main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Drats, I was drinking while reading this - bad move on my account, as my computer almost had a very nasty fate with my mocha. [face_laughing]

That said, you have to know how much I adore Gaila. That gal was just the right bit of flirty and teasing, and your Nyota's reactions to it were spot on and perfect. Hot and bothered indeed!! [face_laugh] Oh, it only gets worse (or better) dearie! ;) [face_whistling]

Particular faves:

She actually accused him of consulting me on spurious matters, and the two of us for whiling away his office hours in long chats. Even if we did, it didn?t mean a thing except that we were good friends with common interests. She did not buy that spiel, and I was finding it hard to convince myself.

Bah! I loved how outright denial faded to : 'even if we did'. Oh, that poor girl is hopeless and she diesn't even know it yet. [face_laugh] As always, Gaila is just too observent for her own good. [face_laugh] *Hot* indeed. [face_love]

When I ordered Chinese, as I did regularly (sushi more so), I must say I wanted to frame the picture of Spock using chopsticks. .... He was quite proficient, but ... oh dear, the butterflies ... the strangest things caused a heart flutter. I felt quite, as the words to an old love ballad said, bothered, bewitched, and bewildered.

Oh, I want a picture of that framed and on my wall too! How cute that mental image was. And as for the last line - all that and more!! Oh, how I loved the tone you struck up here. Just the right bit of oblivious mixed with denial mixed with adoration. Yep, a definite win. [face_love]

Thanks for the brillaint read!! [:D]

[face_cheesecake_squggles]

~MJ @};-

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, very cute!! I love Gaila :)

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Nope, don't want off the PM train.

"Are you sure that's the *ONLY* reason you're about to burst?"

:D

Good entry. :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WHEW working together with Spock [face_love]:* That's nice and what a lovely update showing her emotions=D==D=

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    She can't ever fool Gaila. :p

Obviously, Nyota positively adores spending time with Spock. I'm pretty sure the feeling's mutual.

Oh, the butterflies. [face_love]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RX ? thank you! Yes, Gaila?s a surprisingly good confidante LOL and fun too ;) To read and to write! :D And I?d be bewitched too. Hmmm, I am, and have been for more years than I can count. :D

Mira ? thanks dearling!!!!! Your Gaila and Connie?s Anja helped a lot with the tone surrounding the Gaila/Nyota convo. Oblivious/adoration/denial ? great mix that [face_laugh] And I love that particular blend when L&M are in that particular mode, and when they come out of it, especially into mushness :D So you know when Nyota and Spock emerge from it ? 4th of July x 3!
    And that picture ? don?t ask me to give it back ? because I?m NOT in love -- [face_laugh] Uh-huh. [face_laugh]

Nat ? thank you! Gaila?s a trip! :)

Daena ? Thanks! I have a feeling that wasn?t the only reason either :D

Earlybird ? working with Spock would definitely be a pleasure. [face_love]

Cei ? ah! You know it on all counts! And mutual feelings ? that is a beautiful thought isn?t it. Squee! A whole buncha butterflies! :D

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Not much gets by Gaila when it comes to men and romance. She can't help herself! And isn't it good that Nyota listened to her?

The picture of Spock using chopsticks is brilliant.

Great update! I love how this is turning out.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet diva :*

Yes it is a good thing she listened. :D [face_love]

And that image -- raptures! [face_melts]

Thank you for reading! [face_love]

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I wanted to frame the picture of Spock using chopsticks. .... He was quite proficient, but ... oh dear, the butterflies ... the strangest things caused a heart flutter. I felt quite, as the words to an old love ballad said, bothered, bewitched, and bewildered.

[face_laugh] [face_love] =D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey -- [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Glad you got a charge out of that part. :D I have a lot of years of loving to draw from and it's bigger and hotter than ever [face_laugh] Great fuel for the stellar mush to come. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Putting S/U together in a love relationship -- sheer genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This introduces two OCs, Sherralyn Walthrop and Graeme Carlisle.

Entry #4

Sherralyn Walthrop was another cadet, on the same career path as I ? brilliant and very attractive with waves of red hair with hints of gold and vibrant green eyes.

We ate lunch together regularly, at least a couple times a week. One noontime, we were eating fettuccini alfredo and she was twirling the pasta around her fork. I haven'f found that improves the taste, so I just eat it without all the preliminaries.

"Are you going to the upper-class social?" she asked when I was still serving as Mr. Griffiths' assistant.

I rolled my eyes expressively. "Gah! All those fatuous gropers with their specious come-ons! I don't think so! Either that, or you get the really intense ones who want to bore you to death with their vitae and details of their thesis."

She laughed. "Nyota! You don't want to give those blokes the time of day, do you?"

"Nor the night, either." I answered with disdain.

