main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Spoon Raiding (Yav and Ysanne) [OTP Challenge]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith-I-5, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Spoon Raiding

OTP - Ysanne Isard, and Yavinelf Dangerrescue / Lord Nelf

Prompt - DATE NITE GON RONG - Ill-timed comm call from family member.

Ysanne Isard: Imperial Intelligence director. Former Galactic Republic security agent with SBI (Senate Bureau of Intelligence).
    Yavinelf Dangerrescue / Lord Nelf: Sith Inquisitor. Former Galactic Republic security agent with BESI (Bureau of Extra-Sensory Intelligence. Level 28 Rescue Ranger with Surefall Paramedics, Everquest MMORPG.

Nav-link: WIP chapter

The Oseon - Hotel Mutdah

Ysanne posed before the full-length mirror in the white-tiled bathroom of the opulent guest quarters, turning both ways to examine how the single-sleeved minidress clung to her. Like the common look of the meiloorun fruit, it started in orange on her left side and segued into an olive-green on her right.

She did not get enough chances to do this sort of thing, which included trying on the nineteen other outfits draped over the near-side of the circular white bath, so the time she was spending in here after her shower, whilst Yav waited for her in the bedroom, was actually quite enjoyable, although there were spikes of stress if she spotted something not quite right, or she could not find the right accessory.

There was an audible thud and click, the floor falling a few inches beneath her, then shifting to the right, the Intelligence director flailing for a second before she managed to recover her equilibrium, bending her knees slightly as the chamber seemed to travel smoothly on what felt similar to how the maglev trains on Imperial Centre worked.

"Honey!" She called through the door. "What was that?"

"I'll...check it out. Don't you worry about it."

Ysanne nodded to herself. As take charge as she liked to be, she knew the Sith Inquisitor to be a very capable operator, and liked those short periods of being able to secede to his wishes whenever they could be together.

After trying four of the higher-end, luxury outfits, it was one of the more affordable, to even a public servant such as herself, ones that seemed to fit the bill., Ysanne had settled on a dark blue form-fitting bandeau dress from Areca-net's ExoGorth range, that she had stepped into and pulled up around herself, till the upper edge sat square around the top of her chest, and under her shoulder blades at the back, leaving her arms and shoulders bare.

Two bands of squeese-tane, sewn into the top of the bodice, and at her ever-so subtly ruched waistline, allowed the dark silk to hug her core from the waist up, but drape elegantly down her hips, and around her long legs.

Ysanne pinched at the sides of the waistband, adjusting the height to balance the level of comfort that she wanted, with what she figured would excite and titillate her half-elf.

Her gaze travelled down her reflection to the bottom hem skirting the tops of her bare feet, and inside the dangerously-high slit on the right side, that she poked her right leg coquettishly through, like she had seen holo-starlets do in so many features.

Normally she turned her nose up at their antics, but having the chance to do it herself, and knowing how much Yavinelf would appreciate her doing it, filled her with an almost visceral thrill.

She accessorised the outfit with a low-slung necklace of navy blue gemstones that she had received from a friend of her father's upon graduating from high school, the first time.

She was not one for jewelry, but for Yav, and for this occasion, even though it was just dinner, albeit in the Flaredome, she was going to try it out.

Sitting on the fresher, the Director negotiated her feet into the silver needlebeam (stiletto) high-heeled sandals that she had to lean down past her own bent legs to secure the fiddly straps on the outside of her ankles, where she could barely see.

Normally she wore block heels that held a comlink in one heel, and a stingbeam in another, but this time she had all that in a rectangular purse the same colour as her footwear. Apparently silver went with any colour, she was finding.
    Her regular comlink, a barrel-shaped C1 model that fitted into her small fist, was tucked down between her breasts. Her gaze narrowed briefly, as she wondered if she ought to swap the comms devices, but decided it did not matter.

Giving her lustrous black-and-white tresses a further brushing, leaning her head one way, then the other; and after admiring the finished product in the full-length mirror, she stepped out into the bedroom, stopping in her tracks as soon as she caught sight of Yav'.

"Is..." She tailed off.

The Sith Inquisitor was seated in one of the conform loungers, decked out in a loose, chalk-white, short-sleeved t-shirt...it would be hard to avoid the word 'dress', that extended halfway to his knees, showing plenty of what she liked to see of him, but was the last thing that she expected to see the half-elf wearing.

She rallied, blinking down at him. "Is there something that you want to tell me?"

Despite her own bemusement, her breath shallowed as she realised that it was now herself that was under observation, the open-mouthed Nelf remaining silent for long seconds as he clearly drank in her image, from her heeled sandals, up to her brushed hair. "
    You look fantastic, Trip."

Relieved and excited by his heartfelt compliment, she had barely inhaled when his next statement blindsided her:

"But you cannot wear that."

Instantly on the defensive, she retorted, "And why not?"

"Actually, let me rephrase that. You can wear it when at dinner, but not on the way there." Scowling, he shifted round in the seat to point towards their Queen-sized bed.

Ysanne flicked her gaze along to where he indicated, spotting a pair of gladius, short straight swords with polished blades, sinking into the soft white duvet, next to a folded pile of white fabric, topped by a front-and-back set of white torso armour, connected at the shoulders with stiff-looking short white straps, with four longer belt-like straps at the sides.

"Aww, how cute!" She gushed, breaking into a smile upon spotting that the armour was emblazoned with, inside a faded pink oval, an image of the micro sand panther that Yav had bought her for her last birthday.
    Beside her pile, and it was obviously her pile as Lord Nelf was already half-dressed, was the shallow dome of a round wooden shield that has been lacquered in white, and also bore a picture of her kitty.

"Wait a second, where would they have gotten a picture of Cindy?" She looked down at Yav'. "Did you arrange this? And if you did, why did you let me just go through two hours of trying on outfits in the fresher?"

"Well, I arranged the venue of course, dinner at the Flaredome. And I knew that there would be a themed puzzle room where we needed to find King Knarn's jewel-encrusted spoon. But the Cresh Isk Aurek (CIA) must have checked us out. They even provided a facsimile of my old Velium Light Shield." He looked up towards the ceiling, raising his voice a bit, as if speaking to someone other than her, "Which I am definitely keeping, by the way!"

