main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Adoring & Being Adored. S/U, Revamps/reposts. Posts on: February 12!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 23, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters from Roddenberry but especially from JJ Abrams with his off-the-chain self.

These will be reposts and/or revamps from earlier, truncated threads. [face_dancing]

Tags available upon request.

~~~~~~

Taking a Leap ...

Spock senses her joy, her warmth, and her vibrancy, and her growing affection for him. He can feel Nyota at the brink of his consciousness, growing stronger and more interwoven. She is a radiant and captivating presence. Their intellectual discussions and shared avocations are invigorating to them both. It is only natural, therefore, that he give her a kiss in the rain, and the way she responds with instant elation and eager embracing ...

Yet, he ponders, will she regret it in the morning, in the calmer light of day?

He poses the question, feeling confident that whatever her answer, their professional relationship and their friendship, will continue.

Her beaming smile and eager kisses and delirious nibbles speak for her.

As they make their way back to their work stations, hands tightly clasped, her thought sings across their ever growing bond. "Nothing is more wonderful than love that is reciprocated and courageously embarked upon."

++++

Squggles!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see these again (and tags of course)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Renewed untruncated squees :D [face_dancing]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This. Is. A. Fact. [face_dancing] ^:)^ [:D] !!!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so sweet!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Slow Dance and Sunset Stroll

He gazes at me, speculatively, as we wrap up our work tasks for the day.

I smile. "What is it?"

"Nyota, I know that you and I have had evening meals together before, but somehow this one has a new, and unique, significance." He begins. "Since we are not ..."

"Hmmm. Yes?" I prompt, encouragingly.

"There is this dance-and-dinner club featuring live jazz, which you enjoy ..."

"Immensely." I affirm.

There is a pause.

"Yes, I believe I would enjoy dinner and a dance." I answer, beaming.

If Luke Skywalker had approached Mara Jade so endearingly, I thought, gripping Spock's hand tightly in anticipation, they could have skipped that whole idiotic Callista debacle altogether, because she would have melted at the very sweetness of it all.

We talk easily over dinner, as those who are dear and comfortable friends will, but with a new undertone, a thrilling one.

We dance slowly and closely, first to Fever and then to Fascination These songs are particular favorites of mine and seem very suited to us.

"You dance wonderfully." I comment in pleasure.

He quirks a brow at me. "Did you expect me to step on your toes, mercilessly?"

I laugh. With his consummate grace of movement, that had never crossed my mind. And being so close ... it was exhilarating.

"I didn't mean that, at all." I assure, smiling, as our gazes lock.

Later, we take a sunset stroll along the beach.
    I take off my shoes and hold them in one hand, as his grasps the other. I love the feel of the soft sand.

I tell him of my niece and nephew and my sister's fosterlings, and how they tease and tickle me.

"I am particularly ticklish at my waist, among other places." I relate. "They take especial delight in tackling and tickling me."

An image of him tickling me fills my mind, and I just know I will love that experience!

He looks at me as we continue the leisurely stroll, and I can tell he finds pleasure in what I am sharing about my family but also my deep contentment at being with him this way.
    He finds me beautiful in the glow of the setting sun, as I can conclude by the way his eyes linger, and I melt inside at the fact.

Later, as we part, I say warmly: "I had a wonderful time."

He holds my waist. "As did I. Would you like to meet again, on the morrow, perhaps?"

"Oh yes! How about breakfast?" I suggest, and his eyes glow in amusement and assent.

We share a good-night kiss, gently, warmly.

He fills my dreams that night.

+++++

Squeeing out loud!

earlybird-obi-wan Hazel

RX_Sith -- you are welcome to partake of these nummies as well [:D] [face_batting]

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Lovely way to end my day. [face_love]

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Nummies abound to pure perfection as Nyota and Spock put the simmer in their stroll.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Delightful to begin my day[face_dancing]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan Hazel -- thanks, and here's a fun one.

Chat Over Breakfast

Nyota smiled as she dug into an omelet with feta cheese and spinach. "Sherralyn and Miranda and Gaila are my closest friends, and they know how I've always felt about you ... and thankfully, they always knew it was a complete waste of time to match me up with anyone." She smirked. "They knew who the unspoken, not-yet-official competition was. I told them one time when they mentioned this guy they just knew I'd like to forget it, and they got the message." She laughed.

"My room mates would attempt to set me up on a 'blind date,"." I told her softly. "None of those attempts were effectual either. I had colleagues who formed unwarranted, unrequited attachments; these I need hardly tell you I did not encourage in the slightest."

"I am very happy to know that!" She exclaimed. Her eyes had flashed at the mention of the dates and also of colleagues forming crushes.
    "They were all before us." Nyota continued, "So they should be irrelevant."

"They are, Nyota. They were never pertinent." I took her hand and squeezed.

She squeezed back.

It was at this moment that Ms. Leigh Somers, a colleague (who incidentally was one of those I had referred to) approached.

Nyota attempted to withdraw her hand, in order to be discreet, but I held fast.
    I saw it as proving beneficial in two ways: Ms. Somers would be unequivocally dissuaded from her flirtations, and she could no longer harbor a distant hope that her feelings might be returned someday.

Ms. Somers' eyes widened as she caught sight of our clasped hands but gave no sign in her courteous "Good morning."

"I have finally caught up with Mr. Durant. He has agreed to a consultation with his advisor team, which he has postponed doing to the eleventh hour."

"His thesis has passed the first deadline for submittal. One more and he would be disqualified from graduating this term." I answered.

"Running into you here was certainly fortunate!" She said. "This is one of my favorite breakfast bistros, so I am happy to find you here as well."

"As it is of the students and other faculty." I pointed out. Nyota and Ms. Walthrop often stopped here to get cappuccinos or macchiatos.

Nyota smiled. "As I can attest."

Ms. Somers glowered at Nyota coolly.

"I am sure you remember Ms. Uhura?"

"Of course. One of yours, and my own, most gifted pupils." Ms. Somers replied, her tone and expression suggesting that she believed that was where the line should fall and stop.

I raised a brow at her and merely responded: "She has proven her value to me in other ways since the time she took my courses."

This statement could imply purely in the professional capacity as assistant, but Nyota and I knew the deeper, private meaning.

Nyota's eyes warmed, and Ms. Somers nodded curtly and departed.

We resumed our meal.

Nyota purred. "That was brilliant!"

"I merely spoke the truth." I replied.

"Sure you did." She grinned even more broadly. "I am meeting Sherralyn for a visit to a new exhibit at the Science and Tech museum. This is the exhibit featuring science fiction extrapolations, but this one is way beyond the possible. Some one is apparently a Dr. Who fan." She laughed. "They have a life-sized model of the Tardis and a sequenced display of all the doctors, in order, plus his traveling companions."

I observed: "I know you will enjoy that."

"Can I call you after? I will want to share my experience with you." She asked. "That will add to my pleasure greatly."

I held her gaze. "I will await your call."

+++++

LOL

;)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the banter
    Ms Somers was in for a disappointment[face_laugh]
    Spock not wanting to go and see the Tardis?

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ms. Somers was not expecting that! ;)

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    At least Spock will be waiting on Nyota's call after her visit to the Tardis; maybe he's simply a Star Wars fan. :D

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sherralyn and Miranda and Gaila are my closest friends, and they know how I've always felt about you ... and thankfully, they always knew it was a complete waste of time to match me up with anyone.

Girlfriends always know :p I hope Ms. Somers doesn't start causing trouble!

15. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Enjoying the banter a great deal. Why would Spock not want to see the Tardis....is he a Dalek? haha

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL The girls are getting a first-look. His glimpse with Ny will come in a later post, along with some other kinds of spontaneous fun. Erm, the kind you can have in public [face_laugh] [face_mischief] ;)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith Hazel & earlybird-obi-wan

:)

