main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Adoring & Being Adored. S/U, Revamps/reposts. Posts on: February 12!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another great one! This was the closest I think we've ever seen Spock to a 'deer caught in the headlights' moment. I could totally understand his reaction here, and Nyota's feelings on the matter - especially coming from a warm family with a sibling as she does! What a hard topic to talk about, and yet, beautifully handled here. [face_love] =D=

[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL I couldn't wait. :D

Note: Love the way this mission of help turned out and how healing it was as well.
    Sherra's POV in Arial font.

~~~~

"Cathartic Experience"

I smiled as Nyota seized me and twirled me around in a hug.
    "Ny! You look splendid!"

"Hi, you!" She exclaimed. "I'm delighted to see you Sherra, in spite of the serious circumstances. The Viridians will be happy that you guys showed up."

I answered as we made our way down the corridor:
    "The eruptions are getting worse, but at least they had some warning days ahead. The evacuations are organized. They just need enough transports to take them to a safe distance."

She nodded. "It's fortunate that they have habitable satellite stations within shuttle-rides away. We're just here to help with the overflow to take them to the fifth planet."

I leaned against the corridor wall and said thoughtfully:
    "Nyota, this has to bring back unpleasant memories for many, and for one of your crew, in particular."

She frowned and winced.
    "I know. But you know my dearest heart, especially when he's focused."

I nodded in sympathetic understanding.
    "Yes. But ..."

She gave me a warm smile.
    "Thanks for the thought, Sherra. I'll be sure to mention it."

I met Spock coming out of a lab.
    "Hi." I reached for his hands. "I'm sure this situation with the Viridians brings back too many memories."
    My voice was soft, my eyes gentle.

"Nyota, I have not had the luxury of much time to spare in indulging in such reflections." He answered. "We shall talk later." He gave my hands a brief squeeze and we parted ways.

I flinched inwardly. Ouch! Maybe I shouldn't have said anything?

After the transfer of citizens had been concluded safely, Sherra told me that we would be accompanying the Excalibur outsystem at an unhurried speed, and thus she could stay onboard longer and we could spend more time catching up.
    We were having a light supper in the main dining area.
    We talked animatedly about she and Tristan - the ship's counselor. Their romance was coming along superbly.

Thus, it was a little after dinner when I was able to join my love on the observation deck.
    The swirl of the starscapes flowed majestically out the viewpane.
    He looked simply fantastic against such a backdrop.

He turned at my approach.
    "Nyota, I --"

"Spock my own, please forgive me if I was being invasive earlier today. I didn't mean to be."

"You could never be that to me, ever." He answered, pulling me close. "That is what I was starting to say: that I appreciated your concern. Once I had a moment, the similarities between situations did strike me as well as the differences; while the events unfolded, being able to be proactive and the successful results were most gratifying."

I smiled.
    "The divergent outcomes soothed a lot. I can imagine. They did so for me, also."

"The vaguaries of loss and remembrance are fascinating, Nyota." He observed as we settled closely on one of the long couches.
    "There are stretches of time when I do not have nostalgic reactions; then something will happen, and it will ..."

I squeezed him against me in empathy and concluded the thought:
    "Be as if it just happened yesterday. Yes, that's how it often is. It is very, very common and not something to wonder at, love." I assured.

We spoke of other things, then, enjoying the view.
    The warmth of our connection was soothing to us both after such a long and fraught day.

++++++

RX_Sith Hazel
    -------

Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great resolution to more strenuous circumstances that at least mean more passion between Spock and Nyota. [face_love]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the strength they are giving each other

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I can only imagine how this planet must have struck a chord with Spock. :( But, the beauty here was once again their being stronger for being together. Her being able to offer him support and love at the end was just beautiful in how it helped strengthen him as well. [face_love]=D=

Lovely work, again! [:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Loving this because of the situation and the reassurances afterwards.

~~~~~

"Having Mixed Feelings"

We were scheduled to pick up a scientist and his life-mate on Velga III. T'Aiya was working on the space station and Solon was conducting medical research on the surface.

