main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA ~SPOILER ALERT~ The Force Unleashed ~SPOILER ALERT~

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TarnishedFILM, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarnishedFILM

TarnishedFILM Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2007
    Such AMAZING plot!

~~SPOILER ALERT~~SPOILER ALERT~~

* Darth Vader starts the Rebel Alliance. He sends the Apprentice off to start the Rebel Alliance as a way to hide him from the Emperor, but also to distract the Emperor from Vader's true desire to overthrow him.
    * The Apprentice dies in the end. Yes, you knew it would happen, but I'm here to tell you it's official. However, he DOES end up inspiring and assembling the Rebellion, so...
    * The family coat of arms for the Apprentice ends up being the Rebel Alliance's logo/icon.
    * Princess Leia makes a cameo in the game, and in fact, players get to rescue her in one mission.
    * Players fight Darth Maul in the third-to-last boss fight. The Apprentice's training droid, PROXY, always has as his "primary goal" killing the Apprentice (the ultimate training motivator). Near the end, PROXY ends up transforming into all of the bosses players have faced in the game. When he appears defeated, be busts out with "Master, there's one program you haven't seen yet." Then the Episode I music kicks up and he becomes Darth Maul. An EPIC moment.
    * You can kill Vader if you want to. This non-canon ending is almost like an Easter Egg. If you don't want to take on the Emperor at the end, you can instead jump down onto the bottom platform and take on Vader. If you defeat him, the entire Rebel Alliance never happens, and you become Palpatine's new second-in-command (albeit as darn near a complete droid, because you're so screwed up).

~~END SPOILER ALERT~~

:-D WOO!

2. NoTwoSides

NoTwoSides Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2007
    I agree that the story was amazing. It's awesome to finally get filled in on that bit of the storyline.

Other than that though, it's an incredibly glitchy game and not very original.

I'll compare it to Star Wars: Battlefront: It's only a good game because it's Star Wars.

3. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I only got about 3/4 of the way through and had to put it down. Late night free time is now occupied by Hellgate:London and the slaughtering of demon hoardes in the depths of Hell.

4. Diastrom72

Diastrom72 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2008
    I didn't feel like this was the "next generation" in gaming. The bouncing plants were kinda cool but I didn't feel like the AI was any better than any other game. It was also too short for not having a multi-player game option.

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I agree. With all the hype and the fact the thing had been in development since 2005, I thought it would be the next best thing since white rice! Relatively speaking, it is short and I dont know that its so heavy on the re-play value either. The Wii version is cool for the saber duels I have with the kids. My oldest beat the game Saturday night so I got to see the last couple levels. She had one heck of a time with the Emperor though. Juno was certainly eye candy throughout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.