main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] To Boldly Go: The Continuing Adventures of the USS Enterprise [Updated 1/3]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Aug 10, 2010.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Thanks for your compliments and your continuing help in setting me straight in regards to Spock and Nyota's relationship. [:D]

Hazel: Yes, tribbles have incredible taste in character, Klingons excluded of course. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, I agree that Scotty had the best parts in the tribbling episode. [face_whistling]

Mira_Jade: Yes, who can possibly blame the tribbles for not liking Klingons. o_O

A/N: This next episode will be a retelling of "Amok Time" where Spock experiences his Pon Farr. Hazel wanted me to do this episode, so I will do so, but with T'Pring not being in it at all. I am thinking that she perished when Vulcan was destroyed and therefore Spock has no further attachment to her, thus making his relationship with Nyota the main focus that I will expound on in this episode. Thanks to Jade_eyes especially for helping me get this crystal clear to me that it is to me and I know her, the way that I hope that Abrams and company will also expound on in the next movie.

Pon Farr Far Away

Act One: Love Burns

Mr. Spock sits at the table in the mess hall all alone. He has a tray of food in front of him, but has not eaten even a single bite. He pushes the tray aside and starts walking towards his quarters where Nyota is waiting. He looks at her and ushers for her to enter his quarters and locks the door behind him.

Nyota, not fully understanding the situation, stands by the locked door not knowing what to do next. Spock starts the conversation.

"Nyota," he starts, "I have something that I need to confide in you. It's rather personal."

"Of course, my darling," Nyota soothingly tells him, "I'm with you no matter what might be bothering you."

"I have reached what is termed the Pon Farr in Vulcan." Spock tells her trying to explain his situation. "I must go to the New Vulcan Colony and I need you to come with me."

"You know that I will go wherever you will go," Nyota tells him sincerely, "I always have and always will."

"Thank you," Spock tells her while trying to control his emotions, "There's something else though that you need to know."

"What is it?" Nyota questions him while observing his uneasiness.

"The Pon Farr requires that I have a mate," Spock explains to her as comfortably as he can, "We must marry there."

"Well, of course I will marry you if that is what you are asking," Nyota smiles beamingly at his proposal, "Is that what you are doing?"

"I wanted this to be more romantic to you then what we are discussing here," Spock tells her truthfully trying to make the moment as special as possible, "But, due to the extreme changes that my body is experiencing, I am requesting that you come with me to the New Vulcan Colony where we will get married. Will you marry me?"

Nyota edges closer to him. "I'd be delighted to," she sincerely promises him, "But, I expect a romantic honeymoon in return."

Spock kisses her lightly on the lips as his lips and hands tremble due to the Pon Farr's effects on him. "Anything for you, Ashal-Veh," he tells her as romantically as possible, "You always have and always will complete me."

Spock contacts Dr. McCoy telling him that he must take leave. The doctor wonders why when never before has he made such a request.

"Listen, Doctor," Spock grunts out, "If I do not reach the New Vulcan Colony within seven days, I will die."

Doctor McCoy notifies the Captain of Spock's request. Jim, not knowing why Spock would die, goes to visit him. He taps on the door aloofly.

The door flies open as Spock throws it aside. Kirk, seeing how Spock looks, stands silently and then talks seriously to his comrade.

"Spock, we are en route to the New Vulcan Colony," he starts, "We will be there in three days."

"That is fine," Spock blurts out with clenched teeth, "Make sure that I am not bothered by anyone in the meantime."

"Will do," Kirk tries to lighten the mood, but Spock slams the door shut leaving the Captain alone in the passageway, "Well, that went well."

Meanwhile, a Priority One message is deliver

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this is fantabulous! It feels right! So right! [face_dancing]

A romantic honeymoon -- yes ... I can J_e-ify that one, for sure! Num tummy! [face_love] [face_love]

I was very glad to share my strong feelings and preferences and opinions. ;)

To me, any change now would be more like, not shooting yourself in just one foot, but both :p

o_O

:oops:

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D

I knew this episode would be a fun one in this timeline.