"I met one that's a friend of my roommate, who's doing his residency at the local hospital, and he's a guest lecturer on the facets of triage," Sherralyn said, "No! Don't say it! He's actually good-looking! He has blue eyes, black hair, and a chin with a cute little cleft. He's on the medical track, and he has a great "bedside manner" for it, funny and easy to talk to. And, best of all, he's not full of himself!"

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Graeme Carlisle."

"Well," I sighed, more to be able to say I'd at least given it a go so don't ask me again, "I'll at least meet him."

I wore a sequined low backed dress that night. Graeme came to my door with a corsage, no less! I smiled. He seemed to have what I like to call chivalric charm. He was quite entertaining too, full of stories about the vaguaries of med school and the pranks of the older interns on the incoming residents.

He danced very well too, and at the end of the evening, he placed my lace shawl over my shoulders with a smile. I was surprised what a good time I'd had.

At my door, he gave me a friendly no-strings kind of kiss. No sparks went off, but it was nice enough. He asked for my comm code, so I gave it. I found I wouldn't mind hearing from Graeme again, but it wasn't an urgent "can't stand it!" kind of feeling.

Strangest most baffling thing, I had no way of judging, no reason to even ponder or ask, but during my evening with Graeme, and particularly our several dances, I kept wondering how it would be to share such an evening with Spock.

Gaila even caught me out in one of these sweet contemplations when I should have been writing up a pop quiz for the next day's class. I blushed and hotly denied it, but I did not fool her for a second.

+++++++

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Strangest most baffling thing, I had no way of judging, no reason to even ponder or ask, but during my evening with Graeme, and particularly our several dances, I kept wondering how it would be to share such an evening with Spock.

Gaila even caught me out in one of these sweet contemplations when I should have been writing up a pop quiz for the next day's class. I blushed and hotly denied it, but I did not fool her for a second.

Yeah, she's TOTALLY busted! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

13. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's thinking about Spock even while dancing with Graeme definitely foretells her real feelings and then Gaila not being fooled definitely seals it.

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Ah, a competitor for the affections of the fair Nyota! But she's already fallen and she just hasn't fully acknowledged it yet.

I like your OCs. They're good company for our girl.

Nice update!:D

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awwww!! She soooo likes Spock :p Very cute!! Some interesting OCs - will they be back?

16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    "Gah! All those fatuous gropers with their specious come-ons! I don't think so! Either that, or you get the really intense ones who want to bore you to death with their vitae and details of their thesis."

She laughed. "Nyota! You don't want to give those blokes the time of day, do you?"

And there's no reason she should have to, either. (Go Spock! Go Spock!)

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

Oh, you have to know that I am adoring this, hon!!!

You have Nyota's voice down pat - and I know that I say that a lot, but each time I read this I am struck by it anew. There's a perfect mix of denial and adoration here . . . Ah, the early days. [face_love]

Fave parts:

"Gah! All those fatuous gropers with their specious come-ons! I don't think so! Either that, or you get the really intense ones who want to bore you to death with their vitae and details of their thesis."

Oh, why would she when she has that waiting just a little down the line . . . [face_batting] [face_love]

I also loved the last line with Gaila, ah - how I adore that girl!! [face_dancing]

Great job with this, as always!!!!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

18. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Thinking about Spock while being with another man...

tsk, tsk.

She's got it bad. :p

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey ? Hee! Busted is right! And transparent [face_love]

RX ? Yeah, the thinking about someone else while you?re dancing with another ? surefire sign LOL :)

divapilot ? Thank you! Nyota?s moving closer to admitting/recognizing her true feelings. :cool: I figured it would be interesting to throw a theoretical competitor in there ;) i.e. someone who thinks they have a chance. [face_laugh] I also wanted to introduce a confidante :) Glad you like my OCs. [face_dancing]

Nat ? Thank you so much! Yes, the OCs will make periodic further appearances. :D

Daena ? LOL! You said it lady!!! SQUEEEEEEE! [face_dancing]

Mira_Jade ? Thank you! I love Nyota so much, it?s easy to write in her voice. And why indeed would she want anything or anyone else? Early days of oblivious burgeoning into awareness are a sheer blast to write! But woot! Once the romance starts, sheer mushy nummy!

Ceillean ? Got it bad is right. Thanks a lot for reading!

A/N: This brings in the intriguing and lovely Miranda Jones from the Trek TOS. :D

Entry #5

As time went on, Graeme and I saw each other on and off. We weren't an official couple or anything; we just enjoyed each other's company. We liked old style vids and jazz. My friends would ask me what was keeping me from deepening things with Graeme. I told anyone who asked that I just was not interested. My day-and-night reveries were increasingly taken up by one with compelling eyes, a brilliant mind, and a breathtakingly beautiful soul (and the rest was super-fine too!) I would not even engage in casual after-hours drinks with fellow students in order not to give the wrong impression. I knew no one could distract me or divert me from the growing affection and attraction I was feeling.

