main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Standing on Broken Dreams-AU-Obi/Ani/OC Face Inside Sequel COMPLETE 5/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 27, 2003.

1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    go get them obi!

2. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    hehhe... well this is an interesting turn now isn't it.. ani being stuborn... wait.. he normaly is. damn that boy! oh well obi can fix it. i know he can. well done! madam author.

3. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Sorry Obi_ew for not being posting before this...

Loved these last two chapters...looking forward to seeing why Ani wont say anything...and how Obi-Wan is gonna get it out of him..

Keep up the good work..

PT

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas Now this is nice Ani remember? :D

d_p 2002 For now he is! :D

astro :) Thanks

Padawan_Kitara But that's no fun! :p

JKH Not even close! :D

froggy :)

RJK Thank you lovely reader! :)

PT Thanks! :)

CHAPTER SIX

Anakin shuddered as he once again relived the moment when he stared into the face of death.He didn't want to see those lifeless eyes anymore!Groaning,he forced his own eyes to open and found a hauntingly familiar sapphire gaze watching him.He frowned as his drugged and bruised head tried to make sense of everything.

"Xan...." he slurred before his vision cleared and a young face frowned down at him.

"Runt! My head and mouth don't appear to be on speaking terms at the moment,"he explained quickly.

A mischievious grin curled the edges of full lips.

"That's nothing new! What language were you speaking?" Jivan asked curiously.

"Language?" Anakin repeated dumbly.

The boy rolled his eyes in mock despair.

"Zan? What language is that? What does it mean?" Jivan repeated slowly.

Anakin's heart skipped a beat to hear his young friend speak his father's name,albeit unknowingly.Moaning loudly,Anakin raised his hands to clasp his head and saw concern flood the stunning face.

"Forget it,it's just jibberish.I told you my head is mush!" he explained.

Reaching out,Jivan patted his shoulder awkwardly.

"You really scared me..I mean us,"he admitted.

Touched by the boy's sincerity,Anakin covered up his reaction by grinning
    sarcastically.

"Aw runt! You were worried about me!" he crowed in delight.

Flushing bright red,the boy shrugged in studied indifference

"If something really bad were to happen to you,Master would be upset and I'd have to deal with the aftermath,"he explained defensively.

"Uh huh,sure.I understand," Anakin teased."You just don't want to admit how much you love me."

Jivan snorted," You my friend have a face only a mother could love!"

"And she does," Anakin assured him.

Jivan couldn't hide the brief flare of pain that statement caused him.Noticing Anakin's quilty look,he quickly changed the subject.

"So what happened?" he asked.

A closed look settled over Anakin's handsome face and he turned away with a shrug.

"Someone was after Senator Organa and I got in the way,"he told the boy.

Jivan could sense his friend was covering something up.

"Whoever he was, he must have been good to get past your defensives," he reflected.

Anakin's entire demeanor darkened at his words.

"He just got lucky!" he growled.

Before Jivan could comment,the door slid open and Obi-Wan entered.Stopping next to Jivan,he reached up and squeezed his apprentice's shoulder.

"How is he?" he inquiered.

Jivan couldn't resist grinning impishly.

"Cranky,smug and obnoxious.Just as if nothing happened," he teased. "Oh except for when I first came in.He was speaking gibberish."

Obi-Wan raised a guestioning brow when he saw panic flare in his former apprentice's eyes.

"Really? What type of gibberish?" he asked curiously.

Anakin opened his mouth to try to divert the disaster he knew was unfolding,but Jivan beat him.

"He woke up saying Zan," the boy supplied innocently.

Anakin swallowed when Obi-Wan's head snapped back and his blue-grey eyes focused piercingly on him.

"Really? How interesting.Jivan will you excuse us for a moment? Anakin and I have something to discuss," he asked quietly.

Jivan's sapphire gaze swept between them curiously.He sensed that something had just occured,but was at a loss as to what exactly.

"Of course Master.I'll see you later Ani,"he said in farewell.

"Bye runt," Anakin told him before the door shut.

"Master I'm sorry!I was half asleep and this medicine they have me on has me all confused! I opened my eyes to find Xan's stare looming over me and it just slipped out,"he hurriedly explained.

Obi-Wan sighed and nodded in understanding.

"It's allright Anakin.That's not why I wanted to talk to

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_|

WHERE'S THE POST!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Just got a little carried away. [face_blush]

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Freudian slip?

Don't dare tell me, master that the attacker is Xan's clone or something.

*shrugs* A stretch, but who can tell anymore?

7. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Somehow I menage to overlook this thread, when I skip through the pages for stories I read.

Just found it again.

Ani is acting stupit not to warn Obi about this new danger. Obi and 'little Xan' could so easyly be caught inbetween and would have to fight unprepared.
    I understand he wants to protect his little brother and his former Master, but this only endanger them more.

Good work,oe.

