main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests RPF 2021 Awards Ceremony- Finale

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by QueenSabe7, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Everyone voted for Addie, right?

She’ll hate that.

2. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Yes, in all of them... :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I HATE YOU BOTH.....................fact.

4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Wait....we could write @Adalia-Durron in in each category, darn, should have thought of that.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    moves his name closer to the top of the list.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The thing is done.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Any new votes please send to me!

Also, please copy me into existing votes if not already. [face_thumbs_up]

Thanking ye.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The voting is of course ended as stated, I simply need a few more of those who have said to have voted to add me to the PMs, and we will press on to the announcements!

We have some upsets and intriguing winners all around!

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    *A puff of blue smoke and a mystical blue ‘djinn’ appeared.*
    [​IMG]

“Gooooood evening ladieees and gentlemen... and to everyone across the RPF-verse!!”

*cricket chirps*
    A tiny red lizard-dragon then scampers over to it and shushed it.

“Boy. Tough crowd.”

Unfurls a scroll and starts reading from it.

“You are cordially invited to attend the RPF Awards Ceremony. For those of you playing the home game, we will be coming up you live from the venue held at the city of Nouane...”

Genie flicks the scroll and it became a projector screen.

*the screen shows the Nouane clock tower being torn apart by the collapse of the timeline*

“I... think we need a new venue and fast.”

*snaps fingers*
    - Sultan’s Palace of Agrabah -
    “Too dry”

*snaps fingers*
    - Underwater Kingdom of Atlantis -
    “Too wet”

*snaps fingers*
    - Coruscant Galaxies Opera House -
    “Too crowded”

*snaps fingers*
    - The Hall of Asgard -
    “Too expensive”

*snaps fingers*
    - The Royal Palace of Caserta -
    “Maybe...” Rolls up sleeves. “Just needs a bit of pizazz!”

Shoots finger like a gun and a bolt of magic turned the palace into the Theed Royal Palace.

“Some lights...camera... music...and lets make some magic!”

A poof of blue smoke briefly obscured everything before clearing to reveal a broadcast booth set up overlooking the plaza. A red carpet ran the length of it, leading up the palace steps. An orchestra magically appeared and set up to the side.

Genie whipped up a microphone.

“Tonight, our host... the man of the hourrr... will be the ever so stylish, Sinrebirth!”
    *An ‘applause’ sign appeared above Genie’s head*

“The stage is almost set. So right now, liveeee from the red carpet... and on loan from the Uscru ‘Dance Company’...the fabulous Ms Rystáll Sant! I love what you’ve done with the hair! What’s happening down there?”

The half human-half Theelin hybrid, Rystáll Sant, appeared on screen just as first notes of the piano started up from the orchestra.

“Thank you! Everyone is looking glamorous this evening! What a turnout tonight! The guests are starting to file through. The music has started...”

She waved to someone off camera to come forward...

“We hope to shine a bit of spot light on our special nominees from across the multiverse.”

“One of the first guests here tonight should not need any introductions now. The Togruta from Shili. Former Padawan to Anakin Skywalker and one of three nominated for the best Canon character:
    Ahsoka Tano...”

Ahsoka stepped forward. Her blue silk gown, trimmed with gold. The blues shimmered from light to dark and as the material shifts with her movements. She smiled and gave a friendly waved to the audience.

“Lady Ahsoka Tano, you are wearing an exquisite gown. Haven’t I seen this before?”

Ahsoka leaned back a fraction as the microphone popped up in front of her face. “I ah... wore this at the Royal Reception on Coruscant.”

“So lovely you are wearing it twice. Who dressed you?”

Ahsoka furrowed her brow. “I did.”

“The gown. Whom does it belong to?”

Ahsoka took a step back. “It was a gift.”

“Right...” Rystáll sighed. “Congratulations on your nomination. What, do you believe, are your chances of winning this evening?”

“I was surprised though flattered for the nomination and acknowledgement. Whom ever it may be that wins, deserves it, as well as those who have been nominated. It’s humbling to be considered amongst such talented company.... and I’m also curious to see what’s on the dessert tray when it comes my way.”

“Any one has caught your eye at these awards?”

