main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Reflections on Logic and Love

Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Introspection, humor, and romance.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Note: Thanks to sweet Hazel for the gorgeous title.

PMs available upon request.

As long as I can send them :p

[face_laugh]

~~~~~

On Family

Family mental bonds are always there ... beginning at birth and intensifying through time and in times of need or deep affectionate sharing.

My sense and ties to my Mother were uncluttered by undertones and conflicts. I always sensed her delight and concern over milestones I strove for and those I surpassed.

With my Father, there could and often was in later times a constraint, although his pride was something he conveyed in subtle ways: a nod of approval, an affirming glance.

Our relationship improved eventually, gaining a warmth and strength and mutual respect.

This outcome was one we both knew Mother would have applauded, which fact made it bittersweet.

Contracted Ties

Mother acquiesced to cultural tradition in the matter of forging a preliminary bond with T'Pring. This was something that she felt strong reservations about at first.

There were similar customs in her own culture's past: arranged unions by tribe/clan for political or other gains.

The bond with T'Pring was not a warm, flourishing thing. Having never experienced one, I had no way of knowing if this was the norm or not.

That between my parents, of course, was private to themselves; although I could sense their serenity by its presence or absence, even in the subtle nuances of their glances.

Any discord between them was fleeting and did not happen often.

The Bond of Choice

When I chose the vibrant Nyota, her mind was like - a verdant scape of colors and textures.

Rich with laughter and experiences, ebullient with admiration and affection, it was astounding how easily our minds became attuned - even as friends.

She took to the connection and our friendship with something akin to avidity.

What was equally astonishing was the lack of hesitance I experienced over initiating deeper acquaintanceship with her.

Her intelligent conversation led me to offer to continue the discussion later and more informally.

And when we did, we both understood it would be the first of many such occasions.

Neither one of us pondered the uniqueness of such an unspoken mutual decision.
    What might to others have seemed like an impulsive act, in actuality was natural.

+++

TBC and oh yum, yum, I am =P~ into a very large bucket.

:* :* !!!!!!!!!!

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is the perfect tone for Spock. I love the way you delve into his mind and extract his inner soul like that. =D=

Excellently done, and I'd like PMs (if you can send them :p)

[:D]

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was lovely!

I simply adored the look into Spock's mind here. I didn't realize, until reading this, that we normally see fics set in Nyota's voice from you. It has always been a perfect vehicle for your pieces, but then reading this . . . it's like discovering dark chocolate after only knowing milk! ;) [face_laugh]

On Family: I loved seeing how a bond 'looks' to Spock. The subtleties in each tie is wonderfully portrayed. I loved the line about the growing bond with his father being bittersweet.

Contracted: You handled T/Pring nicely here! All too often it is easier to give into Calista-esque bashing, but this was wonderful. Subtle. Spot on. I especially liked his observations on Amanda/Sarek. [face_love]

Choice: Just this:

Neither one of us pondered the uniqueness of such an unspoken mutual decision.
    What might to others have seemed like an impulsive act, in actuality was natural.

SQUEE!!!! [face_love][face_love]

You know you had this section down pat, don't you??

Marvelous. =D=

Please, feel free to keep the PMs coming! (As long as you can. ;))

~MJ @};-

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet Hazel - [face_blush] Put me on cloud nine with this review! [face_dancing]

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock and Nyota are just perfectly made for each other. [:D] Their natural attraction and interaction has made them whole-heartedly in love.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this one was sheer bliss!

Her Tresses

The first time I undid her coiled and elaborate hairstyle after a night out, it was prompted by admiring the silken shimmer and by the fact that watching her comb it out was relaxing to us both.

It rippled down her back in waves.

"May I?" I asked on the first occasion.

"Sure!" She beamed. As the satiny ringlets fell around my fingers, I let her hair flow in its soft radiance through my hands.

I brushed out her hair languorously and she sighed in pleasure.

After, she stood from her chair and hugged me firmly. "I enjoyed that, love!"

I encircled her waist. "Nyota, the things which give you pleasure ..." I kissed her lightly.

She snuggled nearer. "It's you my darling, sweet heart! All you!"

I scooped her up then and we curled closely under the blankets; I sent her a loving: /I cherish you./

+++

~~

Dreams

A day or so after the events on Serillious, Nyota's happy dreams of a romp with her sister through the forest turned into a dark return to the fastness on Serillio.

Sensing her intense disquiet, I reached out to her in her dreamscape.

She turned to me, her eyes haunted.

"My love." I whispered. "That is past."

She grasped my hand tightly and the dream vista rippled.

Now we were on a beach of golden sands. The sun was setting, and white foaming surf crashed gently against the shore.

A guitar and steel drum's melodious strains wafted on the fragrant breeze.

She reached up suddenly to a tree and pulled down a mango, perfectly ripe.

"Welcome to Barbados." She grinned and we savored the mango's sweetness.

When we woke, her eyes were full of the happier transposition.

"I had a wonderful dream." She murmured happily.

"Yes, ashal-veh." I remarked. "You seem very serene."

"It was great. You were in it." She beamed. "That's the part that makes all my dreams while asleep just right." She smirked and we shared a kiss, which we both deepened.

Later, she learned more of dream sharing, so she became aware of my assistance during that particular time.

Nyota's eyes were full of a grateful devotion so deep and shining that it made me aware anew of how supremely and sublimely suited we are for one another.

+++

Vaporizes!

[face_love] !!!!

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Her Tresses

That was just so intimately romantic. [face_love]

Dreams

Loved that he changed her nightmare into a lovely dream. That is love! :*

Oh, yes, these are sheer bliss ;)

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Another lovely set. [face_love]=D=

Her Tresses: This was infinitely sweet and tender, and I adored the easy mental image that was created through your words. Just . . . just perfect. [face_love] This is my favorite little snippet from you in some time. :D

Dreams: And then it gets better! You know that I love to see Serillious referenced, and this was a beautiful moment to add onto a whirlwind of a nightmare. Literally. :p I loved the use of their bond in this sense, and I could easily feel her serenity afterwords.

These are little nuggets of gold, Jade. Thank-you for sharing! [:D]

~MJ @};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Another one of your perfect Spock and Uhura pieces.

Loved the inner thoughts of Spock in the first post and the second post [:D][face_love]:*

PM please:)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This isn't part of my outline officially but oh well. Just read a Kyp-centered update and that always gets something-something going LOL!!! =P~ =P~

The postscript at the end is similar to Mirax's at the end of Mara's posts in Exonerated.

