main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Love's Unfading Splendor (Vigs) ~Thanks for Noms!~ 08-15-11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] You're insatiable. :p

As always these were a treat. I especially liked the latter one - very nice job describing the bond! The words were perfectly selected for that. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, I'm insatiable, all right. [face_love] [face_love]

~~~~~~

An Obscured Mirror

During the unusual translocation with the barbaric bridge crew, Spock had noticed immediately that the other Uhura was different.

This was to be expected, of course, but it was -- off-putting in the extreme.

This other had her voice, but it was cold and harsh, not holding the warm, melodic tones he was used to. And the eyes -- his Nyota's eyes were loving, lively, and compassionate. The alter's were cruel, assessing, and cynical.

Where a bond should be with an "Uhura" this close, there was silence. The bond with Nyota was attenuated, not the near and almost-tangible wonder he was accustomed to.

"Well," The savage Uhura crooned upon seeing him, "Aren't you a feast for the eyes? My Spock is too focused and vigilant to give a lady a moment's thought. And the rest of the command staff -- all bores. But you --" She licked her lips.

"Ma'am," Spock told her firmly, "Your comments serve no purpose in returning you to your own time and place. Further, if you must know, I am promised to another. In your world, that may not mean anything, but in this one, I assure you, it does."

Now, with Nyota curled snugly in his embrace, it was a source of profound relief to feel her through their bond as he knew her to be.

She smiled softly, catching the train of his thoughts.

"My darling, sweet love. It is definitely wonderful to be home, with you, again."

He ran a hand lightly along the curve of her cheek. "It is not something I wish to consider: what would have been the consequence if the window for your return had been any longer than it actually proved to be."

"Much less if we'd been stuck there." Nyota continued. "You're right, that's not something that bears thinking of! It is fortunate that on both sides, there was a determined effort to set things to rights."

He kissed her eyes, moved to her collarbone, then around to her throat. She purred in pleasure.

After a pleasant pause, Spock confided: "That other Uhura ... I must tell you that she approached me much in the same fashion as Sulu did you."

Nyota's eyes flew wide in astonishment. "Gracious! At least, I cannot fault her for taste --" She grimaced. "Still --"

"I need hardly tell you that I rebuffed her decisively, my own ashal-veh."

Nyota chuckled. "I'd expect nothing else." She smirked and winked.

Their kisses lengthened, warmed, and deepened.

/I love you./ Was his tender avowal.

/I love you, also./ Came her earnest reply.

+++++++

[face_dancing]

3. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was brilliant! The concept of a Mirror maneuver within the reboot world is nothing short of fascinating to me, so it was awesome to see yet another snippet from that what-if world. [face_dancing] [face_thinking]

"Ma'am," Spock told her firmly, "Your comments serve no purpose in returning you to your own time and place. Further, if you must know, I am promised to another. In your world, that may not mean anything, but in this one, I assure you, it does."

SCORE!! :cool:

And then having her back . . . [face_love]

Wonderfully done! =D=

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice view on Mirror Mirror bringing that episode alive in a different way.

Excellent viggie=D==D=

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What a puzzling experience that was for them. And what a relief that everything was fixed.

@};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) :)

~~~~

Some Things Never Change -- Why Should They? [face_laugh] [face_love]

You smirk as you watch Spock and Grayson puzzling over a tricky bit of computer software.

"That is a fascinating conundrum." Your bondmate observes, and your heart melts at the word fascinating.

You give a mental shrug: That hasn't changed in all this time.

Something else that hasn't is the beauty you find in his strong hands as they tweak the optimum from a recalcitrant bit of software or hardware.

Those same hands are so lingering and tender as they caress you, you think rapturously.

The wry tilt to his lips or brows -- these still provide a deep thrill.

"You taste of sun and moonglow, my love." You had told him once.

"Nyota - you are being decidedly lyrical." He had remarked warmly.

"What can I say? You bring that out in me."

As Spock moves to you now, he murmurs: "I see you are caught in a reverie, ashaya."

"Of the best kind." You reply, and slip into his welcome embrace.

+++++

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

WEIN.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, yes!

Big big big SQUEEEEEEEE!