"Drokking C.I.A." She muttered to herself, referring to the Centrality Intelligence Agency, who had taken possession of this place, the asteroid home of the late trillionaire, Bohhuah Mutdah. One of their units ran it as a commercial venture for vacationing members of allied spy agencies, such as the two room-mates.

Nelf rose from his seat, stretching his arms towards the ceiling, then bringing them down to his sides. ""Okay, near as I can figure from the signage and pictures, the Temple of King Knarn, or Knarnia, is between us and the Flaredome."

"King Knarn?" Ysanne echoed with a slight furrow of her eyebrows. "You sure you don't mean King Narmlé? Gleebaloola's hold a spoon of his." At his quizzical expression, she clarified, "Exotic wares emporium, back on Imperial Centre."

Since checking the place out, she did not feel that the word 'shop' did it any justice. One of her 'agents', a shirt-less, musclebound simpleton with the amusing name of "Drax the Destroyer", had doggedly trailed Lord Vader there.

A small smile graced the director's lips as she thought of Drax. Not just his appearance, but his very existence.

After one of her Section Chiefs claimed that the man had coalesced into existence out of a whirlwind of dust, some months ago, Imperial Intelligence had probed and tested him to find out what was going on, and then, because it was more amusing that executing him outright, had set him to work on what was usually a suicide mission, anyway.

Drax laughably claimed that if he moved slowly enough, that he became invisible.

Well, Lord Vader hadn't despatched him yet, so maybe he was onto something.

"The 'Knarnia' thing doesn't work with Narmlé." Yav pointed out. "And as I was saying, That was the room movement that we felt earlier. We, well, as long as we're recognised as a warrior and a targe-maiden of the Dantooine Imperium, are permitted to enter the temple. Anyone else will be considered an intruder, and will cause the temple to collapse." The half-elf paused as he looked at his bemused date. "Any questions?"

"Targe-maiden?"

He leaned past her to point out her shield. "That shield thing is a targe. You're the maiden."

She nodded.

"Personally, I think this was an elaborate ruse to get out of feeding his guests."

Ysanne nodded, pursing her lips. "I reckon he monitored guests progress through this temple of his, for entertainment." She pointed to the bed. "If there were swords involved, there must have been obstacles." She stepped to the bed, and picked up the armour, finding that there were layers of polished bantha leather, and durasteel. She lifted it over her head, and carefully put it on over her blue gown, right hand feeling for the strap on that side to get it secured.

"Yeah, no, the temple is going to collapse around us if you are not recognised as a targe-maiden." The Inquisitor warned. "From the pictures on the door, they did not wear blue."

She pressed a finger to her new breastplate. "Do you know how long I spent in there, choosing something to look perfect for you?"

"Do I? I had nowhere to...y'know. I had to conjure a globe of water, drink the water, and go in that!"

She raised an eyebrow at the news. She knew that her boyfriend could potentially never go hungry. He had spells that allowed him to materialise out of thin air, small loaves of coarse black bread, and small glass globes of water that could fit in his palm. If he did not consume them, in the morning, as with traditional Elven magick, both items would disappear. "When that goes, will it take the, um, contents with it, or will we need to set it on a tea towel from the night before?"

Her tongue now poked out slightly as she concentrated on securing the straps, feeling like distressed leather under her fingertips, on the left side, connecting the front and back plates.
    She had heard of synthleather, of course, but in her professional opinion, if she found a disclaimer notice, maintaining that no banthas were harmed in the making of this, then someone in the production chain was a lying sack of-

"Dunno. Never been locked out of a fresher for this long before. Although, I would be inclined to set it in the sink, rather than on a tea towel."

Ysanne made a face, and connected the strap on the other side, then used both hands on the armour's bottom rims to shift it around into a more comfortable position, making sure Cindy's picture was round the front. Fortunately, both shoulder straps were not resting on her bare shoulders, which pleased her.

She picked up the sword by the contoured handle, judging that the whole thing, handle and blade, to be thirty-three inches in length. Her face was reflected twice in the side of the blade that faced her. There seemed to be nowhere to put it, so as an experiment, she put it over her back, only to feel it magnetically clamp back there. She nodded in satisfaction.

"Hoo-rah."

To be continued...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Continued.

Opposite her, Yav reached down between his chair and the wall, pulling up a less busty twin of her armour, and began affixing it around himself. "This is a bad idea. Each time I tried to step out before changing into this getup, the temple ceiling and walls could be heard creaking, as if ready to fall on me. As soon as I got changed, it seemed happy. "

"Maybe it, or whomever is watching us, likes your legs as much as I do." She stepped next to him and stroked his thigh as he he collected his own sword, and secured it behind himself.
    Yav put an arm around his love and pulled her close enough for them to share a kiss, Ysanne shutting her eyes to savour the experience.

A multi-tone melody sounded between them, about chest height, Ysanne sighing as she parted lips from him, hooked two fingers into the top of her breastplate, and pulled it out enough to allow finger and thumb between her boobs to pull her alarming comlink.

Nelf looked quizzically at her once he saw the shotgun-shell shaped comlink come out. "Isn't there a shock hazard when you sweat down there?"

"Femmes don't sweat."

"Of course you don't."

She brought the comlink close to her lips. "Isard."

"Hey Princess." She felt her heart drop, as the familiar voice, emanating significant amounts of bass despite the tiny speaker, intruded into their happy moment.

She pushed some hair behind her right ear, put on a smile, and greeted, "Hey, Uncle Mitch."

"How are you, and how is school? Are you being a good girl?"

"I'm okay, and school's fine." She tried to think of some youngling-type stuff that she could relate to him, to keep him off her back. "I'm trying out for the cheerleader squad, Uncle Mitch."

In her peripheral vision, Nelf, who had already been pointing back to the bed, mouthing quietly for her to hang up the comm and get changed; now had a hand over his mouth, muffling a smirk.

So as not to get set off with her own chuckles, she turned away from him, and started walking to the bedroom door.

The door slid smoothly aside at her approach, revealing, instead of the carpeted hallway that they had taken from the turbolifts, a short vestibule of sand-coloured stone floor, walls and ceiling, a set of heavy stone-looking doors, sealed in front of them, showing, just above face-height, pictorials of a male and female, decked out in the white shifts, armour, sword in one hand, and each bearing a round shield, and like the ones on the bed, the female figure's shield was half the size of her companion's.

