main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SpoCon 2009 in Spokane, Washington

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Raph1613, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    The Second Annual SpoCon is coming up. It happens during the weekend of July 31 thru August 2
    The first one was awesome, and with the same good fortune and attendance as last year, this one will be just as good or perhaps even better!

It takes place on the campus of Gonzaga University, a very picturesque place. So much of it is like a park, and all the buildings being what they are, can accomodate just about everything under the sun.
    Speaking of accomodations, lodging can be done on-campus with the vacant student apartments (which are HUGE) or through a nearby hotel. If the prices are about the same as last year, then they are more than reasonable.

The convention site is http://www.spocon.org if you would like to learn more.

There was a bit of a Star Wars presence there last year. And any fan will appreciate the SpoCon logo!

All Sci-Fi genres are welcome.

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    It happenned, and it was awesome! Two years in a row. Seems they're off to a good start.
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Despite any silly little complaints (even by me) it was a well organized event.
    If you happen to be in the area next year, you'll be glad that you attended. You can follow it through the Spakane Forum.
    There was a more than decent Star Wars presence there. I guess that I'll have to work on an actual SW outfit to wear at the next one. My "generic Sith" rig really isn't adequate.
    However, first project: Creation of The FanBlade...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.