Great job with it so far and thanks for doing it.

@};-

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, good job tackling this one!

I adored the Spock/Nyota interaction at the beginning of this. It was adorable to see his predicament - and worrying about not makeing the proposal romantic. Too adorable.

Following up . . . yikes, this is just as serious a problem as it was in the TOS episode. [face_worried]

And then:

"I have no choice," Kirk lets McCoy know, "I only hope that he asks me to be his best man."

Great job of having that banter and humor threat through even the worse situations.

I can't wait to see what you do with this one! =D=

~MJ@};-

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    intriguing where this will lead without T-Pring. Will someone challenge Spock?

6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: As you will eventually see, their honeymoon will be very special. [:D]

Hazel: Thanks for recommending this episode to be redone. :)

Mira_Jade: This story will feature lots of Spock/Nyota interaction; it's only just beginning. :D

earlybird-obi-wan: No, someone will not challenge Spock, but something will. o_O

[b]Pon Farr Far Away

Act Two: Love Leaps[/b]

"Will you be my best man?" Spock asks Jim to be his best man for the wedding ceremony on the New Vulcan Colony.

"I'd be honored," Kirk tells him truthfully. "We will be entering orbit around the New Vulcan Colony in a few minutes."

"First, Nyota and myself will have to perform some Vulcan rituals before the actual ceremony," Spock explains some of the particulars to Kirk, "After that is complete, then the wedding ceremony will take place."

"So, how long do these rituals last?" Kirk wondered aloud.

"The rituals are somewhat new considering that this New Vulcan Colony is not actually my original homeworld," Spock expounds on his ritual a little further, "All I know is that once they are complete, then I would like as many crewmembers as possible to attend the marriage ritual, which we call the koon-ut-kal-if-fee."

"Of course, I will make arrangements for a very elaborate wedding venue," Kirk relates his ambitions, "That should get you off the hook with Nyota regarding the romanticism of the wedding."

"Off the hook?" Spock questions him.

Kirk slaps his hand on Spock's shoulder. "Don't thank me; it's Audrey's idea actually. You know how women want to have the perfect wedding."

"I see," Spock regards his comments highly, "Tell her thank you for me then."

"Will do," Kirk smacks Spock's other shoulder and then leaves towards the Bridge.

As the Enterprise enters the orbit of the New Vulcan Colony, Spock and Nyota prepare to beam down to the colony first. They board the transporter pad and then at the next instant are standing in the baking heat of the twin suns that encircle the colony. A Vulcan priestess approaches the duo and gives them a satchel apiece.

"You will go out from here for three days together," she explains to both Spock and Nyota, "These satchels carry all that you will need. You will gain sustenance from the environment for your meals."

"And what sustenance will that be?" Nyota starts to wonder just exactly what she will be eating.

"As I have stated," the priestess tells them, "From the environment you will eat, and from these satchels are the tools necessary to complete your ritual towards the koon-ut-kal-if-fee."

"Just follow my lead," Spock extends his arm towards Nyota as they start to walk off towards their adventure.

"Don't forget that you owe me a fantabulous honeymoon for all of this Pookie-Bear," Nyota calls him affectionately.

"This Pookie-Bear offers much comfort and warmth," Spock smooches her with a big kiss on the lips.

"I'll say," Nyota engages him in a deeper kiss than his, "Oh, Pookie-Bear, Pookie-Bear, I love you," she starts to sing.

[i]To Be Continued...[/i]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D Love it! The Priestess is perfectly cryptic.

Ny's "Pookie bear" -- ;)

Eagerly awaiting more!