Vadey

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What a silly little freak - you aren't going to be able to handle it on your own, Anakin, so just tell your Master what you saw like a good little boy, and save us all the pain you're all about to go through.

Hm. That would be no fun, now would it? At least not for us! So, on second thought, don't say anything Anakin. :D

Great post, OE. Keep it coming!

Shaindl

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Jivan snorted," You my friend have a face only a mother could love!"

How true it is! [face_laugh]

But seriously, wonderful post, obi_ew. I envy your creativity and imagination. ;)

10. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    See what I mean? I missed the post before this one by a half hour, and snuck in after today's. I think our usual check in times must be like an hour apart. **Sniffles** It's just not fair...

**Grins** Oh well. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next one!

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Somebody's trying to kill Anakin, and Obi-Wan's going to let it go for awhile??? I hope he doesn't wait too long.

Nice interaction. Now hurry up and give us some more! :D

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Xan reincarnate maybe?

Buckethead come back from the grave?

Jar-Jar?

(yes I'm still guessing)

Well if Bratakin refuses to tell, then there's nothing Obi can do about it when the brat dies...

*insane happy grin*

I think Jivan's smart enough to realize that Zan had to mean something.

Will Jivan turn dark?

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    At first I thought what suzeran did- that the attacker was Xan or a clone. But then I remembered theat Jivan was a mini-Xani

14. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    with holding information never helps

15. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Oooooooooooooooooo....

:(

Things are going to become quite dire, methinks.....

Great work, obi-ew!

:)

More, please!!!

16. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hmmm. What does Anakin know (or think he knows) that he doesn't want the Jedi to know? And will this cause a rift between him and Obi? And how will Jivan react if he learns who his parents are? Stay tuned for further posts! 8-} :D

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    d-p 2002 :) That's allright!It makes me feel all warm and mushy inside!

JS Could be Padawan .You never know! :p

Vadey Anakin thinks he's doing the right thing. :(

Shaindl little freak :eek: I thought you liked this Anakin!?

LE And I yours! :)

Thalia_Nox Thanks! :)

Cas Tomorrow! Either another little Xanitot flashback or we check up on Palpy! :D

JKH Let the Ani bashing resume! [face_laugh]

Padawan_Kitara It still could be one of those two! Or someone completely unexpected! [face_devil]

froggy Damn Ani! :mad:

astro Dire is still a ways away! But it's coming! :D

HHP :D Thanks for the advert!

I've decided that until TOTS is done or nearly so,I'm going to have to alternate days between posting on the two fics.Daily posts on two is just too much for this old lady! :p Hope you guys stick with me! :D

18. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    My sister found an apartment to rent and left early so she could get more packing done, so I'm back and anxious to catch up on all of my favorite stories. Let the marithon reading begin and with it my marathon replies....

** runs off to read first missed post **

** returns to review **

Post from 3/2:

"Can I trust you not to torment him while I'm gone Padawan?"he asked teasingly.

"Master!" Jivan exclaimed in mock disbelief."He's most likely weak and defenseless,unable to fight back!"

Obi-Wan chuckled when a delighted grin lit up the young man's face at the prospect.
    [face_laugh]

I loved this interaction between Obi-Wan and Jivan. :)

Poor Luminara, it must be very hard for her to be so close to her son and not be able to say anything. And now Jivan is going to start being curious about his family. I sense a little tension coming in future posts. :(

** jogs off to read next day's post **

** returns a little out of breath to review **

Post from 3/3:

I love a defiant Obi-Wan. The Council gets on my last nerve so I adore your Obi-Wan and how he cuts them no slack whatsoever. :D

"No problems or concerns of any kind?"the Jedi Master quiered.

Obi-Wan's heated gaze swept the circle of council members warningly.

"None.Jivan is my greatest joy," he stated with conviction." Is that all?"
    [face_love]

And let's not forget protective Jedi Master Obi-Wan. It is wonderful to see Obi-Wan so fiercely protective of Jivan, with his parentage he definitely needs someone like Obi-Wan in his corner. :)

I am very curious as to why your Ani (the only Anakin I have ever liked) would refuse to tell the Council anything. ?[face_plain]

** walks off to read next post **

** stumbles back panting to review **

Post from 3/4:

I really like how you are characterizing Jivan and his relationship with Obi-Wan and Anakin. He and Anakin were acting just like brothers and I loved the banter back and forth. :)

Jivan's sapphire gaze swept between them curiously.He sensed that something had just occured,but was at a loss as to what exactly. :eek:

Uh oh! I think Jivan might have let the whole "Xan" slip go if Obi-Wan and Anakin were a little better hiding their dismay. As it is, I think his curiousity will definitely be peeked now. :(

I like your Anakin, but it still bothers me how much he witholds the truth, especially when he witholds it from Obi-Wan. ?[face_plain]

** stumbles off muttering about getting into shape **

** drags self back clutching heaving chest **

Note from 3/5:

I've decided that until TOTS is done or nearly so,I'm going to have to alternate days between posting on the two fics.Daily posts on two is just too much for this old lady! Hope you guys stick with me!