~~~

Nestling Together Leads to Pleasure

Lying next to Nyota -- with her so close - it might seem to violate some things about "personal space." It didn't violate hers, she relished it, wrapping herself all around me ...

I find her silky-soft curves and warmth -- intensely pleasurable.

The times I can convey comfort through this closeness - I am pleased to be able to.

When I awaken before her, I watch her in repose. She is a peaceful, serene vision.

On those rare occasions when she awakens first, I find her gaze resting upon me with the utmost tenderness.

We talk as we nestle together, of the day's events, of memories, and hopes.

This proximity often, frequently, will ignite her amorous inclinations, or mine, or both simultaneously.

One such time, I'd just returned from an away mission - a sensitive document had been recovered and prosecution of a faction which had committed genocide in a subtle and devious manner could finally proceed.

Nyota's gentle hands were setting off electric sparks while her warm kisses traced a trail that ignited a fire in their wake.

"If I didn't know better," I remarked, as my hands lost themselves in her shining tresses, "I would say you were -- glad to see me again, love."

She nibbled my ear and then my pulse point lingeringly. "You don't know the half of it, you sweet heart! As Gaila would phrase it, I could spread whipped topping on you and eat you up."

"Nyota!" I exclaimed, kissing along her neck and shoulders in a mutual, reciprocated ardor. Our bond expressed my amusement at her statement.

"What can I say?" She purred. "You bring out the best in me, my own!"

Our eyes locked in a blazingly passionate communication.

The next day, not for the first, nor the last time, she wore her hair in a different, looser style.

I heard Janice's comment on how great it looked on her. Nyota blushed. She sent Janice a message as to the reason which made the latter's eyes go round with delight.

**~~~**

Nyota's postscript:

The new hairstyle was to obscure the telltale signs of zealous and very welcome love-nips.

Yes, my wonderful love has a close relation in a galaxy far, far away. Hint: His initials are K.D.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] D'awwwoon!

