main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Love's Unfading Splendor (Vigs) ~Thanks for Noms!~ 08-15-11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Love's Unfading Splendor
    Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Humor, romance
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love. :* [face_love]
    A/N: Beautiful snapshots of a love divine.

PMs sent upon request.

Huggles!!!
    ~~~~~~

The Upside of Chess

The first time Nyota plays chess with Spock, she is his student.

She had lingered after his posted office hours, keeping many another cadet impatiently waiting in the hall before they finally gave up and turned in for curfew.

While a part of her knew this was not logical, she rationalized the event in her mind by saying that she had much to speak on. It was needed for her to stay those extra hours (despite what Gaila inferred!)

When their conversation started to slip away from linguistics and other academic topics, she found herself listening to his likes and dislikes even as she divulged her own. When she found out that he played tri-level chess at the level of a master, she divulged that her grandfather had taught her the basics of the game, but she had not played in the years since his passing.

Spock was only too happy to show her the particulars after so long a time away from the game.

Nyota had grimaced. "I will be fearfully rusty." She warned.

Yet, she was eager for him to show her.

His voice took on a soft, lilting cadence when he spoke of something near and dear to him. While his tones were still level; his manner of speaking still precise, his affection somehow managed to seep into the syllables of the words. She soaked up the words and the beauty of his voice.

A part of her wondered if this heightened sensitivity to his nuance was a change on his part, or a change in her ability to read him. The thought settled low inside of her, like butterflies in the hollow places inside her heart. At that time, she did not stop to call the feeling anything more than affection ? respect and an unacknowledged attraction and professional courtesy all mingling together to form an odd and lovely pattern of emotion in her.

When he finished refreshing her memory on the rules governing each peace, he started to show her particular moves ? defenses and offenses and blocks and sneak attacks that were so human at times that she had to try hard to hide her grin at them. She found herself falling into the ebb and flow of the game easily, as always it was easy to let him guide her, instruct her. It was second nature for her to take what he said and apply and master it. He won every game, but she found herself learning quickly enough to earn his simple, ?Well done,? at the end of every round.

Eventually, she found herself at peace with the increasingly more frequent evenings they were sharing. It became something she awaited with eagerness.

Academic matters had long since been put behind them, and they had started speaking about anything and everything. She of her family and studies and ambitions. He of his more fascinating anecdotes from his classes, and his time serving with Captain Pike on the Exeter before he had settled to teaching to await a position aboard the Enterprise.

It was easy to play on instinct and not pause to analyze her every move as she took to watching him more often than not. With time, her ability and confidence grew.

He had a concentration when he played chess, a determination to master and excel that darkened his eyes and added a glower to the straight line of his brow. His hands danced with the pieces as he moved them, elegant and graceful in the harsh light of his office, and she had to pause more often than not to direct her attention to where it should have remained ? like on the game.

Her friends and sister remarked on her sudden penchant for buying an antique, rare chess piece here and there, until she has a full game set made of the finest teak in glowing mahogany. She simply replied that it was for a chess aficionado and a very dear friend. (So very dear!)

She gifted him with it, and his eyes shone at her thoughtfulness.

When their relationship changes from friendship to soul-bondedness, they sti

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh! This was just too much fun!! I loved how you played around with the game as a whole, and with her and him bonding over it . . . [face_love]

Nyota blushes. "Those hands of his -- the way they move -- the pieces, I mean -- I get all absorbed, he asks me if I'm concentrating; I say definitely, but only on him. And that's it for the night."

LOVE! [face_dancing]

Anyway I can get on that PM list? [face_batting]

[face_dancing]

~MJ@};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like this!! Nice use of the present tense, and the background is really cute :D The last line just cracks me up :D

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Chris laughs and takes another slice of apple crisp. "And why's that?" She winks.

Yolette laughs. "I can guess."

Nyota blushes. "Those hands of his -- the way they move -- the pieces, I mean -- I get all absorbed, he asks me if I'm concentrating; I say definitely, but only on him. And that's it for the night."

"For the game, anyway." Chris quips, and they laugh.

[face_love] Loved this part of the conversation. We all know what happens when the game is suddenly forgotten [face_love]

Loved the post

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great feedback @};-

~~**

Gentle Repast

It was a chance meeting in an intrasystem transport hub. Nyota was saying goodbye to Miranda who was transferring to a research facility stationed near Mars.

Sandra was returning from a conference on Luna on a hobby of hers: partial G jazzercise.

