main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ST Criticism Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    And that's a no...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2019
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    And that's a no...

3. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    And that's a no...

4. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Boy...that teaser just put everything...and I mean, everything...on the table for the ST.

This could go in a way that's even worse to the legacy of the saga, or possible introduce some elements that will tie things together better.

EDIT: also, you have to hand it to JJ Abrams - he has managed to market both of his SW movies to fans who were disappointed with previous installments

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  5. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    What is it? Tell us...quick!! Before the mods kick our butts! Seriously though...

I'll bet my original Darth Vader 80's action figure case that Matt Smith is a cloned Palpatine...30 years have passed right? Sure would look the part.

And what else would be "more controversial, yet delightful" than that?

Ok...I'm done. I look forward to your guys' insights in the coming days.[face_peace]

kalzeth, Prime Jedi and Glitterstimm like this.
  6. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    And that's a no...

7. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, the saga came to an end in 1983.

But I'll watch it. Like I'll watch a Marvel that gets a decent amount of must-see buzz. Has a decent baseline Star Wars feel. Didn't care for the []. I also did not care for the []. Both of these things seem to be embedded requirements anymore for anything adjacent to or remotely in competition with Marvel offerings.

As for deserts, this one has vegetation. It is a leaning towards sci-fi to introduce yet another desert planet, for, it is harder statistically to locate habitable planets in a habitable zone where *both the equator and poles experience conditions in the triple point of water, than to find planets where either the equator alone, or poles alone, experience conditions in the triple point of water. Obviously no one needs to be told that it is easy to do practically. There could be advantage if ST would put nearby or even far away planets in the sky like other sci-fi entries. Maybe that's too much work. Anyway, achieving an otherworldly feel using location shooting that is *not in a desert is obviously very difficult. All the UK tax write off revenue-retaining location shooting might as well have gone into another Robin Hood movie. As far as a "set", this desert has more verisimilitude than Jakku.

Is Abrams above going with a clone of the Emperor? No, Abrams is not above going with a clone of the Emperor. One might cogitate and come to a rash conclusion, 'Abrams realized that making a clone of the two death stars was daft and he will not do such a thing again'. This would be a hasty conclusion.

Nice shot of the Falcon. Has more responsibility than prior ST entries. Still do not appreciate the simulated fake NASA documentarian turbulence to the camera. George had a stable camera move and there was no turbulence. There is no air in hyperspace. Or else we'd see ships putting their rag tops down. Or Han flicking some ashes out the window. Do we see that in OT or PT? No. That's because hyperspace doesn't have air molecules to buffet the camera. Abrams.

8. Darth_Tweakpiece

Nov 11, 2005
    And that's a no...

9. Maybe the new movie is more good than TLJ but i still don't like the direction of the Sequels and for Star Wars in general

The EU always will be my canon in my mind and Disney EU will be an alternative universe for me

10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    And that's a no...

11. Darth_Tweakpiece

Nov 11, 2005
    And that's a no...

Such an interesting and creative way though, to move past the Skywalkers don't you think?...

...by naming the last movie in the Saga "The RISE of Skywalker"

Man oh man I just don't know.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Any further spoilers from an unreleased film will result in people being unreleased to post on these forums.

13. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    No, not at all.

eko32eko7 and Prime Jedi like this.
  14. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Personally, I would like to rename the ST into:

Star Wars: LOL Part I
    Star Wars: LOL Part II
    Star Wars: LOL Part III

At least that`s honest.

15. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    And that's a no...

Prime Jedi and Darth_Tweakpiece like this.
  16. Darth_Tweakpiece

Nov 11, 2005
    Heard and understood!

[​IMG]

:p

17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    In Memoriam: Darth Fixxxer

Oct. 20, 2018 - Apr. 12, 2019

"He did not know when to stop"

@};-

Prime Jedi likes this.
  18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I didn't realize officially released trailers are "spoilers." That should probably be made clear in this forum's rules thread.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's made clear with the fact that this is not an Ep. IX forum. This is for the released films only. Everyone needs to go over the the Ep. IX forum to discuss that film.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here is a general thing to keep in mind. This thread's entire purpose is literally for criticism of 2 released films. It is not a catchall for people to discuss anything that comes to mind without deeming to become involved in other threads. You are not necessarily guilty of this but, overall, too often this thread get mistaken for being a country club for butthurt people who sit in here and rage against anything and everything. It has a topic. The topic is our members' criticisms of 2 films. Not imported criticisms from every corner of the internet. Not criticisms of everything that enrages people. 2 films.

21. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Sometimes wonder if Lucas sold Star Wars out of spite. Maybe to teach us fans a lesson and perhaps, to show us the face of ''true corporate'' Star Wars looks like.

22. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Understood but is there a criticism of the trailer/spoilers thread? I only see positive posters...

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That's because it is an open discussion but most of the people who are posting in there don't hate everything as a response to earlier films. There is a fair amount of criticism of certain aspects of the trailer in there. Because it is an actual discussion.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  24. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    PendragonM and Prime Jedi like this.
  25. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Thank you, I really appreciate the support. :) I tried thinking of a similar saying that's used in the southern USA, but I can't think of anything. :p

On topic of the ST, about Episode IX trailer....(eats words) Yeah, I'm slightly hyped for the movie again. There was quite a bit of stuff I didn't like in it, but there was also a ton that I did like, and it was successful in getting me a little hyped for it again. I had an open mind before seeing it, but I wasn't expecting to like it, so I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder how long after TLJ the film will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.