main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect song and perfect bantering between them

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Completely melty and all gooey on the inside. [:D]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww!! Too cute for words :D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all!

I adored writing Mystified ... LOL!

And this one was equally as delicious!

~~

A/N: Other side to "Contemplating What Comes After"

Open, Honest Discussion & Loving Reconciliation

Nyota and I were on a visit to her sister's family.

Dajan and Kashore were playing a round of tennis, after we had all shared a light lunch.

Now, Nyota and I were on the veranda. "You know," Nyota began, "I understand the irresistible charm of a babe in arms."

She then told me happily of the encounter in the park with a "mommy and her new youngling."

Her eyes grew tender as she concluded: "It brought home even more strongly how ... delightful it would be to have one of our own -- someday." Her tone was dreamily wistful.

I did not offer an immediate reply, and something she picked up through our bond caught her attention.

Nyota asked: "You do still want children someday?"

There was a long pause. "You know that my mother had a difficult pregnancy." I finally answered. "She required all the skills of the most experienced healers during her gestation. It is not firmly established beyond dispute that such would be the case in every birth of hybrid racial origin, but I would not wish to take even the remotest risk of losing you."

Nyota gaped at me in astonishment. "Are you kidding? When did you come to this conclusion? All the times we've talked about it before, you were quite amenable to the idea!"

I uttered a regretful sigh. "I've been considering the potential repercussions more and more of late." I confessed.

"And when, precisely," Nyota asked icily: "were you going to enlighten me? Or did you think it was something I didn't need to know until the need arose?"

"I was waiting for the best time to discuss it; your experience this morning provided the best opening." I answered, realizing that perhaps there could never be an ideal moment for such disclosures.

"And my feelings mean nothing?" She inquired, incredulously.

I raised an astounded brow at her. "Of course they matter--completely."

"What else have you been reconsidering?" She retorted. "Our joining, perhaps?" She stood suddenly and started to walk away.

"Nyota--!" I exclaimed and reached out a hand to her.

"I don't want to talk about it now." She said firmly avoiding the touch, which was something she very seldom did.

~~~

Practically right away, I commed my father via the family's private holo-ceiver charging it to my personal account.

I disclosed Nyota's and my earlier conversation, and he told me that he understood completely the reasons behind my cautionary stance but also recognized the validity of Nyota?s deep maternal longings.

Father said that despite all the healers' forebodings and his initial trepidation, he'd acceded to Mother's desires (and his own) and they had found no cause for lamenting that decision and would make the same choice again.

I thanked him and decided to follow his example.

I knew this would give Nyota immense pleasure, but I did not seek her out immediately. She was in the garden, and I gave her a measure of privacy for an interval of time then went to join her eventually - when I sensed her equanimity had been regained.

~~~~~

Nyota had not closed herself off from our connection, but she had attenuated its intensity somewhat. I had respected her wish for relative solitude and had not pressed for closer mental contact.

I gazed at her with open admiration.

She was wearing shorts and a tank-style shirt. Her hair had come loose from the tie and stray curls brushed her shoulders. She noticed my presence and candid appreciation from the corner of her eye and from our bond.

With her usual grace, she suddenly rose and ran to where I observed her, at the foot of the veranda. She seized my hands and kissed them tenderly. Then, not satisfied with that gesture only, she pulled me near and said between earnest kisses: "I do love you, oh I do, I do!"

I stroked her hair and crushed her close against me and let my pleasure at the

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Completely understandable reactions from both :) and I'm glad Spock talked it over with Sarek.

I've missed these @};-[:D]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    mixed species yes and the reactions yes

and leading to more delightful moments

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Love the family stuff! It's nice that they've got close bonds and can ask their families for advice when they need to.

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A really remarkable and unique view into Spock and Nyota's lives and Spock's concern for her eventual pregnancy, which Nyota realizes is something that he seriously supports and eventually encourages. [:D]

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but these ficlets have such a way of brightening the day! And after such a gap (for you, anyway ;)), it was even more delicious to read. [face_love]

And my, but wasn't this a weighty subject! :( I can totally understand Spock's fears, and Nyota's ire - I loved him speaking to Sarek, and then afterwards . . . How beautiful their relationship is. So very lovely indeed! [face_love]

=D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! And hi! Mira! :* :* :* !!!!!!!