A freak accident involving one of the neural-focused instruments he was working on for the treatment of epilepsy caused his own psionic link with his lady to be muted dangerously.

They came from close offshoots of the Vulcans and Romulans, close enough so that a light meld could help obviate the risk of the bond disintegrating.

"I am not a mind healer." I told the medical team, "But I believe I can provide some assistance as a stop-gap measure."

Dr. Baldavin raised a valid point by asking:
    "What if the link you establish with her goes too long, or she latches onto you thinking you're her bondmate?"

I pondered this possibility.
    In her mental disequilibrium, this might happen, although it was not very likely.
    I would establish a focused bond, not one that intruded or shared memories per se, but one which buffered, yet still had to go deeply enough ... much as a mind healer's would. A mind healer had ways to shield their own minds from being overwhelmed by the thoughts and eddies and swirls of the other's mind.
    I had knowledge of some of these strategies, although not the in-depth training.

When Nyota heard of this, as she did during the briefing, she frowned thoughtfully but offered no protest.

/Do you want to talk about it before I proceed further?/ I queried. If she strongly objected, I would be compelled to persuade her or decline my assistance. I knew however that Nyota would not dissuade me from providing help. Her compassion ran too deeply. Yet, I would never minimize or negate her feelings or wishes.

/No, thanks though for asking./ She sent a mental caress of gratitude.

I was in the Sickbay with T'Aiya, and had to compartmentalize my bond with Nyota among other things.

I could feel Nyota's focus as she attempted to coordinate communications between the various teams working to solve the problem.

Ms. Boudreaux was working on a solution to access the neural hydroscalpel's software routines while others worked to fix the hardware.

As soon as they achieved this, a matter of a couple hours, the bond with Solon reestablished and T'Aiya's mind reknit with his, and I could withdraw unobtrusively.

At the periphery of my awareness, I could feel Nyota's jumble and tumble of thoughts about my assisting T'Aiya.

Later in the arboretum, amid the soft splash of fountains and fragrant blossoms, I brought up the subject.

Nyota gripped her mug of iced mocha with caramel tightly.
    "I know it was necessary, and I'm certainly not petty enough to suggest you shouldn't have helped." She murmured in a tense tone.

"I would never infer that in this instance or in general when it comes to your feelings." I answered.

"I appreciate that." She smiled gratefully. "Still I felt it was encroaching on something - on what I have with you."

I replied:
    "Love, it is not the same type of bond in intensity or nature. There was a somewhat moderate risk that a protracted meld might have been deliterious, but our bond was not at risk at any time. I would not have permitted such."

Nyota admitted:
    "I know that in my head, but I frankly didn't like it. I kept wanting to ... I don't know what..." She trailed off, at an uncharacteristic loss.

I remained silent but merely held her waist more tightly. She leaned into the touch greedily.

"I love you and have chosen you. Did you perhaps wonder if such a close (even transitory) link with another so like one of my own people would make me feel a lack of some sort?" I pressed.

"No. I don't think that was part of it ... it was just the mere fact of it happening at all." Nyota answered after a considering pause.

I added, while meeting her gaze tenderly and letting laughter and love flow unhindered to her:
    "Because I need hardly remind you I experienced that particular kind of bond before, and I believe you know how that compared to ours."

She set down her mug with a soft ripple of laughter, wrapped me up in a firm hug and pulled me down to the green grass.
    "Oh yes, sweetest love! I know ... and I have quite a fancy for reminding you of the diference."

"Yes, I am aware of that particular penchant of yours." I answered affectionately.
    Her teasing upon that topic was a source of amusement between us.

She chuckled, nestling nearer.

I kissed her softly.
    "When I first met you, I was fascinated by you." I told her, "Then that turned into affinity and respect and ... desire and a needing that none other has or ever would be able to inspire."

"Oh, you!!!" She breathed, touched.

We now demonstrated our love and delight in one another in a reciprocally pleasing fashion.

++++++

Tagging:

Hazel -- so many diaries already LOL (will they continue?) [face_laugh]

RX_Sith -- Yoda and Yaddle ... [face_laugh] --

earlybird-obi-wan -- :D @};-

--

Mira_Jade -- woot! Eagerly! awaiting Celebrian's diary. [face_batting]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see how Spock could help and explain it to Uhura.