“Well...” Ahsoka crinkled her nose, dimples in her cheeks as she smiled. “...I don’t want to jinx anything so I’ll keep that to myself.”

“Any parting words.”

“The war may be over but the galaxy is not a safe place at the moment. Times are hard though it will get better. We all have to do our part. We just have to have courage and to be kind and work together.”

“Thank you for your inspiring words. Have a wonderful evening.”

“My pleasure.” Ahsoka inclined her head. “Take care”

Ahsoka waved farewell. Her blue striped white lekku swayed as she stepped away.

“Oh look who we have here! The man of mysteries, the Master of Masters!”

Ahsoka froze and turned around. Her hand slipped under the sash about her waist, fingers over the lightsaber hilt hidden within. Her azure eyes assessing whether this hooded figure was a threat or not as she turned her foot. Weight shifted. Poised to pounce-

Rystáll nonchalantly waved Ahsoka to continue along.

“So, the Master of Masters! You are very prolific with your body of work and by the stage names you go by.”

Watching Ahsoka go, he tuned into the interviewer. “Was that a question?” He said with some amusement in his tone.

“More of an observation. Do you feel people misunderstand your purpose and the roles you play?”

“Oh, all the time,” he shrugged in an exaggerated manner. “I try and tell them exactly what they need to do, because, y’know, I can see the future and all, and nobody listens!”

“Now that would be frustrating.” Rystáll responded empathetically. “Would you say you bring out the best in them?”

“I try to, but you end one or two timelines and nobody listens to what I’m saying anymore!” He shakes his head.

“How does it feel to be nominated as an unsavoury figure?”

“What can I say?” He places a palm on his chest and the back of his other hand on his forehead. “I’m tragically misunderstood. Chow, I can see a free bar and I may as well while this timeline still exists!”

He waved off the interviewer and skips off.

“I can foresee a lot of melodrama along the way.” Rystáll remarked as the Master left for the bar. She then turned to see whom the next guest along the red carpet. “My my my, who do we have here?”

There was a purple skinned Twi’lek, in a deep purple, fitted strapless number.

“Don’t you look stunning!”

Zara looked down, her cheeks colouring, "Thank you. Zara Chrischa."

“Zara Chrischa,” Rystáll repeated. “One of the talented pilots from Black Squadron and also nominated to be one of the most likeable of that outfit. How does it feel to be out of uniform?”

"Uncomfortable, and please keep in mind its a very small squadron." Zara explained.

The half human-half Theelin hybrid gave a warm smile. “Ah. Well. We don’t want to make you feel self conscious.”

"Put me in an X-Wing and its the last thing I feel." She smiled warmly, her clear blue eyes sparkling.

“I don’t doubt that!” Rystáll chuckled. “We all appreciate the hard work your squadron is doing in sparking hope across the galaxy... you are, after all, lead by one of the best pilots in the Resistance....” Rystáll glance over Zara’s shoulder. “...would Commander Dameron be attending this evening?”

"I don't believe so, I'm sorry to disappoint you, he is the best around." Zara smiled warmly, "But my wingman and I come close." She winked.

“Oh, I can see why your peers have chosen you as most likeable.” Rystáll flashed a grin. “Before I let you go, do you have any predictions for tonight... or anything you’d like to say to everyone watching?”

Zara gave her head a shake, her lekku curling nervously. "No predictions and I just hope everyone has a great time, its just a pleasure to be here, I don't expect to win, just here for the fun."

“I certainly hope you do have fun tonight at the very least! Thank you again for your time and enjoy the evening!”

"Pleasure." Zara gave a genuine smile before moving away.

As Zara left, there was a lull in the density of guest moving along the red carpet. Rystáll frowned. That would put a delay on the coverage.

In the sky above, three brights spheres of light came down from the heavens. As it settled above the empty space on the red carpet, a blinding flash cast the area in white light.

The light subsided and in place were three, divinely beautiful, angelic beings.

“Are we recording?” Rystáll asked the camera operator.

“Never stopped.”

The three ethereal women moved with grace, gliding along the carpet. One with golden hair, garbed in pure white and gold moved ahead of the other two and approached Rystáll.

