main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series [srs bsns] Does Ahsoka Survive?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The Shadow Emperor, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Is Ahsoka alive?

1. Yes

64.4%
  2. Of course

44.4%
  3. Affirmative

44.4%
  4. Indeed

40.0%
  5. Certainly

40.0%
  6. Sure is

37.8%
  7. Yep

40.0%
  8. Absolutely

40.0%
  9. Indubitably

44.4%
  10. Amen

37.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other. Grievous was supposed to die in ROTS, not in TCW. Of course he had to escape whenever he was cornered.

2. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    No one ever dies. They just become one with the force.

3. Sith_Kingpin

Sith_Kingpin Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    My point wasn't about Grievous escaping all the time, it was about how they radically altered his character from Clone Wars mini-series and other EU sources to TCW; they butchered his persona and fighting abilities. I don't want Vader's strength to be decreased and rendered a joke like that. If every time he fights it's a close call where he barely wins or needs to flee, it isn't apt to the SW canon where Vader is a nigh-unbeatable hound doing the Emperor's bidding unimpeded.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The problem with giving characters like Grievous and Vader an almost OP-like quality is that it's at the expense of every other character, including Jedi; which is unfair. Grievous was NOT a force sensitive being; which means that even a Padawan like younger Ahsoka still had an advantage over him. And I'm sorry, but I don't see how Vader's strength was diminished just because Ahsoka at this point in the game could give him a run for his money. He taught her just about everything he knew at one point.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Mildly ironic. Replace Grievous and Vader in that first sentence with Ahsoka and you have one of her detractor's main arguments against her.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Remind me again when Ahsoka was pitted against a Jedi-like character.

7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Barriss?

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah, and they were pretty evenly matched. It wasn't like Ahsoka was OP; nor should she have been. Barriss was possessed, anyway.

9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    ... Which, of course, highlights the grand disparity between Force-Sensitives and those without such gifts. of course Ahsoka is OP against battle droids and Mandalorians. Ventless is OP against clone troopers. Ep III Anakin is OP against politicians and children. That argument against Ahsoka is therefore, to me at least, invalid. She hasn't been shown battling other Force sensitives much; and that we've seen has been mostly from Rebels, when her skills should be decent.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I meant more in general, not specifically Jedi.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Her skills should be more than just decent at this point. Until the novel comes out later in the year, we don't know exactly what Ahsoka had been doing in the years leading up to her joining the rebellion; aside from that siege on Mandalore. Ventress might have been OP against the clones; but she could still put up a good fight against force users like the Jedi and even Dooku.

So she's OP against non-force users. What's the big deal about that? She's the Chosen One's Padawan. If people in here want to argue that Vader needs to be near omnipotent because that's just who he is, they can't turn around and suggest that his Padawan couldn't hold her own in fights. That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't ask me, ask the detractors. ;)

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought you were one of them. Who put up that Ahsoka banner in the first place?

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I've come around to her. I still have issues with her, but she's cool in my book.

And I made that banner and put it there. I realize it looks half-assed, but hey- you try making a banner out of nowhere at 2 am. :p

Trebor Sabreon and rumblewagon like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You can't convince me that the banner wasn't initially put up as an April Fool's joke; that sparked all those Ahsoka-related threads the other day. If I were a mod, I might've put up such a banner for either Jar Jar or Hayden Christensen.

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    How you choose to interpret an April Fools joke is up to you.

But whatever. This thread was never meant for serious discussion anyway. Let's all just have a little fun. :)

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why does this poll not have a "Definitively alive beyond any possible shadow of a doubt" choice?!

18. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Gravitas, that is how Ahsoka survives.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Soon as Ezra said, "I need more training", I knew for certain that Ahsoka was not gonna die. I always felt it a long shot to kill off Ahsoka for reasons I've expressed here for a while.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I view the visual as either she's descending into the netherworld of the Force and she died or she's officially given up on all this Part Time Jedi Business and is simply venturing deeper into the temple to meditate and, hopefully, overcome the darkness in the temple (and inside of her). Not that I'm saying Ahsoka shows a whole lot of darkness in that episode but a throwdown with Vader probably messed her up in more ways than one so she needs some alone time. Which is fairly treacherous since her alone time is in an evil Sith temple.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  21. LibjoNorec

LibjoNorec Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    I think it's symbolic. As we see Vader limping away, battered and bruised, there is a owl quietly watching. It's a Shakespeare thing:

" 'In Renaissance England the hoot of an owl flying over one's house was an evil omen, and meant impending death for someone inside. Shakespeare refers to the owl as the "fatal bellman" because it was the bellman's job to ring the parish bell when a person in the town was near death. "This was called the passing bell, and was a signal for all hearers to pray for the dying person. After the death, there would be one short peal [chime]; from its sound the hearers could tell whether the deceased was male or female" ' "

Then the owl goes into the fog and suddenly we see 'Ahsoka' walking deep into the Sith Temple, into the shadows. 'Beyond the veil'. She is definitely dead IMO.

