main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Standing on Broken Dreams-AU-Obi/Ani/OC Face Inside Sequel COMPLETE 5/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 27, 2003.

1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ***Looks with wide eyes and yells, "HEY WHERE'S THE POST?!?" and crashes into a brick wall. "I'm ok."***

2. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Darn. For a moment there I thought Xanatos was still alive (he made a great villain). But alas, 'twas just a video of him. 8-}

From the first post: The murderous traitor who had killed his Master's own Master. Now that makes sense!

Funny that Palpy's afraid of his own apprentice!

**ponders the identity of Palpy's apprentice** Someone we know? **drums fingers on table** Hmm, someone Ani or Obi know? **waits patiently for next post**

3. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    of course you have another one and didn't tell me! Great stuff I'm seeing here... Xani has a son! And he sounds adorable, plus he's Obi's padawan. I also like Ani being a good guy for once...

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hm..That apprentise must be someone Ani knows, that would explain his silence.Xan began his or her training before he died?
    Had he let them train together and Ani never said that there was an other trained by Xan?

You have my mind spinning around here.

Vadey

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    uh oh. Palpie makes me shudder - keep him away from the xanitot!!!!

6. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Curious that Anakin don want to tell
    what he saw.
    Palpatine love what man...not. Thrilling post.

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002

JS [face_devil]

astro evil stuff :D Maw ha ha!

Cas :D He is sick!

Padawan_Kitara She has that effect on people! [face_love]

JKH [face_devil] * giggles*

Sheila I'm just so happy you're back! :)

d_p 2002 Ouch! That's gota hurt! :p

HHP [face_mischief] I'm not telling!

Nikita :( I'm sorry! Glad you like Xanitot! :)

Vadey :eek: Ideas! Thank you!

froggy keep him away from Xanitot [face_devil]

Aquas :) Thanks.

I know I told you I wasn't going to post on both fics the same day but I'm off today and don't want to clean house so you get double posts! :D

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Damn!" Anakin swore under his breath as he shoved the datapad away.

Feeling a bright inquisitive stare on him, he looked up to find Jivan studying him.Recalling what he'd just said he flushed at his lapse.Obi-Wan would kill him if he knew he'd just cursed in front of the boy.

"What's the matter?" Jivan finally asked curiously.

Anakin ran a hand through his spiked hair as he glared at the machine.

"Oh I just got this new datapad and neither me or Master Obi-Wan have been able to figure it out.It's too high tec! I'd rather have my old one back,but it deflected a laser bolt on our last mission,"he explained.

Sitting back,he watched in silence as Jivan moved to stare down at the offending piece.Sapphire eyes met his questioningly and he nodded his assent.The blasted thing was worthless to him anyway!If the boy broke it for good then he could request a new one.

Jivan reached out ,his bottom lip caught between his teeth and hesitated a moment.Suddenly his tiny fingers flew over the keys for a few seconds before he turned to smile at Anakin.

"It works fine!" he told the young Jedi.

Frowning,Anakin sat up and pulled the datapad closer.His blue eyes widened in disbelief when he saw the machine was ready to use.Turning,he eyed the boy in stunned admiration.

"How did you do that Jivan?" he exclaimed.

Shrugging,the boy pointed to a nondescript button.

"It's brand new so it needed you to introduce yourself to it before it could work.I just used your name as a password so you should change it for security reasons," Jivan explained.

Anakin's gaze drifted back and forth between the boy and the datapad for several moments.

"I can't believe a four year old was able to figure this out when we couldn't," he breathed.

"Five!" Jivan corrected him.

Chuckling at the offended look on the boy's face,Anakin reached over and ruffled the ebony hair.

"Sorry runt! Five year old," he repeated solemnly.

As they exchanged warm grins,the Council room doors opened and Obi-Wan came out.His concerned look relaxed when he noted the fiendly atmosphere between them.

"Master look!" Anakin exclaimed as he held the datapad up for closer inspection. "Jivan got it working!"

A russett eyebrow lifted in surprise.