Little fangirl indulgence there. I see so many droolicious resemblances -- all the way down to that edible voice and looking like something you'd lurve to watch shirtless LOL, etc.

SQUEEEEEE!

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I always love these moments where two lovers just lie in bed, in each other's arms or watching the other sleep. So romantic [face_love]

I also love reunions (I think you could tell by now) :)

Delightful post, Jade!

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautifully woven together Spock's and Nyota's lives and love for each other are intertwined in romantic reflections of each other. [:D]

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Please, feel free to indulge the inner fangirl whenever you so see fit to do so! [face_laugh] :D

This was just fun. And lovely - I loved the peace and tenderness of them just laying there absorbed in one another. And then, reunion scenes are always . . . fun to read. And write. [face_love]

Another treat to read, that is a fact!

~MJ @};-

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely delightful post with all those references[:D][face_love]:*

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I did love the two flavors of that one- soft and gently tender and then woohoo! happy sizzly gladness to be together again. [face_love]

~~

The only thing funner than this is the Kyp diary I'm gonna do next year =P~ Or perhaps it'll be a tie. Yuppers, better-without-a-shirt-guy fan club prez that's me LOL

[face_mischief]

A/N: LOL! Pearl?s amorous!Jag is the inspiration for the second scene as well as for the time limit [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Then? When? Perhaps Always

I watch Nyota as she works -- she is not like another colleague. Even Derrek Weston, an ethics instructor, had noticed her loveliness and brilliance in his courses.

And he perceived my - relief? (what exactly?) when he mentioned in passing that she wouldn't give any of the students who asked her out on a date or even for caf - the "time of day."

Leila and Leigh - very alliterative names and very similar penchants for what is often termed office crushing. I felt barely a stir, and I forthrightly discouraged and preempted their pursuit.

Nyota's conversations never had that flirting feel. There was warmth, an ease to her confiding, and a gentle peacefulness to our silences. We didn't feel the need to fill them with words.

How did I come to the decision or conclusion about the nature of Nyota's allure for me? Was there an exact moment? She tells me that for her, she had always known, or had felt such things for so long that it was difficult to pinpoint an exact event or moment's realization.

Now-- A Sweet Confidence and Leaving the Party Early!

Nyota was regaling me with a letter she?d received from Kiana. She mentioned that Kiana had reflected that she and Dayvid had been acting like a ?snarky married couple even before we were a couple."

?Strange,? Nyota mused, ?Neither one of them seems to be able to say when they became a couple. It was just something that they grew into ? I suppose that?s a prerequisite for soul mates.? She winked.

When I told her that I could not elucidate an exact time for when I knew how essential she was, she embarked on a bit of teasing.

"Ah! So I toppled the Snow Witch from her lofty throne?"

"You are so --" I replied, reaching for her. Laughter flashed in our mutual gaze.

She nearly scooted out of reach, but I seized her and tickled her.

She laughed and melted.

I reached around to unseal her blouse in the back. My hands explored her satiny warmth leisurely.

?Mmm.? She nestled nearer.

Suddenly, I recalled the time. "We have this reception to go to..." I observed, releasing her reluctantly.

"Is it time, already?" Nyota ran out of the room and was gone a couple minutes. When she reemerged, she was wearing a stunning evening gown of deepest amethyst.

It was nearly backless and almost frontless. Shimmering lace accents dappled it intriguingly.

"I have this lovely gown to wear to the function we're going to. And you can't touch me again until it's over." She smirked.

Our bond communicated my resignation. "And how long, my own, do we have to be there?"

She sighed deeply. "Two hours ..."

We shared a longing look.

"I know." Nyota breathed. "It'll feel like ages for me, too."

I moved to her side and ran a hand along her back slowly.

She shivered in pleasure. "Please, love ... maybe we can skip it, and you can just help me out of this now?"

I traced soft, warm kisses along her neck and to her throat and lingered for several heartbeats on her pulse point. She purred softly, leaning into the touch.

"I can make our excuses now..." I offered.

"Or we could leave the reception in an hour, tops?" She suggested warmly.

"Yes, that is an excellent suggestion." I agreed very readily.