Sandra recognized her from the vids frequenting the 'net.

She screwed up her resolve and introduced herself.

"Oh, it is so wonderful to meet you! I spoke to your sister just briefly; she impressed me as a warm, loving person." Nyota exclaimed as she and Sandra enjoyed tea and crumpets at a nearby tea house.

"Oh, she was!" Sandra smiled, her brown eyes sparkling. "I do have to admit though, when she introduced me to Sarek ..." Sandra gave a rueful laugh. "But by the time that week end was over ..." She beamed. "I could see what they saw in one another."

Nyota's eyes were soft. "Yes, Vulcans do have a -- unique, inescapable allure."

Sandra's laugh rippled and she gave Nyota's hand a quick squeeze. "Oh, you even sound like Amanda did right then!"

Nyota laughed in turn. "I do wish I'd had the chance to get to know her better."

"What little she implied of you led me to think she held the same high opinion of you, and the same wish." Sandra replied.

Nyota took a jam-covered scone and sighed. "How did she and Sarek meet, anyhow?"

Sandra grinned and took a second flaky crumpet. "Work, actually. Work projects brought them together; first it was lunches to discuss and iron out details; then they started running into each other at social functions, and the rest was history."

"And all the other guys in the room were dull as dried out toast in comparison, I'll bet." Nyota winked.

Sandra grinned. "So she says."

"I can believe it."

"He took her for a boat ride up the Sound near Seattle to propose." Sandra grinned. "You know what she said? "I thought you'd never ask.""

They both laughed.

After that light bit of refreshment and warm exchange, Nyota and Sandra agreed to keep in touch.

Sandra told her husband, Vaughn: "That Miss Uhura is a gem. Spock and his father both are blessed to have her as part of their family."

Nyota's conclusion on Sandra, which she shared with Kashore and Spock as well: "She's as sweet as I imagine Amanda to be. I feel like I have a bit of Amanda in my life now."

+++++

:D :)

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    That was so sweet. I loved the fact the a chance meeting lead Nyota to know more about Amanda and Sarek, through her sister nonetheless.

Vulcans can be easy to fall for right?

[face_laugh]

and I sorry I didn't reply to the first one. I can only imagine Nyota's distraction watching Spock play chess. I mean that is hawt!

=P~

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Such a sweet post :)

I can't wait for the next update

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh yes!!! It's up!!!

(I got kicked offline last night, so here I am now. :oops:)

And I am so glad to get to know Sandra through these! She's so warm and easy-going - like Amanda in so many ways. [face_love] I'm glad that Nyota was able to paint her portrait of Amanda more fully, knowing this woman. [face_love]

"Oh, she was!" Sandra smiled, her brown eyes sparkling. "I do have to admit though, when she introduced me to Sarek ..." Sandra gave a rueful laugh. "But by the time that week end was over ..." She beamed. "I could saw what they see in one another."

lol!!! [face_laugh]

Oh, I can imagine! [face_love]

Thanks Deb, for this beautiful snippet!

[:D]

~MJ @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

I did so enjoy giving Nyota a deeper sense of Amanda @};-

Now, this was just plain FUN!

