main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Standing on Broken Dreams-AU-Obi/Ani/OC Face Inside Sequel COMPLETE 5/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Jivan is awesome! I'm curious, though, did Luminara tatoo him, or was he born that way? Smack me or something if I'm not remembering something important.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    d_p2002 Thank you! :) It's probably safe to say you get Obi angst and Ani h/c in this fic! :D

JKH ;) I'm not telling what Jivan knows or does! :p

JS I knew you would Padawan! [face_love]

CHAPTER FOUR

Rapid steps quickened until Jivan was in a full sprint down the crowded Temple hallways.So intent on reaching his destination,he failed to notice the curious looks tossed his way.Just as he arrived outside his Master's rooms,the door slid open and incandescent eyes met his.Uncertain concern gleamed in their depths.

"Something has happened to Anakin,"Obi-Wan stated.

Nodding,Jivan hurried to explain.

"Master Bant received a page.They didn't have any details yet but she said to meet her at the Healers Ward,"he said breathlessly.

Obi-Wan swept past him and moved quickly toward the medical facilities.They didn't speak on the short trip there, but Jivan's thoughts were on overload as he followed behind his Master's stiffly held back.

He knew all too well how important Anakin was to his Master and to himself.Jivan considered the young Knight to be a sort of bothersome older brother,whom he secretly adored and admired.The thought of a life without Anakin in it was too much to bear.

As they burst into the ward,Bant glanced up from a datapad she had been studying.When she merely returned to her reading,Obi-Wan sighed heavily.

"Don't make me beg,"he said quietly.

"But you do it so prettily,"she retorted before studying his beloved face.

"He's going to be fine,allthough it's a good thing he has such a hard head,"she commented dryly. "He has some pretty nasty bruising and a thigh wound but nothing life threatening."

Obi-Wan visibly relaxed at the report.

"Can I see him?"he asked.

"Not yet.The Council wants to see you right away," she told him.

A frustrated look crossed his face before he could restrain it.

"Surely they can wait until after I see him!" he protested.

Bant reached out and grasped his arm.

"Master Yoda said it was very important that they speak to you before you see Anakin," she told him. "Jivan can stay with him until you get back."

Obi-Wan's shoulders slumped and he nodded before turning toward the young man beside him.Smiling gently,he reached up and tugged lightly on the ebony braid.

"Can I trust you not to torment him while I'm gone Padawan?"he asked teasingly.

"Master!" Jivan exclaimed in mock disbelief."He's most likely weak and defenseless,unable to fight back!"

Obi-Wan chuckled when a delighted grin lit up the young man's face at the prospect.

"I'll leave him in your loving hands then,"he said somewhat dryly before hurrying from the room.

Shaking her head,Bant gave Jivan's shoulder a brief pat.

"I'll come and get you as soon as you can see him," she assured him before dissappearing inside the room.

Left alone,Jivan sat on one of the hard chairs and eyed the two other occupants of the waiting area.A young Padawan sat crying,while one of the creche attendants tried to console him.

Jivan could hear bits and pieces of their conversation,enough to piece together the fact that the boy's Master had been seriously injured on their last mission.She could very well die.

The serious nature of the lives they lead suddenly hit him.Anakin's brush with death and he and his Master's own close calls recently left him wondering about alot of things.

Foremost of which was family.Who were his parents? Were they alive or dead? Why did they choose to give him to the Jedi? If he was killed on a mission would they know or even mourn his passing?

All of these were questions he could never ask of anyone at the Temple.But perhaps he could find his own answers.

His disquieting thoughts were interrupted when the door slid open and a tall elegant figure swept into the room.Eyes so blue they appeared purple,zeroed in on him and tattooed lips tightened in concern.

