main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unofficial Captain's Log. (DDC2015) Complete & AN 01/03/16.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aaaahh, it's about time! [face_dancing][face_love]

There is nothing like literally seeing your time flash before your eyes in another harrowing day to make you appreciate what you have all the more so - and Jim has a gem in Audrey! [face_love]

I cannot wait to see the follow-up to this one. [face_mischief]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    During a stroll in the arboretum, I broached a very important topic with Audrey and presented her with a ring that was a family heirloom.

She was happy and very touched that I spoke of her to my mother who offered the ring.

Audrey teased and asked if this was my roundabout way of proposing.

"I do seem to be coming at it sideways." I admitted.

"You mean if we stop landing in the middle of impossible seat of pants situations?"

"I mean regardless."

There was a pause, which probably wasn't too long but seemed quite protracted to me!

"'Rey?"

"I'm thinking." She replied, but the laughter in her eyes and voice gave her away.

I laughed with amused relief. "You've been around Nyota too much!"

She did not deny it but smiled. "Yes, to answer your question, I will."

We embraced firmly & I slid the ring on for her.

A day or so later

She sent to my personal 'padd a pic of a chrysalis with a butterfly emerging.

"A fitting symbol of your growth in our relationship & also of the way our relationship has transformed into something quite marvelous." Was her accompanying message.

I sent a warm thank you & placed an order with a famed jeweler in Amsterdam to have crafted a necklace of sapphires and emeralds in an alternating pattern of merging gems.

++++

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely entry, Jim and Audrey are a perfect match.

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, but his proposal fit them so very much. [face_mischief] I am glad that the ring he got for her was a family piece - and that he talked to his mother beforehand. That's hinting at all sorts of growth - and Audrey is only spot on with her comparison later . . . which makes Jim's gift all sorts of perfect. That was just lovely. [face_love]

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] He deserves to wiggle a little sometimes :p Lovely proposal nonetheless! Very them :D

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Takes place during "What Matters Most"

~!

I was absolutely surprised by my own reaction to a promotion! Never in a million years ... but that just goes to show when you have the right combination of circumstances you can embrace anything. With Audrey, I have a feeling anything I embarked on would be a great adventure. She herself is something of a continued discovery.

I'm still, honestly, relieved and humbled that I wasn't friend-zoned after her return. Not a day goes by that I don't offer up a prayer of thanks for that!

+++++++

:)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey is a perfect match for him

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That was just beautiful. I loved the line about every day being an adventure with her; with the right fit, he doesn't need his new horizons quite so much as before - he has one in her. [face_love][face_love]

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The line about being friend-zoned cracked me up :D

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I relished each and every day left of command, now that they were winding down. I loved the freedom and autonomy. The variety and diversity of worlds and situations. I will admit to moments when I wondered - am I truly making the right decision? "It's not too late you know." McCoy told me. "You can always rescind."

"Captain Daric Snow has already been slated to assume command." I told him wryly. "For better or worse ..."

"Well, blast it all. If it's command in general - you'll get a berth - on the Excelsior -- the latest cruiser to roll out the drydocks. Just had their shakedown cruise I hear."

I felt a nudge, a pang of - perhaps maybe?

Then Audrey and I would make plans and all doubts would quieten.

"You'll have the upper brass like the Fleet equivalent of Rogues and Wraiths in no time flat." She said, laughing.

That was something I was definitely looking forward to.

By the time I was done with them, no one would call the Admiralty hidebound.

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "You'll have the upper brass like the Fleet equivalent of Rogues and Wraiths in no time flat." She said, laughing.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Because he totally would. And, if sitting down and sitting tight doesn't suit them, you can always go back. But I love how his plans with Audrey ground-side mean more to him than anything else. I really want a peace of mind like this for canon!Kirk something fierce in this verse. [face_love][face_love]

Another wonderful glimpse into Kirk's mind. =D=[:D]

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, Jim Kirk is growing up! :p I love that his plans with Audrey are solid enough to wipe away all doubt [face_love]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love him describing his plans and even more Audrey commenting on rogues and wraiths

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Thanks to all who have liked, reviewed and generally followed along. @};-

~!

I am not one to ponder what-ifs or might-have-beens. I do, however, find myself recalling variations in the timestream, leading to different presents and futures. The thought - even fleetingly - that there could, probably is/was, a time when I did not have this lady at my side - is incomprehensible.

So I hold her tightly and feel glad for the choices that have led us to this moment.

+++++

:)

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was the perfect way to sum this tale up; Kirk's thoughtful wisdom, and his happiness with Audrey - it's just perfect. I too can imagine no better world for him. ;) [face_love]

Thank-you for letting us follow you on this wonderful ride. Every update was a joy to read! [:D]=D=

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So I hold her tightly and feel glad for the choices that have led us to this moment.

I actually teared up a little; this is so sweet! [face_love]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this sweet ending. Next year another diary[face_batting]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004