main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ST Complimentary Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    "See you around, kid."

[​IMG]

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ^ what he said

3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Is there a way in which we could sort of convert this thread into something with a little more conversational flow and discussion related to the ST and things we are enjoying or want to see added to?

We all sort of just drop some bullet points now and then and that’s it. Would be nice if this thread had more discussion somehow.

4. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    That'd be nice. But disagreement among members would seep in and turn it into a rather generic ST discussion thread. A mod would need to come in here every day to tell us to keep it on the positive side.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    I like that it's not much discussion. The "what do you love" pieces don't get buried amidst the arguments, er I mean discussions. It's refreshing just to see what people love about the show.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This moment:

[​IMG]

Lulu Mars likes this.
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Is there an explanation in the VD on what the .... slit ... is on her forehead, or do we not want to know that?

8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks for that pic, @ewoksimon! I've never noticed before that she's actually a giant bug.

Actually, that made me want to rewatch the film so I can see the Canto Bight section again :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    MarcJordan likes this.
  9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    When Kylo runs and slices into Luke, stops. The music as he turns and walks towards him, driving his sabre through the projection is spine-tingling stuff. That mix of amazement and horror on his face juxtaposed with Luke meditating far away is one of the very best SW moments for me. Certainly the most awesome use of the force in the movies.

10. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    RJ, you beauty!

Luke: "This is not going to go the way you think!"
    Snoke : "I did not expect Skywalker to be so wise!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MJ

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  11. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm gonna go with what I think is a relatively UO - I really love Rey's speeder on Jakku. Going back to the first TFA teaser, that red bike next to the crashed Destroyer and this intriguing, at-ease girl riding it with confidence really got my SW feels going. I think the speeder is a cool homage to Luke's speeder in ANH that is sufficiently different but still SW. I have three (soon to be four) SW lego sets on my living room book shelf - an x-wing, R2, and Rey's speeder. I'm almost done with bb-8. I wasn't going to add him there because I don't think bb8 is at that level for me, but he's a pretty cool lego set. Cool moving parts, just like with R2.

I also think Rey's Jakku design was spot on. Not necessarily her normal costume, but her speeder costume/head gear and definitely her staff. The staff really sets her apart and is memorable. DR looks so comfortable wielding it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know earlier I had mentioned the lightspeed sacrifice from TLJ was my fav; but the more frequently I watch TFA, the more I lean towards the end goosebumps scene where Rey finds Luke. The scene itself was done just right. No words exchange; no cheesy dialogue like, "Are you Luke Skywalker"? The thing is that Rey merely assumes it's got to be him; since that planet is out in the middle of nowhere and the map led to it. When he turns around, the audience immediately knows it's him. Save the offbeat dialogue for the beginning of TLJ.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  13. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Rey's fondness of reaching out. Weakness or strength? You decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MJ

14. Darth Thing

Darth Thing Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    TLJ has a lot of great face/hand shots in key situations, but this one is the best:

[​IMG]

Determined eyes, a flashlight from the battle on his face. Says a lot about the character.

15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I also love that shot. It looks gorgeous and has a distinctive anime feel to it :cool::-B

16. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Some newer moments for me include me appreciating Issac’s handling of this reunion with BB8. There’s just so much genuine warmth and excitement for him that comes through like someone who was worried perhaps his dog and best friend hadn’t made it out of something but somehow did.

[​IMG]

I’m also a big fan of the two Force relic moments where the force called out to Rey to find objects in both films. Love the Spielberg Indiana Jones style dolly shot in for this moment:

[​IMG]

(LATER)

[​IMG]

NOTE: This moment connects well & nicely contrasts with Kylo Ren pulling her saber again in TFA and her grabbing it again but this time them not being enemies in the moment.

[​IMG]

And I also love her approach to the tree:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(LATER ON THE FALCON)
    [​IMG]

While we’re at it... I personally like the ancient look of the structures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And think much of Ahch-To is actually quite Dream-like, personally.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like this moment as a metaphor for just how severe Luke’s issues have become.
    [​IMG]

And the look from Rey as she realizes the same thing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  17. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Decisive moments...shock value...that is the ST.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MJ

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    TITLE UPDATE.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @MarcJordan, as a huge fan of your numerous artistic, themed compilations in PT, it's great to see you doing the same in here. Cheers.

MarcJordan and oncafar like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    New OP is a work of flawless art nearly on par with TLJ, itself. Nothing can possibly reach that peak but the new OP is also an inspired work of artistry.

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    TLJ is why better than sliced bread though. I mean sliced bread is so uninspired these days. It hasn't changed much in thousands of years. Boring! Also it shouldn't have to rely on other foods to make it a sandwich. It's ridiculous that I have to buy meat separately. It should be a sandwich from the start!

EHT, Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sliced bread Subverted Expectations by not being what we used to associate with sliced bread. Brilliance. Unrivaled brilliance.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This. Rey on Jakku, particularly wrapped-up-speeder-and-spelunking Rey, is the best Rey.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I love the scene in TFA when Rey is making food in her home and notching days on the wall and then puts on the Rebel helmet and chews with her mouth open. You can tell just by that how alone she is.

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Imo Rey's introduction is pure gold. My favorite scene of the whole ST. There is a nice video explaining why it's so great:

christophero30 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.