[face_love]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes big fascinating squeee[face_dancing]

Spock and fascinating[:D]

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Let me echo that squee. [face_dancing] [face_love]

Tender and lyrical and just perfectly wonderful in all of the best ways! =D=

~MJ @};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) I love detailing how in love with even the small details my sweet lady is, how the wonder has not and could never be commonplace with time's passage. [face_dancing]

~~~~~~

With All that I am

It was some time after the fact that I learned of the conversations Spock had had with his father about me surrounding my first encounter with Sarek.

During the discussion wherein he urged the firestones upon him, Sarek praised me quite warmly.

He said that I had impressed him as warm, intelligent, and compassionate.

My darling love had not disputed these assertions, which fact melted me, but what melted me even more was what transpired thereafter.

"She is a worthy choice for alife-partner," Sarek observed.

"Indeed," Spock concurred, "I could have found no one superior to her."

Sarek noticed the tender undertones. "You admire her greatly and feel a deep respect for her--one that I am pleased to note that she reciprocates. And I do not believe it would be an indulgence in sentiment to say that you love her."

His son did not shy away from the choice of words, but acceded firmly: "With all that I am."

He confided this in me after I teased and cajoled it out of him at a later point.

My eyes were loving and soft. "Oh, you marvelous darling! I love you in exactly the same degree!"

Because my adoration, gratefulness, and gladness were overflowing, it was the least I could do to provide a most enthusiastic and protracted display of affection with many caresses and kisses. Which I am happy to say my ashal-veh reciprocated in full measure.

I told Audrey in a private little note the next day: "My toes are still curled!"

She sent me a [face_mischief] , a [face_laugh] , and a ;) in reply.

++++++

:) [face_love]

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So wonderful that Spock can be that honest and open about his feeling with his father. He ois blessed in many ways. ;)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes and Sarek was the one to marry Amanda. That must have been some inspiration for Spock.

Excellent update=D=[face_dancing]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    With all that I am . . .

Aaaaaaaand cue the Mira-goo . . . now. ;)

That was blissfully lovely, Deb. As always! :D [face_love]

~MJ @};-

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, too long since the last postie LOL

~~~~~

A Very Cozy Cuddle Moment

"Do you want to make snow angels, love?" Nyota asked her bondmate as she and the rest of her family were staying in a Swiss chalet.

"Oh yes!" Jenessa and Khio'ri chorused.

Grayson tried to look disinterested, and his mother had to stifle a laugh.

"I think Grayson and I shall --" Spock began.

"Sit this one out?" Nyota grinned, her eyes dancing with laughter. "Okay, come on gals!"

Later, the whole family went snow boarding, all cuddled up in furs.

When the kids were all tightly tucked, after 2 cups of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, it was time for some sweet couple cuddle time in front of a fire.

Spock watched the flames dance in Nyota's dark eyes with something she liked to call avid delight.

"You know, my darling sweet ashaya, this is the part I was looking forward to all day." She murmured, as his hands traced lazily along her bare back.

"As have I." He returned.

"You're just glad to be out of the weather." She teased tenderly.

He quirked a brow. "My own, I am infinitely more pleased to be --"

Her sweet, happy kiss interrupted. "Near me, like this?" She whispered, continuing a searing trail.

"Indeed." He acceded readily.

++++++++

Evaporates.

Duh! and wein.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    When the kids were all tightly tucked, after 2 cups of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, it was time for some sweet couple cuddle time in front of a fire.

Spock watched the flames dance in Nyota's dark eyes with something she liked to call avid delight.

Yummy, delicious and delightful

Warm and cosy update[face_dancing][face_love][:D]

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful family time - so warm and cuddly [face_love]

:*

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Very warm and cozy indeed. [face_love]

~MJ@};-

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :* :*

I feel a strong urge to do Spock in Kyp mode LOL -- (Jim's more like a blend of Luke's farmboy charm and Han's tell like it is, sugar) [face_laugh]

~~~

Sweetly Stepping in

During a tense round of negotiations, a hoity-toity fool (Kashore's words on later hearing of the incident) snidely referred to Nyota as (in the vernacular of that world) a decorative companion.

Nyota, who understood the nuances, merely raised a cold brow and observed soto voce: "When you have nothing of merit to contribute, those with small intellects must say something idiotic to boost their tiny egos."

Her bondmate sent her an amused and agreeing thought across their bond but moved to lay a fierce, unbreakable hold on the dunderhead's shoulder.

"Your comments do you no credit, and I would strongly suggest you apologize to my partner and bondmate."

He was favored with a sneer. "Or you'll -- what, exactly?"

"You don't want to go there." warned Rosemund, Nyota's chief aide. "You really don't."

One look at Spock's unrelenting gaze and the oaf hurriedly backed off with a sullen apology.

Nyota and Rosemund shared a laughing glance.

The later negotiations were helped along by that odious nerf herder's absence, thanks to his superior's getting wind of the incident and offering a more sincere apology.

Later, Nyota's laughing tenderness flowed to her love across their bond as he joined her in a long, roomy tub full of lavender bubbles.

"You are something else, you know that, my heart?" She whispered, trailing kisses up to his ear where she gave a playful lick and nibble.

"I love you." He murmured, loving the way the bubbles clung to very interesting parts of her, then murmured it again as he kissed her thoroughly.

She never got tired of those words, and the myriad ways he proved them, Nyota thought happily, sending an /I adore you!/ in return.

+++++++

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Woohoo jinkies!

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Spock in Kyp mode is hot [face_love]

hoity-toity fool I like that! [face_laugh]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes hot and adorable for Uhura=D==D=

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That certainly was a . . . brave hoity-toity fool to insult a Vulcan't bondmate like that. o_O They handled the situation very calmly - I like how all it took was a 'look' for the idiot to back off. :p [face_devil]

And then after . . . [face_mischief]

Feel free to give in to more fangirl indulgences. [face_laugh][:D]

:D

~MJ @};-

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :* :* That was one fun write, especially the bubbles scene :) [face_love]

A/N: Inspired by a lovable mental image caused by Mira's "Roll" drabble.