Whenever I would casually mention Graeme in my chats with Spock during our breaks from work tasks, I'd catch an almost-glint of something in his eyes. I knew my tone was not especially fond ... I was just recounting a pleasant afternoon or evening's outing with a pal. Yet ... I almost felt compelled to insist that Graeme and I were just that ... friends. But if I did doubtless (I assumed), I would get a response along the lines of: "It is irrelevant to me if you are romantically involved or emotionally engaged, and you are not obligated to explain such, in any case." And I couldn't help but think I'd be disappointed by that reaction and would hate to believe it to be so.

It was during this time that Gaila and I had our heart-to-heart. I knew I could no longer deny the sweet feelings that were growing stronger by the day. Graeme had never pushed for anything deeper, but I seriously wanted to go down a deeper, new road with Spock. I decided to confide in Sherralyn and in another friend of mine, Miranda Jones.

Miranda was a xenopsychologist. She was part of Sherralyn's circle of friends, so naturally we became friends also. Miranda could come across as quite intense. She is blind from a congenital disorder from a rare genetic fluke, and she used a sensor web that allowed her to whip the socks off anyone with a tennis racquet or a basketball--and in piloting sims, she flew rings around most anyone.

She had me rolling on the floor ? literally - one evening during a "girls night". She'd brought the Kung Pau shrimp, Sherralyn the wine and Asian salad, and I, the dessert fanatic, banana split cake with, of course, cheesecake as the main ingredient!

We were talking about men and their ... one-track minds.

Miranda said: "With my web off, men think they can feel me up, and I'll not notice until it's too late. Of course, at a party I have it on, and I can tell them I can sense their hormones ramping on infrared ... what do they know?" She was strikingly lovely, so one would assume she had to fight them off quite a lot.

"And with some guys, like Vulcans, you have to know not to touch when either of you are thinking certain naughty thoughts." Sherralyn said with a knowing wink.

"Yeah," I said in all seriousness, "because if you do, they'll sense how hot you think they are ...

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Fun girls night! I [face_love] girls nights . . .

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Girl, you know that I adore this Miranda OC! ;) [face_laugh] I feel almost a connection with her. ;)

And this whole entry was just a load of fun!! Gal pals are the best for setting you down the right path and helping you decide what to do with yourself. I especially adore them when they're moving a certain someone to another very special certain someone. ;) [face_batting] [face_love]

As for particulars: :D

My day-and-night reveries were increasingly taken up by one with compelling eyes, a brilliant mind, and a breathtakingly beautiful soul (and the rest was super-fine too!) I would not even engage in casual after-hours drinks with fellow students in order not to give the wrong impression.

Super-fine? Gah, is there a proper adjective we know or could coin that would encompass the whole of the super-fine-ness? [face_laugh] [face_love] Loved her decision here ? for my biased reasons and more. [face_love]

"With my web off, men think they can feel me up, and I'll not notice until it's too late. Of course, at a party I have it on, and I can tell them I can sense their hormones ramping on infrared ... what do they know?" She was strikingly lovely, so one would assume she had to fight them off quite a lot.

* chokes on drink* Oh, I mentioned that I love this OC, right? Because I do. ;)

Miranda answered: ?That?s the first step then: tell Graeme where you stand in no uncertain terms. As for the other, be as obvious as you need to be. You know what signals to send.?

I reeeeeeally like her. That was perfect advice. =D=

?What if my feelings aren?t returned?? I asked. It was hard to voice aloud what was actually standing in my way.

Oh, sweet darling Nyota! [:D] All will be well!

?Better to find out than to hesitate and lose the chance,? Sherralyn said gently. ?I have a feeling they are, though.? She smiled warmly.

Perfect friends Nyota has here. The lot of them.

I loved that last line there . . . Oh, they're returned times a hundred more!! [face_laugh]

This has been one of my favorite entries yet!! =D=

~MJ @};-

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    She's got some great friends! :D

=D=

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    But if I did doubtless (I assumed), I would get a response along the lines of: "It is irrelevant to me if you are romantically involved or emotionally engaged, and you are not obligated to explain such, in any case." And I couldn't help but think I'd be disappointed by that reaction and would hate to believe it to be so.

Huh... that's probably not that far off the mark for Spock. He doesn't show his emotions, but hides them... represses them. And... I totally lost my train of thought because mom was talking to me, but I love the insight Uhura has here that she can predict what he'll say if she does bring it up.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely OC that's asking for Uhura. And I love the interactions with her students=D=
    Excellent update=D=

25. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    More great interaction with her friends that she has made during her academy days. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.