++++++

LOL and d'awwwoon! :* :*

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock convincing Nyota to only go for an hour or less makes for some more love time for them. [:D]

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "Or we could leave in an hour, tops?" She suggested warmly.

Why do I get the feeling they're not going to make it? [face_mischief]

These posts are so much fun!

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The first part I loved to pieces. Why yes, Professor Spock, that is a wee bit of emotion that you are showing there. Relief, indeed! [face_laugh] ;)

And then the second part - so flirty and fun!

This:

"I can make our excuses..." I offered.

"Or we could leave in an hour, tops?" She suggested warmly.

"Yes, that is an excellent suggestion." I agreed very readily.

Classic. [face_laugh]=D=

=D=

~MJ @};-

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup leave in one hour;) That's an excellent idea for all those boring:p meetings

Lovely post

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jinkeehaw! that was fun!!!!! Like duh! But then again so is this LOL

A/N: Sequel of sorts to Mira's nummy Pernesque drabble/ficlet. [face_love] !!

A Magnificent Flight

When I and Nyota rode the majestic Ramoth, Nyota was thrilled, not only with the panoramic view but with the name of the regal beast herself.

She was floating, as the expression goes, on "cloud nine" for days after.

It was my great pleasure to gift her so. Nyota's joy is worth all endeavor, and the experience was quite unique.

"I don't know what I could ever do to repay you." She told me later, her dark eyes liquid and glowing.

"That is hardly necessary, Imzadi." I replied.

She grinned. "I know, love. But it was just so overwhelmingly wonderful, as are you."

One evening, some months later, as we sat on our veranda, she confided with a becoming blush: "I wouldn't mind another flight..."

"Indeed. I am not sure one could be arranged, but I could check."

"Would you?" She beamed. "Ah! To ride the noble Ramoth again with you, who are as delectable as Mnementh's rider."

I quirked a brow at her. "Delectable --?"

She kissed me softly in assent. "Definitely."

++++

A/N: Inspired by a wonderful expression in a Kyp fic I read today. :* !!!!!!

If You Fall...

Guilt is something Vulcans are not prone to, but regret is. Dreams are things we seldom indulge in, although I have shared hers.

Nyota did not know precisely of dream sharing, but she did know of "lucid dreaming", and as we were bonded, she initiated one which we then participated in together.

We were in a meadow of wildflowers.

"Nyota," I asked, "What is this place?"

"Lothlorien," She murmured happily, as Galadriel's swan barge floated by on the shining river.

"Ah." I then noticed elanor and nephridil were indeed blooming at our feet.

It was very soothing ... and serene. We had just started on our tour; the weeks before had been fraught with so many things--our trip to Paris, which had partly been shadowed by a decision that had to be made (although to be parted from her was not something I could have borne, any more than she.)

"My darling love," She whispered, her gentle fingers caressing my cheek lightly, eyes full of adoration, "If you fall, I will be there to catch you, always... always. And I will follow you, anywhere."

Her words healed places that had been aching to be whole... even the unavowed "if only's" and "what if's".

When we awoke, we both had a memory of the dream.

"I meant what I said." She murmured sincerely.

"Yes, my own Nyota. And know the same is true in my case, as well." I gazed at her tenderly before continuing. "I do cherish you."

"And I love you!"

We shared a long kiss.

We exchanged a look as we pulled apart, full of a fervent promise to take up where we left off after our day's work.

+++++++

Vaporizes! [face_dancing]

Oh yeah. Jade has disappeared!

:D [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!!!!!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

That was wonderful, Jade. I'm vaporizing as we speak :*

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but these were lovely!!

I absolutely adored the first one. The tone of wistful enjoyment and wonderment was still continued with this, and I could very well imagine each one of her sighs! :D Heck, you got me at the mental image of Spock on a dragon. [face_laugh] ;)

And then the second - I love the roads you are taking to explore their bond! The whole premise of sharing dreams is something that has always intrigued me - in quite a few fandoms, and seeing it here was like a breath of fresh air. Lothlorien, a perfect, peaceful location, as well. It read like healing. =D=

~MJ @};-

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    If You Fall was very, very, very good. [:D] Really like how both stated they would be there for each other no matter what the circumstances.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful, delicious, hmmmmm[face_dancing][face_love] Lothlorien[face_love]