main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC **SPOILER** Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Book 7...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    ***SPOILER ALERT*** DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW!

I have obtained a copy in advance... don't ask how because I will not say. Below are a few things I didn't see coming. It's an amazing book and I'm shocked anyone would read this thread. Having said that enjoy...

As it turns out Percy is a Death Eater. It goes on to say that it was his rat that was Wormtail, he was not sending letters to a girl all summer but to the Dark Lord's agents and he is even seen reading a book somewhere in their second year entitled "Prefects and Their Rise to Power"... he suggested using Ginny in 'Chamber of Secrets' because of her "love" for Potter. "She's been talking about you (Harry) all summer... bit annoying actually." He offered her up to prove his devotion to their cause. In 'Order of the Phoenix' he is whispering into Fudge's ear that Dumbledore is raising an army against him and the Ministry to slow down the Order. Crafty little blighter and totally out of left field.

During the battle Harry is injured accepts help from his friends whom he tried to abandon. Fawkes makes an appearance... Harry produces a Protronus to by the time needed for his friends to rally... the Giants aid the cause along with Merfolk and other magical creatures. The Forbidden Forest is set a blaze and the Centaurs fight alongside Voledemort who promises them land and no more interference. Draco makes a return a little shaken but he hides it well. Voledemort final gets Harry and there is a moment when Voledemort gives Harry a chance for revenge... he is to kill Draco before Voledemort kills Harry. Harry uses that moment to save Draco's life and attack Voledemort. Because of this Voledemort kills Ron and Hermione... which is just enough to get Harry to kill him. Harry's scar activates and Voledemort is going to possess Harry / return but everyone will hail him a hero but it's really Voledemort... after a confusing mind battle Snape enters Harry's mind tells him Voledemort is gone and it's only him. Harry breaks down crying and his scar disappears from his forehead. In the epilogue Harry spends his time wondering the land fighting all kinds of Dark Wizards all of whom who know him as "Twitchy"... don't ask it doesn't explain. Be sure to post if you bought into any of what I said above... yes it was all made up just to see who would read the thread. See you at release.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force,
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL! Now that I've finished the book, I had to check this out. Good one, Lodreh!

Ok, for those who have finished the book, thoughts? Rowling wasn't kidding when she said there would be casualties. I think Fred and Dobby hit me the hardest. LOVED Mrs. Weasley finishing off Belatrix! And called her a bitch to boot!! LOL, I was actually right about a couple of things: Harry being the other horcrux, and Neville returning to Hogwarts and teaching herbolgy. Had guessed that Hagrid was going to die, and actually thought he was a couple of times. Liked the way it ended with Harry and Riddle toe to toe in The Great Hall. Loved how Harry, like Dumbledore, called Volde "Riddle" to his face. Great ending to a great story. Sad to see it end.

3. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    It is 11:24 PM, and I just finished reading the final book. I agree with Eddie-Wan, the death of Dobby hit me hard as well. I remember closing the book and cursing the name of J.K. Rowling. It was really sad for a character to make an appearance for no more than a few pages to then be killed off. However, she did a wonderful job with Snape, very well played. As for the countless others that died, perhaps the children of the survivors will continue greater shenanigans than that of their parents.

In loving memory,
    ?I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.?

p.s. So many points that tied all the books together, a job well done!

4. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Hey guys, I had to make an appearance to say my thoughts on the book. I was surprised that it was even better than I thought it to be. But the death of Lupin and Tonks hit me the hardest. Ive always liked them, like them even more when they got together. But besides that I dont think any death really caught me off guard....wait yes it did! why did they kill Hedwig? what did the owl ever do to anyone? anyway, it was great. I cant wait to see the movie adaption.

5. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Amazing book... the only complaint I have is how fast paced the action was. The beginning starts off rather slow up through the camping... then it seems to go full blast all the way through. Only two deaths choked me up a bit (I'll let you guess which two) and I think it's because so much happened so fast. I like how all the clues were there from the beginning... and how everything you have learned up to this point played a part. Some of the more heroic moments seem almost rushed... Neville's victory for one. McGonagall really came into her own which I loved. All in all I enjoyed the book and the series. Now I'm looking forward to the Official Encyclopedia in which J.K. herself is penning to list out everything in the Harry Potter Universe... from Spells to Wands to bios for every character... I can hardly wait.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

6. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    I just finished the book last night after work. I see I was right about Harry and Riddle dying. I loved that Neville pulled Godric's sword out of the sorting hat. Haha, V's mess up there. The deaths, Hedwig, Mad Eye, Dobby, Lupin, & Tonks, all ticked me off. This book did answer some the questions I had, but it also brought up new ones too. Who raised Teddy? Harry only mentioned that he comes by often, but the book didn't say anything how he was raised. Anyway, best one yet. Pretty much all the I suspected was true, but all I really wanted to see was Neville kick some @$$.

7. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    It doesn't say it but I believe Teddy was raised by his Grandmother... like Neville.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.