While she studied the artwork, Yav bent over and lifted up a transparent, glass-like, shield that was twice the diameter of her targe, gazed lovingly at the thing, then lifted it over his shoulder, and clapped it to his back.

"You will make a great cheerleader, Sweetheart." The immortal Twi'lek on the other end, encouraged. "Will you have time, with all your gymnastics, and the after-school Dejarik Club, or are you going to be cutting those?"

She rolled her eyes at this, stepping into the stone-coloured vestibule. This triggered the next set of doors, rolling aside.

Isard was long-term maintaining Mitch's assumption that she was still an adolescent youngling, living at home with her father, Armand Isard; spending her weekdays playing odd skipping games with her friends in soft-surfaced school playgrounds. Having him think that she had adult supervision, bought her time until she could, ahem, with extreme prejudice, test just how immortal he was.

If he learned that she was back with Imperial Intelligence; and especially that Armand was sleeping with the fishes, she knew, she knew that Mitch Nifesta, self-proclaimed God of Cops, would turn into a one-Twi'lek Child Protective Services, and come for her.

Without exiting the vestibule, she leaned over the threshold to see that instead of the carpeted hallway that had been between their suite and the private turbolift, there was instead, a dozen carved stone steps, going down to a set of heavy-looking metal doors three times their own height.
    The steps were closed in on both sides by blank walls the same colour as the steps, so it was clear that their only viable option was to go down to the doors, or retreat back into the guest quarters.

"Hang up, and get changed." She could hear Yav's urgent whisper behind her.

She hoped that the low utterance was too faint for the comlink, and for safety's sake, put more distance between them, stepping out onto the rock floor with one foot, the place silent. She had more sensible footwear in the bathroom, but there wasn't anything that she couldn't do in these heels, plus right now, it would feel like a loss if she changed out of the outfit that she had chosen, on account of this guano.

"I will see if I can do both cheerleading and gymnastics, Uncle Mitch. I stopped Dejarik Club last term. Bit too geeky."

"Well, remember that you need to keep your grades up. I don't want my little girl-"

"And get back here!"

Isard stepped out fully, triggering a loud crunching noise above her. She looked up at the craggy ceiling, feeling Yav put an arm around her midriff and haul her back across the threshold, as a rock, maybe three feet in diameter, dropped next to where she had been standing, bouncing heavily down the steps, and crashing into one of the doors.

"Drokk!" She exclaimed with wide eyes, backing into him, and grasping the forearm that he had pressed against her tummy. "These guys are serious!"

"Sweetheart, what was that?!" Mitch demanded over the comlink.

All she knew was that she didn't want to hear him announce that he was on the way. True, she was in the Oseon star system, whilst he would be heading for Imperial Centre, but her headquarters, not to mention, her life, was back there. She had to think fast, all the while, while Yav had her pressed into the wall, feeling the rough material through her hair, and rubbing against her backplate, frowning at her in concern, mouthing silently for her to get changed.

"Um, um, I was standing in front of the long paper signs, whilst the limmie players were
    practicing running through it."

"What, that stuff is deliberate? I thought those were health and safety failings."

"So did I."

"And your Dad is okay with that?"

Her Dad had been okay with dropping her into the Iskalon sun, whilst trapped aboard Thromberg the Hutt's marine laboratory, so her getting trampled by teenage limmie players wouldn't have bothered him, she didn't think.

Bohhuah Mutdah's mansion didn't seem to be getting over her foray outside, and was audibly rumbling around them.

"How many players are there, Sweetie? And, are they Tralthans? I can still hear them thundering by."

Ysanne gaped at Yav.

You did not eat breakfast, he mouthed at her.

"That was my tummy. I skipped breakfast. Look, Uncle Mitch, I gotta go. The coach already looks angry that I brought my comlink onto the playing field."

"Can probably hear your tummy. Sweetie. Look, Armand might be okay with this, but I do not want you deliberately standing in front of those signs whilst fully armoured players come charging through with their studded boots. That's insane."

"But, Uncle Miiitch-" Her put-upon whine had her grinning with pride, then the sensation of Nelf's hand sneaking into the slit at the hip of her skirt, palm sliding diagonally round her pantied bottom, made it even wider.

"No. Looking like a victim at those seasonal Running of the Bantha events, will not help you attract boys."

"Boys? Eww." She shuddered slightly to the Inquisitor's digits tapping 'hang up and drokking get changed' onto the inside of her thigh in Calamari Blink Code. "Mm-m. Gotta go Uncle Mitch. Love ya."

"Alright, bye, Sweetheart." Finally, thankfully, the comlink went dead.

Gazing into Yav's eyes, she pressed her lips to his, then released, then with uncharacteristic grace, Ysanne crossed her feet over, somehow stood on more tiptoe than her needlebeams were already having her do, and daintily pirouetted out of his, um, embrace, facing into the bedroom and gesturing towards their bed and the waiting short-sleeved shift dress of a Dantooine Imperium' targe-maiden. "You win, I'll get changed."

THUNK

Isard glanced up at the sudden noise from the ceiling.

"What's happening?"

She glanced back at him, to see that he had dropped to the floor and crossed his legs, his ridden-up shift showing him wearing some of the patterned NovaCore underwear that she had bought him last year. His eyes were closed, which was probably why he had asked. She knew by now, that he was choosing protection spells from a sort of mental spell book that he could visualise only down in that position. He called the process, "memming".
    Before becoming a Sith Inquisitor, and even before coming to this galaxy during the last decades of the Old Republic, he had been a Rescue Ranger on his homeworld, a sort of magic-imbued adventuring healer.

Another sound, a sort of susurrating hiss that sent chills down her spine, snatched her attention away from him, her hair whipping as she spun towards the ceiling again.

She blanched, and shivered. "I know that sound. Drokk. Piranha Beetles."

To be continued...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Continued.

The bedroom ceiling dropped open, avalanching polished black particulates over the double bed, which would have shocked any lesser mortal than the scion of Armand Isard, but despite having a good idea what they were from their noise, she still placed her hands on her hips and yelled up into the dark space above her, "You are not making any friends down here, I hope you know tha-" Her exclamation cut off by Yav grabbing her around the waist again, lifting her off the carpet and taking her out of the room, as some of the black stuff started flitting about the room and around their heads.

"That's it. Let's go."

He released her so that they could run down the steps to the temple doors, and the boulder that was already down there.