So I have Hazel to thank for this great request! [face_love] [face_love]

:)

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love it when she calls him Pookie-bear. [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see what happens next. :D

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Pookie bear? Maybe the bear has to protect her. Waiting for more

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, cryptic priestesses and cryptic journeys. I like it. :cool:

I also liked Kirk in the role of 'wedding planner'. I know he can throw quite the bash when he wants to. :p

The Pookie-Bear line was so much fun as well. Some great mush and humor to alleviate the tense situation. =D=

~MJ @};-

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Aren't all Priestess' cryptic? And yes, Hazel is who to thank for this episode. [:D]

Hazel: Yes, affectionate nick-names are always a part of someone's love for another. [face_love]

earlybird-obi-wan: Maybe so, maybe not. [face_whistling]

Mira_Jade: Yes, the more cryptic the better. Yes, I definitely agree that mush and humor always alleviate any tense situation. ;)

[b]Act Three: Love Lasting[/b]

The first part of the pon farr ritual was to wander through the vast desert that was pristine if not totally void of any kind of shade to take shelter from the searing heat that coelesced like a flame upon Spock and Nyota as they continued in their trek.

"How many different parts are to this pon farr of yours?" Nyota questioned Spock seriously wondering how much more of this that she had to endure.

Spock did not answer her, at least not right away. "I need to do something," he stated succintly to her, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do," she replied in kind.

"Part of the process is to initiate a mind meld with you," he started to explain the procedures of the pon farr, "May I?"

"If it will help with this suffering heat, then by all means," she remarked to him.

Spock placed his hands upon Nyota's sweat-laden head as he started his incantation, "My thoughts to your thoughts, your mind to my mind."

The procedure set Nyota at ease all at once. The hot temperature was no longer something that she took note of. She saw through his thoughts part of him that she had never seen before; his human side, in all its strengths and weaknesses flashed in her mind. She was now a part of him as much as he was now a permanent part of her.

Spock then held his first two fingers together and stroked Nyota from her temple down her shoulder and arm to her two fingers pressed together. This was part of the pon farr mating ritual as Spock repeated it and then motioned for Nyota to do the same to him. She traced his temple down to his shoulders and arm down to his two pressed fingers and a rush of emotion flooded through her.

It was a sweet and immense feeling that not only purged her of her fears, but gave her great passionate satisfaction as well. Spock lifted her up from the hot sands and started to carry her as she continued to trace his features from his temple back to his fingers. The twin suns set upon their interaction and she could feel the coolness of the night start to nip at her slightly.

Such vast changes in temperature were something that she had never experienced before. As the night sky start to envelope their oneness she took comfort in his passionate kisses that lingered on her lips. She kissed him back in kind and held him closely as the night temperatures continued to drop suddenly.

They approached a small plantation and Spock set her down while he gathered up some wood and leaves to make a fire to keep themselves warm. Soon, he had the fire started and they both basked in its subtle warmth. His body heat was more preferable than that of the fire that sparked in front of them. She cozied together with him as they restarted their kisses between each other.

"Now, that hit's the spot," she remarked cooingly to him as she cuddled with him, "I needed that."

"You're welcome," he replied in kind to her, "Now that we've made it to the night, we only have two more days to go before we can become married."

"Two days until forever," she responded affectionately, "Then you will owe me one huge honeymoon to make up for this."

"Has it really been that hard?" he inquired.

"No," she succintly replied, "But, a woman's got to have a nice honeymoon no matter what."

"You will," he told her, "I made sure of that."

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great way to show the ritual and I love that being touched by Spock's mind makes Nyota forget about the desert heat.

He definitely owns her one hell of a honeymoon.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D :D !!

Oh I do love these two to bits! bits! bits!

[face_dancing]

[:D]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely update and a sweet way to go from the original

15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel: Yes, Spock has a definite effect on Nyota in more ways than one. [face_love]

Jade_eyes: More bits to love as follows. [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, this take on the story is definitely different which is a really good thing. After all, I don't necessarily want to copy what's already been done. o_O

[b]Act Four: Love Bonds[/b]

Onboard the Enterprise, Audrey and Jim were busy making the arrangements for the wedding reception after the wedding ceremony. Jim could tell that Audrey was enjoying the setup process and winked at her incessantly.

