main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Shnonnie

Shnonnie Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    aww katie, school not treating you well :)
    well kit here's the reply that you've been bugging me for.
    that was great, not quite what i had expected but great

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    You know...I've waited for two stories to post this post and no matter how I wrote it it still didn't turn out how I wanted it. No matter...here it is, the post that will redeem my sithly-status and make you smile. :)

Kithera

Amy keyed the volume of the music player a little louder and jiggled Allicia on her hip.

?And there were girls with red dresses, and silver dresses.? She said, the doorbell rang and Obi-wan who had been watching silently hopped up to get it. ?And gold dresses?? Amy continued twirling the little girl. The boy returned a minute later with a spray of red alderaan roses.

?Seems that Anglesie has an admirer.? The boy said moving across the living room of the hotel and into the kitchen where the late-risers were having their breakfast. There was squeals of delight and Obi-wan returned a minute later rather red-faced, with his hands clasped dramatically over his ears.

?She like ?em?? Allicia asked innocently. The boy nodded in return and sat back down on the couch to watch their display. Amy twirled around and deposited Allicia on the floor. ?You dance, mummy?? the little girl asked, thumb halfway into her mouth.

?Yes, I danced.? Amy replied, ?Come on Obi-wan, lets show her.?

?No, I?m all danced out I?m afraid.? Obi-wan said. Amy sashayed across to where the boy was sitting and held out her hands. He shook his head but she tugged him to his feet and put her arms properly around his shoulders. They waltzed to the music; Obi-wan?s eyes never leaving her face. The music stopped and they stopped as well, both of them were breathing hard and Obi-wan had a slight blush to his cheeks as he dropped his eyes at the floor.

?You danced beautifully last night.? She prompted him nudging his cheek up with one hand; he glanced at her and then away and then back again. Amy frowned but before she could ask him anything, they had begun again as the music moved onto the next track. They twirled around the living room, each matching the other?s steps until she was almost exhausted. The music changed again and became slower and softer, Obi-wan dis-engaged his hand and placed Amy?s on his shoulder. He slid his other hand to her waist and then took smaller steps in time with the music.

Closing her eyes, Amy put her head on his chest, almost giggling at the sound of his heart going at what seemed like a hundred miles an hour. Raising her head of his chest, she found herself looking into a mesmerizing pair of blue-green eyes.

?Obi?? She asked unsure.

?Shhh?? the boy whispered and leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. Amy?s reaction was instant; she shoved him away violently and took several steps backwards breathing hard. ?I?m sorry.? Obi-wan said quickly, ?I shouldn?t have??
    ?
    That?s right.? Amy snapped back, ?You shouldn?t have! Now if you will excuse me I need to get some fresh air.?

The brown-haired girl raced from the room, slamming the outside door. Obi-wan sunk miserably onto the couch, ignoring his master?s voice asking him if he was alright.

//How dare he// Amy fumed to herself, //How dare HE! // She stormed angrily through the streets of Taa-bren ignoring everything and everyone in her path. She was furious with Obi-wan and that fact that he had tried to kiss her, furious with herself because for a few seconds she had liked the feeling; furious that he should have had more control, that she should have noticed how he felt about her?that everything had to come now?furious with Rohnin that he wasn?t there for her.

Amy was so angry she didn?t hear the cries of ?stop thief? until something large and heavy hit her from behind. She went down in a pile of limbs, her wrist making a sickening crunch as it hit the ground, her head knocking soundly against the edge of the stall. Dazed and confused she heard the kindly words of assistance as people helped her to her feet and sat her on the edge of the curb. Someone was holding a handkerchief to her bleeding forehead and she screamed in pain the moment anybody touched her wrist. She could only hear vague s

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray! Rohnin and Amy have found each other! And just in time, too! Now he can march over and defend his girlfriend's honour by punching Obi-Wan in the nose! GRR!

Okay, Kit, tell us the bad news. No more posts until after your exams, right?

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    In the immortal words of Darth Vader...YIPPIE!!!!!

He found her! Kit' that was just...just, so...

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Jane Jinn, I'm shocked that you would want Obi to be decked!! Oh, but wait a minute, I forgot I was reading a response from the Queen of Obi torture. :) Nevermind.

Poor Obi. He buys an expensive gift for a gal, gets all the signals from her, and she shoves him away.

6. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    YES! YEEEESSS! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Thanks Kit, but how come I have a feeling that this is not the end of this story...and something bad is going to happen? OR maybe I just know you too well!

