main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] When Halves Become Wholes (Amanda/Sarek, Nyota/Spock) ~~Thanks up: 01-26-2011!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Spock is definitely nothing like Mr. Darcy. :D

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was lovely. [face_love]

I'm a sucker for Jane Austen to begin with, and to see it mixed in like this was perfect. I adored Sarek going to read the original, as well . . . It was just so Vulcan of him. [face_love]

And I can see lots of Mr. Darcy in our guys - cool and poised, and maybe even arrogant to an unwitting observer. Underneath, passion and a heart of gold. [face_love]

Oh great, cue dreamy smile there . . . :p

You're a bad influence, Deb - but I love it. [:D]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those Vulcans reading Pride and Prejudice and their reactions[face_love]

Nice update=D=[face_dancing]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great comments. :D

A/N: The first one of these was sparked by the lovely song: Ribbon In the Sky. :)

A/N 2: The endearment in part 1 means "wife."

The endearment in Part 2 and its definition:

K'hat'n'dlawa - half of each other's heart and soul. An ancient term not used since before the teachings of Surak.

"k'diwa" is the lesser form and means beloved. Aren't those yummy?

Part 1: Not Needing Much Thought

In years to come, Sarek would never actually be able to tell what precisely had drawn him to the intriguing Amanda Grayson.

Or how actually he had known he wanted her for a life-mate and knew in his deepest self that she wanted this also.

They spoke of this openly one starry night as she stretched out on a greensward with her head in his lap.

"I find it amazing," Amanda mused aloud, "How just a few short months ago I didn't even know you, and when we met, I thought you were an insolent snot." She chuckled, her eyes laughing and warm.

"You were fascinated with me." he contradicted. "As I was with you."

She beamed and could not deny it.

Then her tone grew serious again and tender: "But now, Sarek of Vulcan, I want my life to be meshed with yours, however or whatever that takes." She finished sincerely.

He was silent for a long moment. He had indeed broached the topic with his family and clan leaders -- he was firm in his wish to take Amanda as a bondmate, but he also did not want to uproot her from all she'd known or to take her "yes" for granted. He did not question her feelings or commitment, but he wanted her to understand all the implications.

At the family meeting, he had spoken of the "irrefutable logic" of taking a Terran lady as a bondmate, and had staunchly denied any interest in taking another Vulcan into such a contracted relationship.

His silence made her look at him. He could tell that she thought perhaps she had said too much, or too overtly?

"There are many things we must discuss, Amanda." He said at last, brushing the hair out of her eyes with a gentle touch. "But the first I must tell you is that I would be honored to have you as my aduna, if you --"

Amanda tackled him and said between kisses: "No ifs about it, my darling. I am yours." Her tone imbued the word with all she knew it signified.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: Love Means Two Souls Inhabiting One Body

As Spock watches Nyota sleep, he is struck by her loveliness even in repose. He reaches a hand to brush back a wayward tress. She stirs briefly but does not fully awaken. A light smile touches her face, as she feels his touch.

She is courageous, warm, and overflowing with a love of life that some might find exhausting, but which Spock finds invigorating. Serving with her has been a privilege and an adventure, as well. Her competence is unequalled, but whenever she is in harm's way, it tears at him in a way he does not even try to deny.

Knowing the risks as he does, however, he would not have chosen otherwise than to have her at his side always, and cannot imagine life without her. When was she not at the center of his thoughts and deepest longings? It is impossible to recall.

She murmurs softly, opening her eyes to gaze fondly at him: "My love, what are you thinking about so raptly?"

He leans to kiss her warm lips and replies: "I was contemplating my choice of you, Nyota."

"Ah, Spock." Nyota teases, her eyes sparkling with mischief, "No regrets, I hope?"

He tightens his hold on her, kissing her soundly while murmuring: "My k'hat'n'dlawa, never at all. How could I not cherish you?"

She gasps at the endearment. "Oh, I do adore you!!!"

Nyota proceeds to prove this most satisfyingly, and even though she cannot take as long as she would like, she more than makes up for this in zeal.

+++++++++

Whee squee!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    K'hat'n'dlawa - half of each other's heart and soul

That is SO fitting for all our favorite couples. [face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, that was too lovely for words. [face_love]

Sarek's quite thoughts, and his 'reasoning' with his clan elders was fun to get a glimpse at. Oh, I would loooove to see him have that conversation with T'Pau, since the matriarch of the clan arranges that sort of stuff . . .