~~~~~

Ferris Wheel Fun

OK, case in point of how I have him wrapped around my finger.

After we saw the Dr. Who exhibit, (indulging my fascination), we took a ride on a Ferris Wheel at an old-style carnival.

As it swept up into the sky, I clung to my love and we shared a kiss, with the city lights spread below.

"Quite the view." I commented, afterwards. "Don't you agree?"

He answered: "I have a strong suspicion that is not the impelling force behind your insistence that I join you."

I laughed. "No, I wanted to do just what we did up there."

I had to buy cotton candy; it melts as soon as you bite into the soft fluffiness.

"I do not see the appeal in this particular snack ... you can hardly say you can savor the taste. It dissolves too rapidly." He observed; across our burgeoning bond, I could sense his curiosity and amused affection at how much I enjoyed the treat.

"Ah! That's the wonderful point! Don't condemn it before you've tried it." I smirked.

"Hmmm. Interesting." Was the verdict after the first taste.

"Yes, I do introduce you to the most intriguing things, don't I?" I smiled.

"Indeed." The tender note in this reply made me tingle inside.

Later that afternoon, he gave me an exquisite necklace and earring set of k'lar stones. It became a consistent favorite accessory of mine.

"It suits you excellently." He praised, his eyes lingering on how the stones shimmered at my throat and in my ears.

"Thank you, so much!" I beamed, as we embraced.

