main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Splinters (J/J, post-Dark Nest Trilogy novella) - Long neglected Replies 12/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD AFTERNOON!

BigFatty: First reply! [face_dancing]

EDIT: Yay for more background, an early and non-heartbreaking post. Even if they're fighting still, seems like they're getting along more

Trying to leave in amicable animosity I call it ;)

alanna_mara: Oh I can't wait to see what will happen next. *Resumes waiting somewhat paitently*

You?ve got a wait. Sorry it takes a week but this story is second fiddle to the monster?

Wildcat: Reply later!

My busy Awards Organizer. No worries. Always remember to have a real life ;)

WynssaStarflare: At least Jag's being more civil now. I guess having a shattered leg made him cranky.

You think? :p [face_laugh] I?m always cranky when I?m in pain.

He didn't even react badly when Jaina admitted to giving him drugs.

Jaina didn?t give him a chance, smart girl.

Great post!

skywalkerlover00: awesome

Madame_Solo: But I really like this story, although I got confused by the flashback, especially since he'd dreamed about it before.

Sorry about the confusion but I think it?ll become more clear as we go along.

Poor Jag...and are we going to find out about the medicine Jaina's taking? My money is it's a debugetizer. And I hope we find out about Zekk and that maybe she dumped his stupid butt.

The question of the post I think [face_thinking] I like it, debugitizer! You?ll find out more in the next post.

cheersweetie27: So what is this medicine that Jaina keeps taking?

Ah two people ask?for answers tune in next week.

Sola_Halcyon: Excellent work so far.

And the tone is so different from your other pieces, due to the circumstances in part, I'm sure, but you've adapted it to the darker post-DN very nicely.

Yeah it hard to start a bit differently than I?m used to Jaina and Jag being. Glad you noticed the change.

oldjedinurse: Still and always excellent!

Thanks [:D]

jags_gurl: Fabulous!!! More of a response tomorrow, after classes start and I survive...

Thanks [face_praying] Hope you survived class

Chimpo: Ouch that is a nasty scar, Jaina

Yes it is :(

I wonder what this medicine is that Jaina takes

You and me both :p

EDIT: BTW Jag seems to soften a little bit He's probably as concerned about that scar as I am but he won't say it. Yet

;)

Scoundrel: Oh, what a visual!

For the ladies at least. [face_drooing]

Ouch! I'm interested to find out why Jaina was so evasive when Jag asked about it.

I bet you are interested [face_mischief]

ChissGoddess: Yes, I have been lurking...but at least I came out early right?

True [:D]

Kriff, I love this...it's just what I would imagine happening next...if I were writing the books (then again I would've changed a lot of stuff before they ever got all angsty and hatey towards each other in DNT) But it's just so amazingly addictive...and it doesn't help with you leaving us on cliffies like this. >_<

Glad you liked it enough to pop in and say so. Seems we both see something like this happening after TSW then. Heehee I can?t help the cliffies.

SoloFel_RebelGirl: I'm still wondering about the medicine...something to keep her from being buggy, maybe?

Buggy, eh? [face_thinking]

I got the flashback/dream thing this time...much less confusing.

Woohoo!

aurrasingrules101: wonderful update, eagerly awaiting more.

goddess45: Weird.... what was that thing going on with Jaina??

All answers in god time :)

Shinar: Confusing mush is still good

It?s the simple things mush = good

I'm glad they are working together (even if it is grudging). The fighting was fun but you can only take the tension so far before the readers start whining

True tru

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    You're supposed to be resting young lady. o_O (And I better make this quick before oldj gets after me for the same reason). Speedy recovery to you and the left side of your body.

3. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    [iI?m left-handed[/i]

Me too! :D

Feel better. I know how it feels to mess up your writing hand. I sprained two of my fingers on my left hand last year. It wasn't a pleasant experience, especially when trying to take notes for Chemistry. :p

-Vicster

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yep so I forgot to reply --well did't forget but that pesky test was going on and I wasn't allowed to reply ;0

Anyway--sorry about the injury but fanastic post!

5. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Hope you're feeling better!

My busy Awards Organizer. No worries. Always remember to have a real life;)

Don't worry! My Real Life is just as crazy as my life here (if not more). No wonder I'm barely hanging on to sanity:p

BTW, I edited my reply so there's a review there now if you're interested:D

6. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I'm losing my mind! I swear I reviewed this already!:oops: JAg seems to be softening alittle. I too wonder about the shots. She was taking them in the dream too, what could that mean? Is Jag just messing with his own mind? [face_thinking]

Sorry about the spill, TKL , get better soon! [:D]

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    TKL and Sara! Rest and get better, or I just might turn into Darth Nurse!

;)

oldj

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Getting better so there will be a post Wednesday. Teaser up in the Cantina...

9. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    up!up!up!______up!up!up!
    up!up!up!______up!up!up!
    up!up!up!______up!up!up!
    up!up!up!______up!up!up!
    up!up!up!______up!up!up!
    ___up!up!______up!up!
    ______up!up!up!up!

up!up!up!up!up!up!up!up!
    up!up!up!up!up!up!up!up!
    up!up!_______________up!
    up!up!_______________up!
    up!up!_______________up!
    up!up!up!up!up!up!up!up!
    up!up!up!up!up!up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!
    up!up!up!

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

I'm feeling better as well, no need for Darth Nurse to make an appearance.

11. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Lovely teaser! [face_mischief] :D

Did you give ole Stylin' a thwack? ;)

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good morning!

Working on tightening up the post and it?ll be up shortly. First some replies?

Piggy: Feeling better already. Thanks :D

Vicster: Go lefties!

jade51999: I hope the test went well. [:D]

Wildcat: Found the edits. Thanks for all of them. You?re too kind.

Auntie: She was taking them in the dream too, what could that mean? Is Jag just messing with his own mind?

Just so there?s no confusion. The two shots ? present and past ? are not the same ;)

oldjedinurse: We?re all rested now [face_dancing]

skywalkerlover00: Now that?s an up! :D

Red: Actually I was nice and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He?s gotten a check up from the vet and now ready to storm the horse show with a newly lubed body.

13. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    TKL~
    Glad to hear you're doing better! I can't wait to read more!

*~Telanna~*

PS. Is there a PM list for this story? Can I be on it?

Thanks!

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks, Telanna :D

I've had some requests for PMs but I think since I have a regular schedule it's pretty easy for readers to check back. Barring future crashes from horses, there will be an update here every Wednesday ;)

Posting in a second...

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Withdrawal

Trekking along the treacherous floor of the ravine, Jaina chewed at her lip. She itched. The niggling urge to scratch her right forearm most of all. Despite her best efforts, for about the fiftieth time today she reached over with her left hand. She barely managed to touch her skin before yanking it away in pain. Glancing down, she realized why that simple brush had felt like an insect sting; her forearm was raw and oozing. Worse yet, she had done this to herself.

She cocked her wrist to check her chrono, and immediately regretted it. She stumbled, cursing, until a hand caught her by the elbow. Not a hand ? Jag?s hand.

?Are you all right??

?Fine.? She yanked her elbow free; his touch hurt.

As she resumed her journey, Jaina silently cursed anyone she could: the gods of Corellia, the Force, her uncle and aunt. She swore at the agonizingly slow pace they had been traveling for the last day. Not that she could blame Jag. He had marched on his repaired ankle like he had been through weeks of rehab, not like a man on his first day out of a bacta sleeve, and he had yet to give any indication of slowing down. The terrain was the problem.

Still, her chrono didn?t lie. It felt like hours had crept past when in fact they hadn?t at all.

Disgusted, Jaina ripped off the chrono and stuffed it into her pack. She swung the pack back over her shoulder, then paused. The new sensation wasn?t an itch. The distance between her and Jag was widening. Checking over her shoulder, she saw Jag stopped, propped against a rock.

He took a long drink from his water bottle, then splashed some on his face. He shook off the droplets and let out a satisfied breath. When he raised his face, Jag stared at Jaina, his green gaze as focused as a hard lock. She stared back, caught in the cool depths, wanting to remember the hard lines of his jaw, his cheek, his scar.

Out of nowhere. ?Did you get bit by something??

She blinked. Oh. She was scratching her arm again. She willed her fingers to stop. ?No.?

?Just the atmosphere taking its toll on your skin??

?Not exactly.? Her nails ripped at her flesh.

?You should put something on that.?

?It?s none of your concern, Jag.? She stomped off.

?Is it a side effect of those shots??

?What is this, candor or can dare?? she spat as she rounded.

He calmly approached her. ?Not a nonsensical game, Jaina. Just a simple question.?

Her shoulders heaved as she fought a fit of rage. ?I don?t owe you anything.?

?Nor do I.? Jag lowered the small pack off his shoulder, then reached out for her. She flinched, but his hand quickly closed around the fingers scratching in agitation. ?But I have no desire to see you suffering.?

?Just blown to smithereens a time or two.?

Despite the harsh bite of her words, Jag simply tugged the pack off Jaina?s shoulder. He held it out for her, never relinquishing his steadying grip on her antsy fingers. ?I am sure there is some salve in the medkit.?

?It won?t do any good.? His kindness made her want to chew his head off, but somehow she tempered her words. In fact, she almost felt like crying instead.

?Why not??

Ripping her hand away, Jaina flung herself down on a rock. She stared at her hands knotted in fists. The anxiety that had been boiling in her veins all day had reached a point of no return. She wanted to shout at him, or maybe hit him, but his words and his eyes were so?kind. Really, she only wanted Jag to hold her and make this terrible emptiness digging at her gut go away. ?What do you care??