T'Pring was that other bond;) and that didn't work out either

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was thought provoking on all accounts! First off, what a horrible situation, and I am so glad that Spock was able to help! (You know I am a sucker for anything involving psi-bonds, they fascinate me so much ;)) Even still, I can completely understand Nyota's unease with the whole situation here - it's a human reaction, one beyond logic or even conscious thought - for she was glad that Spock could help. He did a great job comparing it with his bond with T'Pring - yes, it was a tie to his psyche, but it was not a bond that is quite literally the other half of him. There was a lovely resolution at the end of this one, and great conversations all around! =D=

Thank-you for sharing - that was one of my favourites yet! [:D]

--

And one Celebrían diary coming right up! The snow wrecked havoc with my plans New Years day, and I am just now thawing out. [face_laugh] :oops: 8-}

[:D]

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great explanation by Spock to ensure Nyota of his true feelings for her. [face_love]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Synopsis of a short story by the same name; and the LOTR references pull very strongly from Mira's Taste of Shadow. :D :D

~~

"An Eventful Journey"

It had been a very tense few days leading up to the Babel Conference.

Thelev, the Andorian Ambassador, turned out to be a fraud and a pirate. Thanks to my adept encryption and scrambling, the entire incident was logged and sent to HQ in a secure message cube.

Sarek's being implicated in a crime, followed by his emergency procedure, had me quite distracted.

T'Mai was a calming presence to Sarek naturally, and to myself, as well.

She cared for him, I could tell, as more than a colleague.

However, he was not ready at this juncture for such a relationship change, but I knew that she was patient enough to wait for him to be.

After the dispersal of the delegates, I & Spock were ensconced on the sofa, arms around one another.
    He had just commented on how I & Sarek seemed to be quite amicable.

I teased:
    "Hey. Is there a reason we shouldn't be?"

He gave my ear a nibble.
    "Not at all. I am very pleased over the fact."

I could sense that through our bond, as a matter of fact, but I had to tease some more regarding a remark of his to Sarek about his choosing me in the first place.
    "You told him that your choice of me seemed the logical one at the time. Does that mean: later on it turned out not to be?"

"Our bond formed (at least in the initial stages) apparently of its own volition ..." He began.

I favored him with a glare. (I had to work hard to squelch my jocular intent.)
    "And? Your point?"

Spock held my gaze softly.
    "Nyota. Even if it had not, I cannot imagine a more consummate life-mate."

"Great recovery there, darling." I smirked.

"I am being completely sincere in what I said to my father and to you." He answered.

I paused for a beat.
    "Hmmm. I'm not sure I am as persuaded as I could be."

He gave me a "Really? Why?" kind of look.

I chuckled.
    "Spock, my sweet heart! I do believe you, actually. I was merely ..."

Now it was his turn to favor me with a fierce look.
    "You just do not know when to be serious." His tone was quelling.

I winced.
    "My Momma and Poppa always told me so as I was growing up." I admitted.

His response was crisp:
    "You should have listened, in that case."

My eyes flew open wide ...Until he tickled me.

I burst out laughing.
    "You!" I exclaimed, still laughing.

"Turnabout is, as they say, fair play." Spock remarked, mischief reflected in his eyes and across our bond.

"This is too true." I replied.

"I think a few apt comparisons will clarify the point you asked about when we started this discussion. I believe that when Earendil saw Elwing on the beach, he was drawn by her inner light." My love mused, pulling me even tighter against him.

I beamed.
    "So he told her."

"And Galadriel was unmoved by the gift and affection of Celebrimbor, for her heart was taken already by Celeborn."

"Indeed." I answered, melting more with each word he spoke.

"Then I believe you and I, my cherished ashal-veh, find ourselves in very good company."

I crushed him.
    "Oh! You deserve a sweet reward for that compliment." I breathed, completely and absolutely a big gooey mess.

He fastened his lips on mine, and the loving, passionate enthusiasm of his kisses were more than matched by my own.