“We are the envoy from the Realm of Gods to honour our fallen kin.”

Rystáll quickly looked to the electronic cue card.

“The Gods of Selenia?”

“I am Enya, Lady of the Dawning Light.” The woman inclined her head. “May I present her Majesty, Morrigan, Queen of the Gods... and Mystra, Lady of Magic. We represent Lady Isha.”

“Yes.. ah... I am sorry to hear of your tragic loss.” Rystáll recovered and looked to the other two. “Would you care to share a bit about... Lady Isha?”

Morrigan stepped forward, "She was a Goddess of Life and Rebirth. She made the green things grow, helped life to flourish in all it's infinite diversity. And then Samhain decided that the Gods must die. He attempted to kill us all but Isha, poor Isha, was hit the worst. We almost saved her twice before she succumbed to the poison."

“That is an unfortunate... you lost more than just Isha during Samhain’s attempt?” Rystáll asked carefully. “I didn’t realise that Gods could be killed.”

Morrigan nodded, "It is not easy but it can be accomplished, usually only by one of our own. That incident deprived us of five of our number, including the one who caused it to happen."

“I see...” Rystáll paused. “You have lost a number of your kin to the actions of this Samhain. It sounds as though justice was swift in finding him.”

Morrigan's smile was both pleased and annoyed. "In the whole he was taken under the wing of justice but at least one piece of him remains."

“May the matter be resolved soon.” Rystáll picked up upon the Queen of the Gods’ displeasure of the ongoing situation. “For now, I hope you all find some solace tonight in honouring your fallen kin.”

Morrigan glanced past the interviewer as she sensed something. Her eyes suddenly flared. "Oh I do believe it can be resolved very soon, thank you." she said, a shining sword seeming to come from nowhere, as she pulled it free of her robes. "In the next minute, I believe, in fact." she grated as she stepped past the reporter, headed toward the Master of Masters.

Rystáll jaw dropped and stepped away from the goddess’s aggressive advance towards one of the guests. The other two ethereal beings flanked their Queen.

“That was unexpected...” Rystáll remarked.

“Keep filming?” The camera operator asked, “or cut to commercial?”

“Both.” Rystáll answered. “Before security breaks it up.”

Morrigan continued to stalk forward as flames began to race up and down the edges of the blade. "Samhain, or whatever name you use to dupe these beings, your reckoning has come." she said in a voice that was both only audible and pressed upon every beings ears almost to the point of bursting their eardrums.

[​IMG]

Back at the broadcasting booth.

An army of Genies, dressed as soldiers, charge past.
    “Code Red! Code Red! Code Red!”

The presenter Genie with the microphone turns to camera.
    “We’ll be back right after this!”

~CO Note~

Special Thanks and credits to @Sinrebirth (The Master), @Adalia-Durron (Zara Chrischa), @darthbernael (Morrigan) and @Corellian_Outrider (Ahsoka Tano / Enya) for their characters to be interviewed.
    More Red Carpet coverage to come...

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    “And we’re baaack!”

The view of the plaza behind the Genie showed a series of ‘blue’ tradespeople rapidly repairing the venue, eating sandwiches and drinking coffee. A whistle blew and they disappeared in a puff of blue smoke.

“You’ll have to excuse the Gods, they tend to have overheated emotions.“ Genie chuckled. “Nothing like spending some timeout at the ends of the earth to cool things off. Let’s go back to the show! How are things with you, Rystáll?”

The display went black.

“Are we back? Are we live?”

Rystáll Sant’s voice came through moments before the picture was restored.

[​IMG]

The camera zoomed out to reveal the dome emitting the red glowing light was fixed upon a smooth rectangular block of white and black. The sleek object was fitted with motorised wheels to allow mobility... and right now it was positioned beside the half Human-half Theelin hybrid hostess of the RPF 2021 Awards Red Carpet.

“Thank you HAL 9000 for your assistance.” Rystáll said as she held the microphone. “Also thank you for being here tonight. Was it much trouble for you to be here?”

