main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ST Criticism Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Barely even abuse, then somebody's obtuse, unexpectedly

DBPirate, afrojedi, kalzeth and 6 others like this.
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The scar that is running along his chest, neck and face, is supposed to be a lightsaber scar?

Maybe this is this how they were fighting each other at the end of TFA:

[​IMG]

3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    ^^^ Yeah that scar looks weak AS. For some reason it took that still for me to notice how it looked on his chest.

I think JJ envisioned something more gnarly. The way his face looked at the end of TFA foreshadowed that.

4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm surprised RJ let the scar stay there........

5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Nicely put!

Tale as old as time
    True as it can be
    Painful Interrogations end
    Then somebody bends
    Unexpectedly
    Patricide brings facial scars
    Fair to say the least
    Both a little scared
    Neither one prepared
    Rey and the beast
    Kylo Ren can change
    Consoling me’s a surprise
    I can save the day and Leia’s son will rise
    He’s probably not the same
    I can’t wait for this surprise
    Luke’s all to blame
    Of that I am as sure
    As the sun will rise
    Tale as old as time
    Muscles shining fine
    Bittersweet and strange
    Finding he won’t change
    Learning you were wrong
    Certain as the sun
    Rising in the east
    Tale as old as time
    Muscles shining fine
    Rey and the beast
    Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Rey and the beast
    Rey and the beast

And, yes, this is me making fun of them in the context of the song in case it’s not clear.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    afrojedi, PCCViking and Prime Jedi like this.
  6. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

I mean, this looked pretty cool too, if I'm being honest.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I looked up the lyrics to Gaston and realized I don’t even need to change any of them to fit Kylo.

Except for the part about using antlers in decorating. Kylo uses melted helmets and victim ashes.

8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Firstly, you are simply incorrect about the origin location of every single current religion being known. The origin location of Zoroastrianism, for instance, is only vaguely known, and the origins of Judaism meld into myth and legend. We know the locations of the Temple Mount, St Paul's Cathedral, Mecca, Medina, etc, because the areas around were urbanised as the religions were part of an urban society. The Jedi are a monastic order. It makes sense many of their locations wouldn't be public knowledge, and it's highly probable that they could have kept their origin planet secret for various reasons. Given it's not in an urban areas, given the scale of the galaxy, the time scales we're talking about and its possible protection by the Order, it's not unbelievable that it's location could have been lost.

Secondly, you have too much faith in the durability of our knowledge even in the modern age. A significant civilisation collapse could see our knowledge lost espcially the electronic kind.

Yes, it's possible to explore the known galaxy in a single lifetime. But that requires the use of established charts, etc, created over many thousands of years. There are parts of the galaxy which haven't been charted and therefore aren't explorable in a single human lifetime.

9. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I laughed when I began playing this clip because when the Beast is talking it kind of sounds a little like Kylo Ren at first.

If an Episode IX musical happens though with Kylo Ren singing a variation of this kind of song I’m out.

Darth_Tweakpiece and Prime Jedi like this.
  10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I actually thought the Rogue One designs were right on point. Solo had some okay ones. Besides Rey, Bazine Netal, And hermit Luke I do not like any of the ST ones

Btw on Disney changing characters from the OT version I can’t believe this is how Han lost the Falcon:

Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBPirate, Oryx-I, afrojedi and 8 others like this.
  11. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Lol Kylo literally has a small hole in his face here, yet it's a minor scar a week later. I know Star Wars technology far exceeds ours, but I had heart surgery back in November, and it's still not even close to fully healed, a hole in his face aint healing that fast. I've had fire ant bites heal slower than that :p

12. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    It’s even better. Apparently not only did Maz recommend him (I am beginning to believe those ‘Maz is a dark sider” stories), this dude joins the Resistance! I hope Han found him and beat him up before Starkiller.

Total agreement. Plus they aren’t even in vibrant colors, they look like they’ve been washed to death in a washer full of mud. Someone on Tumblr wrote a long post about how because of his taste for thirty year old styles, Poe was a hipster, it was brilliant.

13. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Even that comic book art is insulting to truly talented comic book artists.

14. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    Wow that's just like.... the worst makes me glad that I have stopped buying the comics.... like what the hell

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Is that even remotely something they would consider canon? What an outrageous series of events.

16. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    So I guess the idea that the Falcon was deliberately placed near Rey just in case she needed it is officially off the table?

In other words, it was a coincidence?

I supposed the force brought them together is the best explanation one can muster?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    To be fair, "The will of the Force" is hardly some new, ST-centric deus ex machina. There is so much Force convenience in this entire series that it would require spread sheets to properly document it.

18. Obironsolo

Feb 7, 2005
    In the PT and the OT? Which ones are as bad as this one?

ami-padme and kalzeth like this.
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I see. When I type "every single known religion" I guess you thought I meant the 5000 religions that are present on this planet. Ok I am done with this conversation I guess. We will have to agree to disagree. What you see not unbelievable, I see it as completely and utterly not believable, and that's fine. If the Jedi were a religion in this real world that we live in, and not just a religion, but a faith in something that actually is shown to work and is testable and true, I am 100% sure that everyone would know where this one true religion originated from, including the first temple, the first masters, the first members of the order, etc.

I don't have faith in the durability of our knowledge. I know for a fact that the digital libraries of our world would withstand pretty much everything short of an apocalyptic magnitude scenario. If we take that type of storage and multiply it maybe 1 billion times (or 1 million if you want to be strict), spread it across our galaxy on 1 million habitable planets and libraries, all of that knowledge becomes eternal, and can never be lost, unless the entire galaxy explodes.

Both with the conversation about the First Order and now with the Origins of The Jedi, I am given the impression that people forget about the size and the magnitude of the networking power in the GFFA. It's as if lack of knowledge about everything and anything is completely possible, and I just do not agree even remotely with this notion. At the same time, Broom Boi knows about the Legend of Luke Skywalker. Wow.

DBPirate, ami-padme, afrojedi and 3 others like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I do not care which did it "worse". There is a clear precedent for this endlessly revisited contrivance within the series. These arguments against "will of the Force" as a plot cop out were dissected all throughout the PT era of this forum. And, if the internet existed, it would have absolutely been dissected after the OT release. Probably second in forum importance only to "... from a certain point of view". Which trilogy did it "worse" is entirely irrelevant to my point. Half the convenient coincidences in this series have been tossed in the "Will of the Force" bin for as long as I have been a member of these forums. And probably long before that. But, those were debated on paper instead of keyboards.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Will of the force" is obviously referring to Will I Am, who always believes that this evening shall commence to being a splendid evening.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    R5-D4’s bad motivator blowout occurred at an extremely opportune time.

This is just an example, by the way, not the start of some ongoing side discussion back and forth.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke crashing on Yoda's front lawn, rather than the other side of the planet, was fortunate.

But, yeah, this is not to launch a Saga discussion. It is just that this is not some newly conceived way to take a shortcut with plot.

DarthPhilosopher, Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  24. Obironsolo

Feb 7, 2005
    Apparently I can't complain about an absolutely ridiculous, nearly impossible coincidence because there have been much less objectionable coincidences in the past.

The bad motivator was not a coincidence. It was a stroke of luck. Not even remotely the same thing.

ami-padme, Darth Geezy and kalzeth like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If the wrongly chosen droid randomly needing to be replaced by the droid carrying a message which brings Luke to ObiWan is just luck then the good news is that every possible "will of the Force" contrivance in the sequels are far lower in power on the "luck" scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.