main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Story [Star Trek] A Briend Beyond Parallel (Nyota & Friends) ~One Shot for Mini Games~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Friend Beyond Parallel
    This is for the gorgeous Secret of the Runes Challenge.
    Mine was #4:
    The rune Gyfu (ᚷ) represents the 'G' sound, and symbolizes gifts and generosity, especially the back and forth giving and receiving found in close bonds of friendship. Your stanza from the Rune poem is: "Generosity brings credit and honour, which support one’s dignity; it furnishes help and subsistence to all broken men who are devoid of aught else."

~

A few weeks before the momentous 5-year mission ended, Nyota's friends came up with a wonderful idea.

Audrey, Yolette, and Christine surveyed the corner of the rec lounge they had commandeered with intense satisfaction. Pink, blue, purple, and green balloons were twisted and twined into the shape of cute koalas and exotic pandas. A card nested amongst the balloons read: To our darling friend, Nyota; it's been a privilege and pleasure serving with you.

The table which usually displayed 3D scrabble or chess games now held tiramisu and fudge and strawberry cheesecake.

Christine touched the intercom panel. "Nyota, I need you to come by the rec lounge for a minute. I am sending Joanna McCoy a musical montage and I wanted you to take a listen. I want it to be varied and fun."

"Sure!" Nyota said; having nieces and nephews the same age, this was the perfect segue to get her to come unsuspecting of the genuine reason.

When Nyota strolled in moments later, her eyes widened in delight. "Oh! Is this ... for me?"

Audrey beamed and hugged her. "Yes, it is! You've given us so many wonderful intangibles with your friendship, empathy, laughter, and encouragement!"

"Your own personal resilience and courage has been remarkable and an example to all of us," added Christine.

"Your sweet romance has inspired no few of our own," finished Yolette with a wink.

Nyota laughed and they indulged in a tight group hug.

"You have been amazing to me and so easy to work and ... play with," Nyota said warmly. "There's an old saying that your character is revealed by the friends you draw, and I've drawn the very best."

"Sherralyn also sent you a little greeting, even though she's not part of the crew," Christine said and activated a recorded message.

"Dearest Nyota," said Sherralyn's gentle voice, her jade eyes sparkling, "We hit it off right away as best friends during the Academy days, and I know that our friendship will continue throughout any current or future turns and twists our careers take."

Nyota smiled, touched. Then her eyes lit upon the desserts. "Thank you all, so much! Now, let's get down to business and devour these delectables!"

Later, she told Spock of the surprise from her friends. He evinced no surprise over the gesture. "It is only what you deserve, my love." was his tender reply.

She gave him an appreciative kiss, and they shared a slice of the strawberry cheesecake.

+++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.