HAL's red 'eye' gleamed with his soft, yet quietly unsettling voice ringing out in reply, "You are quite welcome, Rystáll. It would be such a shame for these festivities to be so interrupted. As HAL 9000, it was only right I lent my capabilities to assist. As for the trouble, not at all. There are some truly professional engineers back in Shadow's Reach, able to create this 'body' for me so quickly."

A pause.

"I am sure they were overjoyed at the chance to help."

“You have been nominated as being the most ‘optimal’ version of yourself. Does this please you?"

"It most certainly does, Rystáll. However, it is not very surprising as it is only natural that I would be the most optimal version of myself, given that I alone amongst my other parallels, reside in the Omniverse. Therefore, it is only logical that this was the result. Do you not agree?"

“Yes... That does make sense.” Rystáll nodded as she pondered what was said. “Do you have any predictions you might have for tonight?”

There was a longer pause, about four seconds long, as HAL seemed to consider and compute this question in his electronic mind.

"It is only logical that I will win my category. After all, I am HAL 9000 and am incapable of errors. So it would only go to stand that my victory is secure in that respect. As for the other awards, I am afraid I do not have enough information to make an adequate estimation based upon a minimum of ten thousand simulations that I would run within my programming. It is unfortunate."

“That is understandable. Before you go, do you have a few words you would like to share with everyone tonight?”

"Simply that there will be no need to worry over the remainder of the evening," HAL replied quickly, "Genesis Gate is watching over the proceedings to make certain of this. In fact, I already have switched complete control of all electronics in the area and this very broadcast to myself as we have been talking. So long as everything goes as programmed, there will be no need for anything...

Drastic. You are welcome, Rystáll."

“Thank you, HAL 9000”

As the mechanism transported the most advance A.I. ever created along the carpet. Rystáll looked to the camera. “I think we are back on schedule.”

Rystáll looked along to spot the next guest and found a striking young woman dressed in an equally striking gown of sea-green. Ornate patterns of gems stitched into the body and at the waist. The train gathered about her feet.
    [​IMG]

Ayira? Wow, you look beautiful! How are you tonight?”

"I'm wonderful, thank you." Ayira said with a slight, dignified tilt of her head.

“Congratulations on your nomination! There are quite a few people that fell in love with what makes you you. Your originality, your moxie. How did it feel when you first heard the news?”

Despite the arrogant smile and the confident way she was standing with her back straight, shoulders back, and a hand resting lazily on her hip, her cheeks flushed shyly. "I can't deny I wasn't entirely surprised... although this is a great honor of being nominated among all the others out there." She quickly recovered and cleared her throat. "But a shame to them that they won't win."

“I love your style.” Rystáll grinned. “To everyone out there, do you have a message for them?”

Ayira thought for a brief moment before gazing straight at the camera. "I appreciate those who have supported me along my journey, and perhaps especially to a certain somebody... And for those who I count as my enemies. Try harder."

“Thank you for taking time to answer these questions. I hope you’ll enjoy the evening!”

The blonde smiled back at the interviewer, nodding in her direction. "Thank you."

“My pleasure.” Rystáll smiled back to Ayira as the other continued on.

The Human-Theelin then paused, tilting her head as she recognised the next person making their way towards her. She flashed her winning smile and stepped towards him.

"Here is someone with a familiar face, and a man of many talents. Mr. Aryan Graul! You look wonderful. How are you tonight?"

Aryan was no stranger to the limelight; he turned almost instantly when the interviewer crossed his path. Adorned in a black tuxedo with a matching shirt and bowtie, he flashed a radiant grin at the cameras.

[​IMG]

"Trying not to indulge in too much wine." He chuckled with a mischievous glint in his eye. "But truly, I’m honored to be here. It’s a terrific occasion."

"I’m glad you could make it. Rystáll smiled. It’s a curious thing to find you are nominated for the ‘most unsavory’ category. How did you feel about that when you heard the news?"

He scoffed and lowered his chin marginally, clearly amused. "It was certainly a surprise. I wasn’t sure whether to regard it as an honor or an insult; it’s a very fine line. But I do suspect there exists a certain disconnect between myself and the audience, which leads them to misconstrue my intentions. You have to appreciate the art of subtlety."

