main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Anticipating 2 Milestones for Dream Themes Mini Games.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 10, 2022.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Anticipating Two Milestones
    Context: Nyota on the brink of 2 crucial milestones.

For @Kahara 's Dream Themes Challenge, 5.
    Amateur Not-Necessarily-Urban Exploration: Finding one's way into a new and unknown spaces, often inside a building. This can sometimes be a new room or level to a known place (like one's own home) or it may be in a completely new location. Venturing into these dream places can be an uneasy prospect, but there is sometimes a bit of the lure of adventure there too. And since they don't have to adhere to real-world logic, sometimes the structures have qualities that shouldn't or at least wouldn't be likely to exist in the real world.

Filled with anticipation for her upcoming departure for Starfleet, Nyota bubbled over with happy speculation as her family enjoyed a bechside picnic and her sister indulgently teased her for her eagerness, although she mistily admitted, "I will miss you terribly!"

"I'll miss you too!" Nyota said giving Kashore a hug.

The night before she was due to depart, Nyota dreamed she was strolling through a meadow of wildflowers which suddenly transformed into a bustling mezzanine full of shops selling exotic foods and outfits for the discerning tourist. Somehow, she knew she was on an orbiting space station in between the moon and Mars.

Nyota inspected the various offerings with avid delight.

She made it her resolve to visit the station in actuality during her first break between semesters.

---------

Some years intervene.

Nyota was looking forward eagerly to her career in the diplomatic sphere. She had an appointment with a realtor the following morning to look at cozy bungalows in the picturesque Cotswolds.

She dreamed she was running late and was navigating foggy thoroughfares, when suddenly the clouds parted and the sun beamed forth.

When she awoke, Nyota thought, What a lovely dream, reflective of her hopes and expectations.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, I loved both of these dreams! @};- They show Nyota's sense of adventure in entering these new phases in her life, as each one is a literal new vista in her dreamscape. :)

The mix of clouds and sun is always spectacular, and I really like that Nyota sees the best in this dream even if it was one of being late and busy -- that there will be new sights to see! =D=

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Lovely vignette! Those dream landscapes definitely make sense for the new transitions and milestones that Nyota is on the brink of here. A new situation is very much like a new landscape in its way, and it sometimes takes a similar kind of exploration—Nyota is working that through in her mind right now but also, true to character, seeing the bright side of it, as Kahara mentions. Very nice challenge response and great job summing up the essence of the prompt! =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    dreaming about a station and a cottage. She will both see it becoming a reality

Kahara and Tarsier like this.
  5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Fun dreams! I hope she did visit the mezzanine at the space station! @};-

Kahara likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You certainly tackled that sense of adventure when coupled with the unknown in your story! I loved seeing Nyota at two pivotal crossroads, with her dreams very much reflecting her inner courage and drive to explore. =D=

Wonderful! I like to think that she someday visits this same space station. [face_love]

It's that sun beaming forth that made this! Perfect. [face_love]

Thank you for sharing this with us! =D= [:D]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    As a foodie you know I'd have to include a reference to delectables and the song "A Foggy Day" inspired the second sequence. :)

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Awesome response to an awesome challenge!

You really captured that 'dream feeling' here, and I love how Nyota decides she's going to visit it for real.

The second part is lovely, too. So hopeful and optimistic! Beautifully done. [face_love]=D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.