main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So sweet! I love both posts about bonding -- in different ways, of course ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Nat. Both kinds of bond are special & definitely fill sweet places for Nyota who has before now doubtless thought she would not have a family of her own. [face_thinking] :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This week's prompt: Far from Home.

~~~!

Kashore had been genuinely welcoming. Her eyes soft and happy. "There was one guy Ny dated in the interim, longer than most. Tanner Morgan ... but somehow after a few dates, she told me and her close friends: I wanted us to click more than we actually did. That's not something you can force or will-power into success. It does take work, but no square peg in round hole strategy will ever make it come out right. And now, I have never seen her so happy, so at peace." She grinned, exuberance bubbling in her tone of voice.

Now, he gazed at Nyota and wondered silently about the past. In the wake of a newly deepened bond, would her past relationships become silent accusers, in any respect?

She had caught this train of musing and smiled with gentle assurance.
    "Love, my heart was always looking for a home it had lost, and each relationship made it feel farther and farther. When I was marooned on Serillious, you, paradoxically, were my anchor. And there weren't as many trial-runs or dress rehearsals as you might be imagining."

As it turned out, there was no need for concern.

She had shivered at his reverent touch, welcomed him avidly with her caresses and kisses.
    Her eyes had shone with such overwhelming gladness and adoration, any vestige of lingering doubt had vanished.
    Their pervasive bond was radiant and shimmered between them.

The following morning, he awoke to find her glowing eyes laughing as they fixed upon him.

"I was almost afraid all of that ... all of you ... was a scrumptious dream. Now you've made everything/anyone that came before seem a mirage, a mist disappearing with the dawn. I was made for this, my own sweet sweet heart, made for you." She breathed with consummate tenderness and drew him near again.

++++

Melts!

NYCitygurl ________

earlybird-obi-wan _______

Mira_Jade [face_dancing] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww! So sweet that they made it work after all this time [face_love]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    So very sweet to begin my Easter. A real delight[face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was just lovely and sweet. I loved Kashore's insight, as always, and yet, Nyota and Spock's bond is just a treat to read as it grows and deepens once again. Thank-you for sharing! =D=[:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan NYCitygurl
    Note: Not following the prompt this time. :D Loving it though.

~~~~!

She joins him on diplomatic talks. Her acumen soon comes to the fore. She is forthright and outspoken. She challenges both sides to compromise when that would be best.

A lady diplomat named Alexa is brought up sharply to give Nyota the respect she is due.

Her condescension and patronizing tone evaporates under Nyota's cold glare.

~~~!

"She has a history with you." Nyota observes later after the talks conclude. "I could tell she was put out when I was introduced."

Her bondmate raises a brow in amusement. "She developed a crush I am afraid and perhaps hoped I was unattached."

Nyota feels a chill. "If not for serendipitous events, you might be."

He clasps her hands and gazes deeply into her eyes. "You truly wish to call it 'destiny.'" He remarks.

She laughs. "Darling, you've caught me out."

They embrace tightly as his thought flows tenderly to her: "You are the other half of me."

"You'd move heaven and earth for me. Wouldn't you?" She queries.

He kisses her thoroughly for reply.

She melts into his hold and returns it happily.

She contemplates the years ahead, and feels blessed - utterly blessed. Their time together will not be curtailed, after all.

+++++

[face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great observations and beautifully poetic words

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was just delightful and heartfelt - the perfect thing to wake up to this morning. Odd sometimes are the way of fate, but it is just best to take hold of the good it gives you and cherish it. I love Spock's lines about 'heaven and earth' - it was perfectly placed and beautifully said! [face_love]=D=

[:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :D

Note: This week's prompt is Mothers. :D This deals with a consequence of motherly caring.

~~~~!!

When Saerk goes on a hike with friends, his innate and insatiable curiosity draws him down a seld-perused path. Thankfully, he has a handheld guidance mapping device and so is not separated from his comrades for long. Also fortuitously, they were searching for him pretty much right away.

But Nyota still worries. It is her natural and instinctive reaction. Her mind chruns with all manner of dire scenarios.

Nyota strongly urges him not ever to make her anxious like that again. She doesn't want to curtail his curiosity or overstep what he might consider her bounds. She cringes (at the same time, though) to think he might retaliate with a oh-so-courteous form of "You're not my mother." But there is none of that in his expression or demeanor.

He lets her tuck him in later that night and apologizes for giving her distress.

This touches her but not so much as the "Ma-mere" he concludes with, making her heart soar.

Feeling restless and not able to sleep, Nyota goes to the terrace and lets the night sounds soothe her.

