main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "As Rare as You" One-Shot.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 15, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By: WarmNyota

Characters: S/U

Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.

Note 1: Inspired by 2 amazingly compelling historical fiction novels, "The Twentieth Wife" and "Feast of Roses", by Indu Sundaresan, featuring a wonderfully portrayed strong female protagonist and damask roses, which are presented in the latter work and it is exquisitely lovely!
    A purple-violet variation is seen in this link:
    https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-p...cus-rose-rosa-damascena-pegnitz-51026835.html

Note 2: Definitely not romantically motivated [face_laugh] [face_mischief] but he has to give her this special gift.

-----------------

Spock bought Nyota a bouquet of damask roses, purple-violet in hue, because it was the anniversary of their first date. The rose's uniquely shaped leaves and petals reminded him of her elegance and loveliness. Eeven though they had younglings, he realized she was unabashedly sentimental about such things still, and he was pleased to indulge her in this fashion. The kids were staying over at their grandparents' villa, and he chose the best moment to present the flowers to her (sunset), as she was enjoying a mug of hot chocolate with cinnamon sprinkles and marshmallows.

When he handed the bouquet to her, she exclaimed: "Oh! Lovely! Thank you so much, darling!"

He kissed her softly, feeling the warmth of their bond thrum like violin strings.

He gazed into her glowing, liquid eyes and murmured, "I knew these were perfect for the occasion."

"I know they are rare," Nyota answered happily.

"As are you, my love."

She melted into his embrace even more. "I do so love you..."

They shared the rest of her delicious beverage and the wonderful transition of sunset into emerging twilight.

Fini...

++++

[face_love]

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely scene with the roses

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! What a wonderfully beautiful scene and a wonderfully beautiful gift. [face_love]

(And I like the historical fiction recs too - will definitely have to add those to my list. :D)

=D= [:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.