main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stand up Miss Jean Louise... Your Father is Passing... MEMORIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jun 12, 2003.

1. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Maybe Dom DeLouise's ghost is haunting CNN's website [face_mischief]

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Huge loss for rock and metal fans
    Ronnie James Dio Died today.

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

Ronnie James Dio, a singer with the bands Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio, whose powerful, semioperatic vocal style and attachment to demonic imagery made him one of the best-loved figures in classic heavy metal, died on Sunday morning, according to an announcement on his Web site by his wife, Wendy. He was 67.

No cause was given in the announcement, but Mr. Dio had been suffering from stomach cancer, and recently his band Heaven and Hell canceled its summer tour because of his health. The Houston Chronicle reported that Mr. Dio was being treated at a hospital in Houston.

Mr. Dio was born Ronald James Padavona in Portsmouth, N.H., and grew up in Cortland, N.Y. He began his career in rockabilly bands in the late 1950s, but by the mid-1970s, when Ritchie Blackmore, the guitarist of the British band Deep Purple, hired him to sing for his new band, Rainbow, Mr. Dio had become a heavy-metal purist, and he became known as much for his vocal prowess as for his Mephistophelean stage persona. He is widely credited with popularizing the ?devil horn? hand gesture ? index and pinky fingers up, everything else clenched in a fist ? as a symbol of metal?s occult-like worship of everything scary and heavy.

Mr. Dio sang about devils, defiance and the glory of rock ?n? roll with a strong, mean voice, punctuating his points with gale-force vibrato, a style derived in part from singers like Deep Purple?s Ian Gillan. When Ozzy Osborne was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979, Mr. Dio replaced him, and by 1983 he released the album ?Holy Diver? with his own band, Dio. In various lineup configurations, the band Dio continued to release material in the mid-2000s.

In 2006 he began playing with some of his former band mates in Black Sabbath, naming the group Heaven and Hell after the title of the first Black Sabbath album on which Mr. Dio appeared. Heaven and Hell released one album, ?The Devil You Know,? in 2009.

Other than his wife, no information about his survivors was immediately available on Sunday afternoon.

3. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Rest in Peace, Holy Diver @};-

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
  5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies

Gary Coleman, the child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" whose later career was marred by medical and legal problems, has died after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage. He was 42.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Whutchutalkinabout, Willis?

:(

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Just found out my Great Grandma passed this morning. She would have been 103 this July. :( I was going to see her next week when I went to my cousin's wedding. She was a very cool lady and had seen a lot of changes during her lifetime.

Her at her 100th birthday party being interviewed.

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear that, Sarah. :(

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear that, Sarah. But 102 is a good age to reach --for anyone. It's cool that you were able to know her. I barely remember one of my great grandmas.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    She did lead a very full life. And it didn't come as much of a surprise, but still...

Thanks guys. :)

12. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Sorry for your loss! [:D]

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Sorry, Sarah. [:D]

14. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We had to put Tara O'Hara the fabulous Yorkie to sleep today......we thought she would make one more trip to Michigan, but no go....the kidney disease won out.......

We've gone from 5 critters to 2 in less than 2 months. WTF?:_|

15. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I am so sorry for your loss, mel. [:D]

16. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'm so sorry, Mel. @};-

18. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Sorry for your loss, Mel :(

19. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Our thoughts are with you and Lisa, Mel. [:D]

20. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    My sincerest sympathies to You and Lisa, especially Lisa as I know how much she adores and loves Her. @};-

21. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Mel I'm so sorry for your loss. [:D]

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Mel. It must be especially hard to go through it repeatedly over such a short time. [:D]

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm so sorry Mel :(

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks everyone...Tara was Lisa's 3rd appendage....she brought joy to our family for the last 8 of her almost 15 years.....

25. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel, Mel. My sympathies go out to you and Lisa. It will be hard for a while and we're all here for you two.