Spock finds her there, and his hand on her shoulder is warm and she basks in the feel of it.

"OK, don't tell me ... you think I was too harsh or it wasn't my place to ..."

"Of course it is." He interjects gently. "I would never contradict you or undermine your authority, in any event."

"Nor I yours as his father. I was simply so worried. I was plagued by illogical what-ifs, as you know full well I would be prey to." She concludes ruefully.

She assays a glance at him, and rather than seeing even slight disapprobation or bewilderment in his eyes - finds only affection and amusement.

Because he knows Nyota loves hearing it, he murmurs: "I love you."

"And I you!" She exclaims as he scoops her up.

She wraps arms and legs around him and he carries her back inside where the warmth of their bed, and of his passion stirs the ever-ready enthusiasm of her own.

+++++

Melty!

______

Mira_Jade
    -------

earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I. LOVE. This. [face_love][face_love]

For me, one of the unexpected delights found in this 'verse was Nyota's relationship with Saerk, and this dealt with their developing relationship wonderfully. It's a fine line to tread beforing crossing into too much/too soon territory, but I think that Nyota handled the situation wonderfully here, and Spock, as always, knew just what to say. I love seeing their family-bonds deepen all across the board. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see her developing family-bond with Saerk and Spock. And excellent use of the prompt

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :)

Note: Sweetness from first to last. ^:)^

~~~~!

Nyota speaks animatedly over the 'comm to Sherralyn. Her laughter is wholehearted and her eyes sparkle with her mirth.

Her bondmate is moved anew by her ebullience. He is grateful that the last vestige of shadow has lifted from her soul.

She is (thankfully) not plagued by lingering dreams as well.

He finds that he is able to be more himself with her than ever before. No one had thought to quell his true intricacy and unique nature.
    Like a blend of Noldo and Sindar, the richness of his inner self is defined by the beauty of each and enriched by being a meld of the two.

Still, in her absence, somehow, the desire and needfulness of letting that have full expression had been somewhat dampened.

He expresses this to her later, under the light of two moons, one at half, the other a softly silver crescent.

"Oh, darling! I found my you-box today. I never relinquished it in the intervening time," Nyota discloses, "Although I never could bring myself to peruse it for sentimental reasons. The bitter was more strong than the sweet in those days. Now, however, I can, since the sweet surpasses." Her eyes twinkle and glow with her utter contentment.

"Love, did you keep such a memory box as a child?" He ponders.

She smiles. "Yes. My sister and I both did, as our parents did for each of us."

Nyota pauses and then asks very quietly. "Would you mind it so very much if our child did the same, as he/she grew up? I know it's blatantly an emotional indulgence." She winks.

Something in her tone and across their bond lets him know this is more than an idle or hypothetical query.

He answers candidly, amused and loving: "I would not object. Are you asking me specifically at this point in time because ..."

"Yes." She breathes, in sheer delight.

He crushes her, kissing her quite entirely breathless.

++++

Woot! The beautiful question Ny asks was inspired by Sabyne's viggie for the edited challenge. It's such a lovely idea and such a delicious question LOL

[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan

_________

Mira_Jade

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love] This is all sorts of sweetness and loveliness - in the best possible way. I loved her asking for the memory box - and the throwback to the Sindar/Noldor. ;) Truly, there is nothing better than mingling the best of both worlds. :p And now, a wee little one of their own! I can't wait to see how this new development fits into to there little family unit. [face_love]

Once again, seeing their relationship develop and deepen once more is just lovely to read. [face_love]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Reminiscent of my first L/M fic Two Dances Across Time ;)

Mira_Jade

earlybird-obi-wan -- don't miss this one [:D] !!!

~~~~~~!!

"Dance with me?"

She and Spock had shared a slow dance, fraught with uncertainty and a question she dared not ask.

His eyes were shadowed as he gazed at her, with a myriad unspoken regrets.

As soon as he spoke those fateful words, her eyes became full of silent recriminations.

"I suppose I mean little to nothing to you." She accused.

"You are fully aware of your value," He countered.

"Despite that, I am still irrelevant." She had retorted and stalked away, blinking back tears.

Now - in vastly different circumstances, he had murmured those words to Nyota as his bondmate -- during the anniversary of Founders' Day. It was a historic and pivotal moment worthy of commemorating.

He wondered how she would react to the song and the occasion--with all the incumbent memories?

Nyota stiffened fractionally but then melted into his hold with an inner shrug.
    That was then ...

He pressed her even closer and their steps halted as he leaned in to whisper:
    "I kept all the songs I composed for you and listened to them and recalled every word we had ever spoken to one another." He admitted lowly.

Her eyes flew wide as she grinned. "How unabashedly sentimental of you, my heart!" She teased.

"Indisputably." He did not demur, as their steps resumed.

"I hadn't been able to compose a note since, until we encountered one another again." He continued, stroking a hand along her back.

"Ah! I must be your creative muse." Nyota replied happily.

He drew her to the side as the dance ended and pressed a surreptitious kiss to the hollow of her throat. "Among other things."

+++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was just gorgeous - soft and tender, moving from the bitter to the sweet with the sweep of your prose. Thanks for sharing another lovely snippet. [face_love]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very sweet and I can see them - with your words - dancing and singing

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was fun, thanks.

Note: This week's prompt is "Taking Flight"
    Yowsa, does this song fit, or what? [face_dancing]

3ZTrx79NgLQ[/media] Love Light in Flight (Fuel Injection Passion)

"Saerk is full of you and I and the new youngling." Spock confesses as he and Nyota skim over a forested glade in a cloud-car. "Even in holo-calls to his mother he speaks of you with ..." He searches for the right word.

Nyota chuckles, and admires the view of the flowering boughs below, laden with pink and pale-rose blossoms. "Understated excitement." She supplies, and they exchange a laughing glance.

She is touched that Saerk has grown in his affection for her and is anticipating the new arrival.

She and her bondmate land the car in an open glade and share a picnic as birds sing overhead and a light breeze rustles through the trees.

"Nightingales." Nyota realizes with elation. "This is one of the few sanctuary worlds where they still flourish." She thinks of nightingales, of Melian, and Luthien.

She glances at her love in silent wonderment. Were those emotionally salient aspects what inspired him to bring her here, to this very spot?

In answer, he reaches to draw her close.
    His savoring caresses and warm loving kisses make her tingle all over.

She reciprocates with eager ones of her own.

Afterwards, they lay in mental and physical entwinement.

"How I adore you." She breathes, tenderly.

"Nyota love, I cherish you, completely." He murmurs, squeezing her nearer still.

With his hands continuing a leisurely stroking, Nyota purrs.

She is sated.

+++++

Mira_Jade ______ earlybird-obi-wan

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, but that was just lovely!! I can't decide what I like more - the nightingales and the gorgeous scenery mixed with the sweetness of their bond, or Saerk and his fascination with his new sibling. :p Both bring such a smile to my face! This was just a sweet, well tied together little ficlet that I loved completely. (And the Tolkien references are for the win! You know that I just adore that! [face_love][:D])

=D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I fully agree with that. Nightingales are beautiful songbirds enhancing the scenery

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Love the gentle tone of this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

Saerk's POV

Nyota and I are not bound by blood, but I can feel her essence as it brushes against mine. It is radiant and warm, and her eyes hold mine with mirth in their depths.

"When I was a youngling, I wished I could sense the trees and flowers, bask in their growing and blooming natures." She winks. "Feel them as they transitioned from spring to summer and from summer to autumn."

I raise a brow at her, in curiosity, which makes her smile even more.

"How intriguing." I comment, and she laughs outright.

"I love the forested glades, always have." She replies.

The new one within her stirs and since we two are bound by blood, I find myself attuning to him/her, and thusly to Nyota, by extension, even more so than our burgeoning relationship is lending itself towards.

My father enters then and the look they exchange is one of such consummate tenderness.
    (Even their differences of opinion are not absent of their respect and caring for one another.)

In early days, I had wondered if it would dismay me that his looks towards my mother had never been so full of instinctive and profound ... soul-deep warmth, but I find that it does not.

It nourishes and gratifies me that she can fill such spaces and have hers filled in turn.

I leave them in privacy then, and hear her lilting laughter as he moves to hold her in the way of her kind.

End Note: I find the affinity Celebrian has for the forest so incredibly interesting so had to include a wistful note of that here. :)

Woohoo! That POV was fun!

earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Saerk is a sweet kid with those lovely thoughts about his step'mom'

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Please forgive me while I melt down into smiles over this - but this was beautiful! I loved the softness of Saerk's POV, and his insights - incredible for one so young, and just lovely in shape. [face_love] I also love the forest references - as you knew I would. ;) [:D]

=D=

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Nyota and I are not bound by blood, but I can feel her essence as it brushes against mine. It is radiant and warm, and her eyes hold mine with mirth in their depths.

Thanks! @};- This was much needed to find my sleep tonight, after all the crying and utterly wrong self-pity

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AzureAngel2 -- @};- @};- and [:D] I am chuffed this eased your cares a teensy bit. Here's hoping and praying for rekindled/re-appreciated love. :D