main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] A Temporary Parting (one shot) Romanticism Mini Game.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 12, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A Temporary Parting

Notes:

@Mira_Jade put forward the unique and inspiring Remembering Romanticism mini challenge.

#5 is:
    Il Bacio (The Kiss), by Francesco Hayez
    [​IMG]

Setting: A missing moment or a brief parting.
    Next section involves the glad reunion.

~

It was surreal. A temporal vortex and a myriad of realities coming and going in an instant. It made your existence seem so fragile, so ephemeral like a blown bubble.
    Then there was the time suspended when you didn't know if the worlds and you would be snuffed out like a burned out glowpanel.
    This followed by the utter relief as reality seemed to flow back into its normal course like a river, and your love was returned to you, as if he'd never gone.

You hold each other tightly, and your name is like a soft prayer of gratitude...

"Nyota..."

From the corner of your eye, you catch Jim and Audrey gladly giving each other a hug. Their relationship is more recent, though no less deep for all that.

"Grand heroics, all of you," Audrey commends.

"We did only what we had to, although it was by no means easy." Jim says reflectively.

You smile softly, admiringly. "That is one definition of courage."

You then go to unwind and bask in the return of what (and whom) really is essential.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a great piece to describe the love of two couples and the comments of the ladies

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! What a beautiful snippet this was! :eek: [face_hypnotized]

I had to pull a long quote here, because all of your imagery was just gorgeous and tense with risk! That really fit the foreboding backdrop to the sweet romanticism of the kiss in your prompt.

(I also kinda want more of this story now. This really was too teasing of a glimpse! [face_mischief] [face_batting])

Aw! No truer words could be spoken - and indeed no kiss as affirming! [face_love]

I adored the second person POV here, too! It really added to the drama and the atmosphere of the story.

Thanks for sharing this delightful answer to the challenge! This was a great interpretation of your prompt, and I enjoyed every word. [face_love] =D= [:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.