A/N: Thanks to Jedi_Lover for ... erm ... suggesting a great piece of lady's lingerie [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Works like a charm in any fandom [face_mischief]

Woohoo!

~~~~~~

Beyond Words to Express

Nyota and I were in a cafe waiting to meet a Senator Beltayne.

A very drunk, obnoxious patron ambled over to our end of the bar and grabbed my bondmate. "Hey, pretty lady." He slurred.

She whirled around even before he was finished speaking, grinding her heel into his instep. He let out a yelp and made as if to strike her.

The establishment's "bouncers" moved in, but I was there, first.

I seized him and tore him away from Nyota and pushed him up against the bar, perhaps more firmly than necessary. "You will not touch her in any fashion nor for any cause. Is that understood?"

My tone somehow conveyed more than sufficient menace. For he merely let out a squeak and meekly went off with the security detail.

Nyota's eyes were very wide. "Lands, quite the display there." Her tone was noncommittal, but wry. I couldn't tell precisely if she was ill-pleased or not.

"No one puts their hands on you." I said in a hard tone, then it softened. "My apologies, my own, for using that tone with you."

"Just the adrenaline, I'm sure." She grinned with a small shrug, but as I reached for her hand to go to the table where our contact had just arrived, she eluded my grasp and strode purposefully across the room.

I lifted an eyebrow at that. She doubtless wanted to convey that she was undaunted and unruffled by the recent encounter.

I could tell she was those things, however, through our bond. My life-mate has amazing, unflagging inner fortitude, for which I admire and respect her greatly.

Our meeting went excellently, and we made great strides in coming to a viable compromise in our mediations. Nyota and I worked with our usual seamless efficiency.

Later, in our suite, she disappeared in the changing cubicle without sparing me a glance.

Yet, when she emerged, I suddenly knew what had been behind her mental ... reticence.

She was wearing a black lace and mesh teddy.

She had a couple teddies of black and of lavender hues, but this one was - even more sheer and clingy than those.

I gazed at her like someone coming upon a lake after days in the desert.

In the vernacular, I drank her in thirstily.

I felt her burning admiration and adoration clearly now.

"I couldn't let you feel any of that in public." She breathed in a husky purr, coming to curl against me.

My hands reached for her greedily, as she hugged me in turn.

"I agree. And I understand, now." I replied.

"I would have made a spectacle of myself, jumping you then and there ..." She laughed. "Hardly the decorous image we want to convey, don't you think?"

I murmured, "Nyota love, this looks as the saying goes: painted on. It fits like a second skin."

She laughed again, eyes sparkling with amusement and affection. "Oh no, my dear Jedi. It comes off. I have three more, just in case this one ... meets with a sudden accident due to ..."

"My impatience?" I murmured as I kissed her eager mouth, and my hands continued a slow, loving stroking.

"Oh, I do love you so!" She breathed, as in a locked embrace, I pulled her to the thick rug before the sofa.

That presumptuous and inebriated fool in the bar reminded me fleetingly of Ensign Reed, who had dared to ... At the very thought, my blood seethed.

"Shhh, lover." She murmured. "Neither one of those gundark butts deserve even that much of your thought."

I had to agree. With this lovely, vibrant, passionate lady filling my arms and senses, and her desire tugging at our bond, all other thoughts fled away. I was more than willing to devote all of me to my bondmate's (and my) pleasure.

Later

We were completely and tightly wrapped around each other. Our bond was softly glowing and radiant with our mutually expressed passion and devotion.

"Hmmm." Nyota purred sleepily, snuggling n

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I absolutely loved that that was her reason to close off her bond. [face_laugh] That was priceless.

Protective!Spock, as always, is quite the thing to heat the screen up. Especially with how cool and calm he normally is. :p

"Hmmm." Nyota purred sleepily, snuggling nearer still. "This little outfit seems to be an agent of seduction as well, like those magnificent boots of mine!" She chuckled. "It appears to be rather the worse - or better for ..."

"No, Nyota. It is you - not the apparel that is the irresistible element of seduction."

And that is where I completely lost it. [face_love]

Just . . .

Yeah, I am complete and utter smiles over her.

Complete! [face_love]

~MJ @};-

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] :*

I love it, it makes for a wonderful way to start the day.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this wonderful start of the weekend. A Teddy is soo seductive[face_love]

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Love the bar scene :D and what followed ;) [face_love]

15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Another great mushy and melty scene where once again Spock says the most romantic things. [:D]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D