"Can you run in those?" He huffed, glancing back at her heels as she deliberately planted her whole sole on each step, with both elbows flapping beside her like flightless avian wings.

"You'll be surprised."

Yav paused to let her pass him, focussing his mind on the Levitate spell to cast upon her, in case she should trip or fall heavily.

She was three steps from the bottom, when light blue sparkles appeared out of thin air above her and sprinkled slowly over her head and shoulders, vanishing as they touched her.

The Imperial Intelligence director did not even pause, by now used to the appearance of her beau's magickal effects.

Of more concern to the both of them, was the ceiling cracking above, and there was a thunderous impact behind them, but the cause of the sound did not chase them any further, with only the half-elf knowing that he was holding it at bay with the Force.

Sand and smaller pebbles splashed down from myriad cracks.

Joining Ysanne at the bottom as she shook and pawed dirt from her hair, Yav's initial concern at how they were going to get inside, were assuaged by finding that the first boulder had bowed in the door that it had slammed into, leaving a triangular gap between the bent door, and its' so far undamaged twin.

"Can you get inside?" Dangerrescue put his back to the door, and checked their six - military parlance for the area behind them, to keep the rubble at bay.

Ysanne ducked her head and put it and a leading leg through the gap, her shield catching on the door, reversed out enough to use her trailing hand over her shoulder and pluck the thing free, then pull it inside after her as she stepped inside. "I'm through. Come on."

The Sith Inquisitor followed. Stepping fully through into the temple interior, Yav found himself in a two-story rectangular chamber that seemed to be a cross between a treasure room, and a construction site. He did a higher and lower one-eighty degree angle check for any immediate threats, right palm up and aiming along the walls to fireball anything that looked at them funny. Satisfied, he dropped the arm, and relaxed just enough to study the temple interior itself.

An off-red mosaic covered the floor, large blocks of grey, two metres-square, stone were scattered around the place, crenelated columns held up a mezzanine floor which covered the far half of the place, and he was far enough back to see that at the far end of that upper level, was another set of sealed doors, rimmed by a lime-coloured glow, indicating its importance.

On this level also, ahead and under the half-ceiling, another green glow could be discerned between the blocks.

He stepped forwards, saying, "Hey, that looks important. Let's check that out."

When Ysanne did not respond, he glanced back at her, to find that her attention was not on him, or even anything that he had already observed, but something to his right, now.

A thick cylindrical column of partially frosted, partially clear, ice, had confined in it's chilly embrace, the form of a savage, furred animal that he could not immediately identify. The quadruped was as long as he was tall, with a wide slash of a mouth holding impressively large teeth. It had a light build, and a long tail, and there was a quiver of spines along the back of its' neck.

"Oh, that's not good." He advised, thinking of the animal being a threat when the ice melted enough for it to get free.

"Oh no." Ysanne bemoaned in a sympathy that he rarely heard from her, even when he was around her. "We have to do something."

He crossed back to her, and took her hand. "Yes, get done and out of here before all that melts."

"We can't leave it!"

Now he looked up into her face, seeing that she had her other palm cupped over her mouth. "Alright, a) who are you, and what have you done with my Ysanne?"

"And b)?"

"It's fully grown, not a newborn. We won't be able to rely on it bonding with you as soon as it sees you."

Isard stepped around her boyfriend, right hand going over her shoulder to grab her sword, bringing it over and swinging it right to left in front of her in a double-handed grip to chunk hard into the side of the ice column, spitting slivers of frost as the vibration of the impact travelled up her elbow-locked arms.

She snatched her hands away to wrap a hand around the other wrist, the blade still stuck fast in the ice.

Not so distracted, Yav spotted two of the creature's four scarlet eyes, flicking towards them. "Well, it's conscious at any rate."

Faux warrior and targe-maiden noticed the spurt of yellow water from between it's hind legs, making little headway against it's frosted cage before freezing.

"Well, it's not bonding with you now."

"Doesn't matter, we are not leaving it." She determined, hauling on her sword but failing to dislodge it, the blade stuck fast.

"Hang on, I'll buff you." The half-elf stepped back to give himself some room, and cast Strength of Earth, Spirit of Wolf, Stamina, and Skin of Wood on her.

There was a rumbling sound, that he took to be her tummy.

"Sounds like someone didn't have their Sheetabix." If the catchphrase for a popular breakfast cereal, made it into the lexicology of a Sith Inquisitor, you knew that the advertising had been successful.

"Pardon?"

"Never mind, give it another go." He gestured at her weapon, then targeted himself for a repeat of the buffing exercise, casting Strength of Earth as she tugged her blade free, in a sprinkle of frosted shards.

There was more rumbling, but this time it was clear that the ceiling and floor were getting in on the act too.

"Wait a second!" Frowning, Ysanne scampered around the column and dropped almost to a knee, to look at something under the trapped Nexu's head, and to steady herself pressed her palms to either side of the chilled surface.

"Whoa whoa!" Yav warned, grabbing her nearest wrist, and slapping the back of her hand. "It's ice!" He bit out to the surprised and glaring femme. "You can stick to it, then where would we be, if this place started to collapse around our ears."

"There is a spoon hanging from the collar under its throat." She pointed to what she had found. "According to you, we are here to hunt for one?"

Yavinelf released her and pointed further into the temple towards whatever was providing the green glow. "Check out what that is, see if there is another spoon. And if there is any ice, don't touch it."

"You think its wise to go deeper into a building that is about to collapse?"

"Well, it's not like we have a choice is it? You wouldn't get changed."

She turned and headed on the sortie, calling back. "I agreed to get changed! Not my fault that they were too quick with the piranha beetles!"

Nelf leaned down to check out what she claimed to have found, putting his hands on his knees. Sure enough, there was a chunky dessert utensil chained to the wiry creature's throat. "
    Bohhuah Mutdah has got to be the worst hotelier, this side of the galactic centre."

"Yav!"

Her scream, coupled with a roar of dislodged rocks and the place bucking under him, made him look her way, to see her squatting on the near side of one of those great stone blocks, as beyond it, four giant blue fingers had thrust up through the floor and at 2-3 metres tall, were scything towards him through the mosaic and stone like a shark fin through wet tissue, though the flotsam being tossed around and sprinkling around them, certainly were not!

"Ysanne!" The Sith Inquisitor wasted no time in casting his Force Sense downwards, detecting a yawning abyss beneath the floor, which he had not been expecting, certainly enough for the temple to fall into, if it was indeed destroyed around them.

