main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story ~~[Star Trek 2009] Beyond The Power of Words -- Mushy One Shot ~~Replies~~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Beyond The Power of Words - Spock/Nyota
    Author: Jade eyes
    Characters: Spock/Nyota
    Fandom: Trek 2009
    Genre: Romantic reflections in a series of sequential scenes
    Summary: From acquaintanceship to soul-bondedness Spock reflects on his divine state, not to be traded with that of kings. Know that's right.
    Disclaimer: Own nothing but a heart brimming with adoration and the words. ?She Walks in Beauty? belongs to Lord Byron ? but even when I read it ages and ages ago, even before ST 2009, it was written for darling Nyota.
    A/N: Thanks to Mira for the invaluable beta. [:D] And thanks to all for clicking. @};- :D

~~~~~~~~

When he first heard the clear low melody of her voice, she was speaking most eloquently on the semantics of poetry across all times and cultures. "A Tellarite couldn't appreciate Shakespeare or Dickinson," she was saying, "but they cannot appreciate much." Her eyes rolled expressively. "But even with all the changes in language, and the diversities of culture, a Betazoid can appreciate classic Andorian poetry. The themes of love won and lost, of victories and tragedies transcend and strike an empathic chord in the audience."

Her friend, a striking lady with auburn tresses and green eyes laughed. "And when the person reading the poem is in love already ..."

She laughed. "I wouldn't know what you're referring to."

"Haven't found Mr. Right yet." Her companion joked.

"I'm not holding my breath, either." She rejoined.

She waved to her friend and turns to enter the lecture hall, and they nearly collide. But they step aside in time. Their eyes meet and hold, and hers are deep and sparkling. The planes of her face and the curves of her figure are definitely captivating to those who are inclined to notice such things. It is fortunate, Spock reflected, that he was not.

~~~***

"Oh, that was just too marvelous!" Uhura exclaimed as she took the holostills out of a plasticine cover. "I went to the Freedom Center during semester break, and it was one of the most moving experiences I've had to date.?

He came to stand by her chair as she flipped through the pictures. "The moving mural of all the victims' names is especially poignant," she went on, "as are the epitaphs from the family and friends."

?When I reflect on such incidents,? Spock commented, ?It is with the hope that history will not repeat itself so tragically, and that nations will learn to live in peace.?

?It took a long time and many false starts,? she replied. ?I hope you don?t think your people have the ultimate, best solution??

?It works for us,? he replied, ?but we don?t foist it on others or claim to dictate the universal rightness of our path.?

?There?s good to be found in the logical way, but it does have its drawbacks, you must admit,? she said. ?As does anything that is held to too stringently.?

?I do not dispute you, Ms. Uhura.? He replied.

?No, but I like discussing such things with you.? She smiled and there was a soft glow to her eyes as she scooped up the pictures. One of them slipped from the pile and would have fallen off the desk had Spock not grabbed for it. Their hands lightly touched yet did not linger.