~~~

Link to Ciline Dion's First Time Ever I Saw your Face.

You'll be a soft, squishy goo puddle by the end. Jade_eyes was! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tWOLUSxKsA

An Eventful Trial Run & Loving Assurances

A very interesting incident occurred during our experimentation with a prototypical holodeck, where actions and scenes would play out against a very realistic and computer-generated setting.

Nyota and Yolette were discussing what it would be like to stroll the streets of Alexandria or Paris during their zeniths.

When Nyota ventured inside, she gave me a playful wink.

Not more than 15 minutes later, she emerged, looking rather ... unnerved as she clutched me tightly.

I held her fast, as Yolette asked with concern: "What happened, Ny?"

Nyota exclaimed: "Garh! It was like everything was upside down and sideways!!!! I was meeting Spock at the Eiffel Tower when he appeared suddenly with Leila, and they were most definitely together."

"Oooh, yuck!" Yolette shivered. "Rather like Mara seeing Luke and the body-snatcher playing tonsil hockey."

"Body-snatcher?" I asked, with a raised brow.

"That karkheaded Callista, who couldn't get a bloke excited no matter what she did." Nyota answered disgustedly. "I don't care how hard she tried. She couldn't touch the Force or anything else for that matter."

"I assure you, my own, Leila would never be with me in Paris, or anywhere else. This program needs a complete antivirus and Trojan sweep." I told Yolette firmly.

"Are you kidding? I'm scrapping it entirely and telling the techie gurus to start from the ground upwards." Yolette said reassuringly and started inputting codes at the wall console.

Back in our quarters, Nyota turned on a beautiful love ballad and clung to me tightly as the vocals filled the air.

Nyota recalled tenderly: "Our first kiss did have that effect on me. I did feel the earth move ..." She murmured, nibbling my ear. "And our first time together ... I think you know how I took to that ... like a swan to water." She purred, stroking me softly. Her deft fingers lingered with pleasure to us both.

I nuzzled her pulse point and squeezed her. "Indeed. And do you feel as though our joy will last until the end of time?" I asked, quoting a refrain of the song.

"At the very least, my love!" She replied emphatically.

I gazed deeply into her eyes. "You should not have let that event rattle you, Nyota ashal-veh."

She grimaced ruefully. "I know, but it put all kinds of speculations into my mind ..."

"It is you that I loved at that earlier time, and love now." I told her warmly.

Nyota answered: "I know. I was being -- ridiculous. You'll just have to find a way to ..."

As more romantic songs played softly in the background, I was able to get her to focus on the two of us entirely - with many slow caresses and deeply adoring kisses, here ... there, and everywhere.

Her beaming smile and our amorously, loving, glowing bond indicated succinctly that I was completely successful.

Nyota's P.S.: Oh, if that isn't a fact! I don't know what is!

++++++

[face_love] :* [face_dancing]

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That holodeck definitely needs a cleanup. :p

Actually, I love that technology, someone should hurry up and invent it.

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so sweet! And it sounds like that technology could be fun ... or infuriating! :p

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    computers and their mixing up.

Love to see Star Wars seeping in

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great feelings for each other are expressed between Spock and Nyota and how they have always had feelings for each other.

