main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by StarDude, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Has anyone heard the rumor that Mark Hamill may play the villain? I heard that he might play Belloq's brother or something.

2. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    That would be interesting! Mark Hamill looks A LOT different nowadays, in my opinion. I saw him in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and it didn't register right away that it was Hamill until the screen flashed: "Hey kids! It's Mark Hamill!" Heehee.

If they do the girlfriend scene, maybe they'll add girlfriends that Indy had "outside" of the movies. I think it would be fun if they brought in actresses Harrison Ford worked with! They could bring in, of course, Karen Allen, and *gag* Kate Capshaw... But why not Carrie Fisher and/or Kelly McGillis? I don't think either of them act much anymore, but I think it would be kind of funny to bring in actresses like that... He's worked with *a lot* of women, lol, so there are many potential girlfriends to pick from. Maybe they'll throw in Calista Flockhart, too.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd like to see Karen Allen again. She was great compared to the other two Indy girls.

Well, Indy seems to have a penchant for religious artifacts..what could he be after this time? I'd like something more on the level of Raiders, where it really felt like if Indy blew this one, the world was doomed. The other two didn't have that feel, IMO.

And if they've got villians on the equal of the Nazis from the first film, power to 'em. The Nazis in Crusade would've gotten whupped by the Nazis in Raiders.

4. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
  5. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    They could call it "Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth," except the Holy Grail is kind of a fountain of youth.

Ok, I'm sure this has been discussed, but the Indiana Jones films all have to do with different major religions.

The first is for the Jews, the Arc of the Covenant they made with God. The second was for the Hindus, (although they sort of just made up those Shankara stones, but there are so many such generic possibilities for holy artifacts in the Hindu religion, but I think something like Krishna's Chakra would have been cooler), and of course, finally, for Jesus, they made the last crusade, aptly named, for the holy grail.

What major religions are left? Budhism, and Islam come to mind. However, budhism is more of a philosophy than a religion, it's like Budha took all the philosophy out of Hinduism but dropped all the good times mythology.

Islam would work well, given the current political climate. Of course, their depiction could make matters worse, (indeed the Indian government was horrified that it's mostly vegetarian nation was depicted as ghoulishly devouring snakes, bugs, and monkey's brains.)

Have any of you ever played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? I think that would be a GREAT story to turn into a movie. Atlantis, the undiscovered country, would be the archeological find of the millenium, and it could incorporate Greek mythology?

6. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Speilberg has said a couple of times that the artifact will be something Biblical.

Oh, and Jackie Chan could play Short Round! LOL

7. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Any hopes for Sean Connery????

:D

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  9. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I thought I might post this here. I was looking at the Just the Facts Indy thread today and remembered this script from a very long time ago. It's probably a fake, but hopefully it will entertain you :p

Go here.

10. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Can't say I've read that one. I however remember the Noah's Ark story that was...okay I guess. The most interesting bit was Indy's 10 year old son. I think if they some how used that again, they could extend the longevity of the series by focusing on the son's adventures and putting Indy/Harrison into the Sean Connery/Dad role. The only reason that won't work is because it would be into the 60's and 70s and the series would lose its mystique.

In Indy 4 I'd like to see Willie Scott back running a night club and being a source of inside information on politics and gangsters and folks that come to her club. I'd also like to see Ke Hue Quan back as Shorty -- kid's around 30 now -- he should cover the Wu Han role in Temple of Doom!

11. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Ben Affleck could play Indy's long lost son. Marion's child? To be honest, I can see him being nerdy, kinda gay (not homosexual), much like Indy's father. He could show up and not know what he is getting himself into.

It resonable since Indy will be 60+

12. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I don't think so. While Affleck might be old enough to be Harrison's son, Indy if anything didn't get a son until much muchh later. If he got had one after the last movie (1989), the kid would most probably be a teenager still (since they are playing it like the same amount of years have transpired, from 1939 to the early 1950s).

13. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    That's why I said "long lost son." In LC, Indy is no longer with Marion. Indy could have consumated with her during the time of RotL and then left her to go on more adventures. LC and RotL were set in the 30s and Indy IV will likely be set in the 60s. It's reasonable.

14. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    That was the angle they took with the Noah's Ark script -- Indy and Marion concieved a kid during Raiders and when Indy left, Marion never told him. The Noah's Ark script was around 9 years ago and the kid was 10 so I agree they could do something with Indy's son around age 20.

But I don't think they will.

15. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    They have to bring Sean Connery back! If he was put into Episode III, he would have had the greatest career of any actor, ever.

vader

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My bro called to tell me that he heard a quote from Harrison Ford saying that he's not doing any other movies until he gets Indy IV done. And Spielberg is wrapping up one now... they said filming could begin as early as this summer! :D

Allen, Capshaw, and Connery all signed to have at least cameo parts :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well if that's true it shoud be great news. I've geard rumors before of filming this year so that the film would open in 2004 instead ogf July 2005.

18. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    What would you guys like the relic to be? What countries should Indy go to?

19. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Also, do you guys think that since we live in the digital age and Lucasfilm is behind Indy IV that it will a SFX extravaganza?

20. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well the fact that it's a Lucasfilm project doesn't mean that it will have a lot of VFX or not. It'll have more to do with the story concoted by Lucas, Spielberg and Darabont.

21. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Good point.

Does anybody remember that Young Indy episode titled "The Mystery of the Blues" or something. Well, Harrison Ford was in that and he had a beard and longer hair. His parts were also set in the 50s. Now depending on what year it is in Indy IV, what do you think he'll look like? Harrison said he wants them to incorperate his age. How would that affect his image? It'll certainly be a different type of Indy movie.

22. Darth_Paul19

Darth_Paul19 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2003
    Indiana Jones IV probably wont be even visualized until 2004. George Lucas is busy now with Episode III. Sorry if you already know this or if this reply was already said.

23. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Lucas doesn't need to be available. The first draft of the script has nearly been finished by Frank Darabont. The official release date as of now is July 4th, 2005.

24. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Since when is the official date 2004? Last time I heard, Spielberg himself said July 1st 2005.

He is supposdely shooting Terminal with Tom Hanks this year, for 2004 release, so there is almost no way he could shoot Indy for 2004. Unless someone knows better about the production of Terminal.

25. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    Who you talkin to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.