~R~

7. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    :)
    yay.
    Thats so good. Rohnin found Amy.

Do feel sorry for Obi alittle though. The way Amy showed all the signals. like dancing with him and all that.. accepting gifts. Then when it came down to it. She Rejected him. She kinda reminds me of a girl i know. (Carol) . but anyway. Yep. That post could have been oh so close to a near miss again. If Rohnin had have kept walking thinking that the girl had enough people looking after her.

YAY. Happy now. Cant wait to see what happens now :) . Good luck for your exams / speeches and stuff Kit.

8. Katie_B

Katie_B Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    OHMYGODKITTHATKICKEDSOMUCHASS!!!!!
    ok..done now. woohoo!! yeah!!! superb! smashing! wonderful! awesome! fantastic! yeah! woohoo!
    *breathes a sigh of relief*....
    hang on. Don't you DARE do something stupid next...don't you DARE.

Seno Elgoun-doloun. Shichkeman.

9. Shnonnie

Shnonnie Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    hey that was great
    i'm so sleepy....

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy...they may have finally found each other but now I'm afraid that they're all going to have to confront some awfully confusing feelings all around.

Totally awesome Kit!!!

11. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Amazing? Wonderful? Jedi-like? Thank you Kit'!!

12. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    At last! ;-) Now... will Sonnet hand Rohnin over to his parents? Will Rohnin want to go? How will Amy react to Sonnet and Sonnet to Amy? Will Obi get caught in the middle? And what about Sir Maxwell? (obviously I've watched far too many soaps in my mis-spent youth) :)

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I don't know why everyone has gotten so optimistic all of a sudden, surely you should know my writing style long enough to know that nothing goes quite as planned?

Remember ROhnin and Amy bumping shoulders?

Remember Dmara dying at the end of Mind Games?

So, why do you expect that from now on it is only going to easy sailing? I've still got another book (and when I say book it is because Standing out is currently 60 pages and 33 675 words long) to go.

Not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, but unfortunately your going to have to wait until tonights post to find out the answer....

Kithera

14. lack-of-inspiration

Jul 30, 2000
    What happened to the post. ? you told Katie you were going to post at about 10:30 last night. and it never happend.. oh well. i probably wont get to read it till um tomorrow night.. well. cant wait.. even if it is bad. thats all part of a good story. and we all know that sometimes life doesnt go as planned. Unfortunatly for some of your characters life goes from bad to worse.. but.. I dont think that Rohnin is having such a bad time living with Sonnet. He didnt seem to mind that much.. he missed Amy. but that was all ok.. i suspect its going to get worse though..

Cant wait..
    Post Soon

15. Katie_B

Katie_B Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    so Kit..you decided to JARR us for somethign better last night obvioulsy and now all of your devoted readers must WAIT. better be good...

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    The only thing I Jarred you for was nausea! Trust me, it wasn't worth it! I'm actually writing a post now, but I got stuck and decided to have a break....I SHOULD be doing my maths and my drama but I thought that I should post instead.

SO there will be a post sometime in the next hour

Kithera

:p

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I rewrote this three times because I wanted it to be good and then I just went back and used my first one, except I changed it a bit so please excuse an iffy-ness. This will be my last post in a while because I have exams.

Kithera

Which would you choose?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What would I give to live where you live
    What would I pay to stay here beside you
    What would I do to see you smiling at me?

Just you and me, then I could be
    Part of your world.

A part of your world ~ Little Mermaid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rohnin wrapped his arms around Amy?s shoulders and rocked her back and forth. She shivered and moaned slightly as something touched her wrist. He couldn?t believe it; she was here, with him?in his arms for force?s sake. Rohnin wrapped one hand into her hair and pressed the side of her face against his chest. There was the sound of sirens heralding the approach of both ambulance and police transports.

?Rohnin?? Amy whispered repeatedly.

?I?m here.? Rohnin whispered back stroking her hair. ?I?m not going to leave you.?

?Ever?? Amy asked fearfully.

?Ever.? He confirmed. She sighed as he continued stroking her hair, what he had said was true, he wasn?t going to leave Amy now. Not for anything in the world, not even for Sonnet. He would ring the princess and let her know what was happening, she would understand?wouldn?t she? If she didn?t he would wait until the people Amy was staying with arrived and then explain it to them, hopefully it would be Master Jinn and Obi-wan. Rohnin tried to control his whirl winding thoughts and concentrate back on the whimpering girl in his arms.

?Shh, sweetheart.? Rohnin said calmly, ?Shh, you?re going to be alright.?

