main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] A Wonderful Place to Be! Fic-Gift for Mira_Jade

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 15, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota for @Mira_Jade for the Fic-Gift Exchange, NSW portion.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.
    Various characters have a snarky wonderful time in Japan's lovely historic vistas.

[face_love]

~~~~~

Yolette had met Sulu's family briefly on a nearby Starbase, his father Asahi, mother Saori, but not his brother Ryuki.

She was nervous about spending a fortnight with them. Would first impressions turn into a sense of rightness and family?

Hikaru was very sanguine about the whole matter, assuring her it would be fine.

She could only hope.

Meanwhile, Christine Chapel and McCoy and Jim and Audrey were enjoying a rustic Japanese inn without a few klicks/miles of the gorgeous Hakone area. The way the sunset played off the surrounding mountains was something to behold!

Cherry blossoms were just beginning, and the delicate scent wafted on the warm spring breeze.

Audrey and Jim shared a traditional Japanese room with futons and tatami mats. They went full bore and enjoyed the more exotic forms of sushi, whereas Chris and McCoy opted for the Western style for their rooms.

"Oh, I just love these fish eggs on top!" Audrey said, eating a lovely sushi roll filled with fish and crispy vegetables.

McCoy eyed the cuisine dubiously. "I'm not sure..."

"Come on, Bones. It's not like haggis." Jim said encouragingly.

"Says you!" McCoy said but took a tentative bite.

The combination of flavors and textures took him by complete surprise!

"That is good!" He said. "Bet we couldn't get Spock to eat it though."

They laughed good-naturedly. "Ny would eat his share - no worries!" Audrey remarked.

As it turned out, Yolette's worries were ill-founded.

Saori was warm and nurturing. She made Yolette feel right at home immediately with a soft-spoken yet vivacious manner.

Ryuki was full of wry humor. He liked the same style of music she did, classic big band & easy listening. He and Hikaru had a snarky brotherly relationship, full of teasing and deep affection.

Asahi was into sharing all the every-day uses of tech which fascinated Yolette as she was into the pragmatic side of making things operate smoothly as well.

It was a memorable time in a lovely place for all concerned.

+++

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Kahara, Vek Talis and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yolette and Sulu meeting family=D=
    And the sushi. Love McCoy's comments

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was perfect! [face_love][face_love]

When I saw the current challenge for the MMM I kinda giggled, knowing the fic-gift request I gave you - but that just means that we get twice the vacation fun! You have to know that I adore your setting here! What a beautiful setting for our heroes to unwind in, and I loved the ambiance you added with the cherry trees blooming and the local cuisine. (And the haggis line! [face_laugh] In the end, Yolette certainly had nothing to fear - she's impossible not to love, as Sulu's family proved! [face_love]

Beautiful work, as always, my friend! I enjoyed every word. =D= [:D]

4. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    "Bet we couldn't get Spock to eat it though."

[face_laugh] I'll bet you're right, Bones.

Good story.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.