main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more years!

4. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more!

Story [Star Trek AOS] Drabbletastic Cameos. Ongoing Fun!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 8, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota... Disclaimer: Borrowing for Fun & with Love
    Characters: The OTPs of Trek [face_laugh]

These prompts come from prior UDCs & ones I just came up with spontaneously.

~~~~~~!!!!

"Out of the Blue" -- Jim/Audrey

On a shore leave, they went to see "A Midsummer Night's Dream". With any troupe of actors but one strongly affiliated with what was priorly the United Kingdom and with the word "Royal" in its name, could be problematic as to quality, but pleasantly surprisingly, they did a marvelous job.

The couple mix-up was entertaining and watching them become re-tangled with the right love interest was very gratifying!

Jim and Audrey relaxed afterwards over cappuccino and she said: "It takes a genius to blend romance with comedy with classic underpinnings."

"Theseus and Hippolyta? Yes, it does." Jim agreed.

Audrey replied: "I love Shakespeare's sonnets as well."

Jim recalled this & sent her a copy of one of the most lovely of the collection:

Sonnet 29:
    When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
    I all alone beweep my outcast state,
    And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
    And look upon myself and curse my fate,
    Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
    Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
    Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,
    With what I most enjoy contented least;
    Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
    Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
    (Like to the lark at break of day arising
    From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
    For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
    That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

She cornered him in the turbolift and kissed him deeply in thanks, happily resolving to tell Nyota she now knew the allure of doing such things in lifts with the one you loved.

He had not realized she was one for doing such things "out of the blue" -- but Jim had to admit he liked it in her.

++++

[face_laugh]
    [face_mischief]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love your new set of drabbles and the great gift from Jim is[face_dancing]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks @};-

"Heat of the Moment", McCoy, & S/U

"Leo. Have I thanked you for not crossing the line in your 'discussions' with Spock?" Nyota asked McCoy over snacks one day after shift. "I truly appreciate it. You never go beyond the bounds of respect even when you're being particularly snarky. You never hit the low blow."

This was because McCoy knew Nyota would take offense, but also because there was genuine respect and affinity there, although he would be the last one to admit it. But the laughter in her eyes let him know she knew already.

He gave a mock-huff of "Really, it's nothing."

Nyota laughed outright at that one.

There was a particular sort of heated moment for Nyota later that evening, as she watched Hikaru and Spock spar with fencing rapiers. Both were graceful and agile, liquid in their movements.

When she got her love alone, her admiration was duly and satisfactorily expressed.

+++++

[face_laugh]

This OTP-- their reign continues unabated. ^:)^

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am always excited when I see more ficlets from you - and the UDC IV is a great place to start. I was just playing around writing for a few of them myself. [face_whistling]

And, as for these . . .

Out of the Blue: Aw! It's great seeing these two being able to relax and do something fun together. I love that Shakespeare has stood even the test of their time - and remains such a tried and true backdrop for couples everywhere. [face_mischief][face_love]

Heat of the Moment: I like the two different looks you gave for the same prompt, both taking inspiration in different ways. McCoy and Spock's banter is classic, but they do manage to stay friendly because they are friends, no matter how much they gripe. And yep - I can imagine that those sparring sessions are quite . . . pleasing to watch. ;) [face_laugh][face_love]

These were both fantastic. I can't wait to see more! :D [face_dancing][:D]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock sparring with McCoy and Sulu yes and Uhura seeing the friendship in all

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Loving the use of 'Leo' Nyota. This was a nice moment between friends. It is good to know that Nyota understands the level of restraint Leo has to show from time to time. =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using "Hold Back the Darkness"

As parents, Jim and Audrey surround their younglings with warm & fuzzy bedtime stories. If perchance they suffer from bad dreams, they provide hugs and tickles and assurances, hold back the darkness with a luma-panel that stays on for the rest of the night in the hallway.

"See? No Orcs under the bed." Audrey says with a warm smile.

They could NOT use their wakefulness as a reason/excuse for a second helping of cake or pie. Even if Daddy wanted one too.

++++

[face_laugh]

Another use of this nummy prompt with a different context:

~~~~!!