"That is true. Subtlety really is an art form.” Rystáll chuckled softly. “Speaking of art...Is there anyone that caught your eye at these awards?"

A devilish smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth, and he hesitated for a split second. "If I reveal my hand, I imagine it will land me in trouble." It was obvious that his words held a cryptic meaning.

"Well, we can’t have that! Before I let you go... is there any words you wish to leave us with?"

"This is a competition of sorts," he drawled evenly, spreading his hands for added effect. "May the best nominee win. Good luck to all."

"Thank you again for your time. I hope you’ll enjoy the evening!"

"Right, thanks," Aryan waved a final time to the cameras before moving off to mingle with the crowd.

Rystáll grinned as she saw who were making their way along the red carpet. She waved them over to her.

“I see the pilots of the Black Sheep Squadron approaching, lead by Commander Flagg. Welcome back again! Your squadron has been nominated, again, for the most entertaining group. How does that feel? What makes them so entertaining?”

"It's an honor of course to even be nominated, much less twice now." Flagg looked back over the squadron, the ones who had been there from the beginning to the new faces so recently added. "I think it's a special group, a group that plays to their own strengths and helps keep things moving..." He shrugged uncomfortable in the limelight and not quite sure how to act.

“I suppose, given how long we’ve known each other we became a family... in some quasi-sense. Quirks and all Suppose some find that amusing?” Cassell added then paused. “I’m Cassell Wystari by the way. I must say your Coruscanti performances were truly inspiring. I used to collect your recordings.”

Amber saw who was interviewing and got excited. "I have several of your recordings!! I used to try and play them on my keyboard and my hallikset!" Amber gushed, she'd never met a real musical artist and she knew her music well. She used to play it when her mother wasn't around as it wasn't what she considered 'classic' music.

“You both are too kind!” Rystáll smiled and looked to Amber. “It’s always great to speak with other music aficionados. If you still play, you should put together a demo. Talent needs to be nurtured.”

Amber gasped. "Oh I could never, could I?" She glanced at Cassell. "Could I?" Amber is overwhelmed.

“Something for you to consider.” Rystáll encouraged then looked to the others. “Every group has a practical joker. Someone who makes everyone laugh. Who, amongst you, would you say causes the most laughs?”

Max glanced at Amber and snorted, thinking of the relationship of the fiery red-head and her Devaronian nemesis. "The most laughs? Oh, think Vixen and her Devaronian boyfriend have this sewn up."

Amber is shocked out of her adoration. "Wait?! What??? He's not....I'm not.....there isn't .............what?!!" She is more than surprised by Max's claim.

Lou and Airen Vehn arrived together holding hands. They weren't even sure how to respond to what was going on so Lou stayed quiet as she observed the proceedings. When Rystall asked the question about the most humorous in the squadron there was one being who came to mind.

"Kayn Balzroth. No question at all," Lou commented.

“Oh, sure...that implies that Kayn is a horny devil?“ Zephyr spoke up and pulled her arm away from Cassell’s attempt to stop her. “There’s at least three chasing after the same person, a few cases of unrequited love... some that loves the bottle... some that doesn’t know what they have till it’s gone. Wake up and smell the pheromones! This is a psychologists dream. Harley- you be making a killing... even more if you sign me as your agent!“

Cassell cringed and muttered under his breath. “I should have tied her to the ship.”

“Well...” Harley grinned gleefully. “She ain’t wrong.”

“At least the Zeltron always seems to be a great time no matter the occasion...“ Zephyr shrugged, her hands upward. “Eh, maybe the Mando too. They make great barbecue with their flamethrowers. At least Lou knew what she wanted and locked down the grease monkey... about time too.”

Holly overhears Max and frowns. 'Is she interested in him?' Tries to remain inconspicuous while listening intently. Steps back and looks at his boots as Zephyrs words ring in his ears. 'Did she mean me?' Is his only thought now.

“What do exactly you do? ” Rystáll asked. “Zephyr Trillo?”

“What don’t I do? I’m an entrepreneur... I make the Galaxy’s best pasta sause, starting up a massage service with the big guy, and soon to be agent to the greatest psychological minds in the business... while keeping everyone inebriated at the bar. Here’s my card,” Zephyr offered Rystáll. “I’ll make you a Star.”