Also, I bet that owl is one of those Force beings from Yoda's arc in TCW, keeping tabs on the Chosen One.

whostheBossk and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If Malachor is a representation of Hell and its associated with it in SW, then no Ahsoka is not dead. The owl was in Ahsoka's episode with the Predators, I mean Trandoshans. When Ahsoka got hunted & kidnapped by the Trandoshans. So that’s where you would first see those types of birds. And no she did not die in it either. The owl symbolism is more an Athena and Greco-Roman thing. I don't think her descending into the Sith temple means she died as that could only mean she's going to hell, that would not make any sense for Ahsoka even if one was to think there was a kinda purgatory. Ahsoka, Kenobi and Anakin were all supposed to be on Mortis, which means she had a greater part to play and there is a level of divinity involved.

Ahsoka can read the ancient tongue, whatever that is, but it means also that she can understand the writing in the ancient temples and ruins much like Maul could. Ahsoka was also described as a kinda Gandalf and Tomb Raider back after her Season One debut. The Force guides Ezra's hand to unlock the trapdoor that sent them all falling, so the Dark Side I think was talking to Ezra there. She could simply have went to learn knowledge on how to destroy the Sith, if such knowledge exists, or to go get a Tie Advanced to fly off that rock.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The way I see it, if they really wanted to just kill off Ahsoka, they'd have done so. This leaves the door open should anyone want to pick up from there. What's wrong with that?

I could think of something far worse; how about a character getting literally SPLIT IN HALF ON SCREEN, only to come back and be alive and well only a few years later.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Gogeta630

Gogeta630 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2016
    There are some possible plot lines and facts that I'd like to mention. Although I admit that it's just conjecture on my part, some of these things would make for interesting plot points.

Towards the end of TCW series Yoda visits Moraband and is visited by the spiritual being of Darth Bane whom created the Sith rule of two which was meant to pave the way for the Sith to be somewhat everlasting and survive extinction. Is it possible that Yoda, facing the eradication of the Jedi, adopted these same tactics? Was it not him that told Obi-wan that they must go into hiding and wait? Was it not Yoda that sent the Rebels team to Malachor? Why? Was it really so Ezra could nab a Sith holocron? Or was he essentially sending Ahsoka to hide in a place that is strong with the dark side just as he has done on Dagobah. Remember, Yoda only told them that they must know their enemy. Was that a subtle message to Ahsoka that she must remain on Malachor meditating/learning at a Sith temple and wait for her destiny while a master (Kanan) and apprentice (Ezra) play out their own destiny? When Yoda spoke to Obi-wan of another hope against the dark side if Luke failed was he talking about Ahsoka? Obi-wan would already know of Leia so she may not have been the one he was referring to and Obi-wan would not have known of Ahsoka's existence. Getting back to the rule of two and Yoda's possible adoption of it and the chance there's other Jedi or former Jedi in hiding through episodes 4-9. I think Rebels takes place 5 years before A New Hope so obviously something will happen with Kanan and Ezra which will then lead into Luke Skywalker starting his training as a Jedi under master Obi-wan. When Kenobi dies, Luke then becomes the apprentice under Yoda. Then Yoda dies and Luke turns his father away from the dark side and destroys the emporer. Luke then goes off to possibly attempt to create a new Jedi order and that's where events start to happen for episode 7. But for a long while it appears that Yoda is quietly manipulating and evoking a quasi rule of two.

One final observation, doesn't Ahsoka essentially represent the balance in the force as she has turned away from both the Sith and the Jedi Order?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's an interesting observation overall. While Obi-wan doesn't necessarily know that Ahsoka is alive at that point; neither does he know if she's dead. He knows about the Skywalker twins of course, but since landing on Tattoine with baby Luke; did he have any contact with anyone in the fledgling rebellion; much less leftover Jedi? He otherwise would have no idea how Leia would be brought up on Alderaan.