Nyota's bondmate has always held back the darkness that springs from harsh things she has encountered, filled every space of her heart and mind with the light and warmth of his love and admiration.

This is easy: Spock feels, as do all who know her, that Nyota is possessed of a resilient courage that is unfailing.

Her gratitude for his unwavering and tender adoration is boundless and unending.

+++++

:) [face_sigh]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    no sweets after bedtime

and Ny is a source of light and happinez

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love these two drabbles! They are both beautiful use of the prompts - looking at ties between hearts to hold back the darkness both figuratively and literally. I loved the younglings worrying about 'orcs under the bed', and of course Nyota finds solace in Spock and a lifeline to hold on in spite of everything she's been through. Just beautiful. [face_love]=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Commitment" with "Expectations"

Audrey never expected her relationship with Jim to be dull and uneventful. It was a learning experience on both sides. When their opinions differed even on mission details, they listened to each other with respect and consideration, as colleagues, and as friends, and as those bound by love.

"We have three reasons to treat each other well." She said to Nyota. "I don't expect us to be clones of one another."

Nyota laughed. "That would definitely be unrealistic and lead to disappointment if you always expected to agree."

"In those instances where the mission demands one course versus a compromise, we are able to each give a little to get a little." Audrey observed. "It springs from our commitment to one another, among other things."

"And if you're right, you must resist the temptation to say or even hint at I told you so." Nyota teased. "It's hard I know."

They laughed.

All this stood them in good stead when Jim and Audrey became parents and had discussions about raising their kids. They talked openly and promptly, without expecting the other to automatically "get" what the other was thinking without some kind of discussion.

+++++

@};-

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey and Nyota are different but caring for their beloved

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, this was sweet and heartwarming, just as your ficlets always are! [face_love]=D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Bastion and Centerpiece

As Audrey tucked in Amber and Valory she had a moment's sweet reflection. Jim was the centerpiece of all that had brought her joy: a deeper rapprochement with her own family of origin; discovering Cynara and Gregg and taking the plunge into embracing more in the family of the heart as well as blood; adopting Skylar; and then becoming parents. Each was a grand and bold step into the unknown of uncharted feelings, but there had been rewards - plentiful and sweet. He was a bastion against uncertainty and an eternal optimist, shielding her with an unbreakable love.

+++++
    :) [face_sigh]

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was such a beautiful, uplifting drabble - Audrey certainly has come such a long way, and her family with Jim has grown past what she could have ever imagined, I bet! I love the use of 'bastion' here - what a way to sum up Kirk in a nutshell, in any 'verse. [face_love]

=D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay these prompts are back!
    "As Good As New" (Jim/Audrey )

Jim grinned with pleasure as he handed Audrey an old-fashioned "photo album." Both of them loved "paper" books that you could hold and pictures that you could peruse and "browse through."

This particular album held pictures of them in crucial moments: before and during their adoption of Skylar and then with Valory and Amber.

Audrey beamed as she scrolled through the glossies, savoring the memories they stirred.

"I love these, Jim!" She enthused. "Aren't the girls just precious?"

Jim laughed. "I think so, but I'm slightly biased."

She felt her tummy flip over with butterflies. Jim in Daddy mode was only exceeded by Spock in that role, she had it on good authority from Nyota.

"Skylar's taken to being a big brother quite well, don't you think?" Audrey reflected after a beat.

Jim nodded in assent. "Yes, and he certainly could've been resentful about not being the center of attention or held back, emotionally but he never did. I think he was just happy to be part of a family."

"These kinds of pictures make wonderful keepsakes." Jim said thoughtfully. "Even years from now, they and the memories they bring back, will be as good as new."

+++

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yummy fun and sweet. Great moments for Jim and Audrey

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! I love the sense of the prompt being taken in the preservation of memories! What a beautiful interpretation. [face_love] Jim and Audrey certainly have a lovely family - and extended family - to reflect back on as it grows. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Blessing"

Did Nyota wonder if she would receive a "blessing" of approval from Sarek and Amanda? She had no reason to doubt so, although she felt a momentary pang of "What will they think of me?" She exchanged introductions over the holocomm with Amanda and found her to be warm and congenial.