?Some part of me will never stop caring, Jaina.?

His moment of honesty made her want to confide in him. Still, she found it next to impossible. She couldn?t bring herself to say the words ?

?How about some answers for answers?? He knelt beside her, the medkit from her pack in his hand.

She could do that. An information trade wasn?t conceding anything. ?Okay.?

Even though she had explained otherwise, Jag took out a tube of salve and dabbed a health

16. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Snag!

EDIT: I would love to have heard all the questions that were asked, especially the answers that went with them. I really need to finish Swarm War so I can really understand the last part of the post. Jag is certainly Superman with all the hiking after being badly injured. Can't wait to read what the corresponding flashback is.

17. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    ok.

The first thing that came to my mind : It started out Jaina saving Jag. T me in this chapter, Jag was 'saving' Jaina. (Not so much saving but the roles seem reversed.

I liked the trading questions for questions. It gave a great insight to what was happening during the Swarm War. (Or what you thought it should be).

I don't think the person who betrayed them would be someone in Jag's family. Why would they have any reason to hurt her? But you never know what anger can do.

Nice job TKL I can't wait for the next part!

18. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Woohoo!

Back later.

[...]

Back Now!

Glancing down, she realized why that simple brush had felt like an insect sting; her forearm was raw and oozing. Worse yet, she had done this to herself.

First, I will say that's disgusting. Then I will wonder what caused her skin condition. If that's what it is. Judging by the title of this chapter. I'm guessing it's some sort of withdrawl side affect.

?Fine.? She yanked her elbow free; his touch hurt.

Interesting. Very interesting. It must have something to do with her skin but I'd think she'd relish the fact that his touch was to help her, not hurt her. That must be one painful condition.

Not that she could blame Jag. He had marched on his repaired ankle like he had been through weeks of rehab, not like a man on his first day out of a bacta sleeve, and he had yet to give any indication of slowing down.

Yeah, well, Jag's always been stoic.

Still, her chrono didn?t lie. It felt like hours had crept past when in fact they hadn?t at all.

Uh oh. This does not sound good.

He took a long drink from his water bottle, then splashed some on his face. He shook off the droplets and let out a satisfied breath. When he raised his face, Jag stared at Jaina, his green gaze as focused as a hard lock. She stared back, caught in the cool depths, wanting to remember the hard lines of his jaw, his cheek, his scar.

They still love each other. No matter how hard they both may not want to. That's what this part made me think.

?Just the atmosphere taking its toll on your skin??

Aha. So he's going to get to the bottom of this.

?What is this, candor or can dare?? she spat as she rounded.

This is making her far to testy. It must be important.

?Nor do I.? Jag lowered the small pack off his shoulder, then reached out for her. She flinched, but his hand quickly closed around the fingers scratching in agitation. ?But I have no desire to see you suffering.?

He still cares. Despite everything. He can't help it. She's part of him.

His kindness made her want to chew his head off, but somehow she tempered her words.

That's ridiculous. The fact that Jag can be kind to her after all that's happened should make her happy.

I knew it!:D

?How about some answers for answers?? He knelt beside her, the medkit from her pack in his hand.

She could do that. An information trade wasn?t conceding anything. ?Okay.?

Good idea. That Jag, always thinking.

She held out her right arm. ?The shots?? Nodding once, he appeared to pay more attention to her wounded flesh than her reply. His touch was gentle and soothing.

If just his touch helps, imagine what he could do if she let him help her completely (that is, if he's willing).

He looked up, his eyes dark and sad. ?You?re suffering from withdrawal.?

Like from drugs. As much as he hated what she did, knowing this must be hurting him.

"Zekk -" she felt a piercing stab of pain emanate from Jag at the mention of the name "- and I stayed with the Killiks for much longer than the others. My body hasn?t relearned to regulate itself the ways it used to. The shot is supposed to mimic the effect of the hive mind.?

I feel so bad for both of them right now. I really hope they can make it right. Like I said, they obviously still care for each other. They just have A LOT of issues to work out.

?You rescued me.? He stood suddenly, walking away a few steps before stopping and turning to face her. He looked sick. ?You didn?t think it would take this long.?

Hopefully, he will be there for her when the time comes.

His features drew into that grim expression she remembered all too well. ?We?ll just have to make better progress, then.? He paced back over to her and offered a hand.

Another sign that he cares. He cares a lot more than he's willing to admit.

?I won?t,? he r

19. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Stang! That was one rough post. Very angsty.

So, Jaina's going through withdrawals. I'd say given everything that she's dealing with, Jaina is handling things very well indeed.

?I won?t,? he replied, not looking back. ?This is for me. I don?t want to feel like I owe you anything.?