The crowd parted to let two ambulance officers through; one knelt beside Rohnin and Amy as the other laid out the medical kit on the pavement.

?What?s your name?? One of them asked her kindly. Amy didn?t say anything, he glanced down at her, she was still breathing but Rohnin realized that she had fainted against him.

?Amy.? Rohnin answered for her as the ambulance officer began checking her pulse, ?Amy Shropten.?

?And you are?? the ambulance officer asked.

"Rohnin Darkhil, I?m Amy?s friend.? Rohnin replied. The medic glanced at the slave bracelets around the boy?s wrists as if to say ?sure you are? but he didn?t ask him any more questions. The man propped her up against Rohnin so that he could apply a small bacta pad and then both of the medics helped to slide the girl onto the stretcher, lift it and then roll it towards the waiting ambulance. Amy moaned and her eyes flickered open to land on Rohnin who was walking besides the stretcher.

?Stay with me?? She asked softly her good hand catching his own.

?I?ll stay with you.? Rohnin replied, ?Forever and always.?

Rohnin rubbed the back of Amy?s good hand as she slept peacefully on the hospital bed. Her black curly hair was fanned out around her face, Rohnin soaked in every detail of her, the way her eyelashes rested upon her cheek, the way she breathed, even the way she frowned when she was asleep. He had called Sonnet, when he had arrived at the hospital but no one had been home and he had been forced to leave a message with one of the other slaves. Some of the nurses were calling around the hotels trying to find out where Amy was staying.

Except for when the doctors had literally forced him from the room, Rohnin had been refused to leave Amy's side; stroking her hand or talking to her. Amy?s frowned again in her sleep. Six months had gone by since he had seen her, she looked older and yet there was a vulnerable touch around her face, she was thinner too. Rohnin turned Amy?s hand over marveling at the softness of it as he stroked her fingers. He wouldn?t leave her again; nothing in the world would convince him to go.

?Rohnin Darkhil?? It was the nurse from around the door. ?There is a holo-call for you.?

?Thank you.? Rohnin said standing up and taking a deep breath; he wasn?t looking forward to talking to Sonnet. He loved and cared abou

18. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ooohhh... eat your hearts out Luke and Laura. (yes it's been that long since I indulged in my soap addictions) ;-) Now I just have to hold on until the next episode...uh... post.

(Good Luck on your exams)

19. Katie_B

Katie_B Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    *insert agonising scream here*
    Kit! That was SO MEAN! OH MY GOD!! DON'T DO IT!!! PLEASE!! I BEG YOU!! JUST LEAVE HER WITH ROHNIN! I'LL CRY IF YOU DON'T!!

oh...that was awesome. so well written. eh...please dn't be evil. I'm your friend and I promise I'll even dress up as a stupid waterlilly if you don't do it!

20. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Ohh Kit! That is just sithly...he doesn't really have a choice does he. That was evil and how come I just know it gets worse from here on?

~R~

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hey, Rinin, how's your own fic coming along? Don't forget it!

Well, I think I can guess who's behind that unknown shooter in the marketplace! Somebody whose last name rhymes with the word Pig!

Poor Rohnin, caught between two women who both need him. Well, in view of those binders around his wrists, he should write Amy a nice note, telling her (and everybody else) where to find him, then trot on home!

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Last post in a while??? I send wishes of luck with those exams Kit.

What will poor Rohnin do??? LIke Jane, in light of those binders I suppose he must return to Sonnet, but not without leaving detailed instruction on where he'll be.

Now the question is why Sonnet's parents, how would that grant a certain someone access to Sonnet???

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Excellent as usual Kit'!!

Oh, ye suffering gods!! When do you NOT have exams?!?! It seems like they're cropping up every couple of weeks...whoever designed your school system was surely born in the lower depths of Hades!

How DARE they distract attention away from fan-fic!! *grin*

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    KIT! MEANIE!!!!!!!

Okay, so you could say the same about me for not posting Sonnet's big evil part in my story, but hey, i'm a busy girl.

Dude, my blood nearly froze today as we were driving down the freeway. I was counting all teh out of state lisence plates, and I saw this one, and all it said was a word and a number: SONNET6.

It was freaky.

oh well, I'll post when i have some free time from school. (HA! free time? Home? what's that?)

25. lack-of-inspiration

Jul 30, 2000
    Um. yep. I dont know what to say... I hope it all works out. but I fear it will not. Cant wait for the next installment.. goodluck for exams..