And she didn't even let him finish before saying yes. [face_laugh][face_love]

---

I adore how easily he slipped the endearment in.

It was just . . . lovely. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I agree, lovely and adorable and they are sharing one soul.[face_love]

Love those words in another language=D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Part 1: Jet Skiing is Fun, but This is --

When Amanda and Sarek go on a jaunt around a nearby bay on jet skis, the sky above is the clearest azure you'd ever want to see.

The water is just as blue, and so clear you can see all the way to the bottom.

Amanda wears her hair loose and she laughs and exults in the sun and spray, and in Sarek looking delectable on the jet ski.
    Afterwards, he takes her to a Greek bistro and then tells her he has something for her.

Her stomach gets all butterflies. She takes the beautiful gilded box he hands her and opens it and gasps!

Inside nestles the most exquisite ear-rings and necklace set she has ever seen. They have the fire of glowing stars and they're warm in her hands.

He tells her they are rare, and the glow in his eyes tells her he thinks she is, too.

Amanda melts, absolutely. She gives him many grateful kisses.

They are her prized possession, because he gives them to her.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: Don't Tickle Me on a Jet Ski!

Nyota and Spock go jet skiing one week end afternoon; he looks downright edible, she thinks.

The spray catches on his lashes and lips, and she kisses it away, just because she cannot resist.

He reaches to tickle her waist, and she laughs and fights to keep her balance.

She cannot scold him, though; his touch is always welcome.

"You know," She muses later, as they curl up on the sofa, "You surely are at your ease on the water, love. You seem to enjoy water sports."

"I indulge in them as much as possible, and always have. My mother is quite fond of them, and she got my father to participate in them. At first, I believe he did it to please her, but then found a degree of pleasure and relaxation in doing so for himself."

"If he looks anything like you do in swimming attire, I'm sure I can understand her enthusiasm." Nyota half-quips.

Spock raises an affectionate, teasing brow, and she laughs.

"So," She teases after a pause. "Is he as persuadable and accommodating as you are to my whimsies?"

Spock replies warmly: "Let's just say, my own, that she is as persistent as you are in many cases, and no doubt my father finds her gratitude and pleasure as rewarding as I find yours."

She beams and gets up from the sofa. "I'm in the mood for a slow dance." She says and changes the musical selection to something sultry and slow.

As he holds her near, she basks in the closeness and feels she would be quite willing to stay in his embrace without any music at all.

++++

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm [face_love] to picture Amanda and Sarek and Spock and Uhura on jet-ski's:* Lovely and what Amanda go[:D]

Nice update[face_dancing]

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    He looks downright edible, she thinks.

* imagines Spock in swimming attire *

[face_blush] =P~

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These were so much fun to read! [face_love]

Sweet and fun and flirty - and really nice to see them in natural day to day activities. ;) :D

[:D]

~MJ @};-

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, I did enjoy the fun on the water and after set. :)

But this one takes the entire bakery of cakes.

[face_love]

~~

Part 1: Yes, I Was Born for This Moment

Sarek teaches her the nuances of the varied levels of melding: some for factual or thought exchange, others for empathic sharing of feelings, still others for divulging of memories.

The tel-tor is something else altogether, both in intensity and nature.

He demonstrates the diverse kinds of touches, letting her get acclimated and easy with them. Amanda seems to relish the experience deeply; her amazed expression indicates this clearly.

"So your fiancee broke it off before you reached the final, deepest bonding?" She asks one evening, and then blushes. "Oh, forgive me! That is totally uncalled for! Although how she could let you go at all -- but then again, I wouldn't have you, would I?" She grins.

"You are correct--she and I parted before we took that final and official step. And I have to tell you that my connection with you is much richer than mine was with her."

"Hmmm. Why's that, I wonder?" Amanda sips her hot chocolate thoughtfully.

"You are quite unique." Sarek replies, most matter of factly.

She smiles. "Ah! Just what a lady likes to hear, darling."

He suggests a deeper meld than they have ever shared: one that incorporates the varying levels of sharing--memories, thoughts, and emotions.

She agrees eagerly. Their minds converge and flow together as a single stream. She is becoming more and more receptive, and the aftermath is resulting in an ever-deepening connection. This time is even more rapturous. If the other times were like swimming in a crystalline lake, this is like the ocean, with majestic sweeping waves.

When he lessens the contact finally, she finds herself twined around him. She breathes in wonder: "Oh!" Then her tone becomes teasing: "I am so glad I let you talk me into dating you."