:D

~~~~~~

Now, We Can Get to the Fun Part!

When it came time for departmental evaluations, Nyota knew whom to recommend for her second and immediate back-up: Janice Rand.

Her competence was impressive, and her steadiness in a crisis was commendable.

Watkins -- he was showing a high degree of aptitude, despite the fact that he had almost conceived a crushing upon her.

Conrad -- she sighed. He showed some promise, but he had a sporadic kind of prowess. You never knew when he would let fly with some inopportune turn of phrase.

As XO, Spock reviewed her recommendations and added a final commentary, which would be taken into consideration during the weekly "business" meetings.

Spock was of the opinion that Conrad just needed a bit more encouragement, although at first he'd been as dubious of Conrad's talents as Nyota was.

Nyota teased him by saying: "You just don't want Watkins around as much."

"That hardly enters into it." He rejoined coolly. "I cannot believe you would even entertain such an idea. I am sure that I would never ascribe your praise of him to a desire to work with him more closely."

"You know better than that." She grinned.

He replied curtly: "As I hope you do of me."

She just chuckled. But when his written recommendations ran counter to hers, it made her wonder if he were questioning her professional judgment as well.

It was not that she didn't believe he could hold a different opinion, or wished him to deny the actual nature of his considered views, but still...

It rankled.

When he suggested they have lunch in the arboretum as was their custom, she returned distantly: "I promised Yolette lunch today."

All these undertones and undercurrents didn't escape Jim's notice. He remarked quizzically: "You seem to have gotten on the Lieutenant's bad side." He winked. "Time for a treat of chocolates and roses, I'd bet." He was thoughtful. "What is it that she's annoyed over, do you think?"

"I believe it's the crew recommendations." Spock returned.

Jim grimaced. "I read your evaluations. They were rather ... sharp. Even if I do agree about Conrad." He concluded in a conspiratorial aside.

Halfway through the after noon part of their shift, Nyota's frosty demeanor started to thaw. Part of this was due to the fact that she never held onto irritation very long, to Yolette's happy and cheerful lunchtime conversation, and by the depth of her loverly affection.

When she entered their quarters that evening, it was to find a platter of red velvet cupcakes on their work table.

The attached card read: "My own: I have it on good authority that chocolate effectively restores an equable mood. Please accept this treat and my apologies."

She beamed and took a bite of the chocolatey moist cupcake. It was still warm.

"mmm. Delicious." She murmured in happy satisfaction.

Spock came in at this point and wrapped her in a warm hug. "I hope those meet with your approval?" He murmured in her ear.

"Oh they do." She answered, turning in his hold so that she could return the embrace. "Thank you."

"I apologize ... the last thing I ever wanted to do was to make you feel I was questioning your professional competence and judgment. Your astuteness is beyond dispute." he replied sincerely.

"I was just startled by the vehemence of your recommendations, coupled with the fact they differed from mine; but once the surprise wore off, I realized your true motives. Another thing is beyond dispute. I hate being on the outs with you."

Spock observed: "I did notice your glare had lost some of its frost halfway through the day's shift."

She laughed, wrapping herself even more tightly around him. "Yes, I'm a softie, but that's our secret!" She grinned mischievously. "Now we can get to the fun part ... "making up"."

As he kissed her soundly in full agreement, she thought: Next time, we'll skip the momentary tiff and leap right into the good pa

10. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    *slides in, breathing heavily*

Sorry for the late reply, its 9pm on a Friday night and well I'm bored at work.

So i am getting to my replies...

Ohh Spock....you got in trouble!!!!

And Jim noticed. Yeah Spock did do something bad!

When she entered their quarters that evening, it was to find a platter of red velvet cupcakes on their work table.

The attached card read: "My own: I have it on good authority that chocolate effectively restores an equable mood. Please accept this treat and my apologies."

She beamed and took a bite of the chocolatey moist cupcake. It was still warm.

Yes chocolate does wonders...and fix anything! At least for me and Spock oh Spock...

Making up is always fun to do!!!

Great job! I loved them!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "My own: I have it on good authority that chocolate effectively restores an equable mood. Please accept this treat and my apologies."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That cracked me up :D Very sweet!! And making me want cupcakes . . .

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Master Jay -- LOL! A nummy combo, what? =P~

Nat -- Glad to know you're a foodie too :D

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Heart-Stopping Day

Nyota met Yolette on the way to the briefing room. Yolette's eyes were sparkling.

"This new technology!" Yolette said enthusiastically. "Mr. Scott is beside himself: he can't wait to get the specs."

Nyota laughed and teased: "You can't either."

Yolette gave a happy nod. "You know it."

The specifics were these: A scientific mission on Reialtos VI leads to sabotage by those who don't want anyone to use the technology -- some bit of hardware/software to make shields stronger and able to keep up with fluctuating situations without having to be locked into manual control and that also allow them to be taken out when needed if a computer glitch happens then the operator can instantly resume control.

McCoy voiced the opinion that the Security better be extra tight.

The Captain replied that it most certainly would be: Johnson and Bradley were never ones to be caught napping.

"How likely is an act of sabotage?" Sulu enquired. He would be at the helm of the diplomatic shuttle with the third party mediator and the science team.

Yolette had remarked: "Of course he doesn't want anything untoward to happen, but he wants to show off his flyboy moves."

Janice had joked: "At the helm console, you mean."

Yolette had grinned: "Naturally."

"One can never say for certain." Jim replied, "But one must always prepare for it and hope it doesn't arise."

For some unknown reason, Nyota felt her gut twist at the thought of something happening. She tried to push it away but the niggling thought remained:

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

It happened suddenly: the gravity compensators abruptly gave out. A flurry of communications followed between departments, from the bridge to the shuttle and back again. Nyota deftly handled them all, concentrating intently on making sure all messages flowed unimpeded and free from even potential interference. Her hands were a blur of motion. Jim spared her a quick, approving glance. Her skill and composure never cease to astonish.

But under it all, she was anything but composed. Nyota knew that if a conflict erupts, or an unforseen accident/disaster happens, the away team can be lost in less time than it takes to blink. During her psychology and command track courses, this was something heavily delved into; she had thought she was mentally braced for the potential of it happening. Some dealt with it by not getting too close on a personal level; she couldn't do that, particularly when one of the team members owned her heart, mind, and soul.

Part of her was furiously twisting in pain as the small shuttle outside of the Enterprise hurtled to the planet below (dear God, let me be selfish, just this once).

Yolette was at the transporter controls. She had learned from the very best and knew how to tweak and get more than the designers even speculated.
    Yolette was thus able to snatch them out with seconds to spare with fancy transporter timing.

There was a collective sigh of relief on the bridge. Nyota gripped her console edge, feeling as though she could breathe fully and freely for the first time since the crisis occurred.

The Captain demanded an investigation be launched.

The debate raged as to whether the talks should be suspended. If they are, have the culprits won? Will they try something again, and succeed in taking out innocent victims? Or will they shy away? If the talks aren't suspended, would this not send a message that there will be no capitulation to terrorists?

A compromise was reached: an independent investigation, continue the talks only after the preliminary results are in and tighter precautions are in place, including not broadcasting the particulars until they are concluded.

They had scheduled a gals' night well before the day's worrisome events and decided to go ahead with it anyway. (Yolette and Nyota had told Chris however that they would be cutting it extra short

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    You know, if you have a bad feeling about something, then something bad will usuall happen. or trouble will arise. It's only logical!

And I couldn't help but laugh as Nyota saying she had a bad feeling about this. Glad to see a SW reference!!!

I love to see gal time, especially when they both work miracles and need to let it all out!

Please keep them coming!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved exploring the sitch where Nyota and Yolette both have an intensely anxious moment; seemed reasonable to expect it could crop up. [face_thinking]

This one's pure fluff LOL In the vein of Let's Make a Habit of this.

[face_dancing]