"Cut to the chase," Audrey started to rebuke his winking efforts.

"You really enjoy this a little too much, don't you?" Kirk asked her sweetly.

"And, if I do?" Audrey rebuffed his sweetness.

"Well... just don't get too carried away." Jim told her semi-worriedly.

"Listen, to you and every man on this ship, this may not be that big of a deal," she started to explain a woman's prerogataive, "But, to myself and the other women plus Nyota as well, this has to be perfect. Got it?"

"Roger, roger," Kirk kiddingly responded.

"Oh, you're just so incorrigible," Audrey told him while now shooing him out of her way, "I think I'll just have Nurse Chapel, Yolette and the other ladies help me out the rest of the way."

"Thanks, I've been wanting to get back to the Bridge for awhile now," Kirk smirked while blowing her a goodbye kiss, "Catch you later, sweetie pie."

Audrey shooed him out the door and called on the intercom for all of the women onboard to help her finish her task of getting the wedding reception area set up properly.

Meanwhile, back on the New Vulcan Colony, the second day of events that Nyota had to endure were ones of walking through a dense forest. If it had been nightime and if she were alone then perhaps she would have felt a little afraid, but just having Spock as her protector and valiant knight made her at ease no matter what the circumstances were. To her, this part of living off of the land and eating some rather unsightly bugs and other little critters paled in comparison to yesterday's trek through the desert.

"You know, just about everything tastes like chicken," she remarked to Spock, "Plus, with you here, I really don't mind the messy looking food that we have to eat."

"Learning to accept the situation at hand for what it is..." Spock started to explain his viewpoint, "Nevermind... I just adore you and your steadfast devotion to the pon farr process. I really appreciate the value and devotion that you have shown to not only myself but my culture as well."

"Isn't that what marriage entails," Nyota lovingly remarked, "For best or for worse."

"I will make sure that the worse parts occur infrequently," Spock stated matter-of-factly, "For the best is yet to come."

"I'll say," Nyota reassured him, "And I can hardly wait."

Back on the Enterprise, Audrey had completed the wedding reception arrangements with the help of the other women on the ship. She thanked each of them individually for their efforts and wanted to make sure that everything would be perfect for Nyota and Spock upon their return to the ship.

"Ladies," she started, "Thanks to your efforts we are ready for the start of a new life for Nyota and Spock. Let us celebrate their joining in precisely eight hours from now. Everyone get your dance partner ready and wear your best dress. I meanwhile will change into my Maid of Honor dress."

Everyone applauded their efforts and left to change into the proper attire for the wedding reception. The room was sealed until later when it would be needed.

The last day of the pon farr process was a day of fasting as Nyota and Spock wandered back to the area where their joining would take place. They were allowed to drink from the flasks that were given to them in their satchels and the cool, sweet liquid sufficed their hunger pains while they trekked back to where they started. After six hours of walking they finally reached their destination. The priestess approached the pair and ushered the

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jim and Audrey's banter - sweet! Classic! Exhibit A in the yes, Jim needs a lady like this, yessirree! [face_dancing]

Audrey's a sweetie and all Ny's gal-pals too... they're happy for her for one thing, and they want to make the day special for another, but lastly, [face_love] [face_love] - she's lovable and deserves all the fuss and frills. [face_love]

The pon farr process - Nyota bore up splendidly. :) :)

The ceremony - wonderful! Wonderful!

And yes, the kiss the bride kiss is no chaste quick thingy - not with these two darlings!!!!

LOL-ed at Audrey's comment - yes, Jim is the one who has to be ready...

Rather like Luke, who was oblivious for so long, :p at least Jim didn't go through an ST-style Callista first - yuck!