"Indeed, is that how it was?" Sarek's murmur is decidedly amused.

"Yes, because I wouldn't have missed this for anything in all of the worlds!"

* * * ~~~

Part 2: How My Heart Thrills to This!

?Spock, I need to talk to you.? You say shyly. Even in your confidences to Sherra and Kashore, there is something you have not mentioned -- the existence of which thrills you to no end.

He sets his PADDs aside, meeting your gaze; his expression becoming less austere and more relaxed, something which your eyes are becoming accustomed to reading in him, a nuance you believe you alone are privy to.

You look around, biting your lip and hesitating to come all the way in.

?My office hours are coming to a close, and I have no appointments for the rest of the eve,? Spock speaks to the thoughts directly from your mind. ?You can speak freely of what weighs on you.?

You nod as the doors slid shut softly. You take a seat before his desk. Folding your hands properly, you lean forward with a serious look.

?I've been experiencing something odd lately, and I wanted to ask you if it was something outside of the norm ... Or something to be expected with telepathic beings ... or ... I'm rambling, aren't I?? You taper off sheepishly.

?Yes,? he honestly answers, but you can feel his amused smirk against your mind.

You lift a hand to tap the side of your temple with your first two fingers. ?Lately, I have been feeling ... you. Here. I can feel vague things ? your emotions, or glimpses of them anyway. And when I really concentrate I can almost hear your thoughts. Is that ... is that normal??

You suddenly lean over the desk, as if to be closer to him would allow you to read his thoughts in his eyes as well as through the mental connection.

Spock is regarding you curiously, as if weighing his words.

?I have said before that my people do not take on intimate relationships casually ... and this link between minds is a reason why.?

?The tel-tor?? You ask.

?That is the marital bond,? Spock explains, ?and much stronger than what you are feeling now. Now you are feeling just a vague empathic b

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Beautiful! @};-

I imagine this kind of bond to be like being immersed in your lover's soul, deeper and deeper until your own soul disolves and becomes one with his.

[face_love]

PS - Congratulations on your colors, Jade! :*

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    First congrats on your colours =D==D= and Hmmmm sweet and beautiful with minds merging like this. And the poem[:D]=D=

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Deb!!!

My heart! You completely ran away with it here. [face_love]

There was . . . mental bondings, and PUSHKIN! For the love of Pushkin, this was lovely. [face_love]

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for these!!! [:D]

[face_love]

~MJ @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yes, I adored writing every syllable! And thanks! :D

This one -- was all levels of fun!

