main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon sssllllooowwwww opener at the fair

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, Aug 27, 2011.

1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Man my wife to be (70 days!!!!) and I went to the fair last night (opening day), we expected a huge turn out..... I think some higher ups forgot to get the memo out that the fair has begun lol. There were maybe 500 people there.... no seriously!!! we were pretty shocked, and get this we actually had a pretty good laugh at this, they had a convenience shuttle (a guy on a bike hauling a wagon behind him) taking you from the parking to the gate.... free mind you "tips are welcome" well we whispered to eachother, neither of us had small bills so we felt bad cause we wanted to tip the guy.... as we were thanking him for the lift and walking away.... feeling bad mind you... he quite rudely says..."so...uhhhh, you guys got a couple bucks or what???" we started laughing explaining we were just talking about that and we only have a five and up. he says "oh well i can make change" well Im kinda takin back at the fact that this guy was so demanding, IT WAS A COUPLE BLOCKS!!!!! we woulda totally walked it, and let me not fail to mention there was a closer gate we woulda went to had he not givin us the ride!!! well i woulda had a few words for the guy lucky for him my better half was there lol. I woulda told him to take me back to my car so i can walk, like i woulda, had I known he was gunna demand a tip!!!
    ANY WAYS!!!! we figured it woulda picked up but no not at all, it was a very slow day. we both agreed that it was a very strange fair experience, I dont think ive ever been there with so little people, but we did get a free scone!!! lol and we had a deep fried twinkie for the first time...over rated!!! were gunna do a deep fried snickers next time!

2. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    I heard it picked up later on. I have yet to attend a Stateor County fair. does that make me ghey?

3. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    gehy??? i like how you made that PC lol!!!! im gunna keep that one and use it if you dont mind ;) lol. no I think we all know what makes us.... never mind... well it was pretty cool to be there with hardly any people except for the fact that we go places simply to people watch!!! but we made up for it, we live next door to walmart [face_laugh] if you get a chance you should go, its fun to just go and eat, eat and eat some more lol

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I haven't been to the State Fair in years.

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    *cough*

Country Fair

*cough*

Shrewsbury Ren Faire

*cough

6. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    oh and jeeze *just noticed* since I can't reply to the Canterbury faire thread I'm sorry I missed that one too!

*sigh*

Le Faire. [face_batting]