Sorry, spoiled the mood there [face_laugh]

Looking forward to the reception and the - getting down to business-business [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

The veteran L/M shippers call it boot-knocking [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!!!

They're corrupting me.

Fat!!! Hugs!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What can I add more after Jade's lovely reply.

This was sweet, totally Kirk, Audrey, Spock and Uhura

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great update! :D Loved the forest and the wedding was lovely. So much better to have a wedding than have a fight like in the show.

The Jim/Audrey banter was also fun and loving.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great update. :)

Wonderful process with the pon farr tradition - and Audrey and Jim setting up the wedding reception was priceless. I loved their banter!

And then the wedding! I liked the mixing of the Vulcan tradotions with more human ones like the wedding march. It was a great blend - and the kiss, perfect!

Can't wait to see what Audrey has planned now . . . [face_mischief]

=D=

~MJ @};-

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Yes, capturing the banter between Audrey and Jim, plus the romanticism between Nyota and Spock were both the main essence of the story. [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, sweetness and romanticism and two very powerful qualities that Nyota and Spock will share together forever. :)

Hazel: Yes, a wedding is way more powerful than a fight would have been between Spock and Kirk like in the original. :D

Mira_Jade: Yes, the mixing of cultures is something that will always be at the forefront of Spock and Nyota's union. :)

A/N: There's no dialogue in these extra scenes, but the imagery overpowers any needed. [face_love]

[b]Pon Far Far Away[/b]

[b]Extra Scenes: Love Evermore[/b]

Love, evermore... the thought of it was intoxicating to Nyota as she danced with Spock during the wedding reception back aboard the Enterprise. Audrey and the rest of the women had done a superb job in the setting for the reception with ice carvings of doves, little chocolate truffles with strawberries to eat as appetizers and the main course of both Earth and Vulcan delicacies. Nyota was surprised that the Vulcan's even had delicacies, since they were not exactly attributed with their food prowess.

Nyota flushed those thoughts out of her mind as her heartbeat fluttered in perfect harmony with Spock's. She could dance forever as he spun her around and lifted her delicately with ease. The hours would pass as mere seconds as she relished the swaying and closeness that their union had provided. She felt a oneness with him that she could never imagine being so profoundly satisfying and emotional at the same time. Their lives would be ones of togetherness and support; of love and laughter; of now and forever.

Their honeymoon started in Paris back on Earth. Spock escorted her to the most lavish romantic spots within the city. They strolled along the sidewalk cafe terrace where the lovebirds sang in joyous delight at the happy couples that walked hand in hand and side by side. They entered the Louvre museum and took in its breathtaking beauty of the arts and smooched numerous passionate kisses in between each piece of art that they observed. They then strolled to the cafe Flore en L'Isle which sits at the end of the Pont St Louis (St Louis Bridge), at the western tip of the Saint Louis Island. There they were served Berthillon ice creams and sorbets, and had a great view out of the windows.

The banks of the Seine always ooze with romance and Nyota and Spock stuck together like glue as they walked along the banks. They got off at Metro St Michel and strolled on the left bank, or on the Ile St Louis around Notre Dame Cathedral. They then find a spot in the grass and stopped for a picnic. After they ate some more chocolate covered strawberries, they decided to take a Paris boat tour and then a strolled around Notre Dame, the Pont d'Alma or other spots along the Seine, as they relished the romantic landscape all around them.

The Eiffel Tower was their final destination within the city and it sparkled at nighttime. They rode the elevator up to the top and then shared even more deeper kisses as they overlook the city. The scene was beautiful as fireworks were shot in the sky and burst with various colors and shapes including those of hearts and diamonds. The sizzling scene only inflamed their passions even more as they kissed each other passionately and held each other closely.