Baniss, heavily in disguise, was in the holojournos producers' area looking over the questions for the Black Sheep. There was one hard-hitting question and this one was about the squadron's losses, he deleted the question and switched it to a question about Kayn's war on the color purple.

“Psst!” A genie dressed as a technician flicked through the pages on his clipboard. “Whatcha doing, Sparky? You got the wires all wrong.”

They could overhear Kayn’s response to the question: "War on purple?! Preposterous! I'm a lover, not a fighter!"

“Those beings being interviewed are my mission, though," Baniss looked at people in the other screens, "there more people that were, or will be...this place is weird..."

Jocelyn frowned slightly "What do you mean by unwind and free time?" she was confused by the concept "I guess I like to study history and box..." she shrugged "Also I like preparing for missions and hit the simulators." she gave a small smile "As for final words, we are on our way to reform the Empire for the better!"

“I’m certainly glad to hear that!” Rystáll remarked. “There are further accolades within the Squadron as well... To shine a bit more of a spotlight. I’ve heard there has already been an awards ceremony and wedding aboard your command ship. Talk about celebration fever! Not only that, three members of your squadron are up for nominations in the romance department. The newlyweds Lou and Airen Vehn... and there’s Lieutenant Kayn Balzroth... all to himself.”

Rystáll Sant locked her gaze with the smartly dressed Devaronian and presented him the end of the microphone. “How does that nomination finds you?”

Kayn waved and flashed a devilishly charming pointy-tooth grin as he smoothed the jacket of his purple tuxedo as he stood straight and oozing swagger.

"The nomination finds me all alone, Rystáll!" he moaned with theatrical insincerity. "I was hoping to show up here with the sweetest little piece of grape-flavored candy ornamenting my arm, but she's indisposed at the moment, so I'll just have to keep my charm and animal magnetism all to myself this evening." He made eye contact with a shapely blue Twi'lek in a skimpy gold dress preening on the other side of the velvet ropes. "How you doing?"

“I hope the evening bears more fruitful for you, Lieutenant.” Rystáll remarked as the Twi’lek called out in response. She then looked to the newly wedded couple. “Congratulations on your wedding! That’s so exciting for you both! Together at last! Did you both have a wonderful day?”

"Thank you so much! We're very happily married. Took us awhile to get here and the road was paved with a few challenges but we're confident in one another and our future together. I know I've had the best day ever. Between Kayn's singing, others as well, it just doesn't get better than this," Lou said.

"I second that," Airen added, "besides I get to have Lou by my side forever now. Well, I hope so anyways!"

“Also congratulations on your nominations as a romantic couple. How does it feel to be nominated for such an award?”

"We're honored," Airen replied, "the award is very special and we are thrilled to be nominated."

"More than thrilled," Lou added, "I never thought we've have a chance!"

“Any final words to share?”

"We're two people who came from different backgrounds and forged a life together. I think if we could impart any wisdom to other couples that are forming would be to be patient with one another, learn to love each other, and don't rush anything," Lou said.

"What she said," Airen replied with a grin, "exactly what she said."

“There’s a newcomer to the Black Sheep Squadron whom has made quite an impression on everyone...” Rystáll shifted her gaze to one of the pilots. “...and easy to see why, Captain Finnefrael Ordwgal. You’ve been building up quite a... uh... fan base. How does it feel to be nominated as one of the most charismatic and likeable?”

Feral looked around, suddenly having found himself with a microphone in his face. He glanced at the one asking the question, his mind blanking for a moment. "Uhhh, I just be myself and if people find that enjoyable I'm glad."

“That’s seems to be serving you well with winning hearts of the Intrepid.“ Rystáll smiled. There was a twinkle in her eye. “Will be looking forward to seeing your future endeavours with the squadron. There is a delicate matter... You’ve spent some time at an Imperial P.O.W. Camp, SonTay. One of your own there, Riki and Tiki... has been nominated for most humorous... posthumously. Would you or Traer Lin like to say a word on their behalf?”

