main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Sports and Coronavirus (aka the Rudy Gobert Appreciation Thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They are giving it four weeks to decide on having the games or not. My guess is less they will cancel them in less then half that time. Now the question is does the by law get changed to move it one year. I say yes. Or hope it does.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN was so desperate they made a deal with WWE to air past WrestleManias. WrestleMania 30 was broadcast earlier tonight.

Luke02 likes this.
  4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Wow. Pretty soon they’ll be airing marble races (which are actually entertaining).
    :)

One a different note, it will be truly disappointing if the NBA cancels the remaining season and we never get to see whether Lebron could take the Lakers to the Finals. Their season was headed in that direction. Taking a 3rd team from the doldrums to the championship round would solidify him as top 2 all time. Also, he was in the running for another MVP. Ugh!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Rew, Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Funny thing is I see both cardinals and especially blue jays just outside my window as I've been working from home.

dolphin and Juliet316 like this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    in response to the ****stick texas lt gov with the same name:

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    "To be fair, we say a lot of stupid things on the show, we just didn't say that"

Love it.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    National Cartel Against Americans

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    How about when it's all done we resume college sports, but never bring back the NCAA?

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    hopefully this is seen by everyone still talking about the mother****ing flu, or "only 1%":

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am very very happy the Olympics weren't canceled and they bypassed their stupid bylaws to just allow it to move to next year. I reaaaally hope we have treatments by then and are close to a vaccine. The Olympics could be a really great coming together of the world in a year.

Rew, Luke02, Runjedirun and 6 others like this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Agree 100%, I think cancelling would have just made everyone feel worse, especially the athletes who work and train so hard for the games. I know there are more important things going on right now but the Olympics always feel optimistic to me with everyone getting together and competing, these next ones really could help heal the world a bit after we all get through this current situation.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am the biggest fan of the Olympics. I truly feel like it's a time when the world really comes together and we get to see something peaceful that still lets you be proud of your country. I wish wars could be settled by the Olympics.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i think we'll see a lot of this, and already have - good on you, drew brees:

at every chance that i'm aware of, in crisis and not, has shown himself to be a good human.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It was weird a couple of weekends ago that there wasn't any sports to found on TV during the weekend, especially since it was suppose to be Selection Sunday for the NCAA tournament and then a few days later when the actually tournament was suppose to start. I turned on the TV and found that CBS was running tournament games from years ago. I thought I was watching ESPN Classics.

I was talking to a co-worker and she commented that how this coronavirus lock down is worse than 9/11 in certain ways. She mentioned that in the aftermath of 9/11 that people could come together and support each other and sports provided a distraction and a certain level of normalcy.

Rew and Luke02 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Drew Brees is one of the truly good ones.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Doris Burke has tested positive for Covid-19.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If you're a football fan, do NOT look to Kirk Herbstriet for comfort today. He seems to think there will be no fooball, college or NFL this year.

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    NO NOT DORIS

Hope Herbie is wrong but the way they're talking about a second phase in the fall doesn't sound promising. I honestly don't know what central Ohio will do without football.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    DarthTunick , dp4m and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Speaking of sports and coronavirus

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    On the contrary, I always feel the Olympics dangerously whitewashes the human rights abuses of authoritarian nations (especially if they are hosts) by normalizing those countries...in a game. If commentators were responsible enough to not allow that whitewashing, the Olympics could be a really meaningful driver of change. Instead, they just reinforce the status quo. Peace at any price is not a positive, IMO.

That said, I enjoy the heck out of watching them. :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.