main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers!] JUST THE FACTS: Everything that is known about Indiana Jones IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jp-30, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    It shouldn't affect the Star Wars TV show at all since production on shouldn't clash with production on Indy IV, and Lucas only has a role as a producer in Indy IV. Spielberg is in works to do a JP4, supposedly with Keira Knightley, and once again as director. We'll just have to wait and see, but to be honest i can't see Indy 4 or Jurassic Park 4 coming out any time soon. I don't think there will be an Indy 4, there's no way that they're going to get going within 2 years at the rate they're going. Expect another wave of Munichs, Terminals and WotWs to pop up for Spielberg.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Has anyone come up with a reliable source for this "2 year timeframe" quote of Ford's?

3. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    It seems we'll have to wait for Indy IV ...

Steven Spielberg will take a year off. ( Source : Darkhorizons )

4. Gangsta_Jawa_

Gangsta_Jawa_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2006
    Harrison should'nt even have given a 2 year limit. He should of just said "I'm out"...and this is coming from a fan who wants to see it.

Lucas & Spielberg have had more then enough time to get it together. Spielberg has made a billion movies I feel like since I first heard about indy 4.

5. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    From darkhorizons.com, this morning:

Turning up at last night's Sony Ericsson Empire Awards, "Star Wars" producer Rick McCallum confirmed to Empire Online that George Lucas has approved an "Indiana Jones IV script and returned it to Spielberg for more polishing.

GR

6. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    First time in this forum. So is this film gettig done or not? When can we see it out?

7. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    2007 would be the earliest, though it's getting tight timewise. The 3 principals have made statements lately (last one was around GDC) that the story is approved and just needs the final touches. But to go from that to a shooting script and pre production might take a while.

8. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Apparently Connory will be announcing his retirement from acting at his AFI award dinner.
    Which might mean another total rewrite for this already rewritten beyond belief script. Development Hell with a vengence.

9. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    As i understand it, the script was written with Henry Jones sr. in it. But now Connery is supposedly retiring. This means either the part will be recast or the script rewritten. I think the former is as likely as Ford being recast. Therefore a rewrite would be needed, which should effectively destroy the structure of the script. Considering how long it took to get the script "just right" this should mean at least a few years, which should effective destroy the scheduling that has also taken years to get "just right". I fear Indy 4 may never happen.

10. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey, don't lose faith.

Heck, Rocky 6 is coming out in December. After that, I can't give up on anything.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Connery can announce his retirement without actually stopping work that very instant you know. He may choose to announce he is to retire after his 'next project'.

And from what I have gleaned from the info on the script so far, Connery's part was more of a cameo than a supporting cast mamber, so writing him out may not be out of the question should it come to that.

From the opening post;

Spielberg adds, "Sean Connery as Indy's pop will be back for a few scenes, and it's set in the early '50s. That's all I'm saying, and I've already said too much."

12. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Ah, such a relief. Connery may stop by for a few days of filming if it is just a couple scenes, even if he has officially retired.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hell, Spielberg could probably take a bluescreen and a few props to Connery's castle in Scotland and film him at home for a day... :p

14. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    We haven't seen Indy in deep Africa or in any snowy environments yet. That could make for some interesting locales for the series.

15. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    or in any snowy environments yet

Except the time when Harrison Ford appeared in the Young Indiana Jones two-parter (snow covered Montana?).

16. JediScott

JediScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Wasn't it snowing in Raiders when he went and visited Marion? They also slid down the snow in Temple of Doom when they fell out of the plane. Granted, neither were really long scenes in the environment, but there was snow.

17. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I wish they'd get Indiana Jones IV made come on everybody wants to do it and the scripts done just done it already please. [face_praying][face_praying]

18. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Another great cameo could involve Mel Gibson and Danny Glover showing up and making "I'm too old for this ****" cracks with Indy. Bruce Willis's John McClane could also show up with a six-pack and say "Shoudv'e waited for me!".

We'll have a "Grumpy Old Action Hero" party going on.

19. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Final Indy Script Soon

The next and final Indiana Jones adventure, starring Harrison Ford in his familiar role, is expected to bow in the summer of 2008. To keep that schedule, production should commence in early 2007.

And then there is this at ComingSoon.net

Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's Head of Fan Relations, talked about upcoming Star Wars events and Indiana Jones 4 at Comic Con:

?The current status is that Steven Spielberg is having another script written right now by David Koepp,? Sansweet told the crowd at Comic-Con, ?and we are all hoping that that script is delivered in the next couple of months, and that Steven and Harrison and George like it, and that we start production ? pre-production at least ? sometime late this year, or early next year. But again, we?ve been close to that several times, so it?s silly that anybody says, ?Oh yeah, I know that they?re definitely going to do it, or they?re definitely not gonna do it.? Right now, we really don?t know, but we all have our fingers crossed. I think we?re closer than we ever have been before, and so we?re hoping we see a new Indy movie in the next couple of years.?

20. SweiitConcorkill

SweiitConcorkill Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    It seems like everytime one or more of the stakeholders signs off on the script, another kills it and starts over.

This movie is dead.

21. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    I was flipping through the Mel Gibson People magazine in the docs office yesterday and there was an interview with Harrison Ford talking about Indy IV.
    He said that they acknowledge the passing of time and are no longer fighting the Nazis. That it takes place in the 50s I believe.
    That's pretty much all it said.
    Maybe someone has this and can type the exact interview out...

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    This thread could really do with an overhaul and update! :D

23. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think we need to add the relevant information from this to our little list.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Official LucasFilm Press release

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Given all the previous rumours and plot snippets and cameos are now irrelevent, probably worth locking this one and starting afresh with a new JUST THE FACTS thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.