~~~

All Kinds of Fun

Nyota

I laughed as I watched ours and Kashore's and Dajan's kids flying kites on the beach. They were chasing the waves as much as the kites of bright hues and interesting shapes.

Collin's and Tatiana's was shaped like some unknown ancient flying creature; it was painted three kinds of blue.

Marini's was a lovely silver and gold creation.

Grayson's was a soaring thing; it had sweeping nacelles on each side.

"Gray is so taken with all things astronomical." I observed to Kashore. "Not only does he regale his dad for the history of stellar navigation and discovery, but they also built an old-style telescope. He can cipher out at least a score constellations even at his age."

Kashore grinned. "I suppose he eschews all mommy cuddles. Ndale is at that stage, I regret to tsay, although..." She winked. "Not constantly. Every once in a while, I can still get a hug and cuddles out of him."

I laughed. "That's something I think daughters grow out of slower than the boys do."

Spock

When Nyota told me of her conversation with her sister later, I could feel her pride about Grayson's acumen. It also shone in her eyes, as I met her gaze in the mirror; at the moment, I was undoing her elaborate coil of hair, as was my wont of an evening. The feel of her silken tresses as they rippled was a keen pleasure.

I remarked that I had been well-versed in as many constellations and more at Grayson's age, and even younger.

She knew of my abilities in this field, both for personal interest and professional reasons. But to realize the extent of it, in the context of one as young as Grayson (and more so), it struck her with wonder, which flowed unhindered to me.

Nyota turned and favored me with an amorous, adoring look. "You really amaze me, my darling love." She murmured, reaching a caressing hand to my brow and around to my ear, where she lingered.

I caught her hand and kissed the fingers lightly. "Is that so, my love?"

She laughed. "You know it is!"

I slid an arm around her, and we retired, curled snugly around one another.

I could feel her mind still full of the day.

"You cannot sleep, Nyota?" I asked.

"Not yet ... I'm sorry to keep you up." Her tone was apologetic, but then her smile lit up. "Although -- since we both can't sleep, we might as well not waste the superb opportunity." There was an eager, happy lilt to her tone now.

"Opportunity?" I repeated, my love and knowing laughter clear to her across our bond.

She kissed me deeply. "Oh, yes. Most definitely."

I was very willing to indulge her.

++++++

Evaporates.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great to see both parents so proud and supporting of their children's accomplishments.

And what a wonderful way to take advantage of insomnia [face_laugh]

@};-

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great with the kites and both parents enjoying the nice time together.

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb, that was utterly enchanting. [face_love] And I love that the drabbles have already drawn their first blood in the inspiration department. :cool: Yep, the games are on. [face_dancing]

"Gray is so taken with all things astronomical." I observed to Kashore. "Not only does he regale his dad for the history of stellar navigation and discovery, but they also built an old-style telescope. He can cipher out at least a score constellations even at his age."

Like father, like son. [face_love] I loved seeing glimpses of the 'next generation.' :p

It also shone in her eyes, as I met her gaze in the mirror; at the moment, I was undoing her elaborate coil of hair, as was my wont of an evening. The feel of her silken tresses as they rippled was a keen pleasure.

Holy heck, that could be a sensory overload of a ficlet right there. [face_mischief] ;)

But to realize the extent of it, in the context of one as young as Grayson (and more so), it struck her with wonder, which flowed unhindered to me.

That really is the beauty of it - learning old wonders anew through your child's eyes. [face_love] You captured a priceless moment of life for our two right here. [face_love]

"Opportunity?" I repeated, my love and knowing laughter clear to her across our bond.

She kissed me deeply. "Oh, yes. Most definitely."

As insatiable as you are. ;)

That was lovely.

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.