To be continued...

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Whoo boy, this is definitely quite the dangerous date night! :eek: And wow, I never would have dreamed that there would be so much excitement around that jeweled spoon from Gleebaloola's shop; it's clearly not just a pretty artifact, and this isn't your average themed puzzle room/structure, for sure—the place almost seems to have a mind of its own. (I have to think this Bohhuah Mutdah person has either some ulterior motives, a wacky sense of humor, or both, though I definitely agree with the assessment that he's one of the worst hoteliers out there, probably in the whole known Galaxy. :p ) Thankfully Yav and Ysanne have clearly done their homework and are prepared with the proper attire, gear, and spells (though I do kind of feel Ysanne concerning taking all that time to try on and choose outfits). It's going to be as much an adventure for them as it is a date—which makes the ill-timed call from that pesky Uncle Mitch all the more, well, ill-timed! I have to applaud Ysanne's cleverness and quick thinking in deflecting him as well as she does. It's interesting, and very in character in a way, that seems to be deliberately putting up with his youngling-talk for her own purposes; I remember seeing him talk that way to Baile in your other stories, and she seems to have a totally different attitude toward the whole thing. And of course, given everything, I can't help but wonder if Mitch will turn up later on in this story, too, either by commlink or in person! [face_thinking]

And what an exciting cliffhanger ending to chapter three—I can't wait to see how these two will make it through this very, very dangerous date. Thanks so much for bringing your fun, adventurous approach to this challenge! =D=

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You can write witty, sexy & hilarious couples And what an unusual pairing. I enjoyed myself pretty much here. Thank you.

Findswoman and Sith-I-5 like this.
  6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Defenetly intresting to see Ysanne Isard being used in fanfiction. The pairing and setting are truly unique as well.
    Nice story :)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you all, for reading and leaving feedback.

Thank you! :)

If you look at it as a director of Imperial Intelligence, which is how we first knew Isard; and a half-elf ranger in Everquest, sure, they make an unusual pair.

With some liberal massaging of Ysanne's age, I managed to have them both as Republic security operatives around the same time, and then, it is quite workable.

The asteroid, Oseon 5792, featured in Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon, and the temple was based on one in the first Tomb Raider game, which I have written about before, so I had help with some of it.

Cheers. Much appreciated.

Ah, Finds', I adore your ability to provide a chunky feedback post.

You can thank the muse for the danger and excitement. All I wanted to do was get them through that opening level, find the spoon, out the other side, then when Yav lifts Ysanne to sit her on the table, the interrupting phone call comes.

The muse just veered off into this swords and sandals epic!

I got the name wrong. Yours was King Narmlé, whilst mine is King Knarn. But I still want to tie in with Gleebaloola's in some way. Maybe if we can recover the spoon, we can sell it onto your Squib's shop, with partial explanation of how it was recovered.

20/04/2019 Edit: This is now tied in to Gleebaloola's, and I have accounted for another Marvel character lost in the Snap, to boot!

The guy struggled with terminal boredom, and even had two hundred beings engaging in non-TOS-friendly activity in front of him, on a lawn. This pitching guests into an adventure thing, seemed right up his alley, although early on, I had him doing it himself before he either became bored with the idea, or too out of shape.

As soon as the idea popped into my head, I realised I had no idea how she could feel about that, and had to ask in one of the discussion threads.

Baille is Mitch's daughter, so he has the ultimate authority, and she no longer has a choice in the matter.

Ysanne is only Mitch's neice, and he ultimately respects Armand Isard's role as her parent. So as long as Ysanne lets him think that Armand is still in place, it buys her time.

Well, a different type of call was going to occur at the end of the story - still from Mitch, but drastically different conversation - but the deadline was approaching too fast, and I transplanted it.
    Now that you have mentioned it, there might be a further comm call. We will have to see how it goes.

:D I have an idea where we are going next, and have typed some of the next chapter. Won't get any less strange. :p

Thank the muse. I don't know what it's on.

Thank you again to the three of you for reviewing.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Continued...

Columns were already falling from the sides, clattering between them, and brick dust was being thrown up. One of the great stone blocks, over to the left, dropped suddenly out of sight, whistling its descent, as the fingers sliced past it.

Yav heard it hitting whatever was down there with a faint, barely audible, thump.

He ran for his girl, already knowing that she would be fine if the floor collapsed under her, as he had already cast Levitate on her, back when she had been on the steps. All things being equal, she ought to just float down.

"Come on!" He yelled, reaching for her hand as he turned to retreat to the doors, feeling the floor collapsing underneath him, and making a desperate dive as near to the doors as he could, as behind him, a terrible deafening crescendo spoke of terrible devastation.

His fingers grasped the rough stone border upon which the doors sat, and he was on his stomach laying horizontal, but his angle was rapidly changing to diagonal as whatever was supporting the floor, fell away, causing the ground scraping his thighs to crumble and slip away from him.

"Are you all right?" He called as he hung by his fingers over what now felt like empty space. He braced himself , and carefully pulled himself up, getting a knee, then a foot onto the small ledge, then pulling himsef up.

He almost regretted wearing the armour, as the hard surface did not mold to the ledge like he was sure his clothed stomach would have.

He heard the muffled shattering of debris thundering into the base of the abyss that had been under the temple floor, and he aimed to turn as safely as possible to see what had happened to the temple, and his girl.

Finally, with a bit of stability, Nelf rolled over to look for Ysanne, gazing across the temple interior, level with his own altitude. Nothing there but shorn bits of rock and brickwork from what was left of the walls and the ceiling.

The mezzanine second level, and the green-rimmed doorway beyond it, was still there, but there was no way for him to get there, as far as he could see.

Now, he looked down, finding that what he had taken to be a near bottomless pit, wasn't quite that bad, just a few hundred feet down to what looked like an impossible enclave to find under an asteroid, bright golden sands filled the nearer two thirds of the footprint, and light blue waters lapped at the beach.

The beach was enclosed by steep rock on most of the sides.

From this birds eye view, he could see three circular wave machines under the water, manipulating that gentle surf, which made sense, as the Oseon star system had no moon to generate that naturally.