They spent 14 romantic days and nights within the city of Paris before they left to go to Risa, the pleasure planet. The twin moons of Risa were like jewels in the nighttime sky as they glistened and shined brightly as they were sitting on the beaches of Suraya Bay. The water lapped at their feet as they each ran a few steps into the water and out. Then they purposefully stumbled into the water as they became entangled in more passionate embraces.

They inspected the vast caves on the planet that were known to elevate one's passion for another (not that they necessarily needed it to be further elevated) and shared more p

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX posted:

There's no dialogue in these extra scenes, but the imagery overpowers any needed.

Oh yeah baby! None needed at all, and Jade is still, still, completely! Mel-ted!

Oh, the images =P~ [face_dancing] =P~ [face_love]

Paris - the quintessential romantic spot!

Risa - how exotic and wonderful!

Squggles!!

This is my fave up to now and probably will be #1 of even those fun re-dos to come! ;) [face_laugh]

Huggles!!!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ooh, wonderful extra scenes and great conclusion to the Pon Far.

No need for dialog at all!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    wonderful scenes in Paris and on Risa. Could just see them strolling there in Paris from your description

fantastic update

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh how lovely! I loved the reception, and the honeymoon was truly one for the books.

You certainly hit the high points of Paris, and Risa was beautifully described.

What a fitting and poignant end for them! (Or beginning, depending on how one looks at it. ;))

[face_love]=D=

~MJ @};-

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: The imagery of Paris and Risa definitely lends itself to Spock and Nyota's honeymoon. [:D]

Hazel: Yes, this Pon Far was way better than the original. [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, the scenes of Spock and Nyota's honeymoon were very vivid. ;)

Mira_Jade: Yes, great reception and honeymoon for Spock and Nyota. [face_love]

A/N: This next episode will be a retelling of "The Menagerie" where Pike goes to Talos IV.

[b]Caged and Confused

Act One: Regrets[/b]

I don't know when the regrets first set in; was in once I boarded the [i]Narada[/i] and entered a no-win scenario with Nero back then or was it when I had to give my ship, the one that I had first taken out amongst the stars to this hotshot new Captain, James T. Kirk.

Life is full of regrets; some are those what-if moments that we all wonder what-if I had done this and not that and so forth. It is getting past these regrets that I have to somehow now adjust to. I didn't ask to be put in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I didn't ask to be promoted to Admiral just to get me out of the way. I didn't ask for these regrets, but I experience them each and every moment of my life. Life for me now is a constant stream of regrets; and I for one long for a purpose again to make a difference out there amongst the stars.

What did my regrets get me? Just a cushy desk job that any happy-go-lucky fool would trade me in an instant. And yet, it's all that I have. Being an Admiral within Starfleet does have it perks, but I really couldn't name one at the moment. I just keep getting brushed back by Starfleet's brass as if I were a fly inside an airless cage; devoid of life and purpose. I want to walk again. I want to go out there again. I want, but I can't get.

I've practically demanded that Starfleet send me to the best doctors available to get me to walk again. All of this blasted technology and they can't make me walk again. They tell me that due to the Centaurian Slug that permanently damaged my nervous system that they have no known cure to regenerate my nerve connections. I slam my fist on my desk and swish the stacked papers to the side in disgust. I don't believe them. I think that Starfleet wants to keep me here at my desk doing meaningless paperwork. I almost want to retire, but then I know that if I do that then I will truly have given up all hope.

I'm going to go out there amongst the stars again. I will. I don't care where I go or where I land. I must leave before the madness consumes me. I won't tell anyone except for Spock; for he has been my lone confidant through these troubling times. I send him an encoded communication.

"To Commander Spock: I have asked for some leave to gather my remaining feeble thoughts. I will be boarding the Intrepid with the total Vulcan crew because they are the only ones that I trust. I have told them to take me to an unexplored region far away from Starfleet. I will notify you when I get there and what I decide to do thereafter. Until then, keep me in your thoughts and prayers." Signed: Admiral Christopher Pike.

[hr]