main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[SPOILERS] Initial Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Tabula Rasa, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vereor_lynas

vereor_lynas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2008
    remind me when that was?
    i may have not caught that..

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    They might be trying to disconnect Henry Jones (Harrison's character) from the Indiana Jones name, perhaps so that another Henry Jones can adopt the name in the future... [face_thinking]

3. vereor_lynas

vereor_lynas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2008
    my thought on the indy correcting himself from indy to henry..
    a gesture of respect to Henry Sr?

and you may be right about that.. we'll see.

4. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I loved Indy saying "I have a bad feeling about this." It's moments like that where you're glad to be in a theater full of geeks, because everyone starts laughing.

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh]yes! people in my showing noticed it, and i heard a few giggles...hell, one of them was mine... i had to hold back from screaming 'Han Solo!' :p

6. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Yeah, that line was so Han Solo.

ALMOST makes me desire a SW Episode VII.:p

7. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Not a lot of reaction in my theatre when that line dropped. I grinned though.

8. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    But as it turns out, the creatures with the crystal skulls are not aliens from space at all, but "interdimensional travellers". This actually preserves the reading that they are/could be considered gods.

9. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    If you view the aliens as gods (which isn't hard to do), Crystal Skull is no less believable than any of the other Indiana Jones films.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well, yes. By definition any Indy movie will have some paranormal or supernatural thing going on, something that couldn't be rationally explained. It's part of the appeal, I think. And it wouldn't be as much fun as say, finding out that the Ark of the Covenant, the Sankara stones and the Holy Grail were just plain old ancient objects without any mysterious/magical/supernatural attributes whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.