And may I just say...Jag, buddy...just keep telling yourself that. ;)

Although she hadn?t thought it possible, Jag?s pace quickened. ?You?re wondering how she bested me, when you couldn?t.?

Jaina?s shoulders drew up. She bit her lip to silence a scathing retort. In all fairness, he spoke the truth.

?To be honest, a basic trainee could have knocked me from the sky by the time I caught up with the Falcon.?

[face_laugh] Pilots! That's what she chooses to ask him! How her mother outshot her! So Jaina and it was perfect the way that Jag new exactly what she was asking.

?It was Jacen!? Tears streamed down her cheeks. So much betrayal on all sides. She had put her faith in her twin, and it had cost her everything. ?Jacen led the attack. I tried to tell him, but he wouldn?t listen to us. He wouldn?t listen, he started the battle, then none of us had a choice.?

She held on, using the Force this time, and placed his hand over her pounding heart. She wasn?t sure who was shaking worse, Jag or her. ?Please, listen to me. I swear on Anakin?s name I did not lead the attack.?

Woah. :eek: That admission took a lot. You write Jaina and Jag so well with so much understanding of their characters it just always shocks me. Awesome! I loved how Jaina still took responsibilty for her actions after she admitted that Jacen led the attack though. It's nice to see that Jag still cares enough to protect Jaina, both from the knowledge of what Jacen did and Jacen himself. Very angsty ending, but perfect.

I can't wait for the rest of this post. :D

20. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    [elegant placemarker reads ... For Squishy's Reply]

21. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Awww he still cares about her safety. He still holds a lot of anger against her, though. I wonder how bad she will be when the hypos run out. She was so edgy then that it definatley won't be a good thing. Great post!

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    shakes fists at DN authors and story arc writers... why oh why is my Jacen evil! Why! What happened?

its just sooo wrong!

ahem
    Anyway. Thanks for the post TKL. it was great.
    P

23. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Ok so now I think I'm going to go crazy if I don't read Swarm War. I finished TUQ like two days ago and the Dark Nest trilogy is now on my OK list. At first I was like "Dude Zekk! EWW!" But now I don't care 'cause Jacen is pulling a 180 on us from the NJO and Denning has brought back parts of Luke and Han and Mara and Leia that missed. Reading their parts of the story was like reading a Zahn book! :D

Am I forgeting something? :confused: Oh yeah! Good post! Jag's doing a kind of turn around from the previous posts. I think that's a good thing. And we finally know what the heck the shots were for! It's about time! Good Grief.

Looking forward to more. :)

-Vicster

24. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    :eek: So there were some serious questions and answers :eek:

More later when I finally wake up...

EDIT: Her shoulders heaved as she fought a fit of rage. “I don’t owe you anything.”

“Nor do I.” Jag lowered the small pack off his shoulder, then reached out for her. She flinched, but his hand quickly closed around the fingers scratching in agitation. “But I have no desire to see you suffering.”

“Just blown to smithereens a time or two.”

Jag cares for Jaina and that's a good sign. He could have always replied to her with " I'll call your mother if I need to " [face_mischief]

“What do you care?”

“Some part of me will never stop caring, Jaina.”

That's better :) No matter what there is always a part in us that will care for the people we love. Great line :)

He looked up, his eyes dark and sad. “You’re suffering from withdrawal.”

Well now we know about the shots. Ouch I hope Jaina will beat it. Jag emotions show disappointment :( He's falling for her again ;)

"Zekk -" she felt a piercing stab of pain emanate from Jag at the mention of the name

Jaina should remember to clear this topic quickly if she cares for Jag.

“To be honest, a basic trainee could have knocked me from the sky by the time I caught up with the Falcon.”

Pilots and their ego :p It's always the ship ;)

“How long have you known me? Known what I’ve valued most from the Chiss?”

Ouch!!! That must have hurt!!! Being so long with each other and she forgot about it. Poor Jag :(

“Leave your boyfriend out of this! Just admit you gave the order!”

Jag is getting angry [face_worried]

She held on, using the Force this time, and placed his hand over her pounding heart. She wasn’t sure who was shaking worse, Jag or her. “Please, listen to me. I swear on Anakin’s name I did not lead the attack.”

This is just great!!! Sad but also shows that Jaina's feelings for Jag are really strong. She place's herself in a position that Jag can't refuse to believe her.

Very strong and powerful line =D=

25. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003

:) I'm glad that he realizes that - and it shows in this post.

Jag sat there, looking like he had been kicked in the gut. ?It couldn?t??

Yeah, I can imagine why that revelation totally threw Jag for a loop. ;)

?Jag?? Finally she rolled over. His back was to her. ?Who betrayed my parents??

I read that and immediately wondered how Jag was going to answer that one. Actually, if Jag truly will be in the upcoming books like we all hope - I'm really interested to see how that plays out. [face_mischief]

Wow. What an intense post! (and great, as always! :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.