Sounds good to me oe. We don't want to burn out the author now do we?! :eek:

This story is shaping up beautifully and has me completely hooked just as TOTS does. I missed your stories and it was great fun to have so much to read when I returned. :)

** falls out of chair with a resounding thud and desides to take a nap right there on the floor **

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: * jumps up an down and squeals with glee! * Sheila's back! I was getting very depressed without you! :) Glad you are enjoying this little fic so far,I have been having moments of doubt! [face_plain]

CHAPTER SEVEN

Palpatine ran an aged hand down the robe,smoothing out a small crease before pulling the hood up to conceal his face.Turning,he made his way to the sliding glass doors that led out onto the balcony.Huddling in the folds of the too large garment,he pressed his nose against the soft material in an attempt to inhale the faint traces that still lingered of its former owner.

His beloved master.The man he had worshipped and devoted so many years of his life to.Cut down in his prime by that insolent Jedi pup!Skywalker and his master had been a thorn in Palpatine's masters life for years.The idea that they had been the two individuals to exstinguish such a bright flame from the galaxy was unbearable.

As waves of rage built to an inferno,Palpatine hurriedly moved to his desk and activated a button on the computer.Feeding it his password,he stood back and waited in anticipation for what he knew was about to happen.

The blank screen flickered before a face suddenly filled up the monitor causing Palpatine to gasp in delight.The face of his master stared back at him.What had been the face inside the robe he now wore in honor of this man.

Tilting his head to the side,he drank in the sight of long ebony tresses and pale skin stretched over an elegant bone structure.Deep penetrating sapphire eyes and full lips that twisted into a mocking smile.

Xanatos deCrion.

His master had left him hours of video explaining in detail who he had been,and what had driven him.The Jedi's betrayal, particularly Jinn's and his history with Obi-Wan Kenobi.Even Skywalker's importance to the Jedi.

DeCrion had also left detailed instructions to help guide him down the path he now was forced to walk alone.As the door behind him opened,he quickly switched off the screen and turned to watch as a tall black cloaked figure approached.

His very own apprentice.Hand picked and trained by his late master in secret as a precaution.Dropping to it's knees,the figure bowed before him.

"I have failed my Master," a deep voice told him.

Moving around the desk,Palpatine hovered over his servant.

"What do you mean,you failed?" he snapped.

"Organa's security forces arrived before I could finish the job.Skywalker lives," the figure admitted reluctantly.

"You fool!" Palpatine hissed. "You had the perfect opportunity and you let him slip through your fingers?"

The figure stiffened noticeably as the head lifted,allowing Palpatine to glimpse a pair of cold dead eyes.He took a step back at the quiet menace he could feel rolling off of his servant.A servant he secretly feared he could no more control then he could have his late master.

"A minor setback.I will kill Skywalker,"the deep voice promised.

Swallowing his fear,Palpatine nodded briskly.

"We will wait for another opportunity to present itself.He is no match for you my pet," he commented.

Turning away from the still figure,he once again moved to stare out the glass doors.The distant lights from the Jedi Temple spirals reflected in his eyes.

"I will make them pay Master," he whispered.

His back turned,he was unaware of the cold stare that burned into his back.It watched as he once again pulled the robe up around his face in comfort.

20. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Uh-oh, who is Palpatine's apprentice? And what instructions did Xan leave for his padawan????

:_| Need more answers soon!!! :(

21. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    [face_shocked]

Oh, my, obi-ew, that is majorly evil stuff!!

And what exactly, I wonder, is Palpatine going to find out after watching that film Xanatos made?

Very compelling, obi-ew, and I look forward to more!

:)

22. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    he pressed his nose against the soft material in an attempt to inhale the faint traces that still lingered of its former owner.

[face_shocked] Eww. Palpy sounds sick, to me.

Wonderful post, oe! More soon please. :D

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    suzeran is making me very paranoid!

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Buckethead's son?

Mas Ammeda (sp?)

Bruck Chun??? actually- that would make sense...

Dammit o-e! I'm starving for information here!

Wonderful!

25. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    The figure stiffened noticeably as the head lifted,allowing Palpatine to glimpse a pair of cold dead eyes.He took a step back at the quiet menace he could feel rolling off of his servant.A servant he secretly feared he could no more control then he could have his late master. :eek:

I like this twist on Palpatine oe. In Faces he was really just Xan's little minion, so it makes sense that he is a bit befuddled here, longing after his master and scared of his own apprentice. I am curious about the identity of the apprentice. ?[face_plain]

Hey, thanks for jumping up and down and squealing over my return, that is the closest I will ever get to feeling like a rock star. [face_laugh]