main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Gals only

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Matara_Healbo, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I used to have a wall o'things I liked. It ranged from SW to Ash from the 'Evil Dead' movies to comics I read to Tori Amos and finally Rocky horror picture show. I had to take it down cause well I was moving.

Calli

2. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    You know Callie I'll do that whole Han thing, even though those two actually pronounced it the way I do.

Yes this does seem like the whole Star Wars Chicks thing but for some reason it always says I can't get on so I did this one for this board. When I took my older sister to go and see TPM she was going gaga over Obi-Wan, I had to get another copy of the Star Wars Insider with the fold out poster of him for her. She doesn't even like SW in the first place. Okay I do admit that Luke kissing his sister was nasty but did he really kiss her or did she kiss him? Besides he didn't know she was his sister in the first place. Picture it this way, would you think any of your brothers are cute if you were not related? I would see mine as funny but not cute.

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I know, I have heard it pronounced both ways, but the few I dated that said it Haan, they ended up being losers. So I just associate it that way. I know it may sound weird.

I always forget about going to the Star Wars Chicks website. So I like having this thread here. Cause I go here everyday.

Calli

4. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Thing is, George Lucas himself has said it both ways!!! It's said both ways in the trilogy!!!!

What gives???????

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I know its very confusing. I say it the way it sounds more pleasant to my ears. Saying Haan, just reminds me of all the cowboys I went to school w/ and their thick accents.(I'm from Oklahoma BTW) and it always grated on my nerves.

P.S
    Please any cowboys that read this thread, please don't be offended by my remark. I know not all cowboys have accents. It just seems the only 1s I meet do.

Calli

6. darth_morgana

darth_morgana Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2000
    I just wanted to see SW because it was SW and at least 5 stories, hundreds of posts, about 10 viewings combined of all 4 movies, a love of the soundtrack, an almost completed fanfilm script and yes, an obisession later I'm still a SW chick.

My fave PT char. are Jar Jar, the Queen, little guy and Mace Windu.
    My fave OT char. are Luke, Han, Leia, Yoda, Vader and the Emperor.

My universal fave is Obi-Wan. I do have a bit of an obisession with his PT self, but I like his OT self because he's one of the legendary char.

7. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Hi! Amy here!

Well, countless times i've gotten the "SW freak stare" in my life! Especially in 7th to 11th grade or so. It got tiring...but I still kept on reading my EU, and covering my notebooks with SW images!! I was probably the only hard-core SW girl fan in my class. Point!

BUT i DONT CARE! Cuz i looove SW!
    I watch SW because it is simply magical! It takes us to a galaxy far far away with so many many species and planets! Not to mention the adventures! SW is a movie that, a)is not idiotic at all; b) it is not a deepp psychological movie.... therefore, you can just sit down on a SUnday afternoon, click to TBS (or your VCR) and just watch these great movies!

.......Then there's Ewan... but , hehehe I wont get into that! :)

I've met some SW dudes, but they were involved in some way or other with my roomate, and I wont get into that kind of trouble ;)

8. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    See I've met a lot of hard core dudes but they were all too weird to hang around much. They were only good for standing in line and getting my tickets for TPM. I don't think I have ever met a real hard core female fan face to face, usually they don't admit that they like SW. I personally don't care what others think of me, hey I drive a beat up 1976 VW that doesn't work half the time I usually get strange stares and now I'm so used to it they don't bother me.

I really did have a point in posting today but I forgot.

9. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Matara,
    In 99 before TPM came out, I met another die-hard SW female fan in my hometown. I live in a tiny town, so this was a HUGE deal to me. I mean I have met female SW fans on-line, but never in my home town.It was funny, 1st time we met was in the toys at Wal-Mart and didn't like each other at all. We didn't become friends until we were in line for our TPM tickets. That summer if memory serves she saw TPM like 22 times. (saw it 10) Anyway, she's probably my best friend.

Ok, I have rattled enough.

Calli

10. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Consider you only get the "Star Wars freak" look. I get the "all around freak" look. Maybe cause I'm the only girl in the entire school scheduled to take "20th Century American Conflict" next year. People just tell me I'm a freak, they don't even stare, everyone just tells me that. I mean, gosh, I love Star Wars, and I've been getting it for years. It never ceases to fail. First Star Wars, then Beatles, then World War II, and all three together really makes me a freak I guess. I don't really care, but it's annoying.

Ah yeah, SW guy fans are rare around here. There is one guy that is a mild SW fan, and we have these stupid data match things, and what do you know? Number 1 on my list. Everyone finds him annoying though; I don't know them much though.

11. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    ArnKyle, oh don't get me wrong! I used to get the "overall freak" stare! I've liked the Beatles since God knows when, and in junior high some boys and girls used to snicker at me... F them! I dont care! And other stuff, too, like Star Trek.

But when I started 11th and 12th grade People got easier to deal with and I met this really cool SW fan dude....well didn'meet him... but I didnt know he was a SW fan :) i ended up liking him....but he didnt like me :( Oh well...

Enough ranting!

12. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    Heyy, the other day I was flipping though the new Seventeen Mag and TOTALLY fell in love with Hayden!

WHY? Because he's a RADIOHEAD fan! And so am I!

Radiohead is one of the greatest bands of the 90's! and 2000's!

13. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    This is a question that has been floating around in my head, you know bumping into nothingness and what not. Any who, do you think it is harder for a Star Wars actor, meaning; those who start out in Star Wars, have a harder time getting other parts because people type cast them? What are your thoughts? Yes I know Harrison Ford didn't fall into that path, but he also worked hard at it so the people in Hollywood would see him as somethin other then Han Solo.

14. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I think it is harder. I mean an SW actor has to work twice as hard not to get typecast. Perfect example is Harrison Ford and the pains he took not to be typecast.

Other side of the coin, look at Mark Hammil. He will forever be typecast. Don't get my wrong I am a Mark fan. Other than his voice-over, most of his current film are some form of a sci-fi film. I know after Jedi was over he tried not to get typecast and went to Broadway and from what I read had a successful run there, but when he tried going back to Hollywood,all they knew him as is Luke Skywalker. Somewhere I remember him saying in an interview, "people in Hollywood only remember you by what your last film was."

Well those are my 2 cents.

15. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I was talking with someone a few days ago and I was just wondering if anyone else agrees with me on this. Do you think most movie makers will put a Star Wars actor in their movie just because they were in Star Wars and thinking people are going to go to the movie because of that actor or am I just being crazy?

You can also look at Carrie Fisher, she did a lot of movies inbetween ESB and ROTJ, but after that nothing really. Yes there were a few films but people usually remember her as Princess Leia. If I were her I would be so sick of the cracks about cinniman buns on her head.

16. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Matara, I think so. Good example is Ewan McGregor. He has been offered alot big name projects, like this Moulin Rouge movie that supposed to be out in the summer w/ Nicole Kidman. He's not doing just the low budget art flicks anymore.

I don't think Carrie Fisher really has been typecast. Yeah, she'll be forever known for her cinnamon buns. But she broke the typecasting by establishing herself as the best script doctor in Hollywood. She saved the movie 'Sister Act' and tons of others. Plus she is well established novel writer as well. If any of you haven't read 1 of her 3 books. I highly recomend you do. Out of her 3 novels, "Surrender the Pink" is my fave. Plus I just saw a trailer for this movie called 'Heartbreakers' w/ Sigourney Weaver in it, anyway Carrie has a small part of playing her lawyer in it. I'm glad to see she's acting again. Last thing I remember seeing her in was 'Drop Dead Fred'.

~Calli

17. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    I too, get the freak look. But you know what? I'm proud to be a SW fan and if others don't like it, tough luck. I always give those people a 'I'm so sorry for you because you don't know what your missing' look.

18. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I am so used to the freak out look that it doesn't bother me. I used to get it along w/ several comments in high school mainly freshmen year. But by the time my senior rolled around. Everyone knew I was into SW and didn't give me crap about it. Cause they knew I was comfortable who I was and nothing they could say would rattle me. When the SE came out , it was my 1st year in college, so the day of the premiere I wore my hair in a Leia like fashion. Like for ANH I did the cinnamon buns. ESB i wore my hair like she had hers on Hoth and ROTJ I stylized it like it was on Endor. I had tons of ppl. grinning at me on those days.

~Calli

19. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Don't forget, Carrie also made a cameo in "Austin Powers".

But I'm glad she's acting again too.

20. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Oh yeah Yanksfan!

I totally forgot about that 1.

21. queen_amidala89

queen_amidala89 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Hi!
    I love Episode I, and my fave character is Amidala, so that is why I obtained this name. Anybody here like BSB???
    Connemara, if you are there, Hiya!!!

Luv,
    THE QUEEN

PS: did you see the post called your sw name??? My name is Kespu Neiyo.

22. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey Callie,
    I found another way to ask guys to see if they are duds or not. Ask them how to pronounce Rancor. For me if they pronounce it like Raincor then it's right. I did a book report on the Courtship of Princess Leia and a neighbor of mine had a toy Rancor so I asked to borrow it. As I was walking down the hall to my class some guy said "Oh look a "Rancor," I nearly blew up at him for pronouncing it wrong. I later found out he pronounces Han like hand, I stayed as far away from him as possible.

23. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Oooo...never thought about that 1.

You know I think as a list us 'Star Gals' need to complie a list on how to tell a guy is a dud.

1. Pronounces Han as in Hand.

Thats cool you did your book report over Courtship. 1 of my faves. I did a speech my 1st year in College about what the prequals were supposed to be about. A friend of mine found this article from 93 back when Lucas said he wasn't gonna do the Prequals. Anyway my speech was waaaay to long. Course it didn't help that I was sick and so stopped up that I could hear myself talk. It was like getting the worse case of feedback ever.

Calli

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    add to the list:
    2. another pronuciation error. If they don't pronounce Rancor as Raincor.
    3. They are more in love with the female star wars characters then you. Yes I know in dating you may love that person or not but if he is a fan and all he can talk about is Mara, Leia or Winter then I would have to say it is time to dump the bumb.

Let's see how long we can make this list.

25. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I told my sister about how to tell if the guy is a dud or not. She's going out with one tonight, she's to nice to tell him to back off and go away. I think along with this little list we should try and do some Star Wars put downs, you know when the dud actually asks you out. The guy my sister is going out with tonight I think he's the type of guy who would have the ring by the second date, that's another big turn off right there. Now I'm just rambling.

Here's a question for anyone. Why don't guys get to know the girl before they ask them out? You know so they know where to take them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.