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] I loved the infuriating aspects of the technology. And the good ones as well. [face_love]

But still, yuck for that scene! As always, the tender reaffirmation afterwards was a treat to read. =D=

~MJ @};-

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- :D

~~~~~~~

Unlike Any Others

I stand at a viewpanel on Celtos VII, looking out at a cityscape below.

The mediating talks are at a brief hiatus, although they are going well.

Two military overlord oligarchies are merging; they hold two halves of a continent.

What is being striven for is a ruling council comprising both, wherein neither will hold more power or less than the other.

Nyota comes up to me and lays a hand on the sill.

I move my hand to lace my fingers with hers.

She is beautiful at our connection: a panorama of contentment at how things are proceeding and intense anticipation of the dinner we have planned at an out of the way spot famed for its lake and waterfalls. Feeling her entwinement is essential for our working in synchrony; it is also a source of inner harmony and can be distracting, as well.

"That went better than I expected." She comments with a low laugh.

I hold her gaze softly, appreciating her ironic statement.

"Yes." I accede.

She asks quietly: "Love, do you ever miss the grand thrill of the unexpected and hectic adventure?"

Now, her texture is softly earnest, a muted pattern of gentler, mental hues.

I give the matter due and momentary consideration. "The variety of potential contacts in the aspects of worlds and societies, although this vocation definitely has its rewards and unlooked for events."

She grins. "I certainly don't miss the nail-biting edge-of-seat anxiety when you are away from me and ..."

I squeeze her hand in empathy. "No, that is indisputably a feature whose absence I welcome."

Somewhat Later That Day

As we chat and enjoy the view, the residual tensions of the day leave us, and our connection is uncluttered with pragmatic, professionally-focused issues; we allow it to fill with an emotive and physical awareness, one for the other.

"Hmmmm. I love this part!" Nyota breathes, as I hold her against my side even more firmly.

"Yes, my own ashaya, as do I." Then, I begin with kisses to her pulse point, travel along her neck and up to her lips.

She sighs and purrs happily, squeezing me back.

Her taste is warm, and the feel of her tingles in my veins as she passionately returns my deeply, tenderly loving overtures.

At Moonrise, Next Day

/I do not know what I would have done if we had not found one another - when we did./ Nyota remarks as she finishes kneading my shoulders and runs caressing hands down my back.

/You do not think we could or would have fallen in love during our tour?/ I tease, while caressing her ribs and back slowly.

/Ha! By then, you'd have been so inured to the whole idea of love or been tied inexorably to the Queen of the Arctic Wastes .../ She trails off, her mental tone half-teasing, half-scathing. Invariably, her tone when making such comments is a blend of teasing and elation that we chose one another.

"There is no point in speaking of hypothetical impossibilities, Nyota." I say aloud, coolly.

She scowls. "Really? Why apparently, in some other time and place it must have been otherwise, since we weren't together! ..." She breaks off, pulling out of my grasp.

I favor her with an incredulous look but do not offer a verbal or silent query or comment. We hadn't had the need, nor had the situation arose, to speak of such things in quite a long time.

"Oh, my darling!!!" She closes the distance between us instantly and clings to me. "I don't know what came over me!!!!"

I squeeze her and kiss her eyes first, which are full of remorseful tears, then her lips, long and deeply.

Then she presents me with the explanation across our connection. A very close friend of ours had lost someone he had assumed was the love of his life (an assumption Nyota and I had shared about the two of them).

Nyota had received the news in a message a scant day before and had first been too shocked to react and then we'd been focused on our job tasks.

I send her a pulse of deep admiration that she'd been able to remain as

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    And unlike any others Spock and Nyota realize that their love for each other is what makes them amazing; there for each other always with sweetness overflowing. [:D]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved the way Spock ushers Nyota's insecurities away. [face_love] :*

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love seeing them so content and basking in their future. [face_love]

And then:

She grins. "I certainly don't miss the nail-biting edge-of-seat anxiety when you are away from me and ..."

I squeeze her hand in empathy. "No, that is indisputably a feature whose absence I welcome."

[face_laugh]

They certainly do deserve the chance to rest and take things easy. In a way. :p

And then the last part of the viggie was heart rendering. How sad about the other couple - and still, I loved how he soothed her insecurities away. Too beautiful. [face_love]

Well done, as always! [:D]

~MJ @};-