Unbidden, a thought whispered through his mind, Ms. Uhura is the most stimulating, outspoken of my acquaintances. It has been truly enriching working with her this closely.

~~~***

?Is it that late already?? Uhura exclaimed. ?My, Gaila will tease me shamelessly ? if she even notices when I get back. She thinks we?re working pleasure in with business.?

?Indeed?? Spock asked.

Uhura blushed. ?I do not know where she gets that idea. I certainly haven?t given her any cause.?

?You do not find our times together to be pleasant??

She answered: ?No! I mean, yes. I do ? but she means ? we?re not working but we?re engaging in ? recreation, leisure type activities.?

?Given the proclivity of Orions,? Spock said with a wry note, ?I do not want to speculate on the nature of those.?

Uhura blushed even further and made a hasty exit.

Spock watc

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very sweet!! I think my favorite of yours so far :) Lovely addition with the poem!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, first off, I have to say that I loved how you formatted this. I loved the sneak peaks, so to say, that you gave to their relationship ? from start to years down the line. [face_love] It was a beautiful journey that you drew us on.

Personally, I think that this is the best piece you've written yet ? which will explain the breakdown that I'm about to give. [face_laugh]

What? I had too many favorite parts to choose from! ;)

The planes of her face and the curves of her figure are definitely captivating to those who are inclined to notice such things. It is fortunate, Spock reflected, that he was not.

From the get-go this guy is doomed! [face_laugh] I loved the first moment ? Nyota's opinions, beautifully voiced, and Spock 'noticing' her without noticing. :p

?It works for us,? he replied, ?but we don?t foist it on others or claim to dictate the universal rightness of our path.?

?There?s good to be found in the logical way, but it does have its drawbacks, you must admit,? she said. ?As does anything that is held to too stringently.?

Great arguments on both sides. [face_thinking] I loved how this snippet went back and forth. Marvelous characterizations here. =D=

Spock watched her go with a speculative gaze. His eyes lingered on her for longer than could be considered needed or professional. Of course, her outfits were always attractive, her fragrance pleasing. Yet, lately it seemed that he was noticing such details more ... intensely.

lol!!! [face_laugh]

Oh yeah, he has it baaaaad. :*

The day they began their new relationship in earnest, Nyota worked with a single-minded diligence. However, there were times when Spock caught her perusing the same document more than once, even the same page.

?.

"Perhaps," he said after a moment, "Now we can concentrate a bit better?"

Perfect perfection on top of sheer perfect perfectness!! =D=

This part just left a smile on my face. [face_love]

Their first evening together in shared quarters she lay close with her sense full of tranquil ease and gladness. Gradually, she moved her hand to clasp his between them. Then, she moved closer and laid a gentle hand on his shoulder as light as thistledown. She moved closer still by degrees, almost imperceptibly. Her dark eyes asked a question regarding closer entwinement.

[face_love]

And it just keeps getting better . . . :D

"Now I see what you mean," Nyota said one evening with an eye roll after a joint conference of a continental triumvirate held by she and Mr. Conrad.

"Do you indeed?" Spock asked with a wry note as he gave her a shoulder rub.

"He almost inadvertently insulted the third triumvir's second wife." She sighed into the touch.

Great comedic relief!! Oh, but poor Conrad is a blast to torture, isn't he? ;)

Yolette beamed. "Mr. Bradley logged that your transponder was jammed but he and his team were able to find your last known location precisely and get to you fast thanks to that very trusty lifebond of yours." She squeezed Nyota's hand. "Your sweetie went charging in and didn't even wait for Bradley and company to go in first. He took out the slimeball who was trying to hold you, like a squad of Jedi with ignited lightsabers."

I loved the cross fandom reference here. ;)

And the whole scene in general ? a possessive Spock or fiercely protective one is a sure fire way to get the heart all a thumping. Beautifully portrayed, with a perfect mushy wrap-up. I love Yolette's character. :D

"That is a most excellent suggestion." He said. "I was thinking of two options: venturing on missions of an urgent nature only or signing on to a scientific/first contact vessel and going on whatever assignments they received. I will be satisfied with either course. Consider carefully, and I will defer to your choice."

I love this look into the future ? the mental image with the English cottage and ivy ? and kiddos! Oh yes, that was enjoyable

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Awwwwwww. Mira I just want to let you know the more I read of your works the more I want to read!

I loved the poem as well and you captured Spock perfectly!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for reviewing so kindly. @};- To say this is my best -- [face_blush] This piece was very therapeutic because my undies were in a tight wad over erm ... Pocket Books and their deferral of publishing the new Trek novels -- I almost said Del Rey [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Anyhow, I love them so much I just had to chronicle this in second person in lieu of first. :D :)

Huggles!!!!

:)

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very beautiful and exquisite. Nyota's journeys and travels with Spock deepen with each story that you tell. Excellent as always! [:D]

7. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    :eek: Ok so I came back to re-read this and noticed I said Mira instead of Jade Eyes! Oops!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi RX -- thanks! And Raphire -- lol! That's a compliment -- a serious compliment.

[:D]

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.