main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Spoilers] Rogue One Spoiler Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ManaByte, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

There won't be any cast announcements, or ANY announcements, until after MI5 releases.

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    MI5 will be released on 31 July, if I'm correct. At least for me, that isn't a long wait. :)

3. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
  4. FelicityRebel

FelicityRebel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2015
    Filming does not start until 3 weeks. Edwards was at an even last night and confirmed it. Had a feeling that was fishy especially when they said "late Summer". So now we are looking at starting at the end of July. I expect more castings to leak in the next 3 weeks.

https://twitter.com/jonwardle/status/616646002670456833

5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I find it fascinating that they won't be allowed to announce casting before they begin filming. With three weeks to go, I would expect a lot more casting leaks to start springing soon.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Maybe Tom Cruise is the male lead, thus creating greater possibility of confusion? ;)

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  8. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mission-impossible-5-gets-a-783531

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    ManaByte

Yes, I've seen that but it only says that this story came from "sources".

I was asking if this has been commented on by anyone official?

It is a very bizarre story and, unless the movie studios believe the public to be idiots, it doesn't seem very likely. I think it is more likely to be simple attention grabbing by media sites to talk about anything Star Wars, especially since there was little likelihood of "promotional materials aimed at the general consumer" at that, this, stage.

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  11. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Edit: NM, old link

12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Knowing what we know now, what do you think?! Less than three months away. I have mixed feelings on Stormtroopers and AT-CTs invading beech setting.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it. I don't think I've been this excited for a movie since... well, since last year I guess. :p

Revanfan1, EHT and thejeditraitor like this.
  14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think it has the potential to be everything that fans dreamed of in the '80s. I'm curious and cautiously optimistic, and I think it'll almost be the anti-TFA in that it'll satisfy lore junkies much more than TFA did.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Really?

I fully expect people to say "Oh look, another prequel leaning on nostalgia with tie fighters and Darth Vader. How boring, these characters don't even use the Force! Why do I care about them if they aren't Skywalkers!"

Obviously I don't feel that way but I can imagine the stupidity.

16. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I agree insofar as I can imagine the usual contrarians spouting that stuff. But people who were just genuinely disappointed with the lack of worldbuilding in TFA will hopefully get their fix.

17. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Saw Gerrera in the trailer: "The world is coming undone. Imperial flags reign across the galaxy".

Reaction from some hardcore OOT purists I saw on Facebook: "But we never ever saw an Imperial flag in the OT, not even on the Death Star or the Executor. Not a single one. This movie is already contradicting the OT".

Revanfan1 and thejeditraitor like this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think it will be a modern paint by numbers action film in which archetypical opposites banter and each gets their own epic "moment". The emotional underpinning will be the Erso family drama similar maybe to films like ant-man. I think it could still be enjoyable depending on the execution though nothing that really sticks in your memory.

19. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I'd change that to "hardcore literalists". Those people are annoying all 'round.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    of course you do.

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

It would be difficult to have flags flying in space, seriously though we never saw an Imperial occupied civilization except for the moon of Endor which i'd say the Empire felt it didn't need to have displays of power...not for Ewoks.

Revanfan1 and Darth_Voider like this.