main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST [SPOILERS] [DISCUSSION/ANSWERS] R2D2 in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JEDImasterNick, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDImasterNick

JEDImasterNick Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    [TFA SPOILERS AHEAD]
    Many people have been wondering why R2D2 suddenly 'woke up' at the end of the film. JJ said it was to change the mood of the audience after Solo's death but there is another reason. This may be coincidental but I'm sure Kasdan knows about it. R2D2 woke up because Rey returned. When he was still in 'shutdown' Rey was at the FO base. When rey came to the resistance base R2 jumped back to life. This kind of confirms Rey is a Skywalker.

Martoto77 and Tanjint like this.
  2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    This has been discussed in several other threads. R2 woke up because BB8 told him he had the missing part of the map.

Force22 and Poe loves Rey like this.
  3. moreorless

moreorless Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    C3PO told BB8 that R2 wouldn't have the map in his backup, so it would seem R2 was able to hack the old Empire database while he was under. And Kylo said the First Order was able to retrieve it also. Might be what happened.

4. JEDImasterNick

Dec 24, 2015
    How did bb8 tell him when he was in 'shutdown' and couldn't hear anyone? So it was just the pure fact that bb8 told him I know where luke is?

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    So you open a thread with spoiler tag when it only contains your speculation. And it is something that has already been explained and totally different that what you say.

R2 waking up is perfectly explained in the novel.

6. JEDImasterNick

Dec 24, 2015
    I didn't know another thread existed. I don't think bb8 telling R2 was a good reason. It's pointless because it just tells us he was aware of his surroundings all this time. Also I tagged spoiler because it is part of the plot at the end. SO it is a spoiler. Because we are revealing R2 WAKES UP AT THE END.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's a mystery.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ummm... lock.

Thread Status: