main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] When Halves Become Wholes (Amanda/Sarek, Nyota/Spock) ~~Thanks up: 01-26-2011!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: When Halves Become Wholes - A Story of Love Across Generations

Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Mush, humor, drama.

Characters: A/S, N/S.

Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.

Summary: Chronicles the beautiful parallels of these two wonderful soulmate pairs.

A/N #1: Thanks to the invaluable assistance of Mira for several bunnies [face_love] :* They're very delicious! ;) :D

A/N #2: Hugs to Master Jay -- whose Trek fic gift request inspired this entire idea of paralleling LOL
    [:D]

Part 1: Amanda/Sarek - An Auspicious Beginning -- How Could It Not Be?

Amanda Grayson was at the Vulcan Art Exhibit at the San Francisco Xenosociological Museum. She and her class of 3rd-tier students in primary school were looking at a very impressionist form of Middle Vulcan art. Even classical European Renaissance era art of the impressionist style gave Amanda fits.

Her coworker and close friend, Ashley Fenton, was also attending the exhibit. She, compulsive person that she was, had studied all the data files she could so she could sound like an official museum tour guide.

Amanda grimaced. She'd read through about a half hour's worth before her eyes crossed.

"Psst!" Ashley now called across to Amanda. "Look over there! The Vulcan Ambassador and Vice Admiral Nogura are over there!"

Amanda spared a glance, and her eyes started to sparkle and her heart skipped a beat. The Vulcan Ambassador, Sarek, she'd read in the HoloPress, was a stunner. He was what her father would call dressed all up in a "suit and tie", and the jacket outlined his physique most splendidly.

Those marvelously exotic ears -- she almost felt as if she'd returned to her blushing adolescent days...

This not inexplicable distraction and the fact she didn't know all she could about the subject led her to make a misstatement.

Sarek, who was at the adjacent exhibit, and whose own conversation was at a natural lull, overheard. He excused himself and stepped over.

He excused himself most courteously to Amanda and corrected her on the technical detail relating to the color pattern and the use of lighting involved.

She glowered, even while her heart fluttered.

He caught her fierce look, while her students gawked, whether at their teacher being corrected, or by the very charismatic person who had made it.

Charismatic? Where did that come from?

Outside on the museum steps, Sarek was waiting for Amanda.

"Ma'am," he told her, "I hope I did not humiliate or embarrass you too much in front of your students."

"The name's Ms. Grayson, Sir." She responded coolly, even while she hoped she wasn't blushing. "Are you usually in the habit of correcting complete strangers?"

His eyebrow quirked, and his wonderfully rich voice took on a note she would later learn to be one indicative of intense amusement. "Not ... usually. I just wanted to do so for the edification of this and any future classes you brought here."

She thawed, realizing his intentions were well-meant. "Then, I thank you."

"I would hate to think, Ms. Grayson, that you would form a low opinion of me. Perhaps, we could meet for coffee later this week, after our work day?s end?"

"I --" She paused. This couldn't be the norm either, for the reserved Vulcan race, not if even one third of what she'd heard was true. "I would enjoy that very much." She agreed, passing over a datachip with her contact information on it. "Call me at any of those codes." She smiled.

He handed her his own card in exchange. "You shall be hearing from me." He told her and offered the Vulcan salute, which she adeptly returned.

Ashley, eyes agog, said: "Were you just being polite?"

Amanda, who had initially thought she was, suddenly realized there was more to it than that. "No -- I think I actually feel something -- very close to fascination." She chuckled.

They met for coffee two days later. It turned out they shared many hobbies in common, loving live performances at the theater and music of many varieties, and both being extremely intere

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I am so happy to see this up!

I mean - squee worthy happy, which is precisely what I did upon reading this. [face_love] :D

First off, I adore the idea and format of this fic - Amanda and Sarek will and have faced many of the same hurdles and good times that Nyota and Spock will - most likely more considering Sarek doesn't have the human half that Spock does. Oh, this fic is rift with scenes to explore!

And this first meeting was a great place to start! Of course it would be brains before beauty for Sarek - and Amanda's 'fascination' from the start was awesome to read (handsome and 'charismatic!' :p. Sarek's correction was perfectly in character for him - aiding her knowledge would not have been rude in his eyes, and he wouldn't have thought to adjust her tone. Especially when she was educating students about his race! Now, worrying about her opinion - ha! The guy is already acting most un-Vulcan. I loved that she had him so twitter-patted so early on. [face_love][face_dancing]

And then you know you have Nyota and Spock down. [face_love]

I am already enjoying this more than words can say!! [face_dancing]

SQUUEEEEE!!!! [face_dancing] [face_love] :D [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think I going to love this! [face_blush]

There is so little about Amanda and Sarek in cannon, I always wondered how they came to be, what their relationship was like.

And to parallel that with Spock and Nyota, well thats just wonderful.

I'm melting as I type!

[:D] :* [:D] :* [:D]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    yes more Vulcan/Human interaction from my favorite couples in Trek 2009 and from the master of mush[:D]:*

PM please

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm just a melted puddle of goo.

Not a good thing when I'm about to go out on a date.

:D

But I love the idea of this. I love Amanda/Sarek and Spock/Nyota.

And since we don't see A/S very often, and the fact you are delving into it is great!

I cannot wait to see more!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Master Jay:

I know your dude can't live up to Spock's off the chain edibleness -- but if you're lucky, maybe he can rate a Jag.

=P~

Hee. That works, that or Kyp LOL

[face_mischief]

But the Vulcans rule!

[face_love]

Have for me since more years than I care to count -- and that was before 2009 -- since then, it's been ... deeper!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Wonderful little touches cause electric sparks [face_dancing]

Part 1: An Accidental Meeting and a Helping Hand

Amanda told herself in the days following her first meeting with Sarek that she had found a very interesting new friend. That was all they could ever be: their careers would and did take them in very different directions ... and he was doubtless promised to someone in a contracted bonding, even if the actual joining wasn't to take place for some time yet. She had only the vaguest notion of how such things worked, only going by speculations and half-heard snippets.

She didn't know how to precisely define their times together -- she decided it would be best to define it the same as she would an outing for refreshments or entertainment with her lady friends -- "socializing" or "getting acquainted" seemed to be the most suitable.

The first time they'd shared coffee together, she had teasingly remarked that doing so wasn't a prelude to anything -- it was an end in and of itself. She'd wanted to satisfy a curiosity about him -- and to satisfy any obligation he might feel to "make it up" to her.

She had insisted that first time that she hadn't minded, it had just disconcerted her happening as it had in front of her students -- not that they were expected to think she was infallible.

"Next time do it away from my students." She'd grinned.

But far from the curiosity and the obligation being finished, it seemed only to grow.

But precisely what was it growing into?

It was during this in-between -- or right-before time that she was shopping for new shoes and an anniversary gift for Ashley and her husband, Stefan.

She was coming along the pedwalk with her mind off in the clouds somewhere when her heel caught in the uneven surface. She gripped her parcel even more tightly and felt her ankle give a small twinge.

She would have slipped altogether had a strong hand not gripped her elbow to keep her from losing her balance.

The grip was strong, and she looked up into the deep and intriguing eyes of Sarek. His hand was warm as well. But even more electrifying -- she felt the touch of his mind on hers -- very briefly and very lightly, but it made her feel strangely hollow when he disengaged.

All of this made little tingles run up her spine as she said softly: "Thank you."

"I am glad I was able to prevent injury to you," He replied, releasing her. He watched her very closely, keeping pace with her. For his part, touching her had been most revealing, although he had shut out instinctively all but the most surface planes of her thoughts and emotions -- these seemed to have quite a bit to do with him, for some inexplicable reason.

"I don't mean to take you out of your way." She said courteously. "I can make it -- I'm sure I won't have another close call." She laughed ruefully. "I'm not clumsy as a rule."

Sarek remarked: "Perhaps it is the height of your heels that is the problem?"

"Are you calling my taste in footwear into question, now, Ambassador?" She quipped, her brown eyes sparkling. The amber highlights in them seemed to intensify as he gazed into her eyes.

"I am hardly in a position to do that, Ms. Grayson." Sarek rejoined.

This made her chuckle.

This, in turn, caused him to quirk an eyebrow at her.

"Did I say something amusing?" He wondered.

Her heart did a little flip. "Not intentionally, obviously. It will take quite a bit to explain the quirkiness of our -- or perhaps it's my - style of humor. Are you free for dinner?"

Had she just asked him that?!

Sarek's eyes widened at the question. "Yes." He paused, remembering what he had heard from his Human acquaintances and diplomatic colleagues on the custom of dating -- their conversations had been quite mystifying.

He queried: "Are you requesting a date, perhaps?"

She blushed. She wanted to deny it -- but could she?

"I won't call it that, if you'd rather not." She smirked. "That's a whole different can of worms."

"Can of worms --?" He inquired.

"Definitely. It'll

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, the electric butterflies have spawned ...

* sigh *

[face_blush]

And since when is it called curiosity?

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet update. The ladies are up to it[face_love] and the men will follow their lead;)

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    For the love of everythings squee-able, Deb, have I told you how thrilled I am that you are a quick updater with these? :p Because I totally am!! :D

[face_dancing]

I love this stage in any relationship when I choose what I want to write about. And you have tackled it most supperbly! :D [face_love]

"I am glad I was able to prevent injury to you," He replied, releasing her. He watched her very closely, keeping pace with her. For his part, touching her had been most revealing, although he had shut out instinctively all but the most surface planes of her thoughts and emotions -- these seemed to have quite a bit to do with him, for some inexplicable reason.

Have I mentioned how much I adore knight-in-shining-armor Vulcan's? Because I totally do. :p The first mental flutters were beautiful, as well. [face_love]

As they parted, she had the most puzzling urge to experience his touch again. And the sound of her name when he spoke it did things to her equilibrium she could not defy.

[face_love]!!!!

I loved the voice that you are developing for Amanda - she is so much like Nyota, but reading her is still its own seperate experience. Sarek is even more green to human-isms than Spock was at first, and it is a blast to read. :p

And speaking of -

Sweet Force woman, warn a girl before you go and write a scene like that! :p It was just . . . effortlessly comfortable, and innocently intense to read. It was such a small moment in their lives, but the way it read and felt . . . yep. [face_love]

The fangirl in me is spoiled right now, and that is a fact! [face_love]

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

11. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh be still my heart.

That was just...

electrifying. Fascinating. Absolutely adorable.

I am loving this Jade! You're inspiring the muse!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: First dates -- yum! The beach side stroll alluded to in Part 2 occurs in Cherished Moments Entry #7, part 1. :D

Part 1: Erm ... how to bring this up

As you settled in the booth waiting for the server, you sighed ruefully as you checked your "missed" comm messages. After making a settings change, you smirked and put the device back in your bag.

"A colleague of mine, Drake Tanner, keeps calling me -- ostensibly to discuss some very urgent matter. Then when I meet with him, he flirts with me and pesters me to go out with him. I've told him at least twice not to do so again. Well, I fixed that." You laughed wickedly. "I just blocked his number -- none of his future calls will get through. If that doesn't send the message, nothing will!"

"It sounds like you are averse to dating casually, or is it to the mere idea altogether of dating at all?" The question seemed weighted with an unknown significance.

You smiled softly. "I did the whole "promise ring" and "go steady" thing in high school. Now, if I take enough of an interest to date someone, it'll be for the long-term."

After the server took your orders, you continued. "I suppose you must find a degree of comfortableness in being promised to someone early on -- although it takes some of the "adventure" out of the search for your soul-mate." You grinned. "And if you happen not to be best suited to the one to whom you're promised --" You broke off, blushing. "Sarek ... I'm sorry! I must be treading on all kinds of --"

"No, Amanda. It is not a forbidden topic." Something like amusement glowed in his eyes. "I did have a promised life-mate. We dissolved our provisional bond 5 years ago. She took a posting on a science colony, and we had a most amicable parting."

"Gracious! I'm sorry to hear that." You replied sympathetically, taking a sip of your mineral water with lime wedges. "I don't doubt you miss her though."

"One cannot miss what has never been." He observed.

"You held affection for her, doubtlessly?" You pressed.

He pondered the word. "I would more likely refer to it as an attachment."

You chuckled as the salads were brought and remarked: "Well! Not a roaring passion, then?" Your eyes danced with mischief. Why did you feel a sense of relief that it hadn?t been a ?roaring passion??

"That is a very sentimental description." He rejoined.

You laughed, and the conversation moved onto other things: your families for one. You were very impressed at how far back he could trace his lineage. "I can go back only as far as my great-grandparents, although I suppose if I wanted to, I could do a TransNet search."

"But you obviously did not feel inclined ..." He added.

"Not enough to take the time, no, although sometimes I think it would be incredibly interesting to see what famous or notorious persons lurk in our family tree."

Your pleasant time lengthened to include a wonderful dessert: a puff pastry filled with a rich cream.

As you left the restaurant, the first beams of moonlight were starting to show overhead. "Oh! I love this time of day -- the crescent, half, or full moon is always a pleasure -- sometimes I drive out to the beach or the lake just to look at it over the water." You smiled wistfully. "Moonlight has inspired so many romantic ballads and poems -- and it's no wonder looking at how lovely it is."

He glanced over at you speculatively. You shivered suddenly as a slight breeze sprang up, but somehow you felt it was more than that with his eyes on you that way.

You paused by your hover-car, and he began quietly: "I find myself thinking of you at the oddest moments, and most irrelevantly. You fascinate me most inexplicably, Amanda."

Your heart seemed to stop. The word "fascinating" -- had the word ever held such loveliness before?

"I certainly didn't set out to do any such thing." You insisted. "And I'm not ready to have my life turned upside down and sideways by a relationship."

Even as you said this, you wondered if it were true, as he lightly cupped your cheek. The cont

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Vulcan, and half-vulcan, males are definitely rising in my favorites ranking.

[:D] :* [:D]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The word "fascinating" -- had the word ever held such loveliness before?

[:D][:D] I loved that and the entire update was utterly loveable and mushy=D==D=[:D]

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Amanda and Sarek's conversation was perfect! Perfect parts I-like-you-but-I'm-tenative meets awkward fumbling, meets just made for you-ness. [face_love]

And speaking of you-ness, thanks for such an awesome use of 2nd person POV. You know that that is a favorite of mine. [face_love]

I realy enjoyed the comparision of human and Vulcan 'courting' methods. For Vulcans, a bondmate is something nessesary for the psysio reasons, and any of the more passionate bonds that grew would be kept very, very quiet. Sarek being this open with her is already such a telling sign . . . [face_love]

"It's definitely something worth -- looking into." You decided after a slight pause. You were touched by his words, and in a thank-you, you leaned over and kissed him lightly.

This, also, blossomed into something beyond expectations. He deepened it, tracing your lips most sensuously, as if memorizing their taste and texture.

Oh, SQUEE!!!!

That was a surprise while reading, but a very, veeeery good one. :D

The man's already a natural. :p

Oh, that was WONDERFUL!! [face_love]

---

He asked her to dance to the song Fever and she eagerly accepted.

He held her tentatively at first, and she chuckled, giving his hand an encouraging squeeze. "I'm not made of crystal, you know."

And, as always, you write our duo like nothing else. [face_love] - I loved that line! [face_love]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the comments :) Oh yes that was wonderful to write! I melt with each section, and this postie is no exception!!!

~~~

Part 1: Things that Melt --

Amanda groaned. She had attended the annual fall carnival and had indulged too much in frankfurters, salty baked pretzels, and cotton candy.

She closed her eyes and thought: I must be a goner if I can't even tend to my flowering plants!

She loved all growing things and definitely had a "green thumb."

Sarek found her there 15 minutes after she'd come into the garden area and still she hadn't been able to do anything but sit very still.

He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Amanda?"

She opened her eyes. "Hi, sweetheart. I overindulged in the snacks, I'm afraid. Although," She grinned up at him as she got to her feet, "I saved you some spun sugar, or cotton candy as it's known in the vernacular. It melts in your mouth as soon as you take a bite!"

He followed her into her kitchen and dining area. She removed a fluffy confection from a carry sack and handed it to him.

She smirked as he took a bite and watched his eyes widen at the wonderful sensation as it dissolved.

"Quite fantastic, isn't it?" She asked and stepped closer. "The slow melt is absolutely the #1 reason for stuffing oneself on these things. They have no calorically redeeming value, but alas! Many delicious things don't."

"Amanda," He interjected, reaching out to clasp her shoulders. "I have a favor to ask."

She gazed into his eyes. Over the past weeks, she had seen more of him, and her feelings had deepened to the point where she was sending him little hellos via text throughout the day and humming snatches of sentimental songs at the oddest moments.

"I am attending a very important diplomatic function this week end and wish you to come as my guest."

"What?! You want me to chat up a series of crashing-bore types? And I don't have a thing to wear! I mean, I have very nice things for the opera and theater -- but ..."

"Those would do fine, Amanda, and I'm sure you would comport yourself excellently." He persisted.

Something in his tone gave her pause. He wasn't asking for any trivial reason but to proclaim her officially as his unofficial-as-yet but definite intended.

Her heart melted, and she clung to him and said: "Oh, yes, darling! I'll come with you."

Her first "I love you" had taken him by surprise -- and then her ease with endearments was something he quickly became accustomed to.

Asking her to this function was something that didn't take much consideration. Every nuance of her actions and words was all he had hoped, and more. It confirmed him in his choice of her as a life-partner (although the alacrity with which he'd come to prefer her for such had been totally unexpected!)

Seeing her looking so lovely in her elegant gown with the low back and black lace shawl and 2-inch heels ... She was very adept at the "small talk" and the repartee.
    She also kept the requisite distance from him, although whenever their eyes met, her glance was very warm.

But when Amanda found the baklava, -- things got decidedly flirtatious.

She held a plate of the pastries in one hand while her eyes beckoned him out to the side balcony.

As he joined her, she grinned. "You need to try this. I have a couple of extra cleansing wipes. It's rather sticky."

She took a bite of the honey-drenched pastry and closed her eyes in pleasure.

Sarek derived a never-ending -- dare he call it delight? -- in watching her in such moments.

He tasted one of the pastries and said: "Ah, yes, I can see why you would find this combination of tastes pleasurable."

She chuckled. "Now, admit it, Sarek! You like it, too."

He cocked a brow at her. "I wouldn't object to having another." Was all he'd say in reply, which caused her to laugh some more.

She used one of the wipes, but instead of handing him the other one, she took his hands in hers and kissed them clean, slowly, with a little lick for good measure.

His eyes darkened at h

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Is melting contagious? I think it is! [face_laugh] [face_love]

Like cotton candy melting in your mouth contagious. ;) [face_love]

She drew them to a halt. "Thanks for asking." She leaned up to kiss him with authority. "I love you. I really do."

He kissed her back, and through their nascent bond, his "I know," whispered across to her as did his: "I cherish you."

You know I am a sucker for bond-ly type things. [face_love] That whole scene was just made of WIN! :D

---

And the mental image of Spock and Nyota at the fair was just adorable. [face_love]

And I love that I now have a mental context for the k'lar stones. [face_love] Those white earings she wore had to have some signifigance. [face_mischief]

Thanks for such a beautiful set! I am officially spoiled! [face_love] [face_dancing]

TIAF!!!

~MJ @};-

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That makes two of us!
    [face_blush] @};- [face_love]

19. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Hey look its a chain reaction of melting!!!

I did too!!!

I loved every bit of it.

Yes you do spoil us Jade!!!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    melting hmmm, sugarcandy and baclava are known for melting delicious sweetness.

Loved the sweetness of this update=D=[:D][face_dancing]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments :*

~

This is funner than a stroll through Willie's Chocolate Factory :)

~~

Part 1: Anything But Pookie Bear