~~~~~~

A "Secret" Shared Becomes an Anticipated Habit

"Thank you so much, Commander Radcliffe for the suggestion." Nyota called over her shoulder as she stepped into the lift. As the doors slid shut, she breathed: "More like Ratchet."

To her complete surprise, and quite a pleasant one, she found Spock was already there.

Her professional mask slipped away as she moved to his side. "Are you going where I'm going?" She grinned and slid an arm around his waist.

?According to Starfleet regulations section III, article IV, paragraph ten; this would be deemed as an inappropriate use of Federation public spaces.? He replied, at his most didactic, but his eyes shone with inner mischief knowing she enjoyed this sort of thing.

?I'm sure that it was more of a footnote,? she teased.

?It was indeed a paragraph ? five sentences, eighty-seven words, five-hundred-eighteen characters -?

?- Spock?? Her eyes danced, and her voice caressed the sound of his name.

?Yes, Nyota??

?We can keep it a secret,? she purred the suggestion; one hand stopping the turbolift even as the other stole under his uniform top. Her lips were warm against his neck, and his skin was hotter still. Being this close to him warmed her up from the inside out, and she savored it wholly.

She felt gentle hands trace up her sides - then drawing her even nearer still, and his tone was thoughtful. ?There was nothing in the regulations against that.?

"If there are," She whispered back, between very warm kisses: "I wouldn't object to pressing the Del key on that particular section."

++++++

:D

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Turbolifts! Yes!!!!

