main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Sports and Coronavirus (aka the Rudy Gobert Appreciation Thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 12, 2020.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    or like we saw with Champions League, just gather outside of the arena/stadium.

heels1785 and Darth Punk like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    with giant flaming flares, ready to hurl at any team from boston.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

rumors making their way around campus here that the tournament is being called off or postponed indefinitely, but wasn't 100% sure. this clarifies things.

for normalcy's sake,

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 and dp4m like this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Duke suspended all athletics, that should be the end of the tournament

Ninja'd by the lothesome heels

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That's not unique to Coronovirus though.

7. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Not if they're is a governmental restriction per se. But events cancelled altogether will mean no reason to go

Darth Punk likes this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I really thought this was KUs year to win the tournament again.

So if it's canceled, them missing out is one thing to celebrate!

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What a goddamn year for the MLB All Star Game to finally be back at Dodger Stadium (1st since ‘80, so it’ll be the first one to experience for me & many others). :p

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure I saw the 1977 one at Yankee Stadium. (I lived in CT at the time and a local place called Show Bus Tours ran buses for ball games. Saw one of the World Series games that way as well).

Ahsoka's Tano and Runjedirun like this.
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Breaking: 2020 has been canceled and sports will be proceeding directly to 2021.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am so glad this hadn't hit us hard yet when the Super Bowl happened.... what a bummer to not have March Madness this year. I get it, but it's still a bummer.

I am now really really focused on the Olympics. God I hope this is a lot more under control by then. They CAN move them to the fall if they want, as long as they happen in 2020 by Olympic bylaws. I just love the Olympics more than anyone probably should and I don't want to miss the summer ones for four more years.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Bruce Pearl is giving a reasoned, measured, and thoughtful response on ESPN right now -- Bruce Pearl!!! -- so clearly the simulation is broken.

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta tests positive for coronavirus
    Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus. In a statement the club said Arsenal employees who have had recent close contact with Arteta will now self isolate and that they expect this to be a significant number of people from the London Colney training centre including the full first-team squad and coaching staff, as well as a smaller number of people from our Hale End Academy which we have also temporarily closed as a precaution.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    christ, that's awful.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    cant see them happening this year. Most likely pushed back to next year

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    just shut the football down. It’s only football.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It would mean Liverpool are European Champions two years in a row.

no complaints here :)

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    formula 1 is pushing season's start to at least the end of may.

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    This is the nice thing about the Olympics, can delay to 2021 and still have them again in 2024.

Well, "nice." If you were training to peak in Aug you've gotta completely revamp how you approach the next year and hope it holds up.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They can't push them back to next year. By Olympic law, they have to be held sometime in 2020 or they just have to be canceled.

Rew likes this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002