:D

[face_dancing]

~~~~~~~

A/N: The gorgeous memorial referred to was in Mira's Lovely Way viggie series and described in my diary Entry #20. :D

Part 1: I Won't Kiss Your Boots, Your Highnessness

When Sarek tells Amanda over dinner that the high matriarch of their family clan will be visiting an important function and that he wishes to make introductions, her dark eyes widen in consternation.

"Oh gracious, Sarek! Do tell me if there's something I should or should not say!' She exclaims. "I would hate to embarrass you in any way!"

"I have already spoken to her of you and there is nothing beyond the stance you would take with any other dignitary." He replies, "I have always been impressed with your exemplary comportment."

Amanda grinned. She was no "boot-kisser" by half, but she knew how to be courteous.

She sighs, twisting the cloth napkin she was holding in her hands. "She couldn't negate our joining, if she disapproved?"

"The clan leader's opinion is given deeper weight for the traditional bonding; in the case of voluntary joinings, it is given deferential consideration, but it has no veto powers." He assures her.

Amanda looks absolutely breathtaking in a soft teal evening gown, with her hair twined about and held in place with sapphires.

She comports herself most excellently with T'Pau as Sarek knew she would.

When that daunting lady asks how she will adapt to such a radical shift in culture, Amanda says coolly:

"I have confidence in my resilience, resourcefulness, and intelligence, and I am highly motivated; Sarek has the utmost confidence in me and would not have courted me otherwise. I believe, if nothing else, you will have to defer to his judgment in this instance."

Later, she gasps: "Did I really stick both feet in it that time, sweetheart?"

Sarek raises both eyebrows at her, which makes the butterflies twirl most distractingly.

"You might think so, Amanda," He replies, a tender glow in his eyes, "But actually, she respected your outspokenness."

She gives a relieved sigh. He kisses her most thoroughly, and their bond tingles with it.

And her toes curl, permanently.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: A Little Less Glacial

During the wonderfully poignant memorial for those tragically lost through Nero's horrific actions, Nyota had briefly encountered T'Pau; but in the rush of speeches and her personal preoccupations, she had given no more than a courteous greeting.

Sarek had spoken highly of her to T'Pau and had praised her warmly, as he told her in letters the two of them exchanged. He had commended her work at the Vulcan colony helping the archaeologists with the artifacts and described with the highest regard Nyota's unquestioned and unwavering affection and commitment toward Spock.

When their paths crossed again, it was on a follow-up trip to the colony with more artifacts and a new batch of scientists.

Nyota's clear, bold glance appraised the matriarch's office suite, done in harsh lines and colors.

Sarek and Spock stood on either side as she spoke to T'Pau's concerns about obligations and necessities in the wake of the cataclysm.

She seemed to be inferring that Spock should have bonded himself to Iceheart, Nyota reflected distastefully.

"It does no world a service to insulate," Nyota responds firmly, "Nor to condemn all who do not hold to the same ideologies as oneself as inherently wrong or inferior in worth or deserving of respect and dignity. I wish to be judged on my own merits, not on those even of Terra; your society's future has been unalterably changed, and I want to be a part of it, and the Ambassador and Spock as well have granted me the inestimable honor to do so."

Sarek's eyes glowed at Nyota across the dinner table. "Daughter, you reminded me of Amanda today."

She blushed happily. "I take that as a good thing?"

Sarek's glance was full of a fond memory. "A distinctly good thing

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Personally, I always found T'Pau to be very intimidating.
    Fortunately, Amanda and Nyota did not, and by speaking their mind, they gained her respect.

Very well done!

=D=

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was fun to see Nyota - and Amanda stand up to T'Pau. That woman has always rubbed me the wrong way, and I have rarely seen such a smooth genisis for the characters meeting her in other stories.

This was refreshing to read. [face_love]

And this:

"Daughter, you reminded me of Amanda today."

She blushed happily. "I take that as a good thing?"

Sarek's glance was full of a fond memory. "A distinctly good thing."

YES!!

I am a sucker for the wistful kinda flashback moments, and that right there was the epitome of everything I like to see in Sarek and Nyota scenes. [face_love]

Simply wonderful! =D=

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    T'Pau the haughty matriarch and both Amanda and Uhura could stand up. Excellent and how you described the scenes=D==D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments. @};-

Woot that was a blast!

And this is melty! :D

:)

~~

Part 1: The Only Light I need

It is a strange and wondrous place, Amanda reflects - this desert world -- so like the mythic presentations of the planet Mars in Sol system.

But indeed so vastly different.

She feels weighed down by all the vastness and all the history -- the very air seems to teem with it.

And this marital bond she has now -- It is something so amazingly deep and resplendent.

She finds it hard to sleep at times in those early days, and when she comes to her bedroom veranda to gaze at the sky -- the absence of the moon was admittedly somewhat jarring. The moon glow is familiar and bathes the landscape in comfort and beauty; now that facet of home is missing -- if she was in Cairo, Madrid, Seattle, or Saigon, the moon would still shine upon her, she reflects.

Sarek finds her there a fortnight after their arrival, kisses her eyes and lips most tenderly.

Their bond sings with the contact, and she finds her essence flowing and merging into his, but still ineffably her own.

She soaks it up like a sponge, the light and the love.

"You miss the moonlight, ashalik." He murmurs, as a statement.

She nestles closer in his embrace, feeling his warmth seep through to her very core. "It is something I am learning to adjust to, my darling."

"Amanda, I hope you will find things to compensate you for all you have left behind, given time." He remarks, as he draws her inside.