That was mushy all around! I loved it!!!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Inspired by TKeira_Lex's very entertaining Masquerade [face_mischief]

~~~~

Friendly Persuasion

"Nyota." Spock's tone was firm. "I know that the Preator has asked that the Enterprise's senior staff come to the celebration ... but I will not be attending the masquerade ball afterwards."

"Why not?" She asked, her dark eyes sparkling eagerly. "Lands, Spock, but you would make a splendid Dartagnon. Or Mark Antony." Her heart did flips just thinking about it.

Spock's eyes darkened appreciatively at the mental image of Nyota as Cleopatra.

Nyota was warming to the theme. She grasped his hands in hers, relishing their warmth, as always. "Or I could be Zenobia, the last Queen to defy the Roman Empire." She grinned. "Or Hippolyta, and you could be Theseus." She winked.

She leaned in and feathered light kisses along his jaw to his ear and back again to his lips, where she lingered for a very long, breathless moment.

When they moved apart, both of them had to recall the train of the conversation.

"Well ..." Spock said after a pause.

Nyota beamed. "Is that a yes, my love?"

"It's an "I'll consider it."" Spock replied, and though he tried to make his tone quelling, his eyes had a mischievous glow.

She hugged him exuberantly. She knew she'd more than half persuaded him.

Truth be told, Spock rather enjoyed her mode of persuasion as much as she.

++++++

Happy sigh.

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, it is wonderful to come back and see all of these up!!!!

You are so food for the muse. [face_love]

Especially the last one - persuasion, indeed! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

~MJ @};-

18. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I totally did not see that the last one was up...my bad

How can Spock say no to Nyota anyway? He knows she'll always win!

All women do...[face_laugh]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Companion to my Contemplating What Comes After -- Nyota shares some laughter and sweet confidings with her mom and sister.

Total Eclipse of the Heart

~~~

Nyota finished recounting the dust-up she and Spock had had a couple days before over expanding their family. "I always knew I wanted kids especially since one mission where we rescued children whose parents had been caught in a raid by space pirates. There was one little girl who just tugged at my heart. She was so cute, and she took to me instantly and trusted me to bring her safely to her mommy and daddy again." Her eyes glowed at the memory. "And her older brother," Now her smile took on a decidedly rapturous glow: "hit it off quite splendidly with Spock. Who, I might tell you both, after an initial hesitance, developed quite an affinity with him and his two friends."

Akilah's eyes were soft as she dug into the large bowl of shrimp salad the three of them were sharing. "He is very easy to warm up to, my dear."

Kashore grinned in happy agreement.

"Ah," Akilah teased now, "So I don't have to depend solely on Dajan and Kashore to give us more grandkids to spoil and coddle shamelessly."

Nyota laughed happily. "Doesn't look like."

Kashore reached for a crusty piece of warm baked bread and dipped it into the basil and oregano and Romano sauce. "A school chum of mine named Jean-Marie shipped out to a remote starbase, way out on the fringe. She met a Klingon scientist and actually has bonded with him." Her eyes shone with speculation. "Very fierce and intense joining that will be. Rather like with a Romulan, I'd expect."

"Much better than with a Tellarite." Nyota grimaced.

"That is one image I do not need." Kashore rejoined, and they laughed.

"Vulcans do rank at the very top for the hotness factor," Nyota added. "Gaila and Miranda both informed me of that most definitively, and now that I have my own firsthand evidence ..." Her eyes were dreamy.

Akilah rested a hand lightly on Nyota's and asked in all seriousness, her eyes full of a frank and loving concern: "Were you put off even slightly by the ponn farr prospect?"

Nyota took a sip of berry lemonade and replied earnestly: "I did get the basics in my xenosociological course and consulted doctors and healers both. I know that it can be a very intense experience and that there is a vast difference between he and I and that the physical imperative laid upon him at such a time will be formidable ... but I was assured that measures can be taken to mitigate those, and yet, above all these reasons, I trust him implicitly."

"Rather like a very intense joining between Jedi." Kashore winked.

"You know it." Nyota beamed. "There was a reason Mara Jade Skywalker and Eliziya Durron called their husbands "master", you know, besides their official rank title."

They all laughed heartily.

"After one such consultation, I had a lot to mull over, I'll admit, although no qualms or reservations. My darling love had many of the same concerns you just voiced, Mom. And I was more than willing and eager to allay them."

Nyota was rereading a chapter of I, Mara Jade one of her all-time favorites when Spock came in from a round of 3D chess. He knew she'd been in consultation with Dr. M'Benga that day and what they'd discussed.

Her smile upon seeing him was warm. She put down her book and reached for him as he joined her on the sofa.

"Hello, my love. Shamelessly trounced the competition again, I don't doubt." She grinned proudly.

"It was a closer game than usual. I admit to some degree of abstraction." Spock answered, sliding one arm around her waist while holding one of her hands tightly.

"About?" Nyota asked.

"Your consultation. And your ... decision."

She gazed at him tenderly. "It went excellently. But, what decision is that?"

"On ..." He trailed off, and his grip on her hand tightened. He then released her hand to lightly touch her cheek and then initiated a melding.

It all came to her in a rush: his fears sh

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I feel a hankering for a good Luke/Mara fix, now. [face_laugh] Thank goodness I have a superb recommendation waiting up for me. [face_laugh]

This was lovely, as always, Jade! Your 'Contemplating What Comes After' is in my top ten of favorite Spock/Nyota stories to read! and I am so happy to see anything from you that deals with the same vein. [face_love]

"Ah," Akilah teased now, "So I don't have to depend solely on Dajan and Kashore to give us more grandkids to spoil and coddle shamelessly."

Please, for the love of everything good in the world, I would love to see Akilah pose that phrase to Spock! Oh, the green blush that would come! [face_laugh] [face_devil]

"Much better than with a Tellarite." Nyota grimaced.

"That is one image I do not need." Kashore rejoined, and they laughed.

Jade, the mental image! Have pity on your readers. :oops: [face_laugh] ;)

"Vulcans do rank at the very top for the hotness factor," Nyota added. "Gaila and Miranda both informed me of that most definitively, and now that I have my own firsthand evidence ..." Her eyes were dreamy.

*Mira's eyes go dreamy.*

[face_laugh]

Akilah rested a hand lightly on Nyota's and asked in all seriousness, her eyes full of a frank and loving concern: "Were you put off even slightly by the ponn farr prospect?"

Someone has done her homework for her baby girl. [face_thinking] I adore Akilah's frank openess and the whole atmosphere that held over this conversation. You do family mush very well! =D=

"It was a closer game than usual. I admit to some degree of abstraction." Spock answered, sliding one arm around her waist while holding one of her hands tightly.

[face_love] Adorable Vulcan, him!! [:D]:*

It was the first time she murmured: "Master" in his ear with a trill of adoring laughter, but nowhere was it the last in all their coming days and years together.

[face_whistling] =D=

Thanks for such a beautiful little moment! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: [face_laugh] Cannot wait to post-itis has struck again.

Ah! To love as I do -- and I do.

[face_love] [face_love]