+++++

Tags: RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan & Mira_Jade :D

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    More intense passionate kisses are shared and reciprocated between Spock and Nyota. [face_love]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The journey to Babel[face_dancing] That was a very intense episode for Spock and Sarek

Now it is followed by love and sweetnes between him and Uhura and the lovely references to LOTR

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    First of all, I loved the Journey to Babel moments - especially as they took their different turn from canon with Sarek and Spock's relationship already mending. It was a beautiful moment. [face_love]

But I loved, loved, loved the LOTR references - as you knew I would. I just have a goofy little grin right now that I just can't shake! Earendil and Elwing, Galadriel and Celeborn indeed. [face_love][:D]

=D=

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow!! A person cannot stay away for a week without getting swamped by notifications ...

Wonderful viggies, Ny! Happy New Year!!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks sweet Hazel. I was missing you here, and elsewhere on the SW side. Stoked to see you catching up. :) :)

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, I have been forced to cut back on my time here. Urfortunately, this situation will continue for the foreseeable future so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a while.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks and tags for:

RX_Sith

Mira_Jade

-----

Hazel

---

earlybird-obi-wan (I had to mention a fondue pot) [face_rofl]

---

Note: Very unique situation. Parallel but different. ;) :cool:

~~~

"An Unobscured Mirror"

An ion storm caused a transdimensional shift. We had returned to us variants of our crew, but they were brutal and arrogant in the extreme.

The "Uhura" who confronted me was nothing like Nyota. Her eyes were cold and measuring, her voice brusque and abrasive.

She favored me with a predatory leer. I gazed back at her coolly.
    "You are a feast for the senses, Commander, and you have an agile mind. Team up with me, and there's nothing we can't accomplish."

"Your proposition holds no appeal, and would not even were I not pledged to another." I answered decisively.

I did not feel a tendril of my bond with Nyota in her presence; instead, I felt Nyota -- but from afar, as if standing atop a hill and gazing at the ocean some kilometers away.

When we were able to make the exchange, my sense of relief was no less intense than the ones we retrieved.

I greeted Nyota circumspectly, and she gave my hand a quick squeeze and kept hold of it as we entered the lift.

"They were absolute barbarians. Like crossing Mongols with the Romans." Jim observed. "They achieved higher ranks through assassination of all things."

"Yet," I remarked, "You were able to put on a savage perrsona easier than they could approximate the traits of those who are civilized and principled."

Jim gave me a wry look. "That certainly is a strange bit of irony." He observed with a laugh.

I noticed Nyota giving Sulu a frosty glance as she reached her station.

I resolved to ask her about that later when we were more private.

I joined her in the arboretum - the section where roses of violet and red hues bloomed.

"Nyota," I said lowly, sliding my arms around her.

She leaned into my hold and sighed with contentment.
    "Spock my darling! This feels so good. Feeling you unclouded again." She sounded relieved and elated.

I trailed kisses along her neck and shoulder.
    "Yes, it does." I agreed. "I noticed when we arrived on the bridge, you gave Sulu quite a cold glare."

She grimaced.
    "The 'other Sulu' flirted with me, ignored my betrothal ring, and just made a flat-out pest of himself! I put him in his place, and I enjoyed doing so, let me say! I know it's not quite fair taking that out on 'ours' - but I guess my reaction was more or less reflexive." She twinkled. "You cannot tell me my ferocious counterpart didn't make a play for you."

I answered:
    "Well, as a matter of fact ..." I began.

Nyota pulled out of my grasp and favored me with a "You're kidding!" look.

"I cannot fault her for taste, but really? What did you say?"

"What do you think I said?" I rejoined. "I refused unequivocally."

She beamed. "I just wish I'd been there to see it all unfold!" She chuckled with relish.

She settled back into my embrace.

"The 'alternate Spock' had a beard." She commented after a moment. "He was quite interesting to look at. I'm not sure if I want you to grow one or not, as of yet."

"I would not hold out much hope on that score." I replied shortly.

Nyota laughed.

