main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPOILERS: Solo A Star Wars Story - Merchandise

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Will be on the hunt this week. Will post any finds.

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Naturally there's going to be a restaurant tie-in, and it was just announced that it'll be Denny's (here in the U.S.).

Denny's used to be ubiquitous in my area (Heck, growing up my Mom managed one), but they've sorta disappeared here over the years and doing a search looks like the closest one is nearly 40 miles away. This is despite a steady expansion in recent years (according to Wikipedia). Looks like there are 36 locations here in Ohio, but they're all North of Columbus. Anywho, here's a commercial for the tie-ins.

I've no interest in the merch, but this just made me realize I'd really like to have me some Denny's...

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm not really interested in the Denny's merch other than maybe the poster and the trading cards. I don't have any room for kiddie styled cups.

B99 likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We used to eat at Dennys when my family vacationed in Florida. We didn't have any nearby where we lived as kids

6. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    What...no disruptor field to change the cards....:_|

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's weird to me that Denny's has continued to expand over the years, w/1,700 locations now according to its Wiki, and yet where they were ubiquitous in Central and Southern Ohio in the 70s/80s/90s they've all but disappeared below the Columbus area. It's one of those things where I try not to eat out much anymore (thank you middle age), but there's something... comforting about seeing those familiar, iconic restaurants (and stores for that matter).

I couldn't find anything about an international restaurant/food tie-in promotion. I know skimming its Wiki Denny's has expanded outside of North America, even opening a location in the UK (Swansea) late last year. Whether or not this promotion will carry over to those various international locations I'm not sure.

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Spotted some of the Solo action figure two packs at a local Target yesterday along with some of the new vintage collection figures. Tried to buy some of them but the checkouts would not let them ring up and they're embargoed until April 20th.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Kind of ironic that Hasbro doesn't want to make any green until 4/20.

The fanfare surrounding the merchandise release is certainly subdued on this one. I suppose we can chalk some of that up to no TRU, thus no "Midnight madness". Heck, for TLJ my local Wal-Mart dropped a couple of 1/4 pallets and called it a day.

I've no interest in Solo stuff, but it'd be lovely to actually find new 6" Black Series figures on the pegs for a change.

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That, and there's been no official word from Hasbro despite it being practically two weeks away. At this point almost all of the merch has leaked it feels like. They're trying their best to make sure there's as little hype for Solo as possible.

11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    That sucks. My Target did that with a couple of the new books and I complained about people not reading the street date on the box. They apparently took it to heart because there was no sign of Solo at mine yesterday.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  14. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So....many....Funkos.....

Guidman likes this.
  16. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    That doesn't even include the exclusives either. Looks like nine separate exclusives too.

17. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I really really like the Funkos for this film. A mighty need is building to collect them all.

Master_Rebado and Guidman like this.
  18. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    I just want an official Sabacc game. C'mon Disney, make it happen....

19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    There is one coming out. I saw pictures of it today in one of the articles listing all the new merch coming out this weekend. It was on twitter too.

OliffWanKenobi likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So no midnight openings anywhere?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My searches only turned up stories from various sites saying there's been nothing announced, so my guess is no midnight events. I wager even fans going to 24 hour Wal-Mart stores aren't going to see any coordinated efforts, and might have to ask an associate to bring product from the back, but Wally World would likely be your best bet. I'm gonna wait and swing by in the AM around 5 or so and see if anything is out. Only want a few of the 6" Black Series (Tarkin, Death Star Gunner, 4-LOM). Nothing I wanna venture out @ midnight w/the Wally World denizens for.

22. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I really want to grab the Funkos but according to a DCPI search my local Target doesn't even have them. I guess my local stores are really sticking to the 20th rather than the rumored availability for tomorrow. I should have ordered them from EE yesterday when they were all available.

23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Nothing at any local stores for me.

B99 likes this.
  24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Made a few runs around midnight Thursday and saw nothing except got to open a box of Galactic Heroes with new Solo figs inside. Friday morning managed a 6" Tarkin and Range Trooper for $5 at Wal-Mart then after about 7 stores of 0 scored huge at a Target that had everything out. Solo 3.75, 6 inch B'S, VC Rebel Soldier and two packs, Han Solo Speeder, Efnys Nests Speeder, Luke with Wampa!!

DarthJaceus and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  25. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I found the card game this past weekend at a Game Stop and that is the only place I have ever seen it on the shelf.

Also managed to snag myself a Furreal Friends Co Pilot Chewie!!

DarthJaceus and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.