Duh!

~~~~~~!!!!!!!

Who's Complaining, Not Me!

When Dajan came in and found Kashore taking a hot casserole out of the 'cooker, he grinned and scooped her up and spun her around.

"How was work?" She asked around a laugh.

"Great. Just finished a major project today. You?"

"Only one meeting, instead of the usual five or six." She winked. "Our department passed a surprise inspection with flying colors."

"I told the kids they could sleep over with friends tonight." Dajan remarked with a warm smile.

She beamed happily. "Any particular reason? Are you trying to romance me or something?" She teased.

He kissed her soundly. "You know your mom and dad are renewing their vows at their next year's anniversary -- so your sister can attend ... well, I was thinking," here his eyes took on a tender glow: "we could do the same."

Kashore gave a very girlish squeal of delight. "Oh!" She exclaimed. "I have to comm Nyota and tell her right after dinner!"

"He did?" Nyota beamed in happy delight. "Oh, he deserves a ... special reward for that idea."

Kashore grinned mischievously. "He's even more of a romantic than I am."

Nyota gave a gentle sigh of pleasure. Her eyes were soft as she replied: "I'm making the same discovery; I'm getting a shoulder rub as we speak."

"Nice!" Kashore chuckled. "I'll let you go then. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

"I have no doubt." Nyota replied warmly. "You guys, too."

Nyota ended the transmission and leaned back into the loving touch that was now wandering from her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes were closed, and she gave a low purr of contentment.

"The Prefect's Undersecretary did insist on a dance with you," she mused thoughtfully. "I noticed you obliged her."

"I felt that would fill the requisites of protocol." Her love replied.

She turned to face him, and her eyes danced with laughter. "I noticed also that when she tried to grope your backside most inappropriately, you ended the dance very rapidly, I'm glad to say. What did she say when you did?"

"She could say nothing, my love. I told her you and I were bonded and in any case, no one save you has the right or the permission to engage in such touches, and all the more so in public."

Nyota gave a triumphant trill of laughter. "Yes!" Then she cupped his face in her hands and bestowed very happy kisses, tantalizingly teasing his lower lip with her tongue, which made him seize her firmly in turn and reciprocate ... most pleasantly.

After a few long, breathless moments, she drew away and grinned while giving his most appealing backside a tiny squeeze. Spock?s eyes glinted at her. /You are totally irrepressible./ was the fond observation.

Nyota chuckled. /I do love you so; I can't seem to help myself./

"I'm totally ready for bed," She said aloud. "After that long round of talks, it probably won't take much for me to fall asleep; however," and here she borrowed from the Durrons' page of loverlyness, accompanied by a suggestive sway to her hips: "If you wake up before me and are even the slightest bit bored, feel free to wake me; I won't complain. I'm sure I can chase the ennui away, my heart."

"Of that I am certain, ashal-veh." Was the tender reply.

+++++++++

Woohoo nummy!

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I will not squee like a maniac, I will not squee like a maniac . . .

Gah! :oops:

Too late!!

Kashore and Dajan are getting to be too awesome for words! And the mental image of Spock and the lady's . . . advances, brought a smile to my face. Oh, we need an expansion on that! [face_thinking]

Not that I can blame the lady for trying. [face_whistling]

[face_laugh]!!

~MJ @};-

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    WOW, I'm starting to see the 'logical Mr. Spock' in a whole new way... [face_blush]

This is GREAT!

=D=

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all: Thanks for the sweet comments.

Hazel!!!!! :* :* Welcome!!!

A/N: This is not an official Victorian Quote entry LOL but I had to use this quote. :D :D

"Her countenance was all expression; her eyes were not dark but impenetrably deep; you seemed to discover space after space in their intellectual glance."

~ Mary Shelley, ?The Last Man?

Her Eyes and a Brief Touch -- Sweetness Lingers

When Nyota sets up her work station, she fills it with family holostills and flowering plants. Her industriousness is accompanied this morning by her humming various lively melodies.

She looks up and catches your eye as she straightens from sliding a few data-discs into their desired compartment.

"Good morning." She grins. She picks up a framed 'pic and puzzles over where to place it.

Nyota, Kashore and Kiana are captured in bathing costumes, as they race across a clear lake on jet skis.

Nyota's hair is loose and her smile is in her eyes and curves her very full lips.

You find yourself looking at those lips for longer than strictly necessary, and she blushes.

"This was Kiana's last vacation with us before she got married. She's two years older than Kashore and she wanted Kashore to keep her pet toy poodle when she moved off-world -- but Kashore said that with two such rambunctious kids, she didn't need a pet underfoot." She chuckles. "I was never one for pets growing up." She sighs in rueful memory.

Her countenance is all expression; her eyes are not dark but impenetrably deep; you seem to discover space after space in her glance.

"Did you have a pet growing up?" She asks idly, finally deciding on a spot for the 'pic.

"A seh'lat." You reply. "It was only half-tamed; we had rehabilitated it after it was inadvertently shot by a tourist to a preserve. We kept her until she grew too old and had to be euthanized."

Nyota's eyes are wide with delighted wonder. "Miranda told me about those: teddy bears with six-inch fangs, she said they were described in Xenozoological Wildlife. Miranda has all kinds of memorabilia in her office, even mementos from her middle school and primary school days." She grimaces. "I was so studious even at those ages it put many of my peers off except for those of a similar inclination ... not that I couldn't or didn't want to have a good time -- but I developed a certain reputation ..."

"I had a similar experience -- particularly given my unique heritage." You remark composedly, but something in your tone makes her glance over sharply. She comes to perch on the corner of your desk; she lifts a hand as if to reach out for a spontaneous hand clasp but she reconsiders and clasps her hands in her lap instead. But there is something soft in her eyes ...

"Dajan's uncle was indicted for embezzlement -- so when he moved into our area, there were so many who looked oddly at him -- as if that sort of thing were catching, but once they realized what a terrific person he was and that his parents were upstanding citizens, they warmed up to him. Our family was one of the first to welcome him irregardless of the "guilt by association." She grins. "He took to my sister right off -- and she to him."

"That was a very admirable and courageous thing for your family to do in the face of so much negative pressure, Nyota." You praise warmly.

Now, she does touch your hand lightly, fleetingly in thanks. The touch is charged with many things -- and the amazement lingers in her eyes and in your veins for moments after.

++++++++

A touch as fraught with current and future significance as Luke's brief touch when he gifted Mara with his father's lightsaber. SQUEEEEE!
    Melts!!

JM77 is responsible for this L/M echo LOL

25. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Fifty_Sentences_Sock Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2010
    EDIT: I'm a blonde. :oops:

[face_laugh]

In the sock still . . . :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.