"Really? I'm impressed and forever in your debt Jivan," Obi-Wan told the boy. "I was beginning to fear Anakin would slice it in half with his lightsabre."

He felt his heart lift as they both broke into delighted giggles at his words.His eighteen year old Padawan would be mortified if he could hear himself at this moment.

Allthough reluctant to disturb the moment,Obi-Wan knew he couldn't put off the upcoming meeting.

"Jivan," he called gently.

Those sapphire eyes met his unflinchingly,causing him to recall a similar stare. A cold hard unforgiving version that still haunted his dreams.Shaking off the memory,he squatted down in front of the boy and gave his tiny arm a brief squeeze.

"The Jedi Council would like to meet you now Jivan," he told the boy.

Instead of the fear he expected to see,the boy's eyes remained a placid pool. Smiling gently, Obi-Wan stood and quided the boy toward the towering doors with a hand on his back.Right before the door slid open,Jivan turned back and tossed Anakin a brief worried glance.

"Will you still be here when I get do

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww, I love papa Obi.

Another great post. I love the way you write all your characters, but I especially love the interactions between Obi, Anakin and Jivan. Like a dad with his two boys. I love the warm fuzzies like that. :)

Can't wait for more - and if you want to continue procrastinating on cleaning, please feel free to write more posts! :D

Shaindl

9. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Aww so cute. Wonderful chemistry between
    the three.

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    You left it there?

More now please...

(hey- you have the day off after all)

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    awwww, warm happy fuzzies!!!!

love the little computer hacker they are raising. can't wait to see what happens when he gets into the Temple's computers and resets a few things. reprograms the lunch menu. fixes a few assignments so that his Obi and Ani get sent interesting places (because no one really expects 4 yr olds to spell correctly, do they? I mean he Meant to sent them to Heth (the tropical beach planet that Ani might have been drooling over pictures of the pretty girls not wearing very much except flowers in the travel brochure). E - O, eh what's the difference?

** watches in amusement as a tropical-shirted and panama-shorted Ani bounds out of their ship, ignoring his Master's gentle 'pay attention to your surroundings, my young apprentice,' into his promised vacation carrying sunlotion, glasses, and a surfboard out into the rolling dunes of Hoth and turns blue **

oops. 5 year olds don't spell very well.

sorry, one of those bunnies got away from me again. maybe you might want to dust behind the fridge as well. i think there is a colony forming back there. i see little eyes glowing at me. ummm. ** hands oe the broom and backs slowly out of the kitchen ** nice bunnies, nice bunnies, nice b... eeeeepppp!!!

12. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW so cute and ani is even being nice... how wierd... but very good. love it.. more please.... yeah!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Cute little flashback. :D

14. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I love Papa Obi too, but I adore Big Brother Ani. :D

Sweet flashback, master. :)

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl :) Thank you for stroking my ego. I need to get busy writing period! Getting behind! :eek:

Aquas :) I'm glad you likey!

JKH NO! No posty for you! :p

froggy [face_laugh] lmao

RJK But this Ani is nice! :)

Cas :) Thank you kind lady!

JS :) Are you feeling better Padawan ?

16. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    GREAT! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!! I haven't really run into a brick wall before but I'm sure it does hurt!

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    OE, after all the nice things you've said to stroke my ego, the least I can do is return the favour! :D

Shaindl

18. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I love the portrayal of Obi-Wan and his padawans as family. Their interaction is very endearing. :)

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    d_p 2002 I'm glad you liked! :D

Shaindl [face_mischief] Watch it! I'm brushing up on my beta skills! Taking a cue from Shaindl and shamelessly upping myself! :D

* wanders off humming Linkin Parks new song * [face_love]

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila * sigh* They make a lovely little family don't they? :) [face_love]

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  22. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Awe..why no posty for me?

What did I do?

23. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    What a sweet little post. I really do like these interactions between Jivan and Anakin. :)

24. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    The three of them are realy sweet together.
    If you need ideas just feel free to ask.
    I will thing of something. (funny, stupit or even serious)

Vadey ( at your service)

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    postie for Phoenix just because