Moving forward quickly,Luminara acted without thought and pulled him to his feet.As her arms pulled him into a tight embrace,he hesitantly lifte

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I continue to like Jivan aka Xanitot [face_love]

Poor Lulu (again). Still, it's nice that Bant knows the secret. I just wonder how Jivan'll act when he's told. :(

4. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Jeez - you just get better and better, oe. This is just terrific - and your Xanitot reminds me, somewhat, of a certain beloved padawan in another classic on these boards.

Well done.

CYN

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh Bant, such a good friend. love the way she is teasing Obi.

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Poor Luminara. The years must have been difficult for her, to not be able to get as close to Jivan as she would have wanted, and to keep the secret from him. :(

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    ]Foremost of which was family.Who were his parents? Were they alive or dead? Why did they choose to give him to the Jedi? If he was killed on a mission would they know or even mourn his passing?

All of these were questions he could never ask of anyone at the Temple.But perhaps he could find his own answers.

Why do I have a feeling the old adage, becareful what you wish for, may play a part in this.

I don't know if I want him to find out or not...it's kind of like Bali not knowing that Obi was his father...

Your not going to leave us hear for long are you?

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia_Nox :) I'm glad you like him! Luminara and her Padawan Barriss are both from the planet Miriel and they both have the tattooing.I'm not real clear on wheter it is genetic or done on purpose as far as canon goes.I've chosen to make it a hereditary thing that Jivan got from her. :D

JS :) Good! Who says he will ever be told? [face_devil]

Cyn [face_blush] Thank you. I can only hope that Jivan is as loveable as Bali. [face_love]

froggy :) Thank you.

Cas :( It is very sad.

JKH Hum. Not too long! :D

9. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Beautiful work, obi-ew!!!

This is turning out so wonderfully!

I, too, feel bad for Luminara...

:(

Oh, and BTW...

"Foremost of which was family.Who were his parents? Were they alive or dead? Why did they choose to give him to the Jedi? If he was killed on a mission would they know or even mourn his passing?

All of these were questions he could never ask of anyone at the Temple.But perhaps he could find his own answers."

Does that mean what I think it means, obi-ew?

If so, I can't wait!!!!!!

:)

More, please! :D

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    As we learnwd from reading about Bali- does Jivan ever need to be told?

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astro Hush! ;) Glad you are enjoying so far.I was really leery when I started this but it's kinda growing on me! :)

Padawan_Kitara :( I will eventually have to make that decision!

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *wonders what could go wrong on Jivan's quest*

*realizes that maybe she doesn't want to know*

13. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey there,

Finally able to comment - you're doing wonderfully. I love Jivan, and Luminara's pain at being around him while not being able to acknowledge who he is, is just heartbreaking. I love how Bant has figured it all out without anyone telling her anything - she's so damn smart! Geez, OE, I just love everything about this. This is a great story, and I'm so glad you started it!

More soon!

Shaindl

14. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Gotta love it when the author posts like five minutes after you check in... Anyway, great job! You have me feeling very sorry for Ani, but I think I feel even more sorry for that anonymous Padawan in the waiting room. Call me crazy!

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JKH [face_devil]

Shaindl :) I'm so glad you love it so far anyway! Thanks for popping in!

Thalia_Nox You're feeling sorry for Ani? :eek: :D

CHAPTER FIVE

Master Yoda sighed deeply when he viewed the resentful look that gleamed in blue-grey eyes.The Council,and he in particular had been on the receiving end of that look far too often in recent years.

"Upset with us you are Obi-Wan,"he commented.

Shifting his weight,Obi-Wan had to remind himself to remain calm.

"I should be with Anakin,"he replied shortly.

Mace frowned at his tone.

"We were assured his condition was not serious before we called for you.It's because of the nature of his injuries that we wish to speak to you before you see him," he explained.

That managed to capture Obi-Wan's attention and he straightened.

"I don't understand,"he admitted.

Yoda tapped his gimmer stick on the floor before responding.

"A saber wielder was his attacker,"he finally replied.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened at the news as Mace continued.

