main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star (no) Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Seagoat, Nov 8, 2014.

1. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I would love a sports-movie set in the future of the Star Wars galaxy after the Skywalker line has completely wiped out the Dark Side (or something like that). All Jedi are athletes who play in a zero-gravity arena, batting a laser blast around with their lightsabers and trying to score it against a goal.

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Sounds almost like space Blitzball

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Now that would be the Star Wars movie I never watched :p

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I really think they have to make a Star Wars version of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead -- a play/film based on Hamlet that tells Hamlet's story from the POV of that play's 2 least significant characters. It could be called R2-D2 and C-3PO Get Mind-Wiped. It would tell the story completely from C-3PO's and R2-D2's perspective. It would have a little action since Artoo zaps a few things in the Saga, but in large part, it would follow 2 mostly bored and confused droids in a universe they can barely understand populated by people whose motives make little sense to them.

5. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    While it will never happen, I would love to see the spin-off films portray the GFFA in every possible genre. Comedy, noir, romance, drama, avante guard, b&w silent, horror. Set aside a non-canon line of, ahem, small experimental films and let directors/producers have at it.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I always thought a movie about the droids could be interesting. Like something about, all throughout the galaxy the droids revolt.

"If droids could think, there'd be none of us there, would there?"

Based on the other side of that premise. But in this case they really could think-they've just been biding their time...and now the Jedi have a galaxy FULL of droids to slice through... ;)

Star Wars: DROID UPRISING

7. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Back like in 1977 when George was planning 12 films, wasn't he saying he would make one on droids, one for wookiees, and one about something else I can't remember?

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup. The one with the Wookiees didn't turn out too well though.