main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Spoiler Thread.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Got spoilers from reliable sources, crazy sources, put them here.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Abandon all innocence, Ye who enter here....

JediFett10 and AusStig like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks for this @Jid123Sheeve - I'm unlikely to be here much, but think it'll help Lit quite a bit.

Since it's a general thread, suggest you have a house rule of people saying what their spoiler concerns. As this isn't an area where you can assume consistency - some posters may want to avoid spoilers for one story, but not another.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Darth Vader is Lukes father.

6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Does Lit really need such a topic? I mean, we do need spoilers... but what is a spoiler? You sound like you are asking for leaks and pre-release intel, cause post release ones go into the respective titles topics under spoiler tags already. So I do wonder how any pre-release leaks may fit here at all given TFN was quite harsh about them in the past and we kinda got various SW spoiler sites on the net for that as go to source, like on reddit.

So just to get this topic right, if Mods let it live:

How do we mark rumors different than say definite spoilers and confirmed leaks? Also, what about confidentiality breaking leaks like Advanced Reader Copy intel before the review dates allow to spill it prerelease?

As one who has been following leaks internetwide usually, I am curious what this turns into. On the other hand as one privy to secret intel and spoilers thx to the right contacts and work channels in the book industry, I am cautious to leak any myself that could be tied back to me which is easier on TFN than other sites.

Well that aside, lets spoil some nobody will understand anyway:

There exist SW books you never heard about, never will hear about and that will never be released or marketed. Especially made for a select small group of people only but filled with a lot of interesting content. It is unlikely they end up on ebay ever. This includes art and lore!

Xammer likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you're screwing around on ARCs, you ain't getting more of them in the future - ARCs are issued with strict conditions of use.

What sparked this thread was a brief discussion where stuff came up spoiling stuff that's not out until either Feb or Apr - depending on the item in question, possibly longer. My view is that's overkill, that if people feel the need to discuss it that kind of material then do a spoiler thread. It can also hold all the dodgy rumours too.

Now, on one of the cases that sparked that discussion, it sounds like it might have been repackaged official info but with a new clickbait headline, but such was that headline I wasn't taking the chance.

I'm viewing this as a simple recognition of the changes in how things work. Before it may not have been needed, but now? Think it is.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My one regret is I should have titled this Spoilers/Rumors since they go kinda hand in hand especially if you know the best sources those rumors come true

as for rules this a thread to post spoilers of things that are not out but get leaked. Rumors of potential things going around or other strange things one might heard regarding Star Wars future

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You can get the title edited or updated by one of the Mods.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Mods if you have a minute maybe this should say Spoiler/Rumor/Leak Thread.

Wanna cover my basis here.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Continuing this from the High Republic thread, HR long term spoilers:
    Same here. Frankly, the upcoming comic cover pages and synopses were making the Drengir sound like great creepy villains, real horror movie type stuff, and I was excited to see more of them, so it is shame if they are a short lived problem. Heck, I was hoping they would show up in other eras after they are established, since there could always be some little colony or nest that got missed or something. Oh well, at least they could theoretically show in any future old republic era stuff.

AusStig likes this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Its also disappointing because.......

WARNING SOME SPOILERS FOR "INTO THE DARK"

The Drengir are the only (so far) darkside (im not sure the exact relationship they have to it) threat in this era towards the Jedi. In a period of no Jedi vs Sith, and dark jedi either very rare or probably don't exist yet in the HR era, the Drengir fill a unique niche. Your right about the Old Republic, since the ancient Sith are the ones who locked the Drengir away. And while Sith vs Drengir/Infected Sith would be interesting to see (and I wonder if ancient Jedi encountered the Drengir), I prefer seeing them in the High Republic era because the Jedi lack the experience of fighting a darkside based threat, since the Sith have been "extinct" 700+ years ago.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    JediFett10, AusStig and MercenaryAce like this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Since I also think possible rumors are fine here in this thread I thought I put some possible future casting choices

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sorry for the DP but possible rumor for a possible game coming on.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If this casting rumor is true those old Jokes about Ezra have new meaning

He's the number one choice apparently...Nothing signed but he's in the running.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2021
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    It is ironic... he got experience with
    blueskinned Ghosts.... but I can't see Thrawn singing and dancing like Will Smith. Well, now I wrote that... I actually can.
    Thx crazy mind!

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So some Revan Rumors

Sauron_18 likes this.
  18. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    ‘Star Wars’: The Rebellion Will Be Televised
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...&utm_brand=vanity-fair&utm_social-type=earned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.