main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Spoiler Potential* The Sith and The Lightsaber: A Lesson

Discussion in 'Archive: Wyoming' started by Exar-Yuuzhan, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exar-Yuuzhan

Exar-Yuuzhan Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004
    If you have clicked this topic their will be info on E3 that you may not want to read... if so click back now...

If you are reading on let us begin. In a previous post, their was mentioned that the Sith cannot use Lightsabers. This is wrong, and by no means true. With the ever expanding universe, it becomes obvious that the Sith can and do use lightsabers. DARTH Vader had one in the first movie... ring any bells. In the prequels Darth Tyrannus has one, as well as in the trailer, Darth Sideous/Palpetine, is clearly swinging his at the unnamed opponent.

If you want some extra-cinematic sources, the stories of Exar Kunn, my name sake, used a double bladed lightsaber. In the video games, if you place stock in those, Revan, Malak, Treya, Neilus, and the Exile all use lightsabers, and they all can or do bare the title of the Sith Lord.

I will give credit to the statement by saying that the Jedi did develop the lightsaber before the Sith had the chance to catch up, and so used their alchemy prowess that developed a blade able to counter the deadly energy sword. So, if by the Sith didn't use lightsabers you are referring to the Sith race, humanoid/insect like bipedal sentients that were first discovered on Korriban, you would be right, for it was not until Ajunta Pall and his "merry band" came to Korriban.

Hopefully I did not insult anyone with this post, if I did I am sorry, but these are facts that every good Sith apprentice should know.

Through Power comes Victory, through Victory my chains are broken.

-Exar Yuuzhan

2. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    Well, the Jedi were Sith at one point, or was it the other way around. They trained in similar blade arts, and then split. But Sith can defineately use lightsabers. Who would the Jedi have to fight anyway.

But yeah, *almost* every Sith I can think of uses a lightsaber. So, that proves that Sith can use lightsabers. Who said that they couldn't?

-Semi

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    the differance between jedi and sith is (not trying to sound poetic here) the same as night and day.The sith are just dark.but we must remember that the true sith died out long ago.those who bear the name sith just follow the ideals of the sith.

4. Exar-Yuuzhan

Exar-Yuuzhan Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004
    Night and day... I like that. The Jedi would have just fought the insurgence of that day, using the lightsaber as a last resort... atleast the Conselors and Sentinals would... the guardians might use the lightsaber in agressive negotiaions, but that is neither here nor their.

The Sith... the race and their overlords like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadaow did use Sith Swords, since they did not know of lightsabers until the Jedi showed up.

This thead was spawned by one of the killed threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.