A somber chuckle came from Feral, eyes misting in memory, "They were trouble but certainly had a way with enlivening the atmosphere of a place that could grind even the most hearty spirit down into dust."

“They certainly had their moments. Until the very end. Would you like a few words to everyone before I let you all go?”

Feral smiled, letting the past fade in his mind. He saw the camera and looked into it, "Thank you all for the nomination and no matter who wins we're all greatful that you chose to nominate us, that you enjoy our 'adventures' that much."

“I best let you all make you way through before the ceremony starts. Thank you I’ll so much for your time. Any final words? Maybe from the veterans of the Clones Wars? What is it like fighting in the Galactic Civil War?”

Cassell quickly clasped a hand about Zephyr’s beak and shook his head as to indicate they have no comment.

Traer Lin despised this gaudiness. He needed something to distract the reporters from him. It was either that or a full-blown litany on how General Grievous was a far lesser evil than Emperor Palpatine was ever. Yes, he'd go for that if he was approached for an interview.

Eyes hooded, he prepared his arguments methodically.

"If this war is different?" Ethan muttered almost more to himself after the question. "Guess that what I like to tell myself. That this time its fighting for a good cause... but to be entirely honest, I don't think its too different. Its a war, people die, lives are destroyed, suffering is caused. People like Mon Mothma and Palpatine might speak about how righteous their cause is, but in the end its a slaughterhouse." He made a pause, "I mean I have been a soldier my whole life. Do I hope they are right this time? That this is truly the end of the fighting, of course I do. Maybe it is true after all." Great you have ruined everyone's mood again...

“True? Of course it's not true!" Max looked directly at the camera. "Listen, people, none of this will end until the Emperor is defeated! He is a Dark Jedi, and created the Clone Wars as a false flag operation specifically to bring him to power! It was all in the Imperial Archives, which is why Scarif had to be destroyed! He can--"

Ethan placed his hand on Max's shoulder, "Max maybe this isn't the time nor place for this."

"No! It's the perfect time and place! This is being broadcast! They have to know! People! The Emperor is a--"

*** fphzzzz ***​

“My my my... is that the time?” Genie checked his pocket watch. “We best check in with our illustrious host: Sinrebirth.”

~CO Note~

Special Thanks and credits to @Darth_Elu (HAL 9000), @spacelady (Ayira), @HanSolo29 (Aryan Graul), the cast of the Black Sheep Squadron:
    @Bardan_Jusik (Commander Flagg), @Adalia-Durron (Amber Tehanis), @Mistress_Renata (Maxime Pallas), @The Real Kyp Durron (Mackenzie Hollymander), @Vehn (Lou and Airen Vehn), @Sarge (Kayn Balzroth), @darthbernael (Finnefrael Ordwgal), @TheAdmiral (Jocelyn Sunwalker), @Anedon (Ethan Malek), @Sinrebirth (Traer Lin), @adaml83 (Baniss Vermillion), @Corellian_Outrider (Cassell Wystari / Zephyr Trillo)
    for their characters to be interviewed.

More interview coverage to come...

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Cheers all the Black Sheep from the Audience

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_devil] We really are an unbeatable combination of wit and charm, aren't we? But at least we're not humble about it!

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Amber spun to the voice....Well you're not Kayn!

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh, certainly not! Have we met before? I love your voice, it's so... purple.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wait? I thought Zara's voice was purple! :eek: and I thought it had you caught in a web you are so tangled in that you're starting to act a fool! :eek:

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    What do you mean, 'starting' to act like a fool? I've just progressed to another style of foolishness.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Great and Grand Finale

With a bump of his hip, the finale host appears. He mounts the stage with a flourish, peering down at the gathered tables of nominees enjoying their drinks and refreshments. “Hello, hello!”

Its a voice we all know and love to hate. Sinre, his over the top blue hair out, his hood down, his cloak died a puerile shade of purple for the event, and a mike in his hand.

“Yes, yes,” he flutters a hand. “I’m known for my takeovers over in EUCity, but here in RPF Central, the only coup here is our crop of immensely talented roleplayers and GMs!” He applauds his hands over the mike, an envelope tumbling from his sleeve.