"I had fun today, and you have to admit, you did too." I teased, as we cuddled on the sofa.

"Indeed, Nyota. It seems you keep broadening my experiences."

"I am happy to do so." I answered sincerely.

+++++

LOL! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    fun post with the Ferris wheel and cotton candy and ending with a nice gift.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What would he do without her... ;)

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    When I first read the title, I thought it said Ferris Bueller Fun, which I thought meant that Nyota and Spock went joy-riding in a Ferrari (which sounds pretty cool really). :cool:

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks earlybird & Hazel - what indeed ^:)^

RX -- I wouldn't mind riding in a Ferrari myself, red! Candy apple red! [face_laugh] Down the PCH, Pacific Coast Highway [face_laugh]

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! [face_love] As always these are sweet and lovely to read. I loved the scene you created in the last one, and its the truth! She is so very good for him - and he for her - in more ways than one. [face_love]

23. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Mmmmmmmm. I have missed these squeeable moments. You, as always, made my heart melt with your posts!

Lol. Its nice to know that even after a year your love for these two is still going strong!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Raphire --thanks for stopping in and your sweet review [:D] [:D] If I live to be as old as Yoda, my S/U love will be still as strong. [face_laugh] ^:)^

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~~~~

"A Tiny Tiff"

"Ms. Rainaldi had the unmitigated gall to team up with me for a research project and then! Guess what?" I railed at Sherralyn. "She plagarized some archival sources and made it look like I was in on it, or did it, since my name is the first listed."

Sherralyn frowned and took a long sip of her chocolate & raspberry malt. "Gracious! I know you reported it to the peer committee."

"I certainly did. Meanwhile, though, while they're digging through files and other data tracks, my reputation could be dragged through the mud, even if I'm cleared ... I really do not need this hanging over my head, Sherra!"

"Lands, girl, you must be upset. You haven't touched your Turtle Blast!" She said, trying to lighten the mood.

This wonderful concoction was an icecream delight full to bursting with caramel and cheesecake swirls.

I took a bite, and happily sighed. "If anything can take my mind off my potential ulcerative troubles, this can."

She winked. "I know of another something or someone that might, even better, Ny."

I knew to whom she referred, and my tummy flipped in agreement.

When Nyota apprised me of the situation regarding her research collaboration, my response was to assure her that the technical teams and peer committee would in all likelihood uncover all the facts which would verify her allegations and show Ms. Rainaildi's culpability.

"I will certainly vouch for you and offer assistance, if needed."

She frowned, crossing to the large balcony windows, which overlooked a nearby park. "Is there even a remotest chance they won't find tangible proof? That's just as bad, if not worse than ..."

"Of course, there is always that chance, even if it is remote." I answered, stepping to her side. "It is hardly worthy of fretting over."

"Easy for you to say." She retorted. "Are you offering to help the technical team because you think they cannot or will not find the pertinent ..."

I gave her a measuring look. "Nyota."

"Don't you 'Nyota' me in that patronizing tone." She said coolly.

"That is not my intent. I see you are not disposed to see anything with clarity at the moment, therefore it would be best if I left so you could achieve a degree of calm."

"Perhaps so." She answered, continuing to look out the windows.

"I shall comm you later."

"No, don't." She said suddenly, reaching out to stop me before I could move away entirely. "I mean, don't go. I'm being a laser brain." She chuckled. She gave my hands a squeeze and then moved to the entertainment console.

Saxophones and guitars filled the air softly.

"Dance with me?"

She gazed at me with her liquid and beautiful eyes.

I enfolded her tightly. We moved effortlessly and closely in perfect sync.

She paused in mid step and drew me down for a kiss. "You are my soul's delight. You know that."

"I was genuinely trying to be reassuring." I told her softly, stroking her dark cascade.

"Sure, and I know it. My knickers were in a twist, love."

The song continued, and our dance resumed.

Afterwards, I held her and rubbed her shoulders, as the tension continued to melt away.

The light in her eyes was now of contented affection, in lieu of the disquiet from earlier.

When I took my leave of her, she was in a much more serene state of mind.

As it turned out, Ms. Rainaldi had left a very sloppy trail comprised of posts on social networks.
    Nyota was jubilant.
    "Very idiotic of her, indeed."

I could only agree.

"Don't you say 'I told you so.'" She teased me.

"I would never do such a thing." I answered.

She laughed.

I crushed her, pleased that her vivacious nature had returned and was unclouded by worry.

+++++

:) [face_sigh] [face_love] !!!!

Tags for:

RX_Sith and Hazel and earlybird-obi-wan -- (a post vacation treat) [:D] !!