"I look forward to meeting you," Amanda said and her eyes shone with laughter as if she knew there was more to the matter than "working friends."

When she met Sarek, she received more than just his blessing, she received his affection as well.

"My son has consummate taste." He wrote to her on one occasion.

It made her very happy to realize she had had nothing to be concerned over.

"Beneath The Surface"

As with any friendship, there is always more beneath the surface. As times together increase, knowledge, respect, trust, and liking grow.

With Vulcans, Jim and Nyota could both/each attest, there is more under the surface. There is unbreakable loyalty, a wry understated humor, and the ability to inspire a love that never ends!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Blessing: Aw! I absolutely adore the idea that Amanda knew full well what was going on with Spock and Nyota before her death, and was able to give her approval in a sense. What a comfort for both of them. [face_love] Then, Sarek! A very him thing to say, but beautifully phrased for all the feeling that it encompassed, even so. [face_love]

Beneath the Surface: Truer words were never said! Justly lovely. [face_love]

Thank-you for sharing another beautiful pair of drabbles. [:D]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Candles"

Dajan and Kashore loved candlelight dinners. They didn't even need an occasion. One candleholder always held a red rose, while 2 more held lit candles, whose soft glow created and enhanced the cozy romantic mood.

Nyota wasn't particularly sentimental, so it didn't make a difference one way or another if there were candles or not.
    That was until ... She discovered love for herself and the appeal of sweet ambiences.

The object of her affection was nothing if not observant. After an evening or two in an Italian restaurant and a French cafe, replete with delectable food, exotic music, and the scent of glowing candles, he took note of her delight & filed the information away for future reference.
    Thus, on more than one occasion, he surprised her by including the candles, and he would be less than honest if he did not find the way the light played in her large, liquid eyes most enthralling.

On the anniversary of their first date, he made certain to do so, and Nyota showed her gratitude with kisses & a melodic rendering of the standard "Stairway to the Stars."

++++

AN: The quintessential version of that wonderful ballad is by Sarah Vaughn. :) Just heard a version of that song by Jonny Mathis. It was sheer ... yummy! =P~ That voice. Those words. [face_sigh]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    candles are so beautiful to enhance a scene and sure loved by Ny and Spock

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I knew you would write something mushy and moving for this prompt, and you most certainly didn't disappoint! What I love most about this was how in character it felt - Nyota is happy for her sister, of course, but she doesn't see the need for such sentimentality until she's similarly inspired herself. Of course Spock would be observant enough to notice what she likes, and make sure to include candles in the future! I was smiling such a dorky grin for that tidbit. [face_love]

Beautiful work answering the prompt, as always!! [:D]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Laughter & Kisses in the Rain"

When Nyota and Spock get caught in the warm spring rain without an umbrella, her laughter ensues.

"I'm a mess!" She remarks as they rush towards their front door. She sets their packages on the porch and digs in her purse for the door-release card to swipe.

But her bondmate only gazes at her with avid appreciation and spontaneously kisses her, because he knows she likes such things and because – she's beautiful even when wet.

"Oh, you!" She exclaims lovingly, not sorry in the slightest, and returns the kisses enthusiastically, and laughs inwardly because irrational as it seems, they are merely becoming more soaked and she cannot and will not complain.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! What a sweet moment to capture in just a few words. I can't seem to stop smiling after reading this one. :D [face_love]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Crucible"

Sulu recalled his first meeting with Shannon McManus. He had been privileged to be on one of the most - if not eh most in the forefront crews to encounter adventures in Starfleet.
    So the bar was quite high.

He queried Shannon as to her experiences and her outlook on the unexpected.

"That which doesn't break you can make you stronger if you let it." She said. "It's a choice. You can wallow or make the same dunderheaded life choices. But you can also develop empathy and courage."

This had sold him on her.
    It went beyond "credentials on paper". It was one of the intangibles that forged a crew into a harmonious team.

++++

:)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018