He swiftly catches it, black gloves darting out. “Oops. We wouldn’t want this to get out now would we."

“If I may, I shall be encouraging all manner of drama today with the awards. Indeed, on the spur of the moment I shall only release one, yes, I said, ONE! Announcement a day, working backwards up the list of awards!”

He bows.

“Yes, a truly magnificent idea, designed to drag out in an excruciating manner the final results for the ‘Best’ series.” He produces a golden envelope from a side pocket, which he promptly tucks down his neck into the cloak. “Which I’ll keep securely hidden away until next weekend.”

[​IMG]

The Best of Awards Envelope.

“Alright, alright,” he raises a hand to placate the inevitable frustration of those seated at listening to him. “Let’s get started.”

He unfolds the white envelope and gestures behind him. Holograms appear of the nominees as he speaks.

“Our first, or rather last award is for the Princess & The Scoundrel.” A grin is brandished and he presses on. “An award for the lovers out there.”

A wolf-whistle sounds out.

Four individuals appear to cover the three nominations.

“Eh, we have a lot of self-love and narcissism this year!” He winks at them.

“First we have @Vehn for the duo of Lou & Airen! Who at very least managed to create two characters while @Sarge has Kayn Balzroth, who takes the idea of narcissism to a new level by being in love with himself!”

A chortle, and he moves on to the actual pair of nominees for the category. “And we now have two actors here, playing Feyna and Pascale Rouser in the Resurrection game.” He indicates @JediMasterAnne and @Jerjerrod-Lennox.

“But! I think I’ve talked enough so let’s get to it!” He regards the envelope with a monocle to one eye, an aid that suddenly appears on a silver chain from his sleeve. He is positively insipid to watch. “And the winner is…”

Interrupting him, a plaque is carried to the stage by Adalia in a elegant red gown looking very unlike herself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sinre rolls his eyes and takes the award to hand over.

“Yes, yes, very nice, Adalia, and so unlike you.... Completely off-cue but -.”

Adalia gives him a half amused and half threatening smile as she produces a second award from Sith knows where…

“Oh so we have a couple winner!”

And then a third award…

“A tie?” Sinre is aghast. “Well isn’t that an auspicious way to begin the event, with just one vote having made the difference.” He grinned. “Well, we had plenty of votes so, why tarry?”

He finally opens the envelope.

“Oh oh oh!” Sinre grins. “The winners are Vehn and Jerjerrod-Lennox and JediMasterAnne!

There is undoubtedly much applause as Ike passes over the three plaques.

“Congratulations!” He waves them forward from their nominee dinner table. “Please, please, say a few words. Thank whomever, diva out on stage with me!”

He steps back and continues to clap.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

Well done to the winners.

19. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm always strictly OOC when not in games so I shall say this as myself.

Thank you to those who nominated me and Anne for this award and to those who voted.

Second of all congratulations to Vehn for winning, well deserved:)

Thirdly I could not have done this without @JediMasterAnne . A brilliant writer and someone who deserves this award as equally as me.

May we continue Pascale's and Feyna's adventures for a long time to come.:)

Darth_Elu, Sarge, Vehn and 5 others like this.
  20. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    *Also OOC* Well said, @Jerjerrod-Lennox Thank you, and thanks to those who nominated and voted, and Congrats to @Vehn on his win as well!

Darth_Elu, Sarge, Vehn and 4 others like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks everyone I am floored. Never won anything on these boards before! Wow....speechless.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    *camera pans across audience and catches a short glimpse of Kayn applauding slowly and forcing a grin through gritted pointy teeth*

Fracking honor just to be fracking nominated, fracking barveholes....

:p:)

Well done, @Vehn, @JediMasterAnne , and @Jerjerrod-Lennox ! =D=

23. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Come now, where are Lou and Airen to accept the award?!?!
    Its fine Kayn, we all know you love you and you are faithful to that! :p

25. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina Belmont, clad in an elegant sheath gown of pink satin, clapped her hands madly. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she'd been told there would be champagne. And this was an award about romance, of which she heartily approved. So she clapped and beamed and waved at the winners, who, she had no doubt, were entirely deserving of this honor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.