main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON St. Patricks Day Parade invite!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by strawbary, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok just to recap. I want to make sure I am correct in understanding this.

We leave around 8:00 PM I am assuming from Chris and Debby's place. We are taking Laurie's Van (who lives right down the street).

The parade is on the Saturday afternoon beginning at Noon. We are supposed to gather downtown at 10:00 AM There is a reception afterward and we will be returning to Canada in the evening.

There is 7 people:
    Laurie
    Eryn
    Chris
    Leigh
    Tim
    Kevin
    James

The rooms will cost $10 - $15 per person.

Am I missing any information? Am I incorrect in my information?

I would suggest that the majority of us meet earlier and have everything ready so that Chris doesn't have to worry about packing our stuff afterwork, only his own, as he is gratious enough to offer to drive.

For further information or to see the actual Syracuse trip thread vissit here.

2. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I just thought I'd mention I'm gonna need an hour in the morning to wash, gel, blowdry, gel, and hairspray my hair. And I'm a miserable person to wake up, haha. ;)

3. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Join the club...no one mock the do!!! You will understand later.

4. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Sounds good, although I think you should get organized and leave from Laurie's, since I don't know when I will be home that day. That way you won't be waiting outside in the cold.

I am in the process of booking your hotel rooms, so that should be done by tonight. Just everyone please bring your ID for the border. That is very important.

5. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    My thoughts exactly Deb. I am just hoping that Laurie won't mind. :D

And I am hoping my drivers liscence will be enough. :S My roommate said that is all they have ever checked on him. I just better act none chalant. Officers can smell fear :eek:

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    You mean I gotta invite you IN?????
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to think about that. 8-}

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well I have to be careful. I have a tendency to over step my bounds.

8. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I crossed the border in february and all they asked to see was my drivers license. I wouldn't worry about it.

9. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Yes.....but James looks more like a terrorist than you do. 8-}

10. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I know what you mean.
    I take forever to do my hair.
    I will need at least a good 5 seconds styling mine.

11. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Timetable with questions that need to be answered:

I know I am not going, but these are some questions that have risen that I think you should think about. I am trying to figure out the best scenario for you guys this weekend regarding a hotel room, and I need some answers ASAP before I can book any rooms.

Arriving time will be late evening, and in your rooms after midnight. Is it really necessary to bring the DVD player? Do you really think it will be used knowing that you have to be up for roughly 6AM? And is everyone who is sharing that room in agreement?

Room: Chris is okay with having/paying for his own room, which means he has it all to himself and pays full price. That means 6 people are sharing a room with 2 double beds. That would be a total of $59.40 CDN split by 6 people, plus $5 for gas, equals roughly $15.00 per person. Is this alright with everyone else? That means 2, maybe 3 people are sleeping on the floor. I need to know what you want before I book rooms. Things to think about?.shower time, sleeping arrangements, sleeping bags, and pillows.
    EDIT: My question also in regards to the room is whether the 6 of you want to share one room or 2????? If you share one, you will pay roughly $15.00, but if you want two (in which case the guys can share one and the girls share the other one and Chris has his own) then you will be paying roughly $25.00.

Breakfast: What are you all doing for food? Laurie is bringing a cooler for her and Eryn. Chris is going out for breakfast (McDonalds, or Golden Griddle, or?). What is everyone else doing?

Costumes: Has everyone done a trial run to make sure they have everything and that it all fits? Also, are you planning on changing into your costumes at the hotel, rather than at Vicky's? I think this is best so that you can pack up the van afterwards. Vicky will be going nuts trying to get things organized for the parade, so we don't need our stuff there too.

Please get back to me ASAP with some answers to these questions. Thanks.

12. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Eryn will sleep on the floor or in a bed with either Leigh or myself.

I will sleep on the floor or share a bed with another person...it doesn't matter who (I won't bite if you don't) [face_devil]

Eryn and I need a lot of time to get into costume...so we will stay in the room in the morning and eat breakfast that we bring in our cooler.

Since we're getting there so late...we'll need to get straight to bed...and save the partying until after the parade at the reception.

Question: What is the checkout time??? The parade isn't over until around 3pm. If checkout is before that...we will have to vacate the room before we leave for the parade...which will be a REAL pain.
    Can we get an extended checkout time (say 4pm?)...so that we can leave the costume mess, and come back to the hotel to clean-up, change into regular clothes, and pack up after the parade, before the reception?

13. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Oh, um, I don't have a sleeping bag. It's in my house in jerseyville.

Yay mc donalds breakfast! If chris is going maybe he can grab me something?

It takes me forever to do my hair which also requires access to a mirror for an extended period of time (I usually pull a chair into my bathroom at home so I don't have to stand and get irritable for that long), and before I can do my hair, I have to wash my hair. And then after that it takes forever again for laurie to do the hair extension part of my hair. But aside from that my costume doesn't take long to get into ;p Basically, So yeah, I already said it but I need an hour to get a shower and then sit in front of the mirror with a large amount of gel, a blow dryer, and hairspray, before I can even get into my costume. The extension part can come after we leave the hotel, right?

14. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I will sleep on the floor, bring a blanket and pillow. Debby is right. I thought we would have more time so scratch the movies.

Everything else seems fine to me.

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    here is a link to the parade if anyone wants to read up about it. Its not a long parade at all and we are expected to be in the 50's for that day.....however, its syracuse and it can always change ;)
    LOL

Edit: D'oh! you need the link ;)
    Parade

16. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    K, well I am booking the rooms tonight. One single bed room for Chris and a double bed room for the rest of the group. I will let you know the final total after it is arranged. Hope you guys have fun.

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Can someone check with strawbary, according to the latest post about the parade in their forum they don't need to be in the line-up until 1:30??

I only just read that now.

If thats true it might be better to say leave at 7, and be in Syracuse for 11 with 90 minutes to 2 hours to prepare ahead of time. Will certainly save money.

Of course, you may still want to go overnight, and know now you can get some more rest and more time to prep.

18. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Chris and I already talked about that John. Laurie and Leigh need too much time to get ready that it is better we go the night before.

19. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ya it's far better to not be rushed doing last min. things. If we do that stuff the night before then get some sleep we will end up enjoying the day that much more.

20. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    I can take the floor but it may limit me the next day (bad back)

21. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Well I must say I am quite angry :mad: at the service I have just gotten from Motel 6. If I was going, which you should all be glad I am not, because if I was, I would give this girl a piece of my mind. And I tell you, it would not be pretty!!!!!! I did the reservation for you guys and mistakenly did the reservation for 3 adults instead of four. I wanted to double check the price change for four and the girl was totally rude and disrespectful to me. Then she wanted to put me on hold (because she said she had customers in front of her), to which I will say she didn't put me on hold because I yelled that I was just as important as those standing in front of her!!! Plus the fact I was calling long distance!!!!!! ARG!!! Oh, if I was going....... :mad:

On another note, the price will be higher than earlier quoted because there is 4 adults staying in the room, not 2, which apparantly that's what I was quoted for. So the total would be $72.00 CDN split by 6 people, plus $5 for gas, equals roughly $17.00 per person. Not a huge difference, but a difference in the same.

Oh, and Laurie, no you can't have a later check out time. You must check out before the parade. Otherwise you pay for another day!

22. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    What time are you all meeting at Laurie's???

23. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I thought 7:30, 8:00.

24. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ya please meet at lauries around that time....I will try to get off work ASAP to get home earlier.

25. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    All sounds good with me :D Looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.