What did not make sense, as his gaze drifted to the right, towards what really should have claimed his attention first, was what was standing upon that debris-pitted sand, clearly owning the hand that had destroyed Knarnia, and was now slowly batting slowly at Isard's gently floating form with some dismissal as she coped with being over a hundred feet over empty air.

The Inquisitor stared beyond Ysanne, at the giant, goofy-snouted face, with two abbreviated eyestalks poking up on either side of the wide mouth.

It reminded him of a minor member of the Imperial Senate, and at that realisation, Nelf zeroed in on whom he was being reminded about.

Clumsy as frag Senator of Chommel Sector, Jar Jar Binks. If Binks was into bare chests, flowing green-blue maxi skirts that somehow had the appearance of a tidal wave, had changed genders, and to cap off the strangeness, was the height and girth of a ******* spaceport control tower!

The damn thing was huge!

Thanks to the floating buff that he had bestowed upon Ysanne, the giant Gungan's attempt to swat her away, failed, and the thing leaning her face closer to her smaller counterpart.

To Yav's horror, Isard demonstrated yet again that she had read a different edition of How To Win Friends And Influence People, than practically anyone else, pulling her sword over her shoulder, and slashing it across the towering creature's nose, the thing jerking back with its' eyestalks clearly broadcasting a frown.

"It's real!" She called back to him, demonstrating excellent calm at being so high off the ground, as the updraft of warm air billowed her dress up and around her hips.

"Well, of course it's real!" He yelled back in agreement, unwisely waving a hand towards it, and almost rolling himself back off the ledge. More incidents like this, and the back of his tunic wasn't going to remain white for long. "I can drokkin' see it!"

"No, I mean physically real! There's blood on my sword!"

He shut his eyes and shook his head, then gazed back across to her. "And that's how you chose to find out?"

He needed to get her back before she did anything else stupid, but first needed to pull himself round into a seated position, to get the leverage and stability to aim an open hand to her, to use the Force to pull her to him....then the Gungan closed a fist around his targe-maiden, and stomped away, exiting stage right.

"WAIT!" He called desperately after the thing, but either his shout was too quiet, or he was beneath his notice. He tried telepathy, firing a thought towards the side of it's goofy head, HEY!

Now, this seemed to work, the giant figure halting in mid-stride, a curious look in the eye-stalks that had beaten the rest of the head in turning towards him.

H E L L O ?

The response was so, so loud, that Nelf just saw and felt an overwhelming white flash in his head, then his back-worn shield cracked into the rock behind him, and everything went black.

From her own vantage encircled in the thing's right fist, being held aloft level with, and in front of the thing's shoulder, the world slowly spun around her as the Gungan turned back around to what was left of King Knarn's temple; really just King Knarn's doors, and a lip of carved stone upon which the splayed figure of her Sith Inquisitor, lay.

Ah, the poor dear has knocked himself out, she thought sarcastically, resigning herself to having to get herself out of this.

She watched as her captor reached up with it's left hand and pulled Yav off the ledge by his legs, the arm dropping out of sight.

Ysanne hoped it hadn't simply dropped Yav to the sands below, but was carrying them both. The steep, vertiginous, coffee-coloured rock walls whirled to her right as the creature turned left, and stomped heavily on its way.

She was surprised that she could still breathe, that the fist encircling her from shin to chest, were gentle enough for her to be relatively comfortable, whereas it was clear she could have been squeezed out of oblivion if it so wanted, or not inclined to be gentle. Her right arm was down by her side, still holding the sword and she had quickly turned the blade so that it was the flat of it that pressed into her leg, not the lethal edge that had sliced through the giant's lip with barely any resistance. There was enough room in here that she could move her arms, but not enough that she could bend her right one at the elbow to allow her to bring the weapon up.

She rested her left forearm on the surface of the giant blue index finger that curved around her, noting that the rough blue flesh was contoured with parallel lines and whorls just like a real person's fingers, and that, along with the blasted thing holding her and taking them back to its', what, lair?

Wind wapping against her feet told her that this fingered cage had no bottom, so she put a knee into the horizontal crevice that she could feel between two of it's lower digits, and pressed down on her forearm to try to lift herself up a bit, and get enough room to bring her other foot up.

This was all reminding her off those fantasy spy-holos where the hero stepped into a turbolift anticipating that the floor would fall away.

Ysanne grinned to herself and shook with silent laughter, remembering that the heck with fantasy, Yav had encountered that very same situation when he had come to rescue her from that base on Iskalon.
    She had to shake her head now, thinking about Thromberg the Hutt pointing a pudgy digit at his entertainment unit, saying, "Y'know, that isn't a bad idea."

The Coruscanti woman's stomach lurched as her fist, or the one that held her at any rate, changed position, lowering and turning on it's side as the Gungan dropped to its knees on an expanse of beach. At least, the way that the water-like skirt collapsed under it, the impression was given that the thing had knees.

Now on her side within the grip, the creature's upper half cast a shadow over Ysanne as she got an uncomfortably close view of the knee-shape forming in floor-length sarong, its' surface like the Gungan had perhaps ignored bathing warning signs at the beach, gone for a paddle at the water's edge, only to have the white-peaked wild surf of a tsunami wave splash up her legs and flanks and try to wash the giant bather away, only to have it turn the tables and say, "I'll have some of that," and take the water that was on it, like it had taken her.

How in the Original Light had Bohhuah Mutdah installed this thing down here?

To be continued...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, all righty, things have definitely gotten very surreal very fast as Ysanne finds herself lifted high in the air in the gigantic fist of an entity that, If I’m not mistaken, looks an awful lot like @Acaciathorn ’s Jug-Jug, as indeed you promised us! Always stoked to see a good integration of fanon lore. :cool: What exactly is she about to do to Ysanne? :eek: It’s going to be up to our black-and-white-haired targe-maiden to get out of this, seeing as Yavinelf is apparently down for the count after that doozy of a telepathic message. Very eager to find out what will happen next, and of course You know I’m especially curious to see how Gleebaloola might fit back into this. ;) The twisted, bizarre imagination of that Mr. Mutdah may know no bounds, but the old I-5 imagination is always a welcome treat! :D

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Gleebaloola connection has been edited into the first chapter.

:) Thank you for saying so.

At the moment, I am only a third through the next update; hopefully won't be too long till I can put it up.

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Continued...

The fist that Ysanne was wrapped in, afforded her a good view of the beach immediately in front of the kneeling Gungan's blue-clad knees, and she could see Yav's unconscious form being laid gently on the sand.

