main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo (Spoilers) Prequel references in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by 11-4D, May 23, 2018.

1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    What I remember:

Felucia was mentioned

Aurra Sing was mentioned

Trade Federation mentioned lol

Han did the same move as the pod racers did

The big one of course, Maul

Maybe the Kasdan’s liked TPM? :)

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Something we already knew, but Weazel - the guy played by Warwick Davis who is sitting right next to Watto during the Boonta Eve podrace in TPM - is in Solo.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    When was Aurra Sing mentioned...?

4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Lando recognizes Beckett as the guy who killed Aurra Sing and says he did him a favor because he owed her money.

5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well hell, that's gonna bum my daughter out. Two of her Halloween costumes were Barriss Offee (before she bombed) and Aurra (now before she got killed by Woody the Bartender out of Cheers).

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Holy ****. These are some explicit PT references. I'm shocked they mentioned the Trade Federation (in a good way)

What was the context of the Federation being mentioned?

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Glee Anselm was mentioned too

8. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Also doesn't Dryden Vos have Mandalorian armor from the Shadow Collective?

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The opening text focuses exclusively on the Trade Federation, and a trade negotiation gone wrong over Corellia.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Han is watching the Mon Cala ballet with Beckett aboard Dryden's ship.

Han sighs and turns to Beckett: "This is almost as boring as a Trade Federation invasion."

This is a joke. I haven't seen the film. :p

11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I was literally mad for about 3 seconds until I scrolled down. :p

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  15. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Don't worry. I read somewhere that it's actually ambigous whether Aurra is dead or not. Lando asks Beckett if he's the guy who killed her and Beckett answers that he's the guy who pushed her and just assumes that the fall killed her.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

16. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    It's funny how the side movies embrace the prequels, but the saga sequels do their hardest to ignore them. Maybe that's why I'm loving Rouge One and Solo! (I'll give TLJ some prequel credit for mentioning Sidious)

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So noticed Aurra Sing, mentions of Felucia. Weazel, great to see a background character from TPM. The trade federation, and of course Dathomir. Along with a certain former sith lord, Maul.

18. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Luke Skywalker made a quick summary of the lessons learned from the PT... it is hard to have a more direct reference than that!

Glad to see the "Disney hates the PT" argument is debunked even more by Solo.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think saga sequels actually do anything like that- they just take more elements from Original trilogy because it sells better to those fans that hate PT. I actually saw plenty of similarities between The Last Jedi and prequels for example- not just that single mention of Sidious. Canto Bight scene for example show us people who are very similar to members of the separatist alliance, being war profiteers I mean. This shows that one of the main causes of all problems in GFFA (and in the real world) is individual greed that knows no limits. Trade Federation and other trade guilds represented it in prequels, sequels returned to this issue with Canto Bight. Senate getting away from Coruscant is also continuation of The Core versus Outer Rim political debate that caused the Separatist Crisis and later the Civil War. Luke considering about killing Ben also reminded me of Mace Windu preparing to execute Palpatine.

Some things are less obvious in the films like the fact that Phasma's armor is built from a Naboo Cruiser (or Nubian ship). I think Disney is doing well with using and combining elements from existing canon PT and OT both as well as animated continuity.

20. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    RO and Solo are set much closer to the PT than the ST, so it stands to reason there would be more reference to them in those films. So I don't think its a case of them being ignored at all.

21. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Who would have thought that Jar Jar was going to save Han's life at the end. ;)

Kole likes this.
  22. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    What is the actual timeline of the movie? I'm interested mostly because of Maul. Is it before or after his involuntary seclusion on Malachor?

whostheBossk and Snafu55 like this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Before. The movie takes place around ten years prior to ANH, while Maul leaves Malachor - what - three years BBY?

24. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    So, soon after the comic book Son of Dathomir then? It's a very intriguing and still unexplored period of Maul's life. Now I want Maul spin-off more than ever!

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Son of Dathomir based on unproduced scripts from TCW? That would set Solo around a decade after the comic book.