"I did not think you had any complaint about my appearance, at any rate." I continued. "Although, now that you have something with which to contrast ..."

She laughed again.
    "Complaint?" She traced a hand along my cheek and jaw and settled at last on the high curve of my ear. Her eyes drank me in.

Across our bond, I could feel her unalloyed ... satisfaction.

Nyota purred:
    "Oh, no, lover. No complaints." An image of what she'd like to do with a container of whipping cream and fondue pot of chocolate the next time these items were on hand made me gaze at her in wonderment.

"You inspire me." She winked.

I kissed her warmly.
    "I think we'd better make our way back to our quarters." I suggested.

"Oh yes." She said, seizing my hand eagerly. "That is a superb idea!"

++++

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Always liked "Mirror, Mirror" and you capture each of their counterparts well along with the circumstances that follow once everyone has returned.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Mirror, Mirror was a nice episode. great how you let Spock and Uhura comment on that.

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a very interesting episode, and even more interesting with the inclusion of their bond. I loved Spock putting mirror-Nyota in her place. And Nyota and Sulu. Poor our-Sulu. [face_laugh]:oops: But, once again, the star of this ficlet was Spock and Nyota and their relationship. I loved his thoughts on their bond while apart 'an ocean from a hilltop', and their relief when back together was palpable. [face_love]

And:

"The 'alternate Spock' had a beard." She commented after a moment. "He was quite interesting to look at. I'm not sure if I want you to grow one or not, as of yet."

"I would not hold out much hope on that score." I replied shortly.

[face_laugh]

Priceless! [face_love]

=D=[:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks and hugs to:

earlybird-obi-wan ____ RX_Sith ________ Mira_Jade

Ny's Note: I squeed all the way through this one. [face_dancing]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Queens Fly Without a Doubt"

I gasped. "Spock! Is this a dragon, a genuine dragon?"

"Yes." My darling responded, and I could tell he was relishing my reaction. "This preserve is held by a friend of our familial clan. I knew you would enjoy a rare opportunity to take a flight, Nyota. I had to book rather far in advance."

I clasped my hands in delight.

The dragon had opalescent eyes and majestically wide, powerful wings. Its hide was a beautiful golden color.

"Her name is Ramoth." Spock continued.

"Oh!!!!" That just puts the topper on it!" I exclaimed and did a little dance where I stood, not caring a whit for decorum.

We mounted and with a powerful leap and upstroke, we were off. Beautiful canyons and rivers then mountains with nestling valleys, forested glades flowed beneath us in a lovely and leisurely panorama as the sun climbed higher.

The song "Whole New World" was floating through my mind--I felt like I was on a carpet of magic high above the earth!

When we dismounted, I stroked the dragon's eye ridge and thanked her most courteously for the benefit of the splendid ride.

When we retired for the night, my mind was full of joyful reliving of the day. Queens fly, without a doubt, I thought happily.

We held one another and slept deeply.

Spock's gentle caresses woke me & I grinned. "Good morning! That was a superb treat you gave me yesterday, darling!"

"Nyota love, I refrained from giving you another such last evening." He answered.

"You could have persuaded me." I laughed. "But hey. We can always make up for lost time." My eyes glowed.

He initiated a meld beforehand, as well as letting our already-present bond accentuate the emotional and other facets of our joining.

"Oh, my love." I murmured afterwards. "That was beyond magnificent."

During breakfast, he brought up the subject of setting an earlier date for our bonding ceremony.

"Hmm, so many things to set in motion." My eyes sparkled with anticipation.
    Kashore would be tickled! And my folks, not surprised.

"If you'd rather wait..." He teased.

I took a large bite of Greek omelet and smirked.
    "I was more than willing to wait, but since I don't have to ..."

I tackle hugged him and kissed him voraciously to show my wholehearted agreement.

+++++++

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see them riding a dragon (not a darrin;))

The bonding ceremony next?[face_dancing]

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I really don't have the words for this one - this was simply sweet and stunning. [face_love][:D]

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    So cool that they got to ride a dragon and experience the joys of flight while holding on to each other both physically and mentally.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    AWESOME!!!