The now freed hand, scooped up a hefty crater next to the unconscious half-elf, and nudged him into the hole, his body getting increasingly sandy as he rolled sideways down the banked crater wall, his tunic riding up as he went the ten to fifteen feet down to the ridged bottom.

Isard was not able to enjoy the sight as much as she could have, for she was having worrying flashbacks to Cindy burying his Corellian Sand Poo whenever she took him for a walk on one of the botanical garden skyhooks that floated high over Imperial Centre.

Was this thing planning to do that to them?

Ysanne steeled her will, pushing fear and negativity away as panic was both what got you killed, and what risked calling in her uncle.

She flexed a wrist, checking that the chronometer was still there.

She had to "Mandalorian up", a term used that originated with the parent of another schoolgirl, but which her own father had readily brought into his parenting of her. Toughen up, meet challenges like a warrior.

"But they have their beskar armour," she remembered wailing, at least once.

"But they have to be worthy of that armour, Kitten." He had countered.

The Gungan's free hand scooped up two more loads sand, but she could not see what was happening to it. If it was being dumped to the side, it was out of her line of sight.

The fist lowered into the hole, and opened around her, lifting enough to gently roll her along the huge blue digits, and into the sand herself, the hand raising out of the crater before she could gather herself and try to get back onto it.

Staring up at the thing, she grabbed at her gown around thigh level and lifted it to help herself walk, but her shoes immediately sank into the damp sand. She stopped, looking wildly around, gratified to see that there was no sign of the thing bulldozing sand from the sides to fill in the hole.

Breathing hard, the director clamped her sword to the shield behind her, and with her hands freed, she used them to gather up the front material of her gown high enough to protect it from the sand as she dropped to her knees, her bottom between the calves that were angled either side of her.

Ysanne twisted to the right to unbuckle the ankle strap for that sandal, then swiveled back the other way to free up the other one.

She shifted her weight enough to the left enough to bring her right foot up in front of her so that she could completely scoop that shoe off, then swapped, sliding her right foot back under her, sitting back beside it, and bringing her left shoe forward get rid of that one as well.

She picked them up by the straps, brought herself up and padded across the sand to Yav's side, kneeling beside him, rolling him all the way onto his back, which entailed shuffling back a bit while pressing her hands around one of his. "Yav', come on Honey. Wake up, will ya?"

As patting his hand, failed to rouse the Inquisitor, Ysanne switched up her tactics and bent over him to plant a deep, longing kiss on his lips, her eyes closed for the act.

Even unconscious, he was a good kisser, she reflected with an internal smile, which then segued into a frown as she registered brightening pink through her closed eyelids, and snapped them open to see what was happening.

Curious. She could see over his far shoulder, where a curve of his glass shield was visible and white with a reflected light, that could only be coming from behind her own head, above them.

Isard separated from him, straightening and sitting back on her own haunches, her view travelling past and up the Gungan's kneeling form, spying one of it's hands open and facing palm down to the sand, seeming to 'hoover' the surface layering of the beach, up into itself.

What's that about? She wondered, she continued scanning up to find the source of that light.

Directly above them, the giant was intently looking down at her, the flesh on the two eyestalks creasing into a frown around the eyeballs.

Her attention was drawn to the horizontal white line along its upper lip.

Her stomach flipped with worry as she realised that that was where she had slashed it with her sword. "Ooh dear." The wound was glowing with an internal light, which obviously wasn't the strangest thing that she had seen today. The light was not uniform, though, and she detected two areas where the glow was expanding into blurred circles, then luminescent drops of white liquid that looked destined to fall out, like a really slow nosebleed.

The droplets swelled to globes about a half-metre across, then separated from the mother ship - Mother lip? - to fall behind her, Ysanne snapping her head round to see the white splash patches in the sand, several metres behind her, already fading from sight as the liquid got absorbed.

She looked back up, to see the Gungan react as anyone who had just noticed a nosebleed, capturing the next droplet on a digit, frowning, and rearing back out of sight to deal with it.

With no immediate danger of more rain, she returned to trying to wake Yav', unzipping the almost forgotten silver pocketbook strapped to her left wrist. It was amazing sometimes, to what girls could tune out, she thought. That thing slapping against her, every time she moved, and hitting everything that she touched, ought to be distracting as frag.
    "Pockets are under-rated."

Along with her stingbeam and comlink, she had cosmetics, and a small gel globe of a pungent spice that could be squeezed under his nostrils. She pinched it between thumb and forefinger to pull it out, placed it under Dangerrescue's nose, and applied sufficient pressure to puncture the soft sphere, leaning away from the smell that billowed up into her face.

All it did to her boyfriend, was made him murmur and stir a bit.

There was an odd sound behind her, one that she could not place, so she glanced behind her, not seeing anything at first as she gazed to the far slope of the hand-gouged crater.

She half turned , Her instincts were telling her that there was more to this than met the eye, so she shuffled around so that she could observe a bit better.

A subtle movement drew her eye line down, the damp patches of sand where the white had faded, pushed up a centimetre, then again, then the bony digits of a calcified hand burst up into the air, widening the gap for an alien skull, just like the Gungan's but without the eyestalks.

"What in the Original Drokk?" She muttered, staring as two full-blown skeletons climbed out of the sand, and stood to attention, each holding a curved scimitar in their right hand, and what looked like a brass hoop dissected by a metal bar across the middle, with the bar strapped to their bony left forearms. With a soft hum, black energy appeared at the inner rim of each hoop, moving inwards to flood the circle, giving the appearance now, of a black round shield on their left forearm, and behind each skeleton, the silhouette of a thin rounded shape, higher than it was wide, which extended a rounded edge above and behind each of their 'heads'. "We-ell, I guess this is going to be Ysanne and the Argonauts, then."

Regarding the skeletons critically, she reckoned she could handle one of them, but two? She would prefer to have a conscious partner, and she was running out of time and methods to get him conscious again.

Holding his hand, patting his hand, Zeltron-kissing him, smelling spice under his nostrils, had all failed to work.

Even as she swiveled back to him, trying to keep the skels on her mental sensor suite, she was grimacing on what she had to try next, something more suitable to interrogating Rebels, than maintaining a healthy relationship...and she would have to lie to him, if he called her out on it.