Amanda called Sarek by endearments she had felt he could and would accept, knowing her womanly sentimentality. "Darling" and "sweetheart" were ones that flowed easiest.

When thinking of what he was to her -- significant other seemed too standoffish and "boyfriend" too juvenile. Soul-mate -- that was very poetic and some might call it flowery -- but it seemed to fit, somehow.

When he called her "ashal-veh" after one evening of dinner and a live concert, she had felt a thrill all through her. She knew what that term meant, and it was gorgeous: "beloved" or "cherished one."

Amanda would never ever refer to Sarek as "pookie bear" as Stefan did to Ashley -- but sometimes, when he was being particularly himself, oh! She was tempted. (My lovable pookie bear.) But she didn't dare, so she refrained!

[face_laugh]

* * * ~~~~

Part 2: I've Always Held You to Be So

Nyota had thought of Spock as "hers" for so long, that endearments like "love" and "dearest heart" came amazingly easily.

When he called her ashal-veh that first time, she melted, actually melted on the spot!

She would gaze at him often in awed wonder and think: You love me. You could have so easily just thought of me as a good friend, irregardless of what I wished or felt! The very thought made her shudder.

She voiced this to him once as they lay star-gazing in a secluded spot.

"No, my love. I could not have done that." He objected.

"Really?" Nyota asked. "And why's that?" Her eyes danced and sparkled.

"Because there would have been a decided illogic in letting you, as the saying is, get away." He replied, his tender gaze intent upon her.

Nyota gave a happy squeal and pounced - very, very lovingly. Needless to say, star-gazing was done for that night!

+++++++

RAPTURES & MELT!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely and pookie bear[face_laugh] no not something Amanda would call Sarek;) They are made for eachother=D= and the same is with Spock and Uhura

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Personally, I would love to see what would happen if Amanda were to call Sarek 'pookie bear'. :p [face_laugh]

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Part One:

Oh, I would love, love, love!!! to see Amanda call Sarek pookie-bear. Just once. Oh, the twitch . . . That famed Vulcan, I am soooo finding this distasteful but I won't show you that look. Yep. [face_love]

Part Two:

I adored Nyota's fond disbelievement at the beginning of this. The whole viggie was rapturously done. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback :* and this one also was a blast, WEIN.

Part 1: Thank you for Indulging Me

When Amanda was able to persuade Sarek to go with her to a revival of "old movie" romantic classics, he'd cocked an eyebrow as if to say: What is the cultural value of those?

She had chuckled and said: "It's Pride and Prejudice."

Amanda loved Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer romances, and all authored by the Brontes. The nuances of the periods in history were very intriguing to her.

But she could tell Sarek was at a loss to understand the dreamy-eyed appeal.

So afterwards, she smiled fondly up at him and said: "Thanks for indulging me, sweetheart. It was sweet of you."

Ashley would no doubt remark he just didn't want to "be in the dog-house."

Amanda thought: I wouldn't do that over such a trifle.

"You are most welcome, Amanda. Do you identify with the female protagonist?" Sarek asked after a pause.

Amanda grinned, her dark eyes twinkling. "Not particularly. But I do like happy ever after endings."

"And you believe you shall experience one?" Sarek probed, holding her gaze.

"With you? I have no doubt." She whispered.

A couple of days later, Amanda noticed Sarek perusing a book-reader and the disc he had open was --

"Sarek, You're actually reading the original!?" Her voice was filled with tender amusement.

"Merely to compare it to the film adaptation." Sarek insisted with dignity.

"And?" She asked.

"The appeal still escapes me, I must confess."

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around him. "You are just beyond adorable!" She murmured, kissing him warmly.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: Better than Mr. Darcy Any Day of the Week, My Own

Nyota had holovids of all the romantic classics. Pride and Prejudice was among them. As a young girl, she had found Mr. Darcy most compelling.

She succeeded in coaxing Spock to watch it with her one evening.

She had a huge bowl of buttery popped corn, which she willingly shared.

Afterwards, he gave her a most figuring-out-a-puzzle look.

She fought not to laugh.

"I hope you do not see yourself as Ms. Bennett? Or," He said in quelling tones, "a reflection of Mr. Darcy in me?"

She smiled mysteriously and teasingly, keeping her true opinion of her love in comparison to Darcy strictly to herself, until --

A couple days later when she found Spock reading the text of the original on the 'net.

At her involuntary gasp of surprise, he looked up. "I am simply trying to determine which facets of his approach and demeanor you find most appealing so that --"

She interrupted him with a laughing kiss. "Oh, my sweet, precious love! You need no "pointers" ... I got over any girlhood crush years ago. And you ... you -- satisfy me completely." She blushed.

He turned off the reader and wrapped her up tight in an embrace, kissing her nose and dancing eyes, and lastly her lips.

"Then I believe I can find something more productive to do with the rest of our evening." He remarked, stroking a hand leisurely up and down her back.

She melted, utterly, and whispered: "So, Imzadi, can I."

+++++

Nope, the novelty of typing while gooified has not worn off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.