"Knight Skywalker refuses to describe his attacker to us.We hope he will be more open with you," he said quietly.

A look of confusion clouded Obi-Wan's face.

"What do you mean he refuses?"he inquired.

"Spoke to him briefly did both Mace and I.Remained stubbornly silent he did on the matter," Yoda shared.

Obi-Wan was more then a little unsettled by that information.Unlike himself,Anakin was normally very open and accepting of the Council and their decisions.Adi interrupted his thoughts.

"We believe this could be another Sith,Obi-Wan,"she said worriedly."Can you think of any reason Anakin would be reluctant to describe his attacker?"

He shook his head immediately,"No I honestly can't."

"Talk to him you must,"Yoda instructed."Find out all we can about this new threat we must."

Obi-Wan nodded in understanding.

"I will Master,"he assured him.

Mace and Yoda exchanged a speaking glance before the dark skinned Jedi sat forward.

"One more thing Obi-Wan,"he began. "This attacker was,according to Senator Organa,after Anakin."

Obi-Wan recoiled at his words.

"What!?" he breathed.

"Senator Organa told us quite confidently that the cloaked warrior went directly after your former apprentice,with the intent to kill him,"Mace explained.

"Know why we are so concerned you now do,"Yoda interjected."Vital it is that he help us clear up this mystery."

"I understand Master's,and I will be firm with Anakin on the matter,"Obi-Wan assured them.

Sitting back,Yoda switched topics with the blink of an eye.

"Understand we do that your new Padawan is flourishing," he said quietly.

Obi-Wan's body stiffened at the words and his eyes cooled.

"Jivan is excelling at everything he tackles Master," he replied.

"No problems or concerns of any kind?"the Jedi Master quiered.

Obi-Wan's heated gaze swept the circle of council members warningly.

"None.Jivan is my greatest joy," he stated with conviction." Is that all?"

Several of the Jedi bristled at his words,but Yoda merely nodded in apparent satisfaction.

"Dismissed you are Master Obi-Wan," he replied.

Bowing stiffly,Obi-Wan spun on his heel and swept from the room.

16. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Hmm, now why is Anakin reluctant to say who the attacker is?

*frowns suspiciously*

17. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    YA!!!!!!!! Obi angst/ Ani h/c!!!! UR THE BEST!!!!!

18. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    "He has some pretty nasty bruising and a thigh wound but nothing life threatening."

Darn. :(

the cloaked warrior went directly after your former apprentice,with the intent to kill him

Hmmm! [face_mischief] Oooh, the possibilities!!! :D

Ooops. Got carried away...again. [face_blush]

I keep missing these fantastic posts, obi_ew! I'll have to check the boards more often so I don't!

I know everyone else has already said it, but this is wonderfully written. Great job. ;)

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, LE, really. Anakin isn't that bad in this universe. Cut the kid some slack! :p

Great work, OE! I love Jivan - what a cute kid (but, then, how could he help it?). I love it when Obi tells off the Council. Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JS [face_devil] I'm not telling!

d_p 2002 [face_blush] Aw thanks!

LE I'll serve you up some battered Ani next posty! :D

Shaindl You're always so good for my fragile ego! Wish you could pop in more often! :)

21. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I don't know why Anakin would clam up. :confused: Makes me suspicious of the little brat.

22. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Ur welcome! Is Ani gunna be ok?

23. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Very interesting developments, here, obi-ew...

It's interesting that Ani was so loath to speak of his attacker....

I could be because he wasn't sure of who attacked him and wanted to think about what happened before he made an assesment...

I don't think so, though, somehow...

This is turning out wonderfully, obi-ew!

More soon, please!

:)

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Odd that Anakin isn't forthcoming with important information. See- no Ani bashing today :)

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *Wonders if Padme is Palpy's prentice... realizes she's female...*

*Wonders if be it Dooku...*

Padme's child perhaps?

Wonderfully done o-e!