"I am learning to discover the beauty here." She confesses, and his caresses make her feel that perhaps there is no need of a moon to shine its radiance ... not when her inner self is flooded with iridescence.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: The Quiet Unchanging Skies

Nyota reflects that when she is no longer on shipboard, that the resonant hum of the engines and the ever-changing vistas beyond the viewpanels always lulled her to sleep or gave her an ever-changing panorama by turns.

So, when she is "groundside", the quiet is something she must get used to, as is the night-time sky, which although lovely, doesn't flow and change in a majestic flood of patterns and colors.

But there is something -- and someone that anchors her that has not changed in all the times since she first saw her chosen one. And in all the years to come, wherever their missions take them, her love's warm embraces fill her soul with a calm peace and sense of home that she knows she could have found no where else.

She tells him this, as they enjoy a sunset view of the Wessex hills. She is nestled quite snugly in his hold.

"I have found the same to be true, Nyota love." Her bondmate returns readily, running a hand leisurely through her silky tresses.

She catches a flash of memory from him and beams. "Spock! When we exchanged greetings that first day, at the beginning of class, you ... noticed me and admired my hair didn't you?"

His dark eyes glow at her affectionately. "Among other things, yes. I cannot deny it." He responds, and she kisses him with awe and delight.

+++++

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, the absence of the moon on Vulcan decribed in such lovely words by Amanda and comfort from Sarek

And Spock and Uhura watching the sunset, with Spock the constant in Uhura's life

Excellent update=D==D=

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    There is romance in either the ordinary and the unfamiliar. [face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooooh! The Sarek/Amanda scene was sheer poetic beauty. I never thought of that aspect of Vulcan before - and Amanda, away from everyone and everything she's know - except Sarek, of course - would notice and miss that.

But theres so much to grow to adore. [face_love]

And then I adored Nyota's mirror thoughts. [face_love]

"Spock! When we exchanged greetings that first day, at the beginning of class, you ... noticed me and admired my hair didn't you?"

His dark eyes glow at her affectionately. "Among other things, yes. I cannot deny it."

Sneaky Vulcan, how I adore thee. [face_love] :p

These were wonderful, Deb!! [face_dancing]

WEIN?? :p

~MJ @};-

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments. :D

~~

A/N: Woot! Dealing with Sarek's somewhat troubled relationship with their son and how Amanda felt caught between often, and then with Ny's sweet assurances.

Part 1: Pulled in Two Directions
    It was often a hard balance to keep: loving their son as she did, wanting to embrace and embody his dual heritage -- while Sarek naturally encouraged a more strictly Vulcan path. Not that he did this in a demeaning or condescending way to his wife, but still the message at least as to how Spock grasped it was to embrace the Vulcan path even more stringently than his father would or had done.

Amanda was firm in her insistence that he not convey disapproval.

"Is that what you think I am doing?" He would ask.

"It's not what I think that's the issue." She would respond. "It's how our son takes it."

"He certainly does not attribute anything sentimental or emotional to --"

"Are you sure?"

When Spock decided to join Starfleet, Sarek did not voice any overt objections, but his silence (at least to Amanda) spoke volumes.

When she contacted Spock during their twice monthly chats, she would insist that Sarek join her. He did -- but more as a concession to her wishes.

Amanda felt pulled in two directions and it pained her. She loved Sarek to distraction, but she loved their son as well (and knew Sarek did also), so she often found herself acting as mediator.

When she gently broached the topic to Spock, naturally he denied any sense of affront.

He did it so much as Sarek would that it made her smile inwardly.

Part 2: Daughterly Assurances

It was this off-putting state of affairs that Sarek most regretted and was glad to have redressed with Spock, although at such a cost.

He spoke of this with Nyota one evening during a family visit.

"It was so little she asked, although it meant a great deal to her. There is no profit in wishing such a thing, but I do wish I could have acceded to Amanda's wishes more in that regard."

Nyota's eyes were softly sympathetic. "I think she knew you were doing the best you knew with the best of motives. That's all any of us can do. I know that gave her sorrow, but if what I have found with Spock is anything to go by," Her smile bloomed, "You gave her worlds of joy and more."

His dark eyes glowed at her in gratitude. "You have a very generous and loving spirit, Nyota." He remarked.

She smiled and melted. "Thank you. Evidently, you and Spock bring out the best in me."

+++++++

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh! I was so looking forward to this one!

And my, but that was a hard read in the beginning. While I understand Sarek and Spock's disagreement (with Spock's psyche difficult to control - especially as a child, a parent will push towards what they think will help. And Vulcan stuborness mixed with human pride. :(- It is definitely a situation where I feel for Amanda. :(

When she gently broached the topic to Spock, naturally he denied any sense of affront.

He did it so much as Sarek would that it made her smile inwardly.

Children. :p

Like father, like son, though. [face_mischief] :p

And then I adored Nyota's conversation with Sarek. It is wonderful to see his and Spock's relationship mend - rather than see a kind of 'Journey to Babel' coldness after so long a time. [face_love]

Nyota's eyes were softly sympathetic. "I think she knew you were doing the best you knew with the best of motives. That's all any of us can do. I know that gave her sorrow, but if what I have found with Spock is anything to go by," Her smile bloomed, "You gave her worlds of joy and more."

Oh, and now I am blinking back tears.

Just . . . yeah. =D=

Wonderful job with this, Deb!! [:D]

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.