You need to Mandalorian Up, Girl. Her breath shallow with concern, Ysanne swept up the hem of his smock with her right fist, bent her left arm, and punched him between the legs as lightly as she could, but it still being a punch, her Inquisitor instantly sitting up and arriving into her waiting arms.

"You're awake!" She greeted brightly, though her vision was clouding with tears as she embraced him tightly.

"
    Orrrhhh!" She felt droplets of moisture speckle her bare shoulder, as he groaned thickly onto it. "Officer down."

"Yav', we have a problem." She glanced back at the unmoved skeletons, their arms slack and unthreatening, scimitars pointing to the sand. For now.

"Put out a 9-9-8, officers.....need assistance." He continued to grind out slowly, with a overwhelmingly distressed tone. "Undercovers on the scene."

"Yav?"

"Just do it. I want all, all North End units to roll." Despite her best efforts to hold him up, he slipped limply out of her grasp, and fell in the other direction away from her, hands cradling what she had hit. "South End units stay in their areas...uh."

"Yav'? You are speaking in tongues."

"Damn!"

If she got out of this, she would have to remove that from her directorate's repertoire of interrogation techniques. There had long been a suspicion that information gained from torture had little intrinsic value.

Nelf was on her side, and he was still no good to anyone after a hit like that.

Nope, it would get you off Life Day invitationals, and could stop some fights, but that was about as useful as it was going to get.

Ysanne wiped at the tears streaming down her face, drawing inspiration from the words, Undercovers at the scene. "On the scene." She corrected softly, looking at the skeletons. She was going to have to handle this herself.

To be continued...

Notes:

Skeletons directly inspired by the skeleton fight in Jason and the Argonauts.

Yav's speaking in tongues, are direct quotes from Beverley Hills Cop

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Whew! Glad Ysanne managed to escape safely from the grip of the great Jug-Jug, and very glad indeed to see Yav regaining consciousness, though he's in a worrisome state with all this Beverly Hills Cop tongue-speaking! And now, on top of everything else, there are two (2) undead skeletons popping up out of nowhere and looking for a fight. Did Jug-Jug summon them somehow as retribution for the wound Ysanne dealt her? Ysanne's definitely got her work cut out for her, and I'll be curious to see how she gets out of this—but I have no doubt she'll be able to "Mandalorian up" to this challenge! Holding out hope that Yav will soon be back in shape to join her. Keep up the exciting work, as always! =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Many thanks for continuing to read and review, @Findswoman.

No, Jug-Jug did not summon the skeletons. It is something else inspired by Jason and the Argonauts, as the skeletons in that were generated either by the blood of something, or teeth sewn by someone.

So, Jug-Jug's actual blood, weeping from the wound that Ysanne dealt her, is what have grown these things.

I am making arrangements to insert this Date Nite into an RPG franchise on these Boards, where Ysanne and Yav featured, Galaxy at War V.

On that subject, is it alright with you, if I have Ysanne reference your Gleebaloola emporium onto Imperial Centre within the game?

That 'Fic, Interrupted' discussion that you initiated, has prompted me to put up my work in progress next chapter, so I can update it from my phone over the next week.

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    You are very welcome, I-5, and thanks so much for the reply. All sounds great to me!

Yes, of course it would be all right—I’d be honored! :)

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers for the permission.
    Okay-dokey, this is not an actual completed chapter. As I am going on holiday, I am putting my WIP - 540 words of a 1500 word target - up here, so that I can work on it, piecemeal, by phone. When I'm back, I will likely take the chapter back offline unless it is ready to post.

Ysanne unzipped her purse and extracted the stingbeam, into her right hand. The thing was good for five shots, so as long as the Gungan's lip wound did not breed four more of those things, she should be fine.

Still kneeling, she turned from her fetal lover, bringing her right hand around, the arm straightening to aim the weapon, and fired, wincing against the piercing sound as the discharged weapon shot a scarlet beam towards the rib cage of the one on the right, as she faced them, passing clean between the ribs and blasting a chunk out of the odd silhouette that the thing had on its' back.

"I don't believe it, Ysanne," she muttered to herself, frowning at the still-standing alien skeleton, as it reached a bony arm behind itself to retrieve the thing, "you missed the barn."

It stood side on to her, and she could see that the thing that she had damaged, was a surfboard, of all things.

Isard's eyebrows shot up at this.

The surfboard's owner was clearly perturbed at this development, chattering wordlessly over its shoulder to its' companion, and pointing at her.

"Oh stang."

She rose, bringing her sword back over as the second skeleton dropped into a combat crouch, and clearly looked more threatening than it had, a moment ago.

She held the hilt in her right hand with the blade diagonally in front of her so that the tip of the blade was level with her left shoulder.

Swordfighting was one of the few things that she had learned from Uncle Mitch, although when he did it, it was more with the intention of play fighting, rather than preparing her to handle anything dangerous. If he had had his way, she doubted that she would have been allowed to face anything riskier than working in a shoe shop.

Ysanne remembered the moves though, and tried to bouy her spirits with the thought that if she lived through this, she would have memories of this adventure that she could share with Yav', Mitch, and if they managed the extra step of retrieving that spoon, that Squib shopkeeper who operated Gleebaloola's.

The crouched skeleton was bouncing on the balls of it's bony feet, then rushed towards her, prompting her to do the same, both her and it sweeping their swords out to their sides in the backswing, the Intelligence director instantly noting that the thing hoped to dissect her at the waist with its first shot.

But she had other plans, to drop to her knees, slide along on them, and chopping her sword across its knees, hopefully crippling it with that one blow.

Her bare feet sinking into the granular sand, she followed through with her plan, kneeling onto her dress, which she felt stretch taut until it met the bottom of her breastplate, sharply tugging her face first into the crater floor.

She felt the whoosh of the scimitar blade passing over the back of her head, and rolled away to the side, more as a way to get her raised feet out of harm's way as quickly as possible, and sat up, ready to defend herself from down here, although she was now between the two skels.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Glad to see this continuing—and with quite an interesting cliffhanger, at that! Those are definitely some very persistent skeletons, and once she manages to shake them Ysanne will definitely have quite the story to share later with Yav—and with Gleebaloola, who I'm sure would be hanging on every word! :D Meanwhile, the Yavster has still not awakened... but I have a feeling his consciousness might return at just the right time, a critical time. [face_thinking] Fun stuff, and thanks for keeping it coming! =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.