main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful! Thank you for the story!

Now I am going to Darth Lex 's story on how he gets back together with Jaina and becomes the Emperor!

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That was such a wonderful ending. I absolutally loved the proposal. It was perfect! Exactly what Jag and Jaina's proposal would go like. Amazing job!

I take back what I said last reply. THIS is my favorite post. =D=

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
  4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WOW~!!!!!

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Excellent from start to finish. The innovative storytelling and the way you merged space and time made this a refreshing read.

I'm grateful for being able to read it!

Thanks!
    I also love the word Rodder...

runs off to read alleigiance

6. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    ?That, and I had to make a deadline or risk never leaving.?
    This line made me smirk. I've definitely been there before, so I totally understand everything that stands behind having to do something like that.I really like this touch.

?I know. But I can?t think of you as anything more than that, if even that. I can?t talk of you, talk to you. Rodder, I probably shouldn?t even dream of you. It might risk everything, endanger everyone. I couldn?t bear it if I brought harm to your family.?
    Man, that'd be hard. I mean... we're talking Jagged Fel here.[face_shhh]

Together we are stronger. Believing there is a possibility of a future, our family on the other side of this nightmare ??
    And where is this in the profic? Huh? It's definitely getting nightmarish in there. They need this. O:)

?You always have to throw a hydrospanner into the engine,? he noted as he crossed to her. He wore the serious expression of a pilot about to enter the most daring dogfight.
    Smooth proposal + Jaina = not happening. :p It is difficult to plan around that girl.

?Expecting Plan A to fall apart sounds pretty pessimistic to me.?

?We?re talking about proposing to Jaina Solo here.?

Haha! He's just being practical! I wonder how Plan A magically would have gone.

Nice job, TKL.
    Congrats on finishing!

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Good morning!

red: Nice icon there, lady Sia.

First!

Quick she is! [:D]

Scrubs: It's over?

Thankfully yes :D Onward and upward!

So beautiful! There's really nothing else to say.

I'll take it, thanks :D

Shinar: Third? DANG

Stop letting that husband of yours distract you :p

Happy places, I'm going to happy places

:D [face_whistling]

Yobi: The end?!

Yep :D

*Reserves space*

*holding space*

lurker2209: Hi Lurker!

I know, I know, you're thinking 'do I remember you?' But your thread is hardly the place to explain my abscence from SW fic, so I'll sum it up as DRL in the form of grad school and an affair with the Veronica Mars fandom (Best. Show. Ever. ~Joss Wedon)

Nah I remember you. [face_mischief]

I have yet to read the Dark Nest series; lack of time and enthusiam, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. Still, this works so well despite having only an inkling of what has pulled them apart, and you really delve into that as well.

To be honest the reason I wrote this was exactly that we didn't know what pulled them apart...

And I think, on a meta level, you capture what so many fans sense, and the profic doesn't seem to offer: that Jaina deserves to be happy. Hopefully cannon will get there eventually.

I hope so! But you're right. The proficcers have been more interested in telling the great trio's story and Jacen's story that Jaina to date is a bit ignored. Someone's got start having babies other than Jacen's little unrecognized Allana. Leia deserves to be a grandmommy!

Chimpo: Use our imagination?

Are you kidding me!!!! Until my imagination motor starts you will finish Healing Hearts

Okay :D Working away...

BTW proposing to Jaina Solo must be the hardest thing in Galaxy Far, Far Away

You know he had a Plan C in the bag too? It was Jaina he was proposing too [face_laugh]

Lyne: I loved the sadness, humor, and banter in this post.

It was a nice mix. I like taking the readers up and down, down and up, to different emotional levels.

Voz: I can't help my self! It's the hormones!

Heehee! Been there done that ;)

Here's a tissue and a hug [:D]

ccp: Wonderful ending!

Thanks, Cowboy :D

ChissGoddess: *sniff* Tres bien TKL. It was sad and beautiful in a deeply touching way. Time to re-read methinks. Wonderful though!

I hope people do read it through like a story. There are things time may have lost for people.

I guess it's back to HH now?

Of course. Working working [face_dancing]

flowerbee: Awwww. I loved it. So far, I think this has been my favorite story of yours... especially in light of the recent EU stuff.

Oh wow! Thank you. :D It's sort of got a special place in my heart.

Hm. Use our imaginations, huh? Can I imagine that Nom Anor comes back from the dead, blows Jacen up... and they all live happily ever after?

[face_laugh] We can wish! [face_devil]

obsessedwithSW: Wonderful! Thank you for the story!

Thanks for reading. :)

Now I am going to Darth Lex 's story on how he gets back together with Jaina and becomes the Emperor!

Great story. Enjoy!

princess_melissa: That was such a wonderful ending. I absolutally loved the proposal. It was perfect! Exactly what Jag and Jaina's proposal would go like. Amazing job!

Perfect? Awesome! I figured it couldn't be too neat with Jaina in the mix :p

I take back what I said last reply. THIS is my favorite post.

You're allowed to do that ;)

Auntie: [:D]

[:D] [face_chicken] [:D] <-- Group chicken hug :p

JAGSGURL15: WOW~!!!!!

Go DOOK! [face_devil]

Are you going to watch JJ get his number retired this weekend?

jade51999: Excellent from start to finish. The innovative storytelling and the way you merged

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    *holding space*

I'll just make a new reply :p I fell behind reading Allegiance the last couple days [face_blush]

Jaina?s heart began to pound as her mind spun with memories. She had lost her daughter, and with her any hope for a family. Nothing anyone had said ? not Zekk or the doctors ? had eased the ache in her heart or quelled the tears threatening to drown her soul. In the midst of her inconsolable sorrow, an elderly attendant had entered the sterile, cold hospital room. She had said nothing, but simply pressed the delicately crafted handkerchief into Jaina?s hand. It was all Jaina had ever had to hold onto. No ceremony, no burial, no goodbye. Over time the linen had come to serve as the closest thing she had to a memorial.

That's so sad :( You're so good at coming up with these details, TKL. It really makes these characters feel three-dimensional.

?There are things I need to say before tomorrow. Let me finish, okay??
    He opened his mouth, then closed it. His eyes betrayed his internal conflict; the last time she had asked to speak first probably weighing heavily on his mind. It had been the day he meant to propose. He had every right to refuse.

Yeah, that went badly as I recall :p Maybe he should speak up.

She stepped away again, still facing him. ?I know. But I can?t think of you as anything more than that, if even that. I can?t talk of you, talk to you. Rodder, I probably shouldn?t even dream of you. It might risk everything, endanger everyone. I couldn?t bear it if I brought harm to your family.?
    ?What are you trying to say, Jaina??
    The part she really didn?t want to say finally came blurting out. ?You know that I?ll have to return to my partnership with Zekk. There isn?t any other way.?

Wow. I figured this story had gone AU since LotF, but you've found a way to keep it within continuity. Bravo! =D=

And is she hiding her relationship with Jag from Jacen? o_O Or is there another reason?

?I want no such thing!? Her hand flew up from the hip and slugged him in the upper arm. ?I can assure you I have dreams like any other woman ? temple ceremonies, lavish bridal dresses, and expensive honeymoons, to mention a few.?

Get out, Jag! While you still can!

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/ackbar.jpg]

:p

?Jag?? she asked too late. Shuffling her feet, she studied her only companions, and unwitting witnesses ? assorted exotic flora. ?That went well, don?t you think??

[face_laugh]

?Jag!?
    ?What??
    She eyed him curiously.
    ?The man is supposed to kneel, isn?t he? I guess I?ve been reading you all wrong since you came out of your meditation.? Jag started to rise, shaking his head. ?My hastily made plan has apparently been for nau-aught!
    She shoved him so hard he almost fell over. Years of defensive training, though, allowed him to keep his balance in his initial kneeling position. ?I changed my mind.?
    ?Of course.? He cleared his throat, then hesitated. ?Just to be sure. You?re not going to change your mind again, are you??
    ?Jag!?
    ?A guy can?t be too careful. Our hearts are fragile things.?
    ?Is this your great plan??
    ?Of course not. But it is acceptably close to Plan B.?
    ?Plan B??
    ?Yes, Plan B. That is the one I use when Plan A falls apart.?
    ?Falls apart? I never imagined you to be such a pessimist.?
    ?I?m not.? Jag stared up at her, grinning confidently.
    ?Expecting Plan A to fall apart sounds pretty pessimistic to me.?
    ?We?re talking about proposing to Jaina Solo here.?
    ?And what does that have to do with the price of caf on Corellia??
    ?I see I?ve made you thoroughly flustered.?
    ?You have.?

[face_laugh]

Loved the banter [face_love]

Terrific ending to a wonderful fic, TKL =D= This has been such a fun story to read. I loved the dark edge running throughout the whole thing and the fact that you could end it so sweetly ;) I'll probably be reading Jag and Jaina's impending meeting in Exile completely

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    It was all Jaina had ever had to hold onto. No ceremony, no burial, no goodbye. Over time the linen had come to serve as the closest thing she had to a memorial.
    :_| I like this little detail you?ve added. It makes sense Jaina would hold onto something as a reminder of her loss. Without any gravesite or even a real farewell, she would have to project her grief onto something tangible for fear of forgetting. Not that she could forget, but until she makes peace with their loss with Jag, she won?t be able to find peace herself? :_|

She wrapped her arms around him and allowed her tears to flow. They cried as one, years of grief crashing over them in a tidal wave. It was easier, she realized, to resist the flood of anguish together. Eventually the onslaught subsided, and they were left clutching each other in reassurance that they had endured.
    Unfortunately, I think this moment is as much foreshadowing as realtime? [face_worried] But at least Jaina is beginning to understand that as long as she has Jag (even if she has to hide their relationship from everyone), she can endure anything. @};-

?You have me now,? he said, brushing her shoulder, ?and we can always have more children. Remember Doctor Tarado said??
    He swallowed the rest and removed his hand. An awkward silence hung in the air, unspoken dreams and nervous hopes dancing to the beat of their heartbeats.

:oops: Jag, you are such a man! :rolleyes: Just keep on talking and let her cut you off if it wigs her out. 8-}

Spinning to face him, Jaina caught his hand. ?We need to talk.?
    Gah! Not the right thing to say, Jaina. [face_shame_on_you]

?No, you don?t understand. He can read my thoughts.?
    ?Well, that could prove to be somewhat embarrassing.? Jag forced a grin, but the rest of his face was humorless.

[face_laugh] I thought it was funny. But I can see why Jag?s attempt to lighten the moment didn?t really work?

?Why is that confusing??
    ?There isn?t any other way? I have to be fair to you??
    ?Oh.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Busted!

?I didn?t think you wanted one of those more? modern arrangements.?
    ?I want no such thing!?

Yeah. Not like her twin brother. [face_not_talking]

Shuffling her feet, she studied her only companions, and unwitting witnesses ? assorted exotic flora. ?That went well, don?t you think??
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Classic!

Grabbing her cheeks, Jag plundered her lips with a kiss that stole her breath. ?Stop it,? he growled. ?Will you just let me do this??
    =P~ Wow! :* I guess sometimes there?s only one way to get Jaina Solo to shut up. [face_batting]

?Plan B??
    ?Yes, Plan B. That is the one I use when Plan A falls apart.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Now that?s a good Corellian zinger!

Fantastic ending to the missing scene, EP! :D I?m glad you decided to show us exactly how the proposal happened ? since knowing these two it could never be easy. :p

It?s hard to believe a simple little plot bunny grew into this masterpiece of a novel. :eek: It?s your best work yet ? so it was definitely worth it. [:D]

Now we wait to see if Aaron uses this backstory in Exile? [face_whistling] :D

10. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Wow!
    No, really, just, WOW!
    Thank you, TKL, for yet another truly enjoyable masterpiece!
    I guess I should really go read the Legacy series now, but after having read the first half of the first book, I was so disheartened, I haven't returned to it. I bought them, but I couldn't bring myself to read them.
    Any way, again, Commander, you are the cream of the roverbial crop of Star Wars writers, in my humble opinion. There's Zahn, Stackpole, Trepidation and TKL! No necessarily in that order! :)
    I don't think I have ever read anything that you have written that I haven't absolutely enjoyed!
    Now, on to Healing Hearts! :p
    Thanks!

11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh man, I?ve been a BADDD author?

Some of my most faithful repliers. You guys should have thwacked me or something

Yobi: That's so sad You're so good at coming up with these details, TKL. It really makes these characters feel three-dimensional.

Why thank you. I do try to always find something to add depth. Sometimes it?s a little thing like the linen.

Wow. I figured this story had gone AU since LotF, but you've found a way to keep it within continuity. Bravo!

And technically there?s still nothing to discount it officially as canon although I know it's far from what the PTB intend for J/J. I guess it helps that they?re holding the J/J card so close. I keep saying ?Next book Splinters will definitely be AU?

And is she hiding her relationship with Jag from Jacen? Or is there another reason?

Yes she?s hiding her relationship with Jag from Jacen. It could be a weakness Jacen exploits if and when there is a final showdown.

Terrific ending to a wonderful fic, TKL This has been such a fun story to read. I loved the dark edge running throughout the whole thing and the fact that you could end it so sweetly

I?m such a mush queen [face_love]

This has been easily one of the best fics I've ever read. Thanks so much for sharing it with us

Wow! High praise. I am honored you?d think so. [:D]

Darth_Lex: I like this little detail you?ve added. It makes sense Jaina would hold onto something as a reminder of her loss. Without any gravesite or even a real farewell, she would have to project her grief onto something tangible for fear of forgetting.

I like the touch because it reminds us that Jaina is human, you know?

But at least Jaina is beginning to understand that as long as she has Jag (even if she has to hide their relationship from everyone), she can endure anything.

Sounds a bit like where they're going with canon [face_whistling]

But yeah, just knowing he?s out there and she?s loved would bring her strength to carry on.

Yeah. Not like her twin brother.

Zing!

It?s hard to believe a simple little plot bunny grew into this masterpiece of a novel. It?s your best work yet ? so it was definitely worth it.

Triciaitis strikes again! Thanks for thinking it?s my best. I?m proud of this novella.

Jedi_Vai: Wow!
    No, really, just, WOW!
    Thank you, TKL, for yet another truly enjoyable masterpiece!

You?re welcome! :D

I guess I should really go read the Legacy series now, but after having read the first half of the first book, I was so disheartened, I haven't returned to it. I bought them, but I couldn't bring myself to read them.

You should try the books. Things are looking up [face_love]

Any way, again, Commander, you are the cream of the